Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 96
Re: Rolling Stone Magazine 11-2023 (German edition)
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 27, 2023 12:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-27 13:05 by Irix.

Re: Hackney Diamonds - Album Talk
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 27, 2023 13:53

Mick's suit has a good color.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-27 14:52 by 1962.

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: October 27, 2023 15:06

I won´t write a complex analysis.

At first listen, I thought: "A load of good songs!" Yes, HD is a bunch of brilliant half-singles.

But... now I realize what happened: HD leaves me with my head full of earworms. Get Close, Angry, Depending On You, Whole Wide World, Mess It Up, Driving Me Too Hard...

All those songs run continously through my mind. An experience, no other Stones album caused ever before.

Ok, maybe the choruses on HD are a bit poppy - but they do their job!!

Priest

Date: October 27, 2023 15:26

I can only listen to four tracks: the two singles (both very good), Keith's track (quite good), and the blues (which is not bad).

All the other crap is Mick's solo record-like garbage.

I don't understand why it was necessary to release an album.

Of course I know, because Mick wanted it and old Keith agreed for the sake of peace.

(And I haven't even mentioned the rhythm section yet. Oh my God! Charlie!)

There are two real Rolling Stones quality tracks, the two singles.

But the campaign was in true Rolling Stones style, I liked it.

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-27 15:57 by 1962.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: October 27, 2023 15:37

Any idea on the Billboard debut chart position?

Georgelicks?

-Undercover1

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 27, 2023 15:59

I can only listen to four tracks: the two singles (both very good), Keith's track (quite good), and the blues (which is not bad).

Of course I know, because Mick wanted it and old Keith agreed for the sake of peace.

But the campaign was in true Rolling Stones style, I liked it!

It is not that difficult to understand. Artists do that sometimes. It's a free world, and neither is neceesary for anyone to listen it.

- Doxa

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 27, 2023 16:14

Oh..I think it is necessary to listen to this one ...

... it's quite good don't you know.

Date: October 27, 2023 16:15

Doxa

It is not that difficult to understand. Artists do that sometimes. It's a free world, and neither is neceesary for anyone to listen it.

- Doxa

Of course, I just don't understand why unworthy content had to be added to the great Rolling Stones catalog.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-27 16:16 by 1962.

Date: October 27, 2023 16:18

Or maybe it's a part of aging.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2023 16:19

Doxa

- Doxa

Of course, I just don't understand why unworthy content had to be added to the great Rolling Stones catalog.

I actually feel sorry that you cannot enjoy this to the extent that most of us are able to. It's a hot album.

Date: October 27, 2023 16:21

Ok, that's just my opinion. I'll accept it if someone finds this equivalent to the quality of the Rolling Stones catalog.

Date: October 27, 2023 16:23

Sorry, I won't spoil the air any more.

I listen to those 3-4 tracks, especially the two singles, and enjoy them.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 27, 2023 16:30

#1 in France with 43,410 copies
[www.chartsinfrance.net]

Also #1 in Australia and #5 in Japan with 28,230 sales.

Date: October 27, 2023 16:31

Sorry, I won't spoil the air any more.

I listen to those 3-4 tracks, especially the two singles, and enjoy them.

Please don't take it as criticism...everyone's taste is different.

I'm just finding this almost shockingly good. True it isn't the same as the rest of the catalogue but that's where I find it's strength. Some of the songs have strayed into more 'pop' territory, but still sounds like the Stones.

It's like the Stones doing country or disco or reggae or pick-a-style. Always still sounds like them.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 27, 2023 16:45

27 October 2023

"The Rolling Stones with best album start in 2023 at number 1"

"Three years ago, The Rolling Stones achieved a record in the Official German Charts as the oldest artists ever to sit on the throne of the single hit list. Now the music legends have gone one better - and achieved several records at once with their new album: 'Hackney Diamonds' not only landed the most successful start of the year in Germany, the most successful start since Rammstein's 'Zeit' one and a half years ago and the strongest start by an international artist since ABBA's 'Voyage' two years ago, but also the best-selling vinyl in the launch week to date. What's more, the album marks Mick Jagger & Co.'s eleventh number one record overall."
- [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-27 17:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: October 27, 2023 16:52

Their new Rolling Stones studio album "Hackney Diamonds "is highly recommended. Unbelievable, in 1963 I witnessed rag and fish farmers with handcarts in Rotterdam. Vegetable and milk man with horse and cart. Nobody had a shower, water was made hot on gas stove, and that with cold water poured into a tub on a piece of plastic. There was no telephone, it was by post or telegram or Morse signals.
No fridge etc. In winter, coal or oil stove. Daily life and houses and streets were still pretty much the same as well before World War II. And then the Rolling Stones already existed. And now 60 years later a new album is truly grandiose, Gospel/Rock/Country/ Blues/Ballads. It's amazing what these 80-year-olds have accomplished with the new studio album. That I still get to experience this is a gift.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-27 17:03 by Idorh.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 27, 2023 17:00

While I do get the comparisons saying this is a Mick solo album, for me personally I don't really care for Mick's solo stuff but I love Hackney Diamonds. To my ears, this album was produced by a guy who is a fan of every era of the Stones career and all (or most) of those influences can be heard throughout Hackney Diamonds. I also get the complaints about the production style and can see why some wouldn't like it but I'm thankful that it suits my ears well. My only real complaint is the horrible mastering for most of the digital releases. The vinyl sounds so much better than the brickwalled stuff I've been able to stream. I've yet to hear the Atmos release.
This is a collection of songs, many of which get stuck in my head and I find myself singing randomly throughout the day. I'd never have expected this and am happy that I get to listen to new Stones tracks that I want to sing and dance to.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 27, 2023 17:07

Here's hoping the Stones get the cover of the US Rolling Stone, but I won't be surprised if they don't. I like Rolling Stone, but it's clear the US version is trying to focus on the younger crowd now.

I've been taking a break from HD for a few days, in anticipation for a little listening party tonight after I get my physical copies! Totally psyched.

Date: October 27, 2023 17:27

jahisnotdead
Here's hoping the Stones get the cover of the US Rolling Stone, but I won't be surprised if they don't. I like Rolling Stone, but it's clear the US version is trying to focus on the younger crowd now.

I've been taking a break from HD for a few days, in anticipation for a little listening party tonight after I get my physical copies! Totally psyched.

If they want to move physical copies of the magazine (and I have no idea if that's even their business model anymore), having them on the cover is guaranteed to move product. Look at all the physical copies of media we're willing to buy.

I haven't bought a copy of Rolling Stone in over 2 decades, but I would buy if they're on the cover now.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 27, 2023 17:41

Irix

"The Rolling Stones with best album start in 2023 at number 1"

"Three years ago, The Rolling Stones achieved a record in the Official German Charts as the oldest artists ever to sit on the throne of the single hit list. Now the music legends have gone one better - and achieved several records at once with their new album: 'Hackney Diamonds' not only landed the most successful start of the year in Germany, the most successful start since Rammstein's 'Zeit' one and a half years ago and the strongest start by an international artist since ABBA's 'Voyage' two years ago, but also the best-selling vinyl in the launch week to date. What's more, the album marks Mick Jagger & Co.'s eleventh number one record overall."
- [www.OffizielleCharts.de] .

smileys with beer

Date: October 27, 2023 17:42

georgelicks
[www.chartsinfrance.net]

smileys with beer

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 27, 2023 17:45

treaclefingers
jahisnotdead

If they want to move physical copies of the magazine (and I have no idea if that's even their business model anymore), having them on the cover is guaranteed to move product. Look at all the physical copies of media we're willing to buy.

I haven't bought a copy of Rolling Stone in over 2 decades, but I would buy if they're on the cover now.

I agree. I sure hope they make the US cover. Stones fans are definitely the better market for people buying physical media.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 27, 2023 17:45

Or maybe it's a part of aging.

Agreed. You are getting on.

Rod

Date: October 27, 2023 17:59

georgelicks
[www.chartsinfrance.net]

Hi GL!!
Do you think it can reach number 1 in the UK? Regarding the US, it would already be a great achievement to enter the top 5.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 27, 2023 18:09

And number 1 in Ireland

Date: October 27, 2023 18:13

Bashlets
And number 1 in Ireland

smileys with beer

Date: October 27, 2023 18:22

HardRiffin
georgelicks
[www.chartsinfrance.net]

Hi GL!!
Do you think it can reach number 1 in the UK? Regarding the US, it would already be a great achievement to enter the top 5.

The UK #1 is in the bag, it will be announced in an hour, over 70.000 units sold.

The US Top 10 will be out on Sunday with an early prediction tonight on Hits Daily Double.

Date: October 27, 2023 18:36

Won't be number 1 in Canada, as it's impossible to get a copy. Next to nothing out there. Just outrageous.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 27, 2023 18:43

Number 2 in Italian charts

Date: October 27, 2023 19:03

The Rolling Stones secure 14th Number 1 album with Hackney Diamonds

The Rolling Stones outsell the rest of the Top 5 to secure their landmark 14th Official Number 1 album with Hackney Diamonds this week.

Racking up 72,200 chart units in its first week, Hackney Diamonds enjoys the third biggest week of sales for an album of 2023 so far, behind Lewis Capaldi’s Broken by Desire to be Heavenly Sent, and Ed Sheeran’s -.

[www.officialcharts.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home