Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 06:35

What’s the sound like at Allegiant in Vegas up in the 300s, and in Seattle’s Lumen, again in the 300s?

Thanks

Rod

Rod

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: December 18, 2023 19:00

bam
The Jambase article doesn’t list Bernard as being part of the backup band for the tour. Is that confirmed?
[www.jambase.com]

Don't worry, maybe Bernard's name was just forgotten at the jambase article ...
However, Bernard's name appears in other articles, such as this one from the New York Post.

"The Rolling Stones band members
No joke — the upcoming tour is sponsored by AARP.
Rather than shy away from their age, the legendary rockers are embracing their elder statesman status.
To give you a peek at who’s in the group these days, take a look below.

Mick Jagger (80-years-old) lead and backing vocals, harmonica, rhythm guitar, percussion, keyboards, bass guitar (1962–present)
Keith Richards (79-years-old) rhythm and lead guitars, bass guitar, keyboards, percussion, backing and lead vocals (1962–present)
Ronnie Wood (76-years-old) lead and rhythm guitars, bass guitar, backing vocals, pedal steel guitar (1975–present)
Backing musicians include Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Matt Clifford, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries, Karl Denson, Chanelle Haynes and Steve Jordan.
Their longtime drummer Charlie Watts passed away in August 2021"

Scroll down to "The Rolling Stones band members" winking smiley
[nypost.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 18, 2023 19:14

smoking smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 18, 2023 19:15

GA currently available at face value ($155) for both Chicago shows
syrel

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 19, 2023 12:32

bitusa2012
What’s the sound like at Allegiant in Vegas up in the 300s, and in Seattle’s Lumen, again in the 300s?

Thanks

Rod

Found this:
"Imagine if somebody took the studio tracks and put reverb and echo on every single instrument. That's what it sounded like in the 300s. What I would give to have known and bought floor seats."
Somebody saw the Peppers in that stadium. But when you read it, they had some technical issues. But I would say if you want really good sound, you need to be center and quite close.

Someone else wrote: "i started in the nosebleeds and i could not believe how it sounded during King Princess. scammed my way down to the 100s and it was soooooooo much better/worth the risk"

Of course, that was just one concert!
[www.reddit.com]

Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 19, 2023 19:21

Exclusive

WRINKLY THE BEST The Rolling Stones enlist huge Tina Turner stage star for their upcoming tour

Ellie Henman
19 Dec 2023

THE ROLLING STONES are so keen to make sure their upcoming Hackney Diamonds tour is The Best they have hired a Tina Turner impersonator to be a backing singer.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, have booked Chanel Haynes for their run of gigs in the US.

t’s a huge win for Chanel, who said she was sacked from Tina: The Tina Turner Musical in London last year after she got the dream opportunity to sing Gimme Shelter with them during a show in Italy.

A source said: “The Stones had a very close relationship with Tina and Chanel blew them away when she got up on stage with them.

“She ended up losing her job on the production because she didn’t want to miss out on the huge opportunity of singing live with The Stones.

“Chanel has now been booked as one of their backing singers and will be going out on tour with them across America in the spring.

“It means the world to her and the band were just pleased they could help her out.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: December 19, 2023 20:36

bitusa2012

Thanks

Rod

I thought the 300s in Seattle sounded pretty decent. Can't speak for Vegas, as I've only been in the pit there.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: December 19, 2023 22:19

BeastyBurdeny
bitusa2012

Thanks

Rod

I thought the 300s in Seattle sounded pretty decent. Can't speak for Vegas, as I've only been in the pit there.

My experience in stadiums with a roof is you generally want to be close enough for the main stage PA to overpower any echo. I've been in the pit at Allegiant and SoFi for Stones and other artists and you can still perceive some extra reverb off the room.

Fully outdoor venues like Levi's, Lumen, Soldier Field are generally tolerable sound even in the cheap seats.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: December 20, 2023 15:03

Lots of reasonably priced seats have appeared for Seattle (just in time for Xmas...) - mainly on the sides
syrel

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: December 21, 2023 05:54

syrel
Lots of reasonably priced seats have appeared for Seattle (just in time for Xmas...) - mainly on the sides
syrel

You weren't kidding! Just looked. Like 100 tickets on either side 94 usd. Too bad I told my physio a couple weeks back to look into Seattle instead of Van. He bought seats further away for 120USD

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 22, 2023 03:30

syrel
syrel

Aww sucks, should have waited. Oh well…

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: December 22, 2023 09:29

If one wants to get vinyl or perhaps a guitar signed, what is a good time to show up at the arena? I’d guess between 1-2pm? Anyone who’s tried before….would love advice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-23 17:43 by Bosmatic1.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 22, 2023 12:29

Bosmatic1
If one wants to get vinyl or perhaps a guitar signed, what is a good time to show up at the arena? I’d guess between 1-2pm? Anyone who’s tried before….wouks love advice.

The chance of getting something signed is not high but it's higher at the hotels than at the arena. They usually arrive right before the soundcheck at the arenas before the gates open for the fans.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 23, 2023 12:34

They do love to tour, and there's also the "occupy space, don't leave room" syndrome. In that sense, they remind me of Metallica, who have been touring constantly for a century.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Bosmatic1 ()
Date: December 23, 2023 17:44

Hmmm, now how to sleuth what hotel(s) they’ll likely stay at in Vancouver.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: December 23, 2023 21:28

syrel
GA currently available at face value ($155) for both Chicago shows
syrel

Just checked; still available

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 23, 2023 21:37

Bosmatic1

That’s not allowed to discuss on this forum.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 24, 2023 03:03

Bosmatic1

but if they Air B'n'B you'll never find'em!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 25, 2023 04:58

bye bye johnny
Exclusive

WRINKLY THE BEST The Rolling Stones enlist huge Tina Turner stage star for their upcoming tour

Ellie Henman
19 Dec 2023

THE ROLLING STONES are so keen to make sure their upcoming Hackney Diamonds tour is The Best they have hired a Tina Turner impersonator to be a backing singer.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, have booked Chanel Haynes for their run of gigs in the US.

t’s a huge win for Chanel, who said she was sacked from Tina: The Tina Turner Musical in London last year after she got the dream opportunity to sing Gimme Shelter with them during a show in Italy.

A source said: “The Stones had a very close relationship with Tina and Chanel blew them away when she got up on stage with them.

“She ended up losing her job on the production because she didn’t want to miss out on the huge opportunity of singing live with The Stones.

“Chanel has now been booked as one of their backing singers and will be going out on tour with them across America in the spring.

“It means the world to her and the band were just pleased they could help her out.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

That is beyond lame. Wrinkly The Best? And... "to make sure their upcoming Hackney Diamonds tour is The Best"?

Wow. So out of touch.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 25, 2023 07:04

treaclefingers
Bosmatic1

but if they Air B'n'B you'll never find'em!

Don't forget any hostels downtown!! Seriously though, Pan Pacific? Sutton Place?

Date: December 25, 2023 16:18

GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny
Exclusive

Ellie Henman
19 Dec 2023

[www.thesun.co.uk]

That is beyond lame. Wrinkly The Best? And... "to make sure their upcoming Hackney Diamonds tour is The Best"?

Wow. So out of touch.

Yeah that's up there with the Jay Leno "Steel Wheelchairs Tour" joke.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 25, 2023 16:43

Bosmatic1

B&B! Think hotels are fully booked! Early bird gets the worm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-25 16:46 by babyblue.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 25, 2023 17:39

One question,is any of the shows for the tour actually "Sold Out"??...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: December 25, 2023 17:59

Other than Chanel Haynes, any word on other changes to the touring band?

Date: December 25, 2023 18:30

ROPENI
One question,is any of the shows for the tour actually "Sold Out"??...

I think if that actually were the case, the accountants wouldn't be doing their job. Revenue maximization dictates they have at least a few vastly overpriced tickets available up to show time.

Date: December 25, 2023 19:47

rubyeveryday
Other than Chanel Haynes, any word on other changes to the touring band?

On horns i read

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: December 25, 2023 22:37

I know I probably shouldn't ask this on this forum, but if anyone has a pair of tickets for Vegas and/or Chicago #1, please let me know. I am hoping closer to show time, there may be some decent tickets available. My email is babyface11@hotmail.com.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 26, 2023 07:03

Bosmatic1
If one wants to get vinyl or perhaps a guitar signed, what is a good time to show up at the arena? I’d guess between 1-2pm? Anyone who’s tried before….would love advice.

Usually they never sign anything at the venue. Your best chance to get them will be at the hotel. And that requires tons of luck.

Show day might be a tough day for autographs as a whole, but it has happened before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-26 07:05 by Topi.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: December 26, 2023 17:42

Vivid Seats has Pit tickets for Cleveland at $790 all fees and taxes included.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 26, 2023 18:34

Jeter1984
Vivid Seats has Pit tickets for Cleveland at $790 all fees and taxes included.

Jeter, thanks for the tip. Do you what this means (below)?:

"Local Pickup, Customer Walk-in. Delivery day of show. Client will be met at venue and walked into the show by representative."

They don't send an email link to your phone? Just never used Vivid before. Thank you again!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home