Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 30
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:27

bauk77
Just heard a second snippet, just wow!! Will this be a masterpiece of music? So excited about our boys :-)

Here, for sure.
How could it be otherwise ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:52

yeababyyea
roller99

Exactly. I don’t consider Tattoo You to be an album of new material, a portion was leftovers from Some Girls.

I can't get behind this way of thinking. All songwriters have unfinished songs in their backlog they are planning to use sometime in the future.

Some Girls was released in 78 and Tattoo You in 81, with same logic if The Stones are using songs from 2020 sessions for Hackney Diamonds then it's not considered an album of new material?

Since Exile also consists a lot of unreleased material that goes back till 1968 - by that logic you also couldn't consider that an album of new material.

Also Emotional Rescue consists mostly of leftovers from Some Girls - so that isn't exactly new either.

The Stones always worked by the principle of recording lots of material and then choosing what fits well together on an album, saving other good songs for future albums that they might fit on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 17:57 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:53

roller99
Irix
DeeGee

AND: how did you come to hear this album?

He's a journalist and has probably signed a 'Non-Disclosure Agreement' (NDA). Same for [www.TheTimes.co.uk] when they wrote: "I’ve heard Hackney Diamonds. It’s the best Rolling Stones album since 1978".

Exactly. I don’t consider Tattoo You to be an album of new material, a portion was leftovers from Some Girls.

If I ran this site you would be banned for a month for this. Listen up. Tattoo You is an album of Stones material. It’s an album just like any other album. It can be rated vs any other album. The material was new to us.

If this current album is not as good as Tattoo You but is better than anything since then it’s the best album since Tattoo You, no ifs ands or buts.

Posted by: INDIANO ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:54

But where can you listen to it at 6.00 pm? (in Italy)

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:55

yeababyyea
roller99

I can't get behind this way of thinking. All songwriters have unfinished songs in their backlog they are planning to use sometime in the future.

Some Girls was released in 78 and Tattoo You in 81, with same logic if The Stones are using songs from 2020 sessions for Hackney Diamonds then it's not considered an album of new material?

It’s a pet peeve at this point.

Date: September 28, 2023 17:56

INDIANO
But where can you listen to it at 6.00 pm? (in Italy)

For sure on all music streaming services and it could be that there's also some kind of video premiere on Youtube.

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:56

All the major streaming services for sure...

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:04

yeababyyea
roller99

It's actually quite simple. Tattoo You is completely made of content that was written earlier and or for other albums (Black and Blue, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue) Hackney Diamonds' songs on the other hand were written for the purpose of making Hackney Diamonds. Both Sessions (2020 & 2023) had the same purpose.
So to me it's a complete new album - no leftovers used winking smiley

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 18:08 by DeeGee.

Date: September 28, 2023 18:08

Two songs are from 2019, though.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:12

DeeGee
yeababyyea
roller99

It's actually quite simple. Tattoo You is completely made of content that was written earlier and or for other albums (Black and Blue, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue) Hackney Diamonds' songs on the other hand were written for the purpose of making Hackney Diamonds. Both Sessions (2020 & 2023) had the same purpose.
So to me it's a complete new album - no leftovers used winking smiley

Glad you resolved that in your own mind.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:20

StonedRambler
yeababyyea
roller99

Since Exile also consists a lot of unreleased material that goes back till 1968 - by that logic you also couldn't consider that an album of new material.

Also Emotional Rescue consists mostly of leftovers from Some Girls - so that isn't exactly new either.

The Stones always worked by the principle of recording lots of material and then choosing what fits well together on an album, saving other good songs for future albums that they might fit on.

But they are leftovers that didn't make the previous album so probably best not to make a new album from left over scraps, ( 1970s leftovers are another thing to 2005 left overs ) that might be why Keith prefers to start from cratch with he and Mick bouncing spontaneous ideas off each other in the studio, i think that's why this album is going to be good, Andrew the producer has been encouraging them to do this.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:20

All artists create albums. Right? Songs come from different sessions and places. I couldnt care less if there are five new songs from 1969 (!) on the next Dylan album. Mr Springsteen recorded a couple of old ones that fit nicely on Letter to you. Cool. But now I want to hear Sweet sounds of heaven. I got the blues 2023. smiling smileycool smiley

Date: September 28, 2023 18:27

keefriffhards
StonedRambler
yeababyyea
roller99

But they are leftovers that didn't make the previous album so probably best not to make a new album from left over scraps, ( 1970s leftovers are another thing to 2005 left overs ) that might be why Keith prefers to start from cratch with he and Mick bouncing spontaneous ideas off each other in the studio, i think that's why this album is going to be good, Andrew the producer has been encouraging them to do this.

A song can be a leftover for several reasons - either because it was not good enough as a song or because it just didn't fit the flow of the album. 'Shine A Light' was a leftover from the Let it Bleed sessions for example. It's a phenomenal song but I can understand that it didn't fit on neither LIB or SF. The same with 'Sweet Black Angel' or 'Loving Cup'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 18:28 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:42

Is everybody ready ? Everyone seems to be ready ! Exciting times, eh ?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:47

StonedRambler
yeababyyea
roller99

Very little of Emotional Rescue came from the SG sessions.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:47

SSOH - [Music.Apple.com] .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:52

gotdablouse

smileys with beer

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:53

It’s on Apple Music Australia now

Rod

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:53

MisterDDDD
gotdablouse

smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: Jackda ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:54

6 minutes...

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:54

gotdablouse
Mathijs
roller99
Irix
DeeGee

AND: how did you come to hear this album?

He's a journalist and has probably signed a 'Non-Disclosure Agreement' (NDA). Same for [www.TheTimes.co.uk] when they wrote: "I’ve heard Hackney Diamonds. It’s the best Rolling Stones album since 1978".

Tattoo You was a new album as only the backing tracks from their back catalogue was used, all vocals and many overdubs were new, as were mixing and mastering.

Mathijs

Right and when it was released no one was the wiser, it's only during interviews for SW that it started getting mentioned, notably in a Mick interview from NME I think.

When it came out it was more than rumored that the tracks were older and that at least some came from previous sessions.

From RS original review in 1981:

Tattoo You is a compact, unified statement — despite the fact that some of its tracks (or segments of them) reportedly date back several years.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:56

gotdablouse

smileys with beer

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:57

Great!!!!

Truly great!!!

C

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:57

I am so excited, that I had a headache and I took a pill. I wasn't so excited even when I got results of my exams smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 28, 2023 18:59

Date: September 28, 2023 19:00

SSOH physical single - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] - (and other stores) - 13-Oct-2023.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 19:35 by Irix.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 28, 2023 19:00

Date: September 28, 2023 19:01

SSOH - [open.Spotify.com] .

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 28, 2023 19:03

Wooowww I love this songgg

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 28, 2023 19:03

Brilliant stuff!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home