Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 30
Re: "Sweet Sounds of Heaven"- with Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder - due out Sep 28
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 27, 2023 13:55

I will love this new album just as much as I love Goats Head Soup and Undercover. Felt it when I heard Get Close. Three is a magic number!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 27, 2023 14:22

Koen
Already a new single? What happened to Angry?

It reached #34 on the UK Singles Chart, and won't be climbing any higher. It's time for another shot! It's a shame it's not a decade a go, when Lady Gaga was having big chart-hits of her own; actually, more than a decade ago: Paparazzi, Poker Face, etc. The Stones may have had a better chance of hitting the top-ten!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 27, 2023 14:26

Big Al

It reached #34 on the UK Singles Chart, and won't be climbing any higher.

In Germany, 'Angry' reached once #21 - but then it was out of the [OffizielleCharts.de] .

Date: September 27, 2023 14:52

Irix
Big Al

It reached #34 on the UK Singles Chart, and won't be climbing any higher.

In Germany, 'Angry' reached once #21 - but then it was out of the [OffizielleCharts.de] .

I noticed the German chart-placing. That's pretty good still, considering the nature of the global single charts in 2023. Let's not forget that Germany took the Stones to #1 with Ghost Town, too.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 27, 2023 14:53

Big Al
Koen

It reached #34 on the UK Singles Chart, and won't be climbing any higher. It's time for another shot! It's a shame it's not a decade a go, when Lady Gaga was having big chart-hits of her own; actually, more than a decade ago: Paparazzi, Poker Face, etc. The Stones may have had a better chance of hitting the top-ten!

She had a massive hit just last year with “Hold My Hand”!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 27, 2023 15:11

streaming only? or are they planning physical releases too?

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: September 27, 2023 15:28

MononoM

If the picture of the cd wasn't fake, there'll be physical release.

Date: September 27, 2023 16:02

DandelionPowderman
MononoM

i dont see a picture of a cd.

is this same btw? [rolling-stones.disciplemedia.com] nevermind, this is another version of Hackney Diamonds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-27 16:04 by MononoM.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 27, 2023 16:06

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Topi
Rev 20 Redlights shared this on Rocksoff, a TikTok clip with another part of the song:
winking smiley
[www.tiktok.com]

I never thought it would be The Rolling Stones that led me to TikTok smiling smiley

This sounds awesome. Can't wait! thumbs up

I never bought a Stones album to get that noise, would have bought a Lady Gaga album.
It's not the Stones but its good, i like it, it's different in a good way but a bit disappointing so far, it's not Heaven or Beast Of Burden.

Think Let It Loose, and you'll dig it winking smiley

With all due respect DP, Let It Loose is Micks masterpiece, is it really that good me old mate ?

I like it musically, it's definitely uplifting and it might grow on me after more plays, but Micks vocal with Gaga feels a bit off to me, Keith's voice would have meshed much better, a missed oppertunity winking smiley

Date: September 27, 2023 16:07

MononoM
DandelionPowderman
MononoM

i dont see a picture of a cd.

is this same btw? [rolling-stones.disciplemedia.com] nevermind, this is another version of Hackney Diamonds

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 27, 2023 16:09

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Topi
Rev 20 Redlights shared this on Rocksoff, a TikTok clip with another part of the song:
winking smiley
[www.tiktok.com]

I never thought it would be The Rolling Stones that led me to TikTok smiling smiley

I never bought a Stones album to get that noise, would have bought a Lady Gaga album.
It's not the Stones but its good, i like it, it's different in a good way but a bit disappointing so far, it's not Heaven or Beast Of Burden.

With all due respect DP, Let It Loose is Micks masterpiece, is it really that good me old mate ?

I like it musically, it's definitely uplifting and it might grow on me after more plays, but Micks vocal with Gaga feels a bit off to me, Keith's voice would have meshed much better, a missed oppertunity winking smiley

keefriffhards, you seem to dislike Mick Jagger so much, you must be more satisfied listening to the X-Pensive Winos than listening to the Stones

Date: September 27, 2023 16:11

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Topi
winking smiley
[www.tiktok.com]

I'd say LIL is Mick AND Keith's masterpiece. I was only referring to genre, the gospel-vibe in both (female voices, horns and the tempo).

This is obviously from the part of the song, where it takes off - the crescendo, if you like. They have more than six and a half minutes to build it up smiling smiley

Time will tell if it's anywhere near the quality of LIL, though.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 27, 2023 16:21

DandelionPowderman
Topi

[www.tiktok.com]

Same here! grinning smiley

Date: September 27, 2023 16:51

watch out Tik Tok, its not safe. Many governments and companies did ban Tik Tok because its sending your data to china.

Date: September 27, 2023 16:54

Big Al
Koen

think if they had put a song on the b-side which is not on the main album it would had chart higher...

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 27, 2023 17:25

Holy hell does that clip sound promising!

"Angry" comes across to me as more paint by numbers Stones with a few fun flourishes thrown in (and of course that great bass from Keith) but this "Sweet Sounds" clip sounds like it could really be one for the ages in their body of work.

We'll see (hear) tomorrow!

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: September 27, 2023 17:28

If you want to listen to this snippet somewhere else, not on Tik Tok, it is also on Twitter/X, here.

EDIT: I am really excited about the song. Has the vibe of "Sticky Fingers"/"Exile..." era. If "New Stones Era" is the music like that - I'm in! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-27 17:40 by zgredzik.

Posted by: Satisfaction ()
Date: September 27, 2023 17:34

Really like the sound of the horns when they appear in the Twitter extract.
Don't want to be stupid, but they sound so much like the horns on Exile!!!!
It's gonna be a great great song, i think....

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 27, 2023 17:51

Wow!!!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 27, 2023 17:52

MononoM
Big Al
Koen

think if they had put a song on the b-side which is not on the main album it would had chart higher...

Absolutely agree.

They implemented all possible digital marketing tricks to increase sales, and they missed the most obvious one: incredible!

More so if you consider that it was common practice in the past. When was the last time that they included a non album Bside in a single?

Saint of Me/Anyway You Look at It?

Hard to believe that in the tapes (well, files) of all the recording sessions that preceded the Diamonds sessions there aren't a couple of songs good enough for a B side.

C

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 27, 2023 18:00

The Sax, the horns, strings, the moog. In the songs we've already heard there's a lot of instruments that didn't appear regularly for a long time on Stones albums!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 27, 2023 18:37

StonedRambler
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Topi
winking smiley
[www.tiktok.com]

keefriffhards, you seem to dislike Mick Jagger so much, you must be more satisfied listening to the X-Pensive Winos than listening to the Stones

...and that's keefriffhards just warming up for the release of the album, when he will unleash his mantra in full glory that, while quite ok, HD could have been so much better if Keith had not been restricted or even supressed by Mick, was allowed more creative control, more participation or whatever and all possible shortcomings will be relegated to Mick's stubbornness and, all in all, mean and ruthless character...

Mark my words!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 27, 2023 19:15

liddas
MononoM
Big Al
Koen

Absolutely agree.

They implemented all possible digital marketing tricks to increase sales, and they missed the most obvious one: incredible!

More so if you consider that it was common practice in the past. When was the last time that they included a non album Bside in a single?

Saint of Me/Anyway You Look at It?

Hard to believe that in the tapes (well, files) of all the recording sessions that preceded the Diamonds sessions there aren't a couple of songs good enough for a B side.

C

Haha. I actually stopped buying singles when there were no b-sides one could find not on albums... But then again, quite many had by then stopped buying singles altogether... Seemingly, the 'vinyl come back' does not include the classical B-sides of 45s, as far as new releases go. Is even the good old concept of a "single B-side material" a thing of the past?

Jagger's "England Lost" was technically a B side of "Gotta Get A Grip"? Or was it?

- Doxa

Date: September 27, 2023 19:16

retired_dog
StonedRambler
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
Topi
winking smiley
[www.tiktok.com]

...and that's keefriffhards just warming up for the release of the album, when he will unleash his mantra in full glory that, while quite ok, HD could have been so much better if Keith had not been restricted or even supressed by Mick, was allowed more creative control, more participation or whatever and all possible shortcomings will be relegated to Mick's stubbornness and, all in all, mean and ruthless character...

Mark my words!

I have to laugh at your post, a lot of sarcasm in it but at the same time take it as a compliment you remember comments from so many years ago.

I suppose in answer to both of you that yeah, sure I'd rather solo albums from Mick and Keith if this one is going to be like A Bigger Bang and Bridges, much preferred Crosseyed Heart and Wandering Spirit.

And yes i really hope Keith has maybe 4 or 5 good songs to contribute to the album, who wouldn't.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 27, 2023 19:28

"From so many years ago"? We do hear that bloody, predictable mantra any damn thread again and again.grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-27 19:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 27, 2023 19:29

MelBelli
Big Al
Koen

That was The Beatles

Date: September 27, 2023 19:35

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Doxa
"From so many years ago"? We do hear that bloody, predictable mantra any damn thread again and again.grinning smiley

- Doxa

But it's the truth. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 27, 2023 19:55

That snippet of Lady Ga Ga vocals sounds very similar to her last line of vocals from her single”Hold my Hand”.

Date: September 27, 2023 20:02

MelBelli
Big Al
Koen

Which peaked at #49 on the Billboard. At least it charted, I guess.

No, I’m sure you see where I’m coming from. In terms of being a monster on the pop, singles-chart, we’re going back some time, now. It doesn’t matter, of course!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 27, 2023 20:10

keefriffhards
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Doxa

- Doxa

But it's the truth. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No, it's the gospel according to keefriffhards...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home