Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
MIck taylor is a HAS-been
Date: December 6, 2005 03:58

Its the truth, hes got nothing, he was too much of a baby to stay in the band so he quit, and frankly all he has done since then is wine about it and played dives in eroupe. He was amazing with the stones. and as keith said "all he did was piss and moan" i say good ridience.!!!

"mick's my wife, and we can't get divorced"

"Alright keith, gimmie some of them women"

"And now, dressed as mick jagga........mick jagga"

AIM- ohnonotyouagainn

Re: MIck taylor is a HAS-been
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 6, 2005 04:24

tells us how you really feel...don't hold back

Posted by: Stranger ()
Date: December 6, 2005 04:29

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of built up anger there. It's not healthy to keep it all inside.

Date: December 6, 2005 04:33

may be another round in the sack with Lisa would be in order...

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: December 6, 2005 04:34

despite he is great in the stones, and when he left in '74, he had great potential, and he still is great player, you have to admit, he hasnt done much.

Date: December 6, 2005 04:39

yeah, he hasn't done much from a product/commercial perspective. but the guy can still play a mean axe - which would disqualify him from has-been status in my book.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 6, 2005 04:48

In 1995, my buddy and I saw MT perform in a small club in Ventura, CA. USA. There was an unknown act that opened the show. I was standing right in front of him as he played his set. Very cool to watch a master at work.On the down side, there were less than 200 people in attendance and most of them were walking out during CYHMK. Not a good sign.
I met MT as he was exiting the venue. Shy but friendly, MT shook our hands and signed his new CD with an MT personal guitar pic. Nice.
Father time has not been kind to MT. He dressed very sloppy and was overweight. He was quite bloated in the face and stomach. Too much boozing has caught up to him.
In defending Ron Wood, at least he is gainfully employed by a pretty decent corporation with a huge salary and great benefits.He is in great physical shape and looks great. I met him in Seattle last month, and what a prince of a guy he is. He can still play the guitar, make no mistake.

Date: December 6, 2005 04:52

you had me going until the last paragraph, toker. Ronnie in good shape? Skinny doesn't qualify. The man has all but been given his death certificate by doctors if he doesn't quit the booze and cigs - which he apparently refuses to. MT may be fat, but the $ here says he outlives the Woodman (not trying to be morbid - apologies to anyone I offend here).

Posted by: Stranger ()
Date: December 6, 2005 05:05

Ronnie is in good shape? What's happened. Has someone given him a new liver or something... And please give me the numbers of the doctors that managed to reverse his irreversible lung condition too. I know some other patients that are interested in this new treatment.

This is not meant as a put down. I really do hope that he's doing better.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: December 6, 2005 05:59

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:56 by cirrhosis.

Date: December 6, 2005 06:06

cirrhosis - I think may be misunderstanding the MT supporters here. I think for the most part none of us want to see MT back in the band (nothing wrong with a cameo, though)....but that's quite different than saying he can't play anymore. He can play and play as well as ever, IMO.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 6, 2005 06:26

When I met Woody he was all smiles, well dressed and very nice. For a 58 yr. old guy who has had his fair share of personal challenges, he looked great. We all have our demons as does Woody. If you had met him, your opinion would be different. Luckily, I have met both MT and RW. Two different guy, two different styles. Who is the better guitarist? Who cares. At least we still have the Stones after 43 years.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: December 6, 2005 06:54

If he never played with Stones we would all be asking Mick Taylor? Who is that?

Well he did play with them but the reality is that he was always over rated and has been a has been for about 30 years. Sure he could play real smooth....him and about 20,000 other guitar players on earth, except he was in the right place at the right time and was able to join the greatest rock band ever.........then quit. What a BOOB !

Leather Jacket? Wow. Great song. Definitely would make the bottom of the top 2 million songs list.

Milo, NYC
Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 6, 2005 13:02

yeah there are 20,000 other guitar players out there in guitar land but taylor
was the best during that period 1969-1974 and still can play.

he took studio jagger/richards songs and made them killer live.

you think clapton could of played a better lead live on stray cat.midnight,
gimme shelter,angie,Dancing With Mr D,YCAGWYW,All Down The Line,BS,JJF,SFM,
LIV,heartbreaker,IM Free,Taylor's vibrato and fluidity was something special.

Leather Jacket is a great song - IT HAS GREAT GUITAR LAYERING on the studio
cut and is about your glimmer jagger.Broken Hands is a great rocker same thing
with twisted sister.keith has not wrote a decent riff since main offender and
chooses to croon us all.

Imagine the stones live in 1969 and the 70's with Brian Jones OUCH your lucky
taylor came aboard or the stones would of been dead going into the 70's because
playing your songs live was paramont at that time period.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 6, 2005 13:38

What is your point in saying he's a has-been? I can't see any to it myself. Whether he is or he isn't, so what? What has he ever done to offend you? Good riddance to starting threads like that is more to the point.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 6, 2005 13:58

Agree, who gives a flying fig? We all end up 'has-beens' in the end......

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 6, 2005 14:14

On the fan club DVD, there is a segment of RW and KR in the warm up room. Just the two of them riffing off each other. They still have their chops. I have no idea then what happens to them when they step out on stgae to play the same numbers night after night...there are moments when you think that they just will never pull it together.

As for MT, I have always thought he was a great guitarist, right guy at the right time, but it was the Glimmer Twins at their creative peak that gave us the Golden Period. If it was MT that was responsible, then he lost his muse pretty fast, as his minmal creative output as shown.

As for RW's health, the MD warnings were THAT IF HE DID NOT STOP. Well RW has given up ciggies and while I am sure his lungs will never be up to running a marathon, as soon as you stop, they begin to repair themselves as long as the damage is not completely beyond a certain point. As for alcohoal, he seems to be doing pretty well this tour,and again unless his liver was already cirrotic, that organ has an incredible capacity for regeneration. I have seen RW up close a couple of times this tour, and while very skinny ( as are all the Stones) he actually looks pretty healthy for a 58 year old man that has challenged his body with excess all these years.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: December 6, 2005 14:18

I think Lisa is sick and tired of the Ronnie slaggings...this is her way of letting her anger out....

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 6, 2005 14:27

I am by no means a Taylor-hater. I think his work with Stones was superb. But IMO when lookiong at Taylor the p[erson nowadays I see his biotterness shine through. Startiong to manifest itself physically. He looks grouchy, fat and tired. NOBODY can produce beautiful music from that kind of spiritual address.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 6, 2005 14:32

I'm coming of the smokes and was told that your lungs don't repair (unlike your liver) but once you stop smoking the deteriation slows down

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:04

I exchanged a few words with Ronnie in NY, so I saw him close up and I thought he looked pretty damn good. Better than Blondie, who I also saw close up - he looked quite a bit more ravaged than Ronnie to me. Ronnie's always been pretty skinny as far as I know. Better that than the other way round. If he were fat, he'd get plenty of slagging for it on here...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:05

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am by no means a Taylor-hater. I think his work
> with Stones was superb. But IMO when lookiong at
> Taylor the p[erson nowadays I see his biotterness
> shine through. Startiong to manifest itself
> physically. He looks grouchy, fat and tired.
> NOBODY can produce beautiful music from that kind
> of spiritual address.

Tired of life? A disappointed man? This is the theme of a great blues song. You aren't happy if you do "Love in Vain" or others. All men and women who sang the blues are reflecting and expressing the bitterness of life. So Mick Taylor does, so the Stones do in their best moments. And it is not essential how Mick Taylor looks like, it is essential how he does his guitar work and that is ingenious.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:38

Taylor has been? Well there are at least four other has beens I can think of.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:41

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am by no means a Taylor-hater. I think his work
> with Stones was superb. But IMO when lookiong at
> Taylor the p[erson nowadays I see his biotterness
> shine through. Startiong to manifest itself
> physically. He looks grouchy, fat and tired.
> NOBODY can produce beautiful music from that kind
> of spiritual address.

What about the appearance of Keith these days ???

Your splitting hairs if you think a fat, grouchy & tired person is worse than an old crusty-looking monkey who looks ridiculous wearing those silly singlet tops and open shirts which show how ugly his gut is !

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:47

Crap.I Know he isn't in great physical shape and drinks too much,but he can still play some blistering guitar solos.I saw him in York on his last tour and he was quite amazing.Studio wise check out his collaboration with Carla Olson particularly Winter.Its better than the original.

I still believe he will work with the Stones again.Maybe not live,but in the studio for sure.If Ronnie is out of the equation then I think he will welcomed back for studio stuff.Both Charlie and Mick are staunch Talyor admirers,even to this day.And who knows if Keef were out of the equation it might still apply.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 6, 2005 16:16

The 'has-beens', in terms of guitar-playing ability, are Mr Richards and without question (sadly), Mr Wood, (in a Stones' context).

Nor have I heard or read of Taylor being bitter.

In a public interview not long ago he appeared to have nothing but fond memories of the working with Richards "In the twilight zone", or some other similar expression - forget exactly which.

I advise you go see/hear Taylor play before making such jaundiced comments.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:50

mick taylor is a foot note the sooner people leave him in the past and find MT closure the better! plus its a sad day when bill wymans current band are better than MT's , i say put MT to bed and leave him there

OLDKR

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:55

yeah, right. Sticky Fingers and EOMS are mere footnotes in the Stones' catalogue, too, right?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 6, 2005 18:25

what TAYLOR played on 7 records in the golden era

LIB
Exile
GHS
IORR
Get Your Ya Ya's
Metamorphis

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 6, 2005 18:27

i was just going for the jugular with the hilites, OpenG...to suggest MT as a footnote is preposterous, imo....

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home