Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: October 3, 2023 21:02

Wonderful with new stuff...don't let the starved critics skew your judgement!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 3, 2023 21:10

caschimann
Many of the chief-analysts here praise the so "golden years" 68-72.
Funny fact is: In this era between "BB" and "Exile" nobody like them was there. Nobody as a kind of critic-fan was existent.
It was all about staying peaceful, easy and cool and open! and tolerant and let it flow and go.
Because people were like that in that time music could evolve in the way it did.
Minds wide open. Wide.
Totally unimaginable in those years that people DISCUSS a song. ANALYSE it note by note. Blaming artist for doing something with the 3rd string of their Telecaster in minute 3:02. Writing about a Stones song like they ordered a meal at delivery service and picking through every bit of it.
People like that weren't there. A posture a attitude like that wasn't there.
It was not in the music communities not in the fan-band relationships inspiring each other and producing the masterpieces we all have in our hearts forever.
And the most funny fact is: The super-critics are here now. But they still doesn't belong to the inner circle of band & music lovers making great tunes possible.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 3, 2023 22:20

When i was a teenager music couldn't have been more tribal and disagreeable, peace and love and the hippy generation was long gone late 70s you had Mods and Rockers and skinheads fighting on the beaches because they identified with different music and fashion, then you had Punk come along, then New Wave all at opposites with each other, gang fights the lot, so today's music scene is pretty laid back and un critical in comparison.

Back then it was about attitude and identity, the music industry today irradicated all that by dictating and manipulating the industry, people were definitely more passionate about music in those days, you could get a heavy beating by putting the wrong song on the Jukebox.

I'm sure many of you remember those times, makes me laugh now when posters go all snowflake because you dare criticise the Stones, but look at them in 78' with Some Girls trying to go all Punk and Disco, same on Emotional Rescue, Stones have always been open to criticism, they can handle it, it's their elder now woke fan's that can't handle anything or anyone with attitude, but hey, isn't that what the Stones were all about in the first place with Get Off Of My Cloud, Satisfaction etc.
Times have changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-03 22:37 by keefriffhards.

Date: October 3, 2023 22:37

How the times change, was more tribal back then, none of the internet experts making their views public. Better or worse ?

Date: October 3, 2023 23:20

skytrench
How the times change, was more tribal back then, none of the internet experts making their views public. Better or worse ?

Less beatings on the Internet. winking smiley

But in all seriousness would people throw insults like they do online because they don't agree with what you say if they couldn't hide behind a user name.
In the real world if someone spoke to me like they do on here they'd better be able to back it up with something.

Face to face would people be so insulting, i don't think so, but like my teenage years in the 70s the powers that be were never going to allow the peace and love and oneness of the 60s to last, divide and conquer is the way to keep the masses against each other, and now with the Internet they can divide everyone, I'm sure if I ever bumped into any of you guys I'd buy you a drink and we would have a laugh, that's how people behave in the real world if you let them, so yes it's worse now.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 4, 2023 04:35

keefriffhards
skytrench

Less beatings on the Internet. winking smiley

But in all seriousness would people throw insults like they do online because they don't agree with what you say if they couldn't hide behind a user name.
In the real world if someone spoke to me like they do on here they'd better be able to back it up with something.

Face to face would people be so insulting, i don't think so, but like my teenage years in the 70s the powers that be were never going to allow the peace and love and oneness of the 60s to last, divide and conquer is the way to keep the masses against each other, and now with the Internet they can divide everyone, I'm sure if I ever bumped into any of you guys I'd buy you a drink and we would have a laugh, that's how people behave in the real world if you let them, so yes it's worse now.

From Saulus to Paulus in a couple of days of absence here... Or, let's say, another act in your endless "Victimize Yourself"-drama... There's a difference between expressing opinions or criticizing this or that and constant campaigning against a certain band member. It's the latter that goes on the nerves of a lot of users here, but I'm sure you know that, it may even bring you pleasure. So just be grateful that people are still tolerant enough to endure your presence here and don't push the "Report This Message/User"-button. What a peaceful community here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 04:51 by retired_dog.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 4, 2023 06:28

JadedFaded
I too look forward very much to hearing this song live next year. But, while I enjoy Sasha, I don’t think she can hit such high notes like Gaga did.

I don’t think Sasha can hit those high notes that Lady Gaga did. She doesn’t have the range. So I’m not sure how the song will be handled live. But I very much want to hear it played live.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 4, 2023 06:32

Wuudy
powerage78
Lady Gaga contribution to this track is essential.
It's hard to imagine a live version without her presence, when everyone will remember the studio version. Not to mention her missing stage presence...
Frankly, and no offense to anyone, how are they going to perform this without Lady Gaga live?

As for Stevie Wonder, I'm already dreading Chuck Leavell's intervention.

I reckon we thought the same of Gimme Shelter. How would that work live without Mary Clayton. I love the the '72/'73 version without female vocals and of course Lisa Fischer did an amazing job that I never heard anyone top. Paradiso 1995 is just from another world.

I forgive Lady Gaga for saying Mary Clayton, but no one on this site should get that wrong. It’s Merry Clayton.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 4, 2023 12:26

JadedFaded
Wuudy
powerage78
It's hard to imagine a live version without her presence, when everyone will remember the studio version. Not to mention her missing stage presence...
Frankly, and no offense to anyone, how are they going to perform this without Lady Gaga live?

As for Stevie Wonder, I'm already dreading Chuck Leavell's intervention.

I reckon we thought the same of Gimme Shelter. How would that work live without Mary Clayton. I love the the '72/'73 version without female vocals and of course Lisa Fischer did an amazing job that I never heard anyone top. Paradiso 1995 is just from another world.

I forgive Lady Gaga for saying Mary Clayton, but no one on this site should get that wrong. It’s Merry Clayton.

Well if Lady Gaga “said” Mary Clayton or Merry Clayton, we’ll not sure about what she said, do we? Only if she “wrote” Mary Clayton we know. Now it is probably written down by someone else, isn’t it? smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 4, 2023 13:51

Christiaan

Well if Lady Gaga “said” Mary Clayton or Merry Clayton, we’ll not sure about what she said, do we? Only if she “wrote” Mary Clayton we know.

Here you can read what Lady Gaga wrote - [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: October 4, 2023 13:59

The Worst.
Justin Hawkins (from the Darkness, who opened a few shows for the Stones in 2003) goes through the song and chords here:

I really have enjoyed discovering Justin Hawkins rides again. A real music nerd in the best possible way. But very affable, likeable and genuine and love his enthusiasm and analysis of songs.

Seems like a good guy

Date: October 4, 2023 14:39

Irix
Christiaan

Well if Lady Gaga “said” Mary Clayton or Merry Clayton, we’ll not sure about what she said, do we? Only if she “wrote” Mary Clayton we know.

Here you can read what Lady Gaga wrote - [www.Instagram.com] .

Or, more likely, her PR-person?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 4, 2023 15:12

Keefriffhards...look in the mirror dude.....you ARE IORR'S BIGGEST SNOWFLAKE

Date: October 4, 2023 16:10

DandelionPowderman

Or the spellchecker?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 4, 2023 16:33

Irix
DandelionPowderman

Or the spellchecker?

There're all kinds of possibilities...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 16:54 by Topi.

Date: October 4, 2023 16:45

Topi

But one thing is very clear: it wasn't Lady Gaga herself .... winking smiley

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: October 4, 2023 16:46

StonedRambler
HardRiffin
Wuudy
powerage78

thumbs up

And we even thought Lisa Fischer was irreplaceable. But the song still works extremely well with Sasha on vocals. Also the Chanel version last year was amazing.

So I think the song will not fail live due to the female singer.

Sasha??? nah not even in the same world.

Chanel? she did a great job and LOVE to see her replace Sasha as lineup change isn't a bad idea here.

Sasha imo has no soouuull when it comes to many of these songs and I cannot feel anything other than snippets of that from her. And Im usually on Keiths side pit next to ramp watching up close and personal. Just my opinion of course.

Even Miami 2019 which ended in rain got her all these rave reviews but except for a few lines that worked out with good pictures taken weren't all that if you actually listen closely. She has a hard time selling herself which for whatever reason has come so natural from Lisa since first I saw her 89?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 4, 2023 16:53

Irix
Topi

But one thing is very clear: it wasn't Lady Gaga herself .... winking smiley

Now here're some words of wisdom.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2023 16:55

retired_dog
caschimann
My IORR is back! With this song we have a comeback a huge strong comeback of the positive power of this board. The enormous majority of unfrustrated, glass is half full, true believers in the fact that you can progress on and on if you let yourself go - they are here. And in fact, they never left, they just didn‘t take part in all those meantime threads about Mick‘s knee or which key Keith played on his third solo gig. But the matter of a new song, a pearl like this one, released them all. The real IORR army is present again. And it feels good. Don‘t mind the few Waldorf & Stadlers here. They simply belong to the show. Our show. And like the Stones we deliver a great one since Angry and Sweet Sounds came out.

Yeah, so right. If only because it adds to our amusement watching them ridiculing themselves over and over again!

Well and it allows others to ridicule them as well. It's entertainment and should be viewed as such!

Date: October 4, 2023 19:24

A jester, court jester, fool or joker was a member of the household of a nobleman or a monarch employed to entertain guests during royal court.

Jester's privilege is the ability and right of a jester to talk and mock freely without being punished. As an acknowledgement of this right, the court jester had symbols denoting their status and protection under the law.

Date: October 4, 2023 20:34

skytrench
A jester, court jester, fool or joker was a member of the household of a nobleman or a monarch employed to entertain guests during royal court.

Jester's privilege is the ability and right of a jester to talk and mock freely without being punished. As an acknowledgement of this right, the court jester had symbols denoting their status and protection under the law.

In literature, the jester is symbolic of common sense and of honesty, notably in King Lear, where the court jester is a character used for insight and advice on the part of the monarch, taking advantage of his licence to mock and speak freely to dispense frank observations and highlight the folly of his monarch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 21:05 by keefriffhards.

Date: October 4, 2023 21:31

Aren't we all jesters on the forums...sharing our frank opinions, making jokes or mocking/ridiculing others? As I get older, I get more restrained and hold it inside, not wanting to offend, but that's rather boring isn't it ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 4, 2023 22:10

Me ..... No foolin' around ..... I've completely straight ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 4, 2023 22:37

chevysales
StonedRambler
HardRiffin
Wuudy
powerage78

thumbs up

And we even thought Lisa Fischer was irreplaceable. But the song still works extremely well with Sasha on vocals. Also the Chanel version last year was amazing.

So I think the song will not fail live due to the female singer.

Sasha??? nah not even in the same world.

Chanel? she did a great job and LOVE to see her replace Sasha as lineup change isn't a bad idea here.

Sasha imo has no soouuull when it comes to many of these songs and I cannot feel anything other than snippets of that from her. And Im usually on Keiths side pit next to ramp watching up close and personal. Just my opinion of course.

Even Miami 2019 which ended in rain got her all these rave reviews but except for a few lines that worked out with good pictures taken weren't all that if you actually listen closely. She has a hard time selling herself which for whatever reason has come so natural from Lisa since first I saw her 89?

I like Sasha, she has that raspiness in her voice that adds to the emotions on Gimme Shelter. Also she was VERY enthusiastic on doing Gimme Shelter during recent tour. Of course taste is different but you gotta respect her for giving it all. I personally believe she will do a great job on Sweet Sound of Heaven, especially with that raspiness she has in her voice

Date: October 4, 2023 22:57

skytrench
Aren't we all jesters on the forums...sharing our frank opinions, making jokes or mocking/ridiculing others? As I get older, I get more restrained and hold it inside, not wanting to offend, but that's rather boring isn't it ?

When i grow up I'll let you know pal.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 5, 2023 06:29

Lady Gaga said she sang in a way she could only do with Mick Jagger!
Maybe she will join them for a few shows!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 5, 2023 17:14

What position in UK charts?!Better than "Angry"...Top 30?!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 5, 2023 17:22

mailexile67

We'll know by the end of the week.

Personally, I don't think it'll chart as highly as Angry. It's certainly the better song, though.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 5, 2023 17:31

mailexile67

No way, low streaming and no physical sales, it was at #57 on Monday's Midweek, it will struggle to remain at Top 100 on tomorrow's chart.

Date: October 5, 2023 17:36

Fewer than half a million views on either of the YouTube 'videos' - I'm flummoxed as to why they didnt put out a studio-based video in full rather than that little snippet we got. We just get that dull hand and raindrops. I love it but its impact has not been broad. `maybe it's deep...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home