Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930
Current Page: 30 of 30
Re: Sweet Sounds of Heaven - Track Talk
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 1, 2024 19:31

More guitar arpeggios
More guitar role
More guitar arrangement

Re: Sweet Sounds of Heaven—influences from past Stones songs
Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: May 2, 2024 17:59

The Sicilian
Hearing it live in Houston I'm trying to filter where I hear it in other Stones songs. These songs immediately come to mind:

Coming Down Again
YCAGWYW
Let It Loose (according to JMARKO)
Melody (according to Green Lady)

Now I'm also thinking about "No Use in Crying" from Tattoo You.

Any thoughts from your music mind?

Some chords progressions of "I'm Free" and "Sweet Sound of Heaven" sound similar to me.

'I'm Free'
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:02

Was gonna post this on the New Orleans Jazz Fest thread but it's closed, and since they're playing this, instead of starting a thread just to say this, and for a lot of people the sweet sound of gumbo is heaven:

BV you HAVE to get the CRAWFISH BREAD! At Jazz Fest!

And go to Prejean's booth and get the pheasant, quail and Andouille sausage gumbo!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:06

GasLightStreet
Was gonna post this on the New Orleans Jazz Fest thread but it's closed, and since they're playing this, instead of starting a thread just to say this, and for a lot of people the sweet sound of gumbo is heaven:

And go to Prejean's booth and get the pheasant, quail and Andouille sausage gumbo!

He opened a new thread on NO.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:39

The Sicilian
GasLightStreet

He opened a new thread on NO.

That was really weird - it and the Houston thread were closed! And the other New Orleans thread!

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: May 17, 2024 12:53

I hope to gonna to the reprise part at some shows again, like they did at the racket and the Houston show. For me that's the best part of the song. Maybe when Lady Gaga joins them one more time (maybe NYC?), and maybe Stevie Wonder wants to join as well smiling smiley

NOLA, Glendale, Las Vegas, and Seattle didn't include that reprise part of the song.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 17, 2024 13:19

Still to me the bravest and most ambitious thing they have done during this recent American tour is to play a brandnew song as an encore. People are busy complaining how little play from the new album, but this fact alone tells that they still believe on their new material. The last time they dared to give a new song such an important place in the climactic part of the show was I think "Start Me Up" back in 1981/82.

Those who are going to the shows now are witnessing something extraordinary. A bit like those once saw VOODOO LOUNGE tour, recall "Not Fade Away" as an unique opener for that tour. I always appreciate a lot these kind of unique tour specialities, giving a tour kind of own character. (Unfortunately there've been many without any).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-17 13:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: May 17, 2024 13:51

Yes, you are right, it's a great choice to give it a slot in the encore section.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 17, 2024 14:02

I think they are missing a trick by omitting the reprise part of the song.... Without Midnight Rambler at concerts Mick doesn't have a ready-made opportunity to have a "oh yeah" call and response with the audience... I feel he could use the reprise of SSOH to do exactly that... take it right down and then build it right up again. Need not be a long reprise then into Satisfaction.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930
Current Page: 30 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home