Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27
Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: October 23, 2023 07:00

lickskeith
Hey guys.

Dont know if if its been posted yet but a beautiful video from the Racket Club

Racket Club UJP

What a bass solo from Darryl on BMHO!
Great sound all around

Does it look like Mick is looking down at monitors, for lyrics, during some of the new songs, which of course is completely understandable.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 23, 2023 07:07

snorton

Does it look like Mick is looking down at monitors, for lyrics, during some of the new songs, which of course is completely understandable.

"Shattered" as well.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 23, 2023 07:51

Topi
snorton

"Shattered" as well.

i swear i've seen him do it when performing satisfaction too

can't imagine he forgets the lyrics

must just be the perfectionist in him making certain that he's not missing something

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: October 23, 2023 08:00

ProfessorWolf
Topi
snorton

"Shattered" as well.

must just be the perfectionist in him making certain that he's not missing something

Yes. I used to be an actor amd played more than 1000x on stage. Even after I played one piece more than 20 x, I kept my script at my place in the dressing room. I just had to know, it's at it's place. I didn't even have to look inside before we played. I just layed it on my table in front of the mirror.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: October 23, 2023 11:33

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Monday, October 23: Guests include Jacob Elordi, Julius Randle, comedian Leslie Liao and a special appearance by Mick Jagger. Show #1859

Tuesday, October 24: Guests include John Stamos, musical guest Tyla and a special appearance by Mick Jagger. Show #1860

[www.discusspw.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-23 11:37 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: October 23, 2023 12:25

Could there be a chance that Paul McCartney will play live with the song "Bite My Head Off" himself?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 23, 2023 14:35

Idorh
Could there be a chance that Paul McCartney will play live with the song "Bite My Head Off" himself?

As Macca in on tour in Australia, unlikely.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 23, 2023 14:39

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 23, 2023 17:12

micha063
ProfessorWolf
Topi
snorton

"Shattered" as well.

Yes. I used to be an actor amd played more than 1000x on stage. Even after I played one piece more than 20 x, I kept my script at my place in the dressing room. I just had to know, it's at it's place. I didn't even have to look inside before we played. I just layed it on my table in front of the mirror.

i sat side stage down low about 10 years ago and saw the teleprompter very clearly. It has all the lyrics, as well and stage instructions so he knows where to run to at the same moment for each song each night. It made me realize that it had become less of a concert and more of show!

Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 23, 2023 18:00

…And you think the party’s over.. but it’s only just begun..

The Stones just keep on rolling! Mick, Keith and Ronnie at Racket, NYC

Photo: Kevin Mazur

[twitter.com]

--

LARGE image

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 23, 2023 18:12

ProfessorWolf
almost the whole performance of angry

What exactly is Keith playing (except for the solo)?

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 23, 2023 20:04

Redhotcarpet
ProfessorWolf
almost the whole performance of angry

What exactly is Keith playing (except for the solo)?

Looks like he plays most of the chords and some of the riff. No weaving.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2023 21:09

ProfessorWolf
Topi
snorton

"Shattered" as well.

I am impressed that Mick do remember so many songs and lyrics still, at his age. Myself I don't really remember much,

They do not perform Shattered many times, so no wonder he do need a bit of screen backup.

Bjornulf

Date: October 23, 2023 21:31

My comment was not a slight on Mick, just an observation. I know he has used teleprompters for decades.

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: October 23, 2023 22:20

The Racket Club show compiled from available clips and shared by someone on the Shidoobee FB page. [www.youtube.com]

Stones in NYC week of October 16
Date: October 23, 2023 22:55

bye bye johnny
Producer Tony Visconti was invited to the Racket NYC private show. He didn't stick around long enough to see the show, though.

[m.facebook.com]

Questlove's response to Tony Visconti's complaint about his DJ set at Racket NYC:

Dog, the fact that I offended Tony Visconti in such a rock & roll fashion is prolly one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received in my 40 years as a professional musician.

I think I might cry because Rich woulda LOVED & laughed at this so hard. I’m really serious. This woulda been music to Rich’s ears

[www.instagram.com]

--

"Rich" is Richard Nichols, The Roots manager who passed away in 2014.

Date: October 23, 2023 23:05

rtr
The Racket Club show compiled from available clips and shared by someone on the Shidoobee FB page. [www.youtube.com]

Thanks rtr!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: October 23, 2023 23:29

Ronnie on back up vocals for Angry! When was the last time that's happened?

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 23, 2023 23:43

Massimo68

Monday, October 23: Guests include Jacob Elordi, Julius Randle, comedian Leslie Liao and a special appearance by Mick Jagger. Show #1859

Tuesday, October 24: Guests include John Stamos, musical guest Tyla and a special appearance by Mick Jagger. Show #1860

[www.discusspw.com]

I’m looking forward to seeing Mick on tv again tonight but I’m getting tired of having to watch Fallon’s goofy show so much tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 23, 2023 23:47

In Fallon's show, the guest, the attraction in his mind, it's him.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 24, 2023 00:27

bv
ProfessorWolf
Topi
snorton

"Shattered" as well.

I am impressed that Mick do remember so many songs and lyrics still, at his age. Myself I don't really remember much,

They do not perform Shattered many times, so no wonder he do need a bit of screen backup.

it's a good thing that mick wants to get the lyrics right onstage

i remember last year in berlin when he missed some lyrics in adtl and then immediately apologized onstage

clearly as a profesional getting the words right is important to him

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 24, 2023 04:53

rtr

This is great!
Thanks for posting.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: October 24, 2023 06:16

there are 2 full song videos on the YouTube channel www.Dreamtime.tv

Date: October 24, 2023 06:27

Dream! I have not seen you post here in a long time.

I hope all is well with you. 
quote=DREAMTIME]
there are 2 full song videos on the YouTube channel www.Dreamtime.tv[/quote]

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: October 24, 2023 11:22

Massimo68

[www.discusspw.com]

Has Mick been on the show last night? What was his special appearance?

N

Date: October 24, 2023 12:26

So DREAMTIME, let's hear the story. How did you get in?

Re: Stones in NYC
Date: October 24, 2023 14:01

bye bye johnny
Not on "The Tonight Show" website (yet), but the local cable guide shows "A special appearance by Mick Jagger" on Monday October 23 and Tuesday October 24.

[www.nbc.com]

Mick's appearance was teased in a tweet last week.

[twitter.com]

No "special appearance" on last night's show.

Re: Stones in NYC
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 24, 2023 16:13

bye bye johnny
bye bye johnny
Not on "The Tonight Show" website (yet), but the local cable guide shows "A special appearance by Mick Jagger" on Monday October 23 and Tuesday October 24.

[www.nbc.com]

Mick's appearance was teased in a tweet last week.

[twitter.com]

No "special appearance" on last night's show.

He’s going to be on tonight in a taped skit. Jagger and Fallon are stuck in an ice box where Jagger admits he once got “Satisfaction” back in 1992. It’s too bad he won’t be there in person…The band should have performed live on The Tonight Show.

Outraged Tony Visconti walks out of Rolling Stones gig - MusicRadar
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 24, 2023 13:08

[www.musicradar.com]

Outraged Tony Visconti walks out of Rolling Stones gig before the band plays, and it’s partly thanks to Questlove's DJ set

By Stuart Williams published about 12 hours ago
“I saw the Stones so many times back in the day with a better line up, even one gig with Brian Jones and Bill Wyman”, Visconti told his fans on social media

You might have heard, The Rolling Stones are back with new album, Hackney Diamonds. Last week, the veteran rockers put on a surprise gig at Manhattan’s Racket club which saw the band run through a short, seven-song set including three songs from their new album, and a guest slot from Lady Gaga.

However, while the thought of watching one of the biggest bands of all-time play in an intimate club setting at short notice is the stuff of serendipitous, ‘right place, right time’ dreams for most fans, esteemed producer Tony Visconti walked out of the gig before the Stones even played a note, and it’s partly down to The Roots’ drummer, Questlove.

Taking to Facebook, Visconti shared his account of the evening with a fairly sizeable list of gripes ranging from the late opening of the doors (forty minutes on a “cold windy night”), having his phone placed in a secure bag that was “impossible to open”, and having people screaming in his ears due to the “deafening” DJ set performed by Questlove. “One guy said he listens to my productions all the time” Visconti writes, “I was so testy by then I snapped back, ‘You should!’"

Things didn’t get any better, though. As Visconti’s patience dwindled by 21:30 (and Questlove’s wheels of steel got louder), Visconti asked “someone in charge” when the Stones would be starting. With no light able to be shed, Visconti and his date for the evening opted to go home.

“I thought, f**k it, I saw the Stones so many times back in the day with a better line up, even one gig with Brian Jones and Bill Wyman. We walked out. A security guard said we won't be able to reenter and I said, thank God.”

The producer goes on to say that he ended his night by watching 1948 horror-comedy movie, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein on Roku, adding “Now that was good!”

Of course, it wasn’t long before Questlove saw Visconti’s post and added his own reaction. Sharing screenshots of Visconti’s Facebook page to his own Instagram account, Questlove said “Dog, the fact that I offended Tony Visconti in such a rock & roll fashion is prolly one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received in my 40 years as a professional musician.”

He added that late Roots manager Rich Nichols — who passed away in 2014 after battling leukaemia — would have “LOVED & laughed at this so hard…this would have been music to Rich’s ears.

Hackney Diamonds is The Rolling Stones' first album since the passing of drummer Charlie Watts in 2021. Watts features on Mess It Up and Live By The Sword.

Longtime Keith Richards collaborator and influential session drummer/producer, Steve Jordan recorded the remaining 10 songs, and has played drums for The Rolling Stones since Watts’ passing. Watts reportedly telling his bandmates, "Steve Jordan's your man" should anything ever happen to him.

Hackney Diamonds by The Rolling Stones is out now.

Re: Outraged Tony Visconti walks out of Rolling Stones gig - MusicRadar
Date: October 24, 2023 13:14

More here (Questlove's reply as well): [iorr.org]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home