Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 96
Re: Hackney Diamonds - Album Talk
Date: December 18, 2023 03:53

Bjorn
Where Keith is on his guitar 2023 doesnt say anything...And tuned lower? That´s a new one...cool smiley

You mean alternate tuning is a new one? For Keith?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2023 04:23

Palace Revolution 2000
Bjorn
Where Keith is on his guitar 2023 doesnt say anything...And tuned lower? That´s a new one...cool smiley

You mean alternate tuning is a new one? For Keith?

Alternate tuning generally means not standard. They're still in standard, just not 440.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 07:32

I was uploading my regular Japanese version of HD to my Jeep’s Hard drive today and inputting the song titles manually when I noticed that LIAGT isn’t listed on the back of the CD though it is on the disc. Is anyone else’s like this as well?? Weird to me because the bonus track is usually always listed.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: December 18, 2023 09:16

VoodooLounge13
I was uploading my regular Japanese version of HD to my Jeep’s Hard drive today and inputting the song titles manually when I noticed that LIAGT isn’t listed on the back of the CD though it is on the disc. Is anyone else’s like this as well?? Weird to me because the bonus track is usually always listed.

It's not listed on the back, neither on the digipak nor on the standard edition...only on the OBI - in Japanese

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2023 11:54

Bonus listed on last page of enclosed booklet ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 12:13

Redhotcarpet
The outro of this version of Tumblin Dice is their greatest since 1981 or 1975. Edit: possibly since 1973. Matt channeling Nicky Hopkins and Chantelle Haynes is p e r f e c t.b

Best version ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: December 18, 2023 12:57

Fantastic without Chucks horrible plink-plink. Tumbling Dice is really really good.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 18, 2023 14:00

VoodooLounge13

Same with the bonus edit version on the Sweet Sounds Of Heaven CD Single. They keep the bonuses secret this time. grinning smiley

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: December 18, 2023 14:26

I think that we will get soon a superdeluxe edition with Hackney Diamonds live edition + Living in a ghost town, Sweet sounds of heaven (edit version) and Mess it up (remix)

Date: December 18, 2023 14:36

wiredallnight
VoodooLounge13

Same with the bonus edit version on the Sweet Sounds Of Heaven CD Single. They keep the bonuses secret this time. grinning smiley

I didn't even notice that, but you're right! Wow. Very odd.

Date: December 18, 2023 14:37

Thanks all for confirming the non-existence of LIAGT on the back of the CD. Was hoping maybe I had something valuable! LOL Rather odd though, as the bonus tracks have been listed in the past.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 18, 2023 14:50

VoodooLounge13

Thanks all for confirming the non-existence of LIAGT on the back of the CD.

Pictures of the Japanese SHM-2CD - [www.Discogs.com] .

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 18, 2023 15:14

bobo
Fantastic without Chucks horrible plink-plink. Tumbling Dice is really really good.

Amen. The outro, the coda, is amazing. I love that Rutherford 1981 version and nothing beats -72 or -73, 1975 in LA is great thanks to Ollie but this 2023 coda is up there.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 18, 2023 15:16

goingmad
I think that we will get soon a superdeluxe edition with Hackney Diamonds live edition + Living in a ghost town, Sweet sounds of heaven (edit version) and Mess it up (remix)
Please do not provide ideas to their marketing department. Keep in mind that have a handful of unreleased tracks from the sessions for HD. They can add one bonus after another from that pile winking smiley.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 18, 2023 15:56

GasLightStreet
KeVvV2011
GasLightStreet
That's been a consistent piss me off forever. That live version is so much better than what's on GYYYO, the studio version and anything live since - superior Rolling Stones, the ultimate Stones in that particular performance period.

Here I was listening to the Racket release thinking JJF was cooking quite nicely, and then you post this. Makes me miss Charlie more than anything (and yeah, bizarre that they felt the need to tamper with it).

LOL they haven't played JJF worth a damn since 1970. Why they screwed up the 1969 version for GYYYO is unknown: it's assumptive to say they opted to make it sound like the single version with the choruses. He sang it that way for quite a few more tours/years, right (except 1972 and 1973), the last time being 1981-82, which was horrendous, until the blending in 1989, with no edge.

Maybe some day before we all die there will be a true GYYYO released ie no overdubs - absolutely live. And hopefully this version will be it because it's supreme to any other version of the song.

This is a great version, but Taylor is terribly out of tune. So for Ya Ya's they chose another great version with all guitars and bass in tune, and overdubbed the vocals as Jagger sang about a semi tone off on many gigs of the 1969 tour.

Mathijs

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 16:41

Redhotcarpet
The outro of this version of Tumblin Dice is their greatest since 1981 or 1975. Edit: possibly since 1973. Matt channeling Nicky Hopkins and Chantelle Haynes is p e r f e c t.b
Yeah, this is the track I keep returning to from this set. When the TD outro is performed well it's truly transcendental, and this is one of those instances. They stumble into it, but after that it really takes off.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 17:09

VoodooLounge13
Thanks all for confirming the non-existence of LIAGT on the back of the CD. Was hoping maybe I had something valuable! LOL Rather odd though, as the bonus tracks have been listed in the past.

I had the very same thought when it first arrived - where was LIAGT!^ Not on the track listing, but indeed there on the Obi. First time I have seen a bonus track not getting a mention on the CD track listing itself.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 18, 2023 17:36

ironbelly
goingmad
Please do not provide ideas to their marketing department. Keep in mind that have a handful of unreleased tracks from the sessions for HD. They can add one bonus after another from that pile winking smiley.

Wih no "b-side" so far, they seem to be saving them for another album in...2025, by which time Mick will decide they're "yesterday's news" and will want to work on more recent tunes ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 15:57 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 18, 2023 20:58

It happened before that the bonus track was not mentioned on the back cover.

I remember back in the day when I wasn't realy familiar with Japanese bonus tracks, I heard about a bonus track on the Exile on Main str special edition. So I ordered the digipack 2cd version. When I recieved it I didn't see the bonus track on the back cover and I thought that they send me a wrong version, but when I listened to the cd it had the extra song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-18 22:43 by GJV.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 18, 2023 21:51

Heading for Christmas number 1 album in the uk

[www.officialcharts.com]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 18, 2023 22:12

GJV
It happened before that the bonus track was not mentioned on the back cover.

I remember back in the day when I wasn't realy familiar with Japanese bonus tracks, I heard about a bonus track on the Excile on Mean str special edition. So I ordered the digipack 2cd version. When I recieved it I didn't see the bonus track on the back cover and I thought that they send me a wrong version, but when I listened to the cd it had the extra song.
Correct

And the same for Japanese deluxe of Some Girls in 2011

So Young (piano version) is not listed for bonus CD.

Guess, they were (and are) simply saving on artwork design.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 18, 2023 22:28

yorkshirestone

[www.officialcharts.com]

Absolutely awesome news...this baby's got legs!

what the hell is wrong with N.A.?!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2023 22:31

treaclefingers
yorkshirestone

[www.officialcharts.com]

Nikki Mange.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 18, 2023 23:57

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: December 19, 2023 00:03

Hackney Diamonds is back at No.1 on the mid-week UK Album Chart.

However it does not yet qualify as an official No.1 charting position. That is reserved for the full week chart released at 17.45 hours UK time every Friday. Nonetheless it is a very strong indication that it will indeed be at the chart summit this Friday. No doubt helped get there by the surge in sales created by the release of the 2xCD version with the live tracks from Racket in NYC.

However, HD certainly has had 'legs'chart-wise. Even before the release of the 2xCD version it had clocked up eight weeks in the UK album Top Ten. Yes I know that, for all its chart action, sales will be fairly small in comparison to the kinds of numbers once racked up by charting albums 'back in the old days'. My response is a big 'So what!' A charting album is a charting album. Two months plus at the top of the UK album chart is a heck of an accomplishment. And after SIXTY YEARS it is nothing short of astounding.

Way to go guys! Still the greatest Goddamn rock'n'roll band in the whole mother****ing world....

Date: December 19, 2023 00:56

Date: December 19, 2023 00:56

Japan 2cd

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 19, 2023 01:59

Europeans love the Stones. Stupid Americans do not.

But so what - there will be not world for any longer in 2025 - Trump and Putin will guarantee you that!

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-19 02:13 by Doxa.

Date: December 19, 2023 02:39

Doxa
Europeans love the Stones. Stupid Americans do not.

But so what - there will be not world for any longer in 2025 - Trump and Putin will guarantee you that!

- Doxa

Doxa! It may be the holiday season, but no drunk posting!

Date: December 19, 2023 02:41

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
yorkshirestone

[www.officialcharts.com]

Nikki Mange.

are you referring to Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home