Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 28, 2023 06:23

MononoM
Doxa
Jagger's "England Lost" was technically a B side of "Gotta Get A Grip"? Or was it?

- Doxa

both sides were side a smiling smiley

smoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smiley
Both sides where to me more an inveriour side B

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 06:41

Rockman
But who buys a single?

.... Me .......... but doubt i'm alone ...

You’re not!!

Rod

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 06:42

roller99
voodoodrew
What about the album?

roller99
I've heard the track, the entire album actually. You'll love this track!

I think it's great, best album of original material since Some Girls.

Ah.. do not as good as Blue & Lonesome then??

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 28, 2023 06:48

original material .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 28, 2023 07:34

Rockman
original material .....

That reminds me...where's your friend Hairball? winking smiley

Date: September 28, 2023 08:26

... all my friends are in jail .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 28, 2023 09:24

Keefriffhard go to you,re voodoo doctor and Get him to take away the sticks of wood in you,re brain.They wasnt suppose to be there for fifty years,but only a few hours.Something is really wrong with you mentally,seek help fast

Date: September 28, 2023 09:42

...Heck !!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 11:32

Rockman
But who buys a single?

Me too

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 28, 2023 11:48

harlem shuffle
Keefriffhard go to you,re voodoo doctor and Get him to take away the sticks of wood in you,re brain.They wasnt suppose to be there for fifty years,but only a few hours.Something is really wrong with you mentally,seek help fast

Hey how's it going mate, I'm impressed with the spellings , marked improvement, I'm going to give you a star. thumbs up
I've inspired you to be a better man, you can thank me another time.winking smiley

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 28, 2023 12:54

roller99
I've heard the track, the entire album actually. You'll love this track!

Hey there holy roller - I've got a feeling (humm) you're not going to tell us anymore about the album in detail.
AND: how did you come to hear this album?

Cheerio
Flo

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2023 13:05

DeeGee

He's a journalist and has probably signed a 'Non-Disclosure Agreement' (NDA). Same for [www.TheTimes.co.uk] when they wrote: "I’ve heard Hackney Diamonds. It’s the best Rolling Stones album since 1978".

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 28, 2023 13:34

Stone601
Rockman
But who buys a single?

Me too

The last single I purchased was Living in a Ghost Town, which I purchased from i-Tunes. Although I have Angry already, it's availability to me is through the Hackney Diamonds pre-order; so, I don't suppose that counts towards a purchase of that song as a 'single' I wonder, for those who pre-ordered digitally, whether Sweet Sound of Heaven will be available later on today, on i-Tunes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 13:35 by Big Al.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 28, 2023 13:37

I was kinda happy to see Ghost Town as the bonus track. Now I don’t have to fork out the extra dough for the Japan version since I already have the single.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2023 13:45

It's going to be a helluva album if it is 'Best since SOME GIRLS', that is, better than TATTOO YOU... The latter was my first Stones album, and the biggest singular reason I became a fan, and since then I have waited in vain a better, or even as good album to arrive. I have heard such claims before - well, in regard to almost every new album - but unfortunately the reality has not supported the claims...

But I guess the point in those claims is that it is going to be a surprisingly great album, no matter how it rates against their wonderful back catalogue, and anything I have heard from it so far supports that. I am thrilled.

Still a few hours, and we will get a new Stones single. Wonderful time to be a Stones fan. We are so lucky.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 13:47 by Doxa.

Date: September 28, 2023 14:59

So much info!

What CEST time will it be released?

PS: anyone else experiences some site trouble lately? Seems a bit slow and sometimes I get errors.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 14:59

Irix
DeeGee

He's a journalist and has probably signed a 'Non-Disclosure Agreement' (NDA). Same for [www.TheTimes.co.uk] when they wrote: "I’ve heard Hackney Diamonds. It’s the best Rolling Stones album since 1978".

Exactly. I don’t consider Tattoo You to be an album of new material, a portion was leftovers from Some Girls.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 28, 2023 15:26

roller99
Irix
DeeGee

Exactly. I don’t consider Tattoo You to be an album of new material, a portion was leftovers from Some Girls.

Tattoo You was a new album as only the backing tracks from their back catalogue was used, all vocals and many overdubs were new, as were mixing and mastering.

Mathijs

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2023 15:32

PaintMonkeyManBlack

6pm - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 28, 2023 15:36

Mathijs
roller99
Irix
DeeGee

Tattoo You was a new album as only the backing tracks from their back catalogue was used, all vocals and many overdubs were new, as were mixing and mastering.

Mathijs

Yes, but not completely new written tracks what I believe is what Rollerman meant

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Date: September 28, 2023 16:01

Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

6pm - [iorr.org] .

Thanks!

Angry was 15 or 16...

I am waiting. Oh yeah o yeah.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: September 28, 2023 16:07

Almost time for more new Stones music. I think we are very lucky and it's wonderful to have new music. I real thankful! Two more hours smiling smiley

Date: September 28, 2023 16:22

Musicwinn
Almost time for more new Stones music. I think we are very lucky and it's wonderful to have new music. I real thankful! Two more hours smiling smiley

Agreed thumbs up

However, it's 2 hours and 38 minutes now, to be precise smiling smiley

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 16:34

Musicwinn

smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 28, 2023 16:47

Mathijs
roller99
Irix
DeeGee

Mathijs

Right and when it was released no one was the wiser, it's only during interviews for SW that it started getting mentioned, notably in a Mick interview from NME I think.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2023 16:59

roller99
Irix
DeeGee

Okay, although I feel like being cheated as a kid when I got that album and felt loved with the band, now the task is significiantly easier. Still a tough one.. Albums like EMOTIONAL RESCUE and UNDERCOVER, although far from perfect and not among their best ones, are still pretty strong ones..

We live interesting times!

- Doxa

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:04

I'm excited to hear the new single in a few hours!
Anybody on here remember they were excited to hear the new single Satisfaction in 1965?

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:06

Irix
DeeGee

I have noticed that with every release of a new Stones album comes the classic phrase 'It's the best since Some Girls'.
I am totally against making comparisons with past works, because each album has its own story. For those who like to make such comparisons, I would like to remind you that after 'Some Girls' there is a very underrated album like 'Emotional Rescue'! smiling smiley
A great album, still fresh and relevant after more than 40 years. So, friends who like to make comparisons, think twice before saying "the best after Some Girls".... because the risk that it isn't is very high and it already happened!

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:11

Just heard a second snippet, just wow!! Will this be a masterpiece of music? So excited about our boys :-)

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: September 28, 2023 17:24

roller99

I can't get behind this way of thinking. All songwriters have unfinished songs in their backlog they are planning to use sometime in the future.

Some Girls was released in 78 and Tattoo You in 81, with same logic if The Stones are using songs from 2020 sessions for Hackney Diamonds then it's not considered an album of new material?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home