Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:01

Wow what a song !!!!

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:01

Perfect song for a potential new Martin Scorcese movie. ;-)

Back to the song;
I'm not a fan of new Stones material! Angry and Living in a Ghost Song aren't that great and rather cliché Stones riffs and lyrics. And Jagger is forcing his vocals in a way I don't like. But hey, that's me.

BUT...this track suprises me in a good way. It really reminds me of Let it Loose and I Got The Blues. Love this production. Maybe a little bit over the top, but this one sounds good.

(I do miss a Mick Taylor guitar solo here! LOL )

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:04

Date: September 28, 2023 21:10

Muddyw
MSN review Sweet Sounds Of Heaven

I think the reviewer got Keith and Ronnie mixed up? Ronnie plays some soulful playing on the right I think (with tremelo)and Keith adds some beautiful licks on the left.

Bass I don't know. If it is done live than Watt must be playing the bass? Since Ian, Nicky and Billy not heard this kind of soulful piano (incl. the sound).

Heard four songs so far and I think the album could play out to be a masterpiece.

Yeah, he mixed up. Keith is left.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:11

Goosebumps and tears. Simultaneously
What a rare occasion.

What a stunner!
Love it

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:17

This song will sound absolutely immense live. It's one where you can easily imagine Mick controling the song and getting the crowd to join in. You also have the opportunity for a special guest. Makes me giddy thinking about it!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:21

OMG I'm shocked, this is really something i didn't expect so late in the game, the single is a masterpiece, how have the Stones done this, where have they been since Tattoo You, spine tinglingly euphoric, Micks vocals and lyrics just incredible, Keith, Ronnie everyone involved especially Lady Gaga she takes it to a higher level.

Jesus i have a feeling this album was worth the wait thank you Rolling Stones.

DP you was right, think Let It Loose . .

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:21

DeeGee
What a rare occasion.

What a stunner!
Love it

Here the same emotions.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:24

Someone is channeling Billy Preston on piano. Stevie?

Reminds me of the slow builders on Exile, notably the gospel feel of "Shine A Light" < this is a huge compliment.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:24

What's your opinion on the song? Do you like it?

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:25

Love it! Definitely one of the best Stonesy stuff they ever did. Even if Lady G is there...

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:32

Love the song.
I wonder is it Keef or Watt on bass.

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:33

This is a huge song.

Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:41

I really like it till the break when the Gaga starts squealing. The single version that blends it out meet my taste though it leaves out the groovy part with Stevie Wonder's piano - but better not to hear the Gaga. Chanelle Haynes would have been the better choice to sing on this.
I know the Gaga is better to adress a bigger - and younger - audience, but hell, in that last two minutes she is overacting.
I'm not sure if I like the distorted guitars.
Nevertheless it's a great song.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:48

I'm really impressed, long time that I had goosebumps

Date: September 28, 2023 21:50

On my first listen of the shorter version about 2 minutes in. I like the soul feel.

Powerful.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:50

dont know if in this sweet sounds galore the horns' crescendo has already had its mention

i love it

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:55

96kHz/24bit - [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.ProStudioMasters.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-30 18:40 by Irix.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:58

To quote the famous Gaga meme:
"Talented, Brilliant, Incredible, Amazing, Showstopping, Spectacular, Never the Same, Totally Unique, Completely Not Ever Been Done Before..." grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

The 7 minute version is phenomenal. I LOVE IT!!!! It's exactly what I hoped it would be. They continue to deliver and thrill. This will be transcendental live smileys with beer

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 22:00

DeeGee
What a rare occasion.

What a stunner!
Love it

Exactly so. Even on the first listen. WoW!!!!!

Date: September 28, 2023 22:01

My train is late, the long version on repeat is a way to pass the time! winking smiley

Date: September 28, 2023 22:11

I think the Stones did really, really well with bringing Andy Watt into the fold. Their sound has been updated in a clever way; not forced. IMO it's okay that Lady G, has the bigger moments of the song.
I am a little surprised how little Steve Jordan is mentioned in all of this, b/c the mix is a logic continuation from Keith's solo albums. (without Keith even being involved in this one)

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 28, 2023 22:15

I’m wondering if I should hold myself back from listening until the album release — or is resistance futile?yawning smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 28, 2023 22:18

Hear Lady Gaga Go to Church on Rolling Stones’ Gospel Blues ‘Sweet Sounds of Heaven’

The seven-minute rave-up also features Sunday morning keys from Stevie Wonder.

By Gil Kaufman
09/28/2023

Lady Gaga and Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones performs at the Prudential Center on Dec. 15, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. (Kevin Mazur)

Lady Gaga skies up into her highest, most soulful register on the new Rolling Stones gospel blues burner “Sweet Sounds of Heaven.” The latest preview single from the Stones’ upcoming Hackney Diamonds album takes its time, unspooling over more than seven minutes of righteous rambling that sounds like an outtake from the band’s beloved 1972 Americana rock classic Exile on Main St.The song opens with a rolling piano riff and Jagger in classic barroom crooner form, emoting, “I hear the sweet, sweet sounds of heaven/ Fallin’ down, fallin’ down to this earth,” before Gaga joins him on the second verse, parachuting in to echo Jagger’s lines in a high and sweet churchy register.

“I smell the sweet/ Sweet scents of heaven/ Tumblin’ down/ Tumblin’ down to the earth,” Jagger sings as Gaga’s voice rises to double his on the next verse, matching the 80-year-old rock legend note-for-muscular-note on the track that takes its sweet time. The song eventually rises to a joyous riot of guitar, drums, saxophone and keyboards more than five minutes in, building to a pair of joyous peaks as Jagger and Gaga get entangled in a growly soul shout-off.

In a new interview with Apple Music 1’s Zane Lowe, Jagger heaped praise on Gaga, calling her a “really great singer,” noting that he’d “never heard her sing quite that style before.” The Stones vocalist also described tracking the song — which also features soulful Fender Rhodes, piano and Moog from Stevie Wonder — which he said the band laid down live while all in the same room in an era when many A-list collaborations are digitally stitched together from afar.

“That was a great experience, her just coming in the room and her just opening up and seeing her bits and feeling her way and then getting more confident,” Jagger said, noting that the band and album producer Andrew Watt then tidied it up and that he and Gaga were at some point, “really face-to-face, getting them really tight, the parts really tight, and then being slightly competitive and screaming” on the track that is reminiscent of such Stones classics as “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.”

Though guitarist Ronnie Wood recently told Sky News that the collab came together somewhat spontaneously when Gaga happened to be in the same studio complex working on a different project, it’s not the first time they’ve gotten together. Gaga jumped on stage with the Stones in Dec. 2012 during their 50 and Counting tour to duet on a version of their 1969 single “Gimme Shelter.”

Hackney Diamonds, the Stones’ first album of new material in 18 years, is due out on Oct 20. The album’s previous single, “Angry,” features a video starring Euphoria actress Sydney Sweeney.

Listen to “Sweet Sounds of Heaven” below.

[open.spotify.com]

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 22:19

Wow! I listen to this tune again and again and can't stop.
More of this!!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

danicarton
Ronnie "the right channel guitar hero". Great job Ronnie!!!

Need to listen again but it seems that the Telegraph got that part wrong indeed : "The rhythm guitar of Keith Richards scratches and pokes away on the right side of the mix, Ronnie Wood’s sweet licks percolate on the left" - guess he didn't get Watt's memo about how/why he placed the guitars like that ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MartinB ()

Palace Revolution 2000
I think the Stones did really, really well with bringing Andy Watt into the fold. Their sound has been updated in a clever way; not forced. IMO it's okay that Lady G, has the bigger moments of the song.
I am a little surprised how little Steve Jordan is mentioned in all of this, b/c the mix is a logic continuation from Keith's solo albums. (without Keith even being involved in this one)

I agree, the sound is different. Less guitars, more of a "sound wall". I need some time to digest it.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: September 28, 2023 22:21

Only the Stones Can Do this, it's a masterpiece , juste wait to ear live !!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 28, 2023 22:29

Looks like someone listened to "Fully Finished Outtakes" on their way to Jamaica ;-)

"I've Got Dreams to Remember"

[youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 22:31 by gotdablouse.

Date: September 28, 2023 22:30

gotdablouse
Looks like someone's been listening to "Fully Finished Outtakes" ;-)

[youtu.be]

I thought of that as well!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home