Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How many fan club tickets ? Perhaps the answer is here ?
Date: December 8, 2005 14:45

For the Bergen-concert there are 2500 tickets for the pre May 10th club-members. 1000 for the new members. All this according to Bergens Tidende - see [www.bt.no]

Well, this is in Norwegian, but the ticket-info is perhaps the most interesting. The article also claims that all these 3500 tickets will be sold for sure. It doesn't say however why the pre-sale has been postponed. The article is from December 2nd and claims that pre-sale will start December 6th....that's now two days ago. Can't find any more info on that site.

But 3500 tickets for a 20.000 venue ? That's 15% of all tickets....

Re: How many fan club tickets ? Perhaps the answer is here ?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 8, 2005 14:48

The 15% figure is believable, but the breakdown doesnt make sense

The vast majority of fan club members would hold platinum (ie 10/5/05 onwards) memberships. There surely cant be too many people left with pre-May 10th memberships - especially in Europe as I cant imagine too many people would have joined up in mid 2004 thinking there would be European shows within the next few months

Date: December 8, 2005 15:03

Another semi-interesting aspect: It is also claimed that the organizers will hold tickets till close to the concert. In order to combat scalping.

In Norwegian : "Mange billetter blir trolig holdt tilbake for å ødelegge svartebørssalget i tiden før konserten kommende sommer".

This is surely not a big surprise.

Also for the people spending a night or two in front of the places where tickets are sold : "They will be rewarded" - In Norwegian : "det skal lønne seg å stå fysisk i kø"

Guess it could be a good idea to join the fan-club for this ( small ) concert. Looks like a fast sell-out. And a difficult one to get the very last tickets for on the day.

Posted by: Larso ()
Date: December 8, 2005 15:30

JA, i følge flere kilder har jeg hørt det skal lønne seg å stå fysisk i kø siden et visst antall billetter allerede ligger klar i Grieghallen eller Losjen..siden jeg ikke bor i bergen lenger stiller min bror i kø søndag kveld/ tidlig mandag..tør ikke gamble på å få tak i billetter gjennom internett....

For sure i think the bergen concert will be sold out in no time...but i doubt it would be any use joining the fanclub now...the ticket sales opens on monday anyway...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home