Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick at Versailles today
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 23, 2023 10:25

GasLightStreet

Tony Fadell invented the iPod, although Apple tweaked it and Steve Jobs took credit for both

Don't forget the German-Brazilian inventor Andreas Pavel who had patented in 1977 in several countries a mobile music player (Stereobelt) similar to Sony's Walkman (1979). Sony finally acknowledged Pavel's invention in 2004. But the Walkman will always be associated with Sony. There're more of such examples in the history of technology.

In regard of Tony Fadell, he had the idea of the mobile music player long before Apple and had already presented his idea to Philips, RealNetworks und Sony - but they were not interested. If Tony Fadell was an employee of the Apple company, then it is usual that your inventions during your work belong to the employer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 14:35 by Irix.

Re: Mick Jagger at Versailles, France, Sept. 20, 2023
Date: September 23, 2023 10:50

Doxa

his fans are shocked for such an etiquette mistake in such a holy ceremony as a State Banquet in Versailles

Mick in 1989 at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony: "We’re being rewarded for 25 years of bad behavior”.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 23, 2023 11:04

StonedRambler
I want these trainers - where can I get them?

You have to find first his shoemaker because they are made specifically for his feet (orthopedic issues).

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 23, 2023 12:55

hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-23 12:57 by desertblues68.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 23, 2023 13:01

Harlem Shuffler
Irix
Reagan

so not the Versailles in Kentucky then?

"The aim, for both the Elysée Palace and Buckingham Palace, is to showcase the strong bond and friendship between France and the UK to strengthen ties that have been strained by Brexit" - [www.LeMonde.fr] .

That should read “ties that have been strained by Macron and the other turds in the EU”.
Harlem Shaffler I find your comment extremely offensive. I am an EU citizen living in Britain. This forum should be only reserved
for discussion about the band. I will refrain from saying anything else about the above.

Re: Mick at Versailles, September 20
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 23, 2023 14:59

bye bye johnny

Mick Jagger attending the State Banquet at the Palace of Versailles Credit: Yui Mok

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Yeah, the dude certainly moves like Jagger! (sorry, I couldn't resist LOL)

Sir Mick: He's got it all- Money, sex, adulation. The ability to travel all over the world when & where he wants. A man of wealth & taste indeed. Sometimes when I see pictures, videos, and interviews of him, I still can't wrap my head around and/or imagine what its like to have lived the kind of lifestyle he has been blessed with. Truly remarkable...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-23 15:01 by Sighunt.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 23, 2023 16:08

Irix
GasLightStreet

Tony Fadell invented the iPod, although Apple tweaked it and Steve Jobs took credit for both

Don't forget the German Andreas Pavel who had patented in 1977 in several countries a mobile player similar to Sony's Walkman. Sony finally acknowledged Pavel's invention in 2004. But the Walkman will always be associated with Sony. There're more of such examples in the history of technology.

In context, that's nothing to do with Steve Jobs and Apple.

In regard to the Walkman, I doubt many people go Oh Steve Jobs! when they look at their iPhone and say iPhone, etc. Of course it's Apple. Unlike a certain amount of bands where the band name and, let's say singer, are commonly associated. No one doesn't think of Mick Jagger when The Rolling Stones is mentioned.

Well, in general. There may be some here that don't but they're special!

Date: September 23, 2023 16:50

GasLightStreet

Of course not, because there were no mobile music players before Apple. And I don't believe that no one thinks of Mick Jagger when the Rolling Stones name is mentioned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-23 23:00 by Irix.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 23, 2023 22:00

Irix, GasLightStreet said "no one *doesn't* think of Mick Jagger when the Rolling Stones is mentioned."
Double negative, oh well.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 23, 2023 22:20

angee

Double negative, oh well.

OK, so be it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-23 22:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: September 25, 2023 11:23

I find it really cool that Mick does not give a shite about what shoes are appropriate to show up in front of this group of people in and wears whatever he wants and feels comfortable in. Really weird to see people complaining about it, that's not that big of a deal and he still looks great.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 25, 2023 12:27

GasLightStreet
Irix
GasLightStreet

Don't forget the German Andreas Pavel who had patented in 1977 in several countries a mobile player similar to Sony's Walkman. Sony finally acknowledged Pavel's invention in 2004. But the Walkman will always be associated with Sony. There're more of such examples in the history of technology.

In regard to the Walkman, I doubt many people go Oh Steve Jobs! when they look at their iPhone and say iPhone, etc. Of course it's Apple. Unlike a certain amount of bands where the band name and, let's say singer, are commonly associated. No one doesn't think of Mick Jagger when The Rolling Stones is mentioned.

Yeah, they are, but also they do think of Mick Jagger but in negative terms... Mick's always there, one cannot escape his presence. For example, part of Keith's attraction and distinction within the Stones context is that he is a contrast or a contra power to Mick in many ways. Without the big bad Jagger, Richards star would not so shine so brightly. Within this hardcore Keith fan reality, Mick's the one all negative things in Stones doings are associated with, while heroish Keith with all his purity gets a free pass. Blame it all on Mick you don't like. All this works so brilliantly that I sometimes think that all of this goes according to a clever PR strategy. Not just for Keith, but for both of them, that is, the Stones. It is based on (right) assumption that Mick's star is just so much above all of it that his reputation can handle whatever attacks against it. Probably we all here, no matter how much bitchness against Jagger is going on, are eating from Mick's hand actually. Keith and his hardcore fanbase too.

Keith himself knows this naturally. If he wants to make headlines, he must say something - hopely negative - about Mick.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 12:55 by Doxa.

Date: September 25, 2023 13:56

Doxa
GasLightStreet
Irix
GasLightStreet

Yeah, they are, but also they do think of Mick Jagger but in negative terms... Mick's always there, one cannot escape his presence. For example, part of Keith's attraction and distinction within the Stones context is that he is a contrast or a contra power to Mick in many ways. Without the big bad Jagger, Richards star would not so shine so brightly. Within this hardcore Keith fan reality, Mick's the one all negative things in Stones doings are associated with, while heroish Keith with all his purity gets a free pass. Blame it all on Mick you don't like. All this works so brilliantly that I sometimes think that all of this goes according to a clever PR strategy. Not just for Keith, but for both of them, that is, the Stones. It is based on (right) assumption that Mick's star is just so much above all of it that his reputation can handle whatever attacks against it. Probably we all here, no matter how much bitchness against Jagger is going on, are eating from Mick's hand actually. Keith and his hardcore fanbase too.

Keith himself knows this naturally. If he wants to make headlines, he must say something - hopely negative - about Mick.

- Doxa

Didn't he just state that Mick Jagger is the best frontman any band could hope for? A new strategy, perhaps? winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 25, 2023 14:32

Doxa

- Doxa

From a logical point of view the one Keith should be jealous of is... Honest Ron.

I mean Ronnie had a dream career in the sense he played with absolutely everyone. And that is the thing a pro musician can aspire to.
He walks onstage, he plugs in and here we go. That is the attitude of a consumate musician.

Keith otoh has always stayed in his ivory tower, sparingly venturing on a stage with musicians who are not the Stones or the Winos.

Date: September 25, 2023 14:45

Keith has fun nights out, too smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 25, 2023 15:25

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
GasLightStreet
Irix
GasLightStreet

- Doxa

Didn't he just state that Mick Jagger is the best frontman any band could hope for? A new strategy, perhaps? winking smiley

Keith has always praised Mick. But it is the negative remarks that make the headlines. For example, just the latest, wonderful TELEGRAPH interview in where he praised Mick's harmonica skills - but uses that to critizise him slightly for something else. And the latter made the headliner (with drugs, of course).

The worst case is, of course, LIFE. Like you Dandie have always reminded, Keith praises there a lot Mick. But it was the negative things that made the headlines. People love drama.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-25 15:30 by Doxa.

Date: September 25, 2023 15:30

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
GasLightStreet
Irix
GasLightStreet

- Doxa

Keith has always praised Mick. But it is the negative remarks that make the headlines. For example, just the latest, wonderful TELEGRAPH interview in where he praised Mick's harmonica skills - but uses that to critizise him slightly for something else. And the latter made the headliner (with drugs, of course).

The worst case is, of course, LIFE. Like you Dandie have always reminded, Keith praises there a lot Mick. But it was the negative things that made the headlines.

- Doxa

Actually, I missed the criticism this time in the DT-interview. What was it, that he wasn't the true/honest Mick Jagger without the harp?

Date: September 25, 2023 16:04

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
GasLightStreet
Irix
GasLightStreet

- Doxa

The worst case is, of course, LIFE. Like you Dandie have always reminded, Keith praises there a lot Mick. But it was the negative things that made the headlines.

- Doxa

Actually, I missed the criticism this time in the DT-interview. What was it, that he wasn't the true/honest Mick Jagger without the harp?

“Mick’s playing is above and beyond,” says Richards. “But he doesn’t think he’s so great – which is funny, cause he thinks he’s great at everything else.”

Do your own interpretation what Keith means by that... (The writer of the article did his by seeing it referring to Mick's ego).

- Doxa

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 25, 2023 21:03

desertblues68
Harlem Shuffler
Irix
Reagan

so not the Versailles in Kentucky then?

"The aim, for both the Elysée Palace and Buckingham Palace, is to showcase the strong bond and friendship between France and the UK to strengthen ties that have been strained by Brexit" - [www.LeMonde.fr] .

That should read “ties that have been strained by Macron and the other turds in the EU”.
Harlem Shaffler I find your comment extremely offensive. I am an EU citizen living in Britain. This forum should be only reserved
for discussion about the band. I will refrain from saying anything else about the above.

To be clear, by “the other turds in the EU”, I meant the other politicians, not the people of Europe.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 25, 2023 21:11

If Keith come up with one positive comment about Jagger,he will always after come up with fifteen negatives after a while.Remember this has been like that since early seventies.And of course all the stupid Keithadmirers believe every word what theire hero said.That means no brain at all,just stupid

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home