Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Opening acts Tour 2024
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2024 16:53

chris girard
I saw the Corrs years ago in DC, they were as good as the stones, got a standing ovation. I understand they are back together and touring in the UK, is that true.

Yes, I think they're opening for Shania Twain at BST Hyde Park this summer.

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: March 30, 2024 18:46

cool hope they come to US.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 31, 2024 23:00

Ronnie with The Coors live. Ruby Tuesday

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 6, 2024 08:10

Am surprised no news yet. We’re basically two weeks out and nada.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 6, 2024 10:30

VoodooLounge13

Am surprised no news yet.

For the 2019 US-Tour, the opening acts were announced on 5th June while tour start was 21st June.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 6, 2024 13:34

Stevie Wonder .And he could join them for Sweet Sound of Heaven .Then comeback for an encore of Uptite/Satisfaction

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: April 8, 2024 06:12

I'm going to opening night in Houston 3 weeks from tonight! Seems strange that no opening act has been announced yet. Any chance we could get The Black Pumas? They are touring, but off from April 19th through May 3rd...

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 8, 2024 06:30

TiminIndy
I'm going to opening night in Houston 3 weeks from tonight! Seems strange that no opening act has been announced yet. Any chance we could get The Black Pumas? They are touring, but off from April 19th through May 3rd...

I suppose anything is possible but it's being treated like an afterthought because it really is. We care about the novelty sake or if we are stuck in the pit holding a spot but otherwise no one really cares and few will drop $1500 on tickets just because Bebe Rexha is opening.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 8, 2024 14:57

Taylor1
Stevie Wonder .And he could join them for Sweet Sound of Heaven .Then comeback for an encore of Uptite/Satisfaction

OMG my head would explode. Absolutely awesome suggestion.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 8, 2024 16:12

Dan
flilflam
Lady Gaga would be my pick as an opening act. She did sing with the Stones on Sweet Sounds of Heaven. I am surprised no one has mentioned her name. She is truly a great singer, having performed duets with Tony Bennett. She could also join the band for at least one number, such as SSOH. She could easily hit the high notes on Gimme Shelter too.

No one mentioned her name because she is a stadium headliner in her own right.

The Stones have certainly had opening acts through the years that could be considered headliners in their own right. Bryan Adams and No Doubt are two I have seen at previous Atlanta shows. Many that others here have seen could also qualify.

I would love Lady Gaga to be the pick for the Atlanta show I'm going to this time.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 8, 2024 16:53

tonyc
Dan
flilflam
Lady Gaga would be my pick as an opening act. She did sing with the Stones on Sweet Sounds of Heaven. I am surprised no one has mentioned her name. She is truly a great singer, having performed duets with Tony Bennett. She could also join the band for at least one number, such as SSOH. She could easily hit the high notes on Gimme Shelter too.

No one mentioned her name because she is a stadium headliner in her own right.

The Stones have certainly had opening acts through the years that could be considered headliners in their own right. Bryan Adams and No Doubt are two I have seen at previous Atlanta shows. Many that others here have seen could also qualify.

I would love Lady Gaga to be the pick for the Atlanta show I'm going to this time.

Atlanta's own Mastodon (or RTJ), please!

Re: Opening acts
Posted by: ExileOnBroadSt ()
Date: April 8, 2024 17:29

John Mayer Trio opend for them on the Licks Tour in Philly. It was awesome.

Re: Opening acts
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 8, 2024 18:03

ExileOnBroadSt
John Mayer Trio opend for them on the Licks Tour in Philly. It was awesome.

It was The Bigger Bang tour not Licks

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 9, 2024 06:56

I remember Andrea Corr coming onstage for Wild Horses (I think) at one of the Point Depot gigs on the licks tour, possibly the first night.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 9, 2024 20:36

The band that I would suggest: Come.
(Originally formed in Boston.)

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: April 9, 2024 21:36

Like some others here, I'm a big Samantha Fish fan and think she'd be an ideal opening act for the Stones. I told her that two or three years ago (she's such a trouper, she'll sign your stuff and chat after every show). And she's a road warrior, has truly paid her dues... unlike American oligarch Thomas Tull who just writes a big check to jump the line and buy the Stones' stage -- over and over again -- out from under the acts that (1) are out there slaving away year in and year out (2) and actually have original music that deserves the exposure.

Edit: "trooper" -> "trouper". (IIRC she was never a state police officer.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 19:03 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 10, 2024 02:09

Paddy
I remember Andrea Corr coming onstage for Wild Horses (I think) at one of the Point Depot gigs on the licks tour, possibly the first night.

You're correct - she guested on 'Wild Horses'

The Corrs also opened a few dates on the US No Security tour in 1999. Pittsburgh & Philadelphia for sure.

Andrea also performed at the 'Ronnie Wood & Fiends' gig at Drury Lane in March 2005.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 10, 2024 02:14

flilflam

Probably because she's a megastar who can fill stadiums in her own right.

Can't imagine why she'd need the gig. Or why the Stones would pay that kind of money for an opening act.

The closer you get to the opening night without openers being named suggests it'll be the bloody Ghosthounds again, as they pay the Stones to be their support act.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 02:15 by Gazza.

Date: April 10, 2024 13:17

Gazza

The closer you get to the opening night without openers being named suggests it'll be the bloody Ghosthounds again, as they pay the Stones to be their support act.

Business to the utmost. smoking smiley

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: April 10, 2024 19:31

TheflyingDutchman
Gazza

After several months off, Ghosthounds have listed on their homepage a gig in Nashville on 4/25. Tuneup for Houston? eye rolling smiley

Date: April 10, 2024 19:35

jmd
TheflyingDutchman
Gazza

After several months off, Ghosthounds have listed on their homepage a gig in Nashville on 4/25. Tuneup for Houston? eye rolling smiley

I'll be sure to not go to that Nashville show. Wonder if they'll pay to play that one too. eye rolling smiley

From their website: Ghost Hounds has had plenty of time to refine their sound on the road, having supported legendary acts including The Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, Garth Brooks, Guns N Roses, and Bob Seger on tour.

Wonder how they pulled off playing for those legends. Haha!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-10 19:38 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 10, 2024 20:54

At least they aren't playing Jazzfest

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 11, 2024 00:18

Gary Clark Jr Houston

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 11, 2024 00:24

Lien
Gary Clark Jr Houston

[www.facebook.com]

Nice! Hope I’m that lucky in Atlanta.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: April 11, 2024 00:49

Lien
Gary Clark Jr Houston

[www.facebook.com]

Nice, I like him! He's opened for them before at one of the Stones shows I went to, looking forward to seeing him again.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: April 11, 2024 01:41

Thru and Thru
Lien
Gary Clark Jr Houston

[www.facebook.com]

Nice, I like him! He's opened for them before at one of the Stones shows I went to, looking forward to seeing him again.

Gillette 2019

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 11, 2024 01:52

daniel t
Thru and Thru
Lien
Gary Clark Jr Houston

[www.facebook.com]

Gillette 2019

He also played a few dates on the Zip Code tour, including the tour opener in San Diego in '15.

Looking forward to seeing him again.. thumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 11, 2024 02:43

He's good. I would consider myself lucky to get him for an opener.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 11, 2024 05:54

Samantha Fish would be a great opener.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: April 11, 2024 09:20

Gary Clark Jr. is awesome. I saw him last summer... 8th row.

(And there was a drunk couple 7th row, other side. The guy was stupid and noisey, "Gary" this and "Gary" that, like they were pals and the concert was all for him. Clark didn't put up with him for long. "HEY. Don't be yelling at me all night. Motherf*cker." To laughter, applause, and gratitude from the rest of us.)

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1672
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home