Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: gcarneiro ()
Date: October 6, 2023 15:39

I'd like to join in and say that I'm only 26 and a Stones fan for some 12 or 13 years or something, haha. But yeah, regarding The Stones and younger fans, they're there but it's not enough, it seems. I don't know if someone has done the math, or you know, has a larger perception regarding the share that goes to the shows or streaming numbers, well, not everyone has got the money or the opportunity to go to the shows and not everyone has a streaming habit [I myself don't have it, unless we're counting YouTube] but still, it'd be an interesting exercise.

I feel a younger crowd is more about Led Zeppelin, maybe Queen, even Pink Floyd, from what I hear, things like that, where the mythology of it is there in biopics and whatever else is out there. The fact that they're dead and gone for a million years helps in the mythmaking department as opposed to the reality of old grandpas rocking out. Which is, of course, cool and unbelievable in itself but a different kind of cool.

We'll see if and when the band's over, if that makes a difference.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-06 15:49 by gcarneiro.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 6, 2023 15:42

gcarneiro
I'd like to join in and say that I'm only 26, haha. But yeah, regarding The Stones and younger fans, they're there but it's not enough, it seems. I don't know if someone has done the math, or you know, has a larger perception regarding the share that goes to the shows or streaming numbers, well, not everyone has got the money or the opportunity to go to the shows and not everyone has a streaming habit [I myself don't have it, unless we're counting YouTube] but still, it'd be an interesting exercise.

I feel a younger crowd is more about Led Zeppelin, maybe Queen, even Pink Floyd, from what I hear, things like that, where the mythology of it is there in biopics and whatever else is out there. The fact that they're dead and gone for a million years helps in the mythmaking department as opposed to the reality of old grandpas rocking out. Which is, of course, cool and unbelievable in itself but a different kind of cool.

Not surprised to hear you say that about Zeppelin, Floyd, and Queen. That has always been the case.

Stones are for connoisseurs, then as now.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 6, 2023 20:30

Any news about chart position in UK?!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 6, 2023 21:05

mailexile67
Any news about chart position in UK?!

Missed it. Fleetwood Mac is on it though!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 6, 2023 21:50

Just like I said yesterday, the song would have a lot of difficulty staying in the Top 100 by the end of the week and there it is, without streaming and without physical copies it is impossible.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 6, 2023 22:16

georgelicks
Just like I said yesterday, the song would have a lot of difficulty staying in the Top 100 by the end of the week and there it is, without streaming and without physical copies it is impossible.

yes

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 6, 2023 23:17

MelBelli
gcarneiro
I'd like to join in and say that I'm only 26, haha. But yeah, regarding The Stones and younger fans, they're there but it's not enough, it seems. I don't know if someone has done the math, or you know, has a larger perception regarding the share that goes to the shows or streaming numbers, well, not everyone has got the money or the opportunity to go to the shows and not everyone has a streaming habit [I myself don't have it, unless we're counting YouTube] but still, it'd be an interesting exercise.

Not surprised to hear you say that about Zeppelin, Floyd, and Queen. That has always been the case.

Stones are for connoisseurs, then as now.

You can add AC/DC to this list.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 6, 2023 23:27

I'm liking the shorter version more than the longer one. I know I'm in the minority here. Gaga is getting to bug me more. Maybe I'm just an old dude, but. . .

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 6, 2023 23:33

powerage78
You can add AC/DC to this list.

AC/DC is for connoisseurs? I very much enjoyed them when I was around 12-14 years old, but quickly outgrew them, along with Kiss and a few other similar bands.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 7, 2023 00:37

I like the song, but it misses a Taylor-like guitar part...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 7, 2023 06:39

downagain
When I first asked my google machine to play SSOH it would play me the single version. Now it plays the extended. Does anyone know how this is determined?

The google machine knows all. Why not ask this of the google machine?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 7, 2023 08:42

The Joker

No it doesn’t. The licks that Keith and Ronnie play perfectly complement all the other stellar parts of the song. NOTHING takes away from the others. Gaga perfect foil to a Mick, Keith to Ronnie, drums to bass, “horns” to Stevie. It’s perfect as is. Nothing NEEDS to stand out.

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 7, 2023 09:15

Mick is the one who stands out .... stunning vocal work ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 7, 2023 10:44

The Joker

Or just a standout guitar part like say...Saint of Me. They should have asked Waddy to pop in again!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 7, 2023 11:04

In New Zealand it's #23 on the hot singles chart

[nztop40.co.nz]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 7, 2023 14:09

NilsHolgersson

In the Netherlands, Sweet Sounds of Heaven entered at #27 in the tipparade.

Is this the main singles chart in the Netherlands, though? I mean, the one that incorporates both physical copies and streaming? I ask, as the sing only charted at a lowly #86 on the Top 100 chart.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 7, 2023 17:19

dkwalika
I'm liking the shorter version more than the longer one. I know I'm in the minority here. Gaga is getting to bug me more. Maybe I'm just an old dude, but. . .

Unsure (as I only listened twice) ...Other than being edited to be shorter, is the shorter version different in any other way?

Re: Sweet Sounds of Heaven - Track Talk
Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 7, 2023 18:42

I'm not understanding why people are saying it needs a Taylor like guitar solo. It's guitar work and interplay bewtween Keith, Ronnie and Mick I guess plays on it as well is excellent and understated. I quote Charlie and say less is more. This is a really good song the way it is it does not need anything else. Gaga even works for me.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 7, 2023 19:06

powerage78
As rightly pointed out here, the Stones' fan base is aging and hasn't really renewed itself.

Everyone is aging. There is no way around it. The cool feature: it is not a bad thing. And actually I saw sooooo many young people at least at all the Stones gig I attended at their last tour.

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: October 8, 2023 07:10

Any idea who the other people in this photo are?

[flic.kr]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-08 07:19 by rbarnes00.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 8, 2023 07:58

Song blows me the @#$%& away!

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: October 8, 2023 08:33

rbarnes00

[flic.kr]

The person on Keith's left appears to be playing a bass guitar so possibly Andrew Watt, the other two are pretty difficult to see let alone identify.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: October 8, 2023 10:08

rbarnes00

[flic.kr]

The dude on the right, next to Lady Gaga, isn’t that Stevie?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2023 10:15

rbarnes00

You can compare it here if it's Stevie Wonder behind the Moog - Video - (Pos. 2:10).

Date: October 8, 2023 13:53

Irix
rbarnes00

You can compare it here if it's Stevie Wonder behind the Moog - Video - (Pos. 2:10).

On the left are Keith and Andrew, on the right Gaga and Mick. In the center it could be Stevie Wonder and Steve Jordan, but that huge hairstyle fits to neither of them. The only one credited for keys is Matt Clifford. But that doesnt look like him either.

Here are the liner notes:
Written by Mick Jagger. / Keith Richards Featuring Lady Gaga on Vocals & Stevie Wonder on Piano./ Rhodés / Moog,
Steve Jordan: Drums. Matt Clifford; B3 Organ. Andrew Watt: Bass / Backing vocals
James King: Saxophone. Ron Blake: Trumpet
Produced by Andrew Watt

Date: October 8, 2023 13:54

Saw this on: [www.facebook.com]

And the original poster is Irix who saw it on the RS IG story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-10 15:53 by schwonek.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 8, 2023 14:48

northof49
rbarnes00

[flic.kr]

The person on Keith's left appears to be playing a bass guitar so possibly Andrew Watt, the other two are pretty difficult to see let alone identify.

Based on Lady Gaga post and guessing: Andrew Watt on the bass, Stevie Wonder and Matt Clifford buried behind the keys

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 8, 2023 14:57

schwonek
Irix
rbarnes00

On the left are Keith and Andrew, on the right Gaga and Mick. In the center it could be Stevie Wonder and Steve Jordan, but that huge hairstyle fits to neither of them. The only one credited for keys is Matt Clifford. But that doesnt look like him either.

Here are the liner notes:
Written by Mick Jagger. / Keith Richards Featuring Lady Gaga on Vocals & Stevie Wonder on Piano./ Rhodés / Moog,
Steve Jordan: Drums. Matt Clifford; B3 Organ. Andrew Watt: Bass / Backing vocals
James King: Saxophone. Ron Blake: Trumpet
Produced by Andrew Watt

That guy on bass looks much older than Andrew Watt. My guess is Will Lee.
And the guy in the middle with the big hairdo could be Don Was on a visit in the studio.

Edit: on a closer look, the bass player does not have 'old' grey hair, so it might be Watt after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-08 14:59 by The Worst..

Date: October 8, 2023 15:10

schwonek

Saw this on: [www.facebook.com]

Saw this here - [iorr.org] winking smiley

Date: October 8, 2023 15:20

The Worst.

Edit: on a closer look, the bass player does not have 'old' grey hair, so it might be Watt after all.

Pictures of Andrew Watt - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Don Was in Henson Recording Studios, early November 2022 - [iorr.org] .

Must be Stevie Wonder in the Video link above since you can see this 'stripe' on his beret hat (above the headphones) - [iorr.org] . And then there's his typical shaking of the head when playing piano/keyboard.

Keith Richards credited playing Bass on SSOH - [iorr.org] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.YouTube.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-08 16:55 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 24 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home