Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 30, 2023 13:34

Maumau - I love Crosseyed Heart. I just didn´t put that in to the equaszionh. smiling smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 30, 2023 14:07

emotionalbarbecue
¡CON DOS COJONES! ¡ESOS ROLLING!

WONDERFUL SONG!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 14:16

Well... Let me just say this. I have not bought any new Stones albums since Bigger Bang, but after hearing this track, I will definitely be buying the new one. grinning smiley

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 14:21

Cristiano Radtke
The last time I felt amazed by hearing a new Stones song to the point of playing it on repeat was when "Plundered my Soul" was released (although it was not technically a "new" song). This time they've done it again, only better.

Knowing that the album has a "anger" theme, as said by Mick, and its artwork refers to "relationships and harsh elements", this song fits perfectly near the end of the record. I predict a emotional rollercoaster hearing it in the order of the album, with "Rolling Stone Blues" closing it perfectly.

Spot on!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 30, 2023 14:29

maumau
Mick is the driving force, undisputed. But unfair to forget that in between Infamy and HD Keith (with the strong help and motivation of SJ) has put out a great and soulfull solo album.

And, talking about Stax soul heritage in the Stones camp, while Mick's LIND is my fav on ABB, nothing compares lately with Keith's Lover's plea on CHH

Just A Gift, Heart Stopper and Suspicious from Crosseyed Heart show Keith well and truly in the driving seat, the whole album shows Keith completely killing it, we have hundreds of pages on iorr somewhere as a testament to the fact.
Keith just doesn't get a look in with Mick but he's shown to be dynamic when working with other artists live and in the studio.
Hopefully Keith's a driving force on the new album, it's not over until its over.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 30, 2023 14:58

ErwinH
I love the Stones....
But I really didn't expect they would bring tears in my eyes because of a new song...

They did it again...
incredible

You are absolutely right

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 15:03

MisterO
Definitely like it a lot. But I do miss the days when we couldn't look up the lyrics. Trying to figure out what Mick said and getting other peoples interpretations was part of the fun!

I reckon the final minute or so of the > 7 minute version of SSoH are like much of Exile, in that Mick’s vocals DO get a bit buried as the guitars, keys, drums and horns all swell up to the final climax. It IS a bit harder to decipher his vocals there, if NOT reading the lyrics on, say, the YouTube video.

I just find that final 3 minutes (including the minute before the breakdown/resumption) to be bloody exquisite. Props to Watt, he knows his Stones, and he bought it out for this 3 minutes especially.

Rod

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 15:34

Great song. Good times. Look forward to the album's release.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 16:15

gotdablouse
TheBlockbuster
Taylor1
This song blows away anything on a Bigger Bang

I'll take Laugh I Nearly Died any day over this one. More genuine and less bombastic. smileys with beer

Love LIND too, and who here doesn't, and I probably prefer the terrific "early version" on FFSO (the guitars front/left/center and not just an "afterthought", Mick going mad and wild) too but you've got to acknowledge that SSOH has a lot more "mainstream" appeal, just look at all the raving reviews. It's a mix of things, the lyrics, the guests, the bombastic chord changes (much more subtle in LIND), the use of a familiar "Stax" structure, etc...but at the end of the day it's "popular" music and it's great for die-hards to see "their" band getting back into the limelight.

FFSO?

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 16:38

rattler2004
gotdablouse
TheBlockbuster
Taylor1

I'll take Laugh I Nearly Died any day over this one. More genuine and less bombastic. smileys with beer

Love LIND too, and who here doesn't, and I probably prefer the terrific "early version" on FFSO (the guitars front/left/center and not just an "afterthought", Mick going mad and wild) too but you've got to acknowledge that SSOH has a lot more "mainstream" appeal, just look at all the raving reviews. It's a mix of things, the lyrics, the guests, the bombastic chord changes (much more subtle in LIND), the use of a familiar "Stax" structure, etc...but at the end of the day it's "popular" music and it's great for die-hards to see "their" band getting back into the limelight.

FFSO?

Fully Finished outtakes boot

Rod

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2023 17:04

sf37
Irix
sf37

Is there an official Stones video for this song?

It's on the official Rolling Stones YouTube channel :

[www.YouTube.com]

Thank you, Irix!

That coda just gets me everytime. Phenomenal.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: September 30, 2023 17:16

Love, love, love, love, love this song!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 30, 2023 18:19

Love the song. Hate the mastering! From the beginning there is distortion and the last minute or so is just a distorted mess. It sounds way better without headphones. I’m disappointed because I thought Angry sounded way better than anything on A Bigger Bang or Blue & Lonesome. Even the distortion on Out Of Our Heads 58 yrs ago wasn’t this bad. It makes you wonder if they actually listened to the finished master! I’m happy for new music but I can’t believe only one other person has commented on this.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 30, 2023 18:21

donvis
Love the song. Hate the mastering! From the beginning there is distortion and the last minute or so is just a distorted mess. It sounds way better without headphones. I’m disappointed because I thought Angry sounded way better than anything on A Bigger Bang or Blue & Lonesome. Even the distortion on Out Of Our Heads 58 yrs ago wasn’t this bad. It makes you wonder if they actually listened to the finished master! I’m happy for new music but I can’t believe only one other person has commented on this.

Maybe check the where you are streaming from? The Apple Dolby Atmos / Lossless version sound excellent over AirPlay or the AirPods. It gets busy towards the final jam but no distortion whatsoever.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: September 30, 2023 18:22

WOW-- F----- FABULOUS !

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 18:25

bitusa2012
rattler2004
gotdablouse
TheBlockbuster
Taylor1

FFSO?

Fully Finished outtakes boot

Thanks.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: September 30, 2023 18:35

I am not streaming it. I’m listening to a CD made from iTunes. With Shure headphones. Angry was fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-30 18:39 by donvis.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 30, 2023 18:35

donvis

Love the song. Hate the mastering!

SSOH dynamic range is DR5 according to [www.ProStudioMasters.com] .

Date: September 30, 2023 18:45

And Keith 2005..."We gotta have Sweet Neo on there, and Infamy...because I play on those...and sing a little...like the two-chord Thief in the night" Mick´s sighing....Thank GOD that´s over!

Posted by: stratoskier ()
Date: September 30, 2023 19:07

Irix
donvis

It sounds awesome in this clip. Maybe the Youtube format alters the sound somehow?

Date: September 30, 2023 19:12

stratoskier
Irix
donvis

It sounds awesome in this clip. Maybe the Youtube format alters the sound somehow?
Again, my version is from iTunes.

Date: September 30, 2023 19:53

WoW!

Date: September 30, 2023 19:55

donvis
stratoskier
Irix
donvis

Again, my version is from iTunes.
I think I fixed the problem by deleting my original downloads and re-downloading them. Now it sounds perfect. Sorry for my original post.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 30, 2023 20:05

keefriffhards
bobo
keefriffhards
Retired_dog,
did you not like the 60s and 70s when Mick and Keith did harmonies and backing vocals together in the studio and live performances, does it not still work today live on the odd occasion they play Ruby Tuesday, Memory Motel etc. I wonder did Keith relegate himself from Studio and live harmonies etc.
Sure Keith does get the odd oppertunity but not so much, just a pity as his voice meshes well with Micks,
Keith's voice might have been a welcome addition higher in the mix on SSOH.

But Micks voice is still almost as it always have been, Keiths not so much. They won’t mesh like the 60s or 70s anymore.

Don't agree, plenty of examples all over youtube where Keith's voice has got better over the years, have you heard Keith and Nora Jones Love Hurts.
Keith and Mick sound great live to this day on songs mentioned above.
Mick's voice is actually manufactured in the studio, he doesn't sound anything like the same live.
Hoping Keith's got a couple good ones on the new album.
It's exciting because i really didn't expect anything like the first two singles, absolutely brilliant, such a creative period for Mick in particular.

Absolute rubbish. How does one actually "manufacture a voice in the studio" anyway?

I can only repeat what I already wrote in my earlier reply to you:

"...so far, it looks like what the band achieved with HD is a lot more than we could have possibly hoped for after all these years. Just show some respect, stop bickering about the same band member every time you post and if you can't get over the fact that Mick Jagger is the lead singer of the Rolling Stones, then this band is probably not for you and you'd be better off sticking with the Winos instead."

Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: September 30, 2023 20:06

Blood Records Zoetrope just dropped
£29.99
blood-records. Co . Uk

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 30, 2023 20:55

biggzee

Blood Records Zoetrope just dropped 10,000

Zoetrope Edition, see here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 30, 2023 21:04

keefriffhards
Mick's voice is actually manufactured in the studio, he doesn't sound anything like the same live.

There's a big difference between performing a 2 hour concert and recording in the studio.

Mick probably records a few lines and then rests for half an hour before singing the next part.

In concert he has to be very conservative and careful to not lose his voice. If he were to belt out like in the studio his voice would be shot after the first few songs.

"Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 30, 2023 21:19

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 30, 2023 21:53

TheBlockbuster
keefriffhards

There's a big difference between performing a 2 hour concert and recording in the studio.

Mick probably records a few lines and then rests for half an hour before singing the next part.

In concert he has to be very conservative and careful to not lose his voice. If he were to belt out like in the studio his voice would be shot after the first few songs.

For example Start Me Up has been played at the Superbowl half time, he only sang 3 songs, listen to the studio version in comparison, he can't even attempt to sing anything like the same. Jumping Jack Flash the same Satisfaction the same, etc etc.

Or in the 81 tour when SMU first came out, listen to live takes, it's a studio inhanced vocal he simply can't re-produce in any setting live.
I've just listened to an MTV awards when he sang it with the Stones, same again plus Love Is Strong sounds completely flat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-30 21:59 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: phd27 ()
Date: September 30, 2023 22:00

Angry delivers what an old fan could hope. My first hearing of SSOF left me a little puzzled. I did not know what to think. The second hearing changed that. It is a true masterpiece. In the very tradition of Stones blues. Recording is topnotch. Mick’s voice is powerful (whatever technics supports it), the horns lines is simply magic. One regret tho: Charlie is missing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home