Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl
Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: October 21, 2023 05:46

Picked up the target purple version and will be exchanging it since the back half of side B has major scuffs and noise throughout. Aside from that I was really impressed with how good it sounded on a pair of headphones.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 07:10

sanQ
I read that there is a US Carnaby Red coming out. Plus in every pop up store around the world they are selling Carnaby Red. So much for limited edition.

Are there any real limited editions besides the zoetrope at 10,000 and the Assai Records clear vinyl at 500?

I would like to know the numbers on all these records.

What’s this Assai records version? How’s it different from the other clear vinyl ones?

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 08:03

VoodooLounge13
sanQ
I read that there is a US Carnaby Red coming out. Plus in every pop up store around the world they are selling Carnaby Red. So much for limited edition.

Are there any real limited editions besides the zoetrope at 10,000 and the Assai Records clear vinyl at 500?

What’s this Assai records version? How’s it different from the other clear vinyl ones?

The Assai version is indeed limited to 500 and therefore the most ‘exclusive’ of the bunch. The only unique thing about it is the numbered Obi strip they wrap around it. I think they use the transparant vinyl version for it. If you’re a collector, you’ve got to have this one of coursecool smiley. I managed to get a couple of these, they were sold out in an eye blink.

Anyone got their vinyl copy shipped?
Posted by: grandmeaulne ()
Date: October 20, 2023 22:11

I pre-ordered my green copy on Amazon but shipping is still pending. Am i the only one?

Re: Anyone got their vinyl copy shipped?
Date: October 20, 2023 22:48

several of my vinyl copies have shipped at this point. My Amazon one is arriving on Monday.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 20, 2023 23:09

My zoetrope has shipped. That's it. Ridiculous.

I had to download the whole album off YouTube, rip the audio and I'm listening to that. You'd think on release day I'd be able to drive to a record store, which I did (2 of them in fact) and be able to buy the album.

Nothing. I'm definitely listening to this lo fi!

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 20, 2023 23:11

I also had to check out 4 (!) record stores in Basel until I found a copy, which was in a book store (!?) and it cost 46 Swiss franks (!!!).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 20, 2023 23:36

grandmeaulne
I pre-ordered my green copy on Amazon but shipping is still pending. Am i the only one?

with mixed emotions? Certainly not!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:09

My zoetrope vinyl was duly delivered and arrived at my home this afternoon, the album release day. I’m in Britain, after all. I don’t have a player at hand, though.

Nothing else yet. Another few days for me to go out and lay my hands on a CD copy. Until then — no nothing. After Angry, I haven’t even heard SSOH one bit.

Not everybody on this board is desperate.

Posted by: grandmeaulne ()
Date: October 21, 2023 03:37

treaclefingers
grandmeaulne

with mixed emotions? Certainly not!

I see what you did there winking smiley

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 11:36

Super happy with the vinyl sound. Gatefold would have been nicer with some session photos inside but anyway... The inner sleeves bother me a bit (I have the clear Indie exclusive and the curazao with the alternate cover, both CZ pressings) as both came with two: a black generic anti-static one and a cardboard one with the credits on it.
Both don't fit well into the cover and the black doesn't fit into the cardboard... Anybody has the same experience? What are you doing?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 21, 2023 11:43

grandmeaulne

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 21, 2023 12:46

I got my copy from the RS store (Bravado) but I think the print is quite poor - or the design? The edge of the packing was planned to be different. Anyway, I want it and will not send it back. A waste of resources.
The vinyl is killer!

Date: October 21, 2023 12:49

Do others notice some pops and ticks during Sweet sounds of heaven and Tell me straight? I own the black vinyl

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 21, 2023 12:55

VoodooLounge13

Finding it hard to find the photos of all the various LP variants

The various editions can also be found on [www.Discogs.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-21 13:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 21, 2023 13:00

sanQ

Carnaby Street store had 700 red vinyls yesterday, which might or might not be some sort of guide as to how many there actually are. I'm guessing around 3000 or so?

The nearby Paul Smith store had 180 of his edition and told me there were 2500 globally.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 13:11

Beast
sanQ

Carnaby Street store had 700 red vinyls yesterday, which might or might not be some sort of guide as to how many there actually are. I'm guessing around 3000 or so?

The nearby Paul Smith store had 180 of his edition and told me there were 2500 globally.

Vienna pop-up store had 100+ Carnaby Reds (almost everyone was buying it), I doubt it"s (very) limited.

Date: October 21, 2023 15:55

Nellcote1971
Super happy with the vinyl sound. Gatefold would have been nicer with some session photos inside but anyway... The inner sleeves bother me a bit (I have the clear Indie exclusive and the curazao with the alternate cover, both CZ pressings) as both came with two: a black generic anti-static one and a cardboard one with the credits on it.
Both don't fit well into the cover and the black doesn't fit into the cardboard... Anybody has the same experience? What are you doing?

Get rid of the black inner, use nagaoka inners and put these in credits inner sleeve. I’ll do this with all my vinyl.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 24, 2023 02:33

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: October 24, 2023 15:55

Has anyone received their Blood Records Zoetrope edition?

Last thursday I received a mail saying 'Your order is being prepared for dispatch to the followign address. Limited information on the parcel as its journey progresses will be available once the item is on it's way'

I didn't hear anything since..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-24 15:55 by Jalfstra.

Date: October 24, 2023 17:11

jackflash27
Do others notice some pops and ticks during Sweet sounds of heaven and Tell me straight? I own the black vinyl

I've had to return two copies of the purple vinyl because of swooshing noises during those songs. Ordered a black copy from Amazon in hopes that it sounds better, so that is not encouraging!

Date: October 24, 2023 17:15

Madcap
jackflash27

I've had to return two copies of the purple vinyl because of swooshing noises during those songs. Ordered a black copy from Amazon in hopes that it sounds better, so that is not encouraging!

Is that the Target purple, or European fuschia?

Date: October 24, 2023 17:16

Also, did we ever get definitive confirmation that the FNAC exclusive pop-up is a real thing, or a mistake? Last I saw it was stated that it didn't exist. To Irix's point, it does seem weird that they'd go to such lengths to specify its existence if it didn't. Thanks!

Date: October 24, 2023 17:27

VoodooLounge13
Madcap
jackflash27

Is that the Target purple, or European fuschia?

Target. Rest of the album sounds great, then the swooshing starts right before tell me straight and continues for the rest of the side.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 24, 2023 17:29

Nellcote1971
both came with two: a black generic anti-static one and a cardboard one with the credits on it.

That's been an issue before . The 71 to 2016 boxed set suffered in the same way.

It's obviously now beyond the industry even to make sleeves to fit the records.

[This pointless fashion for thick 180g vinyl [often with rough square edges] doesn't help...and they're still always warped to buggery grinning smiley ]

Date: October 24, 2023 17:35

Spud
Nellcote1971
both came with two: a black generic anti-static one and a cardboard one with the credits on it.

That's been an issue before . The 71 to 2016 boxed set suffered in the same way.

[This pointless fashion for thick 180g vinyl [often with rough square edges] doesn't help...and they're still always warped to buggery grinning smiley ]

What I always do (did so with this one and all albums in the Studio albums vinyl box: replace white or black inner and replace it with nagaoka inner and put this in the lyrics cardboard. And this last one goes in the outer sleeve. Always fits.

Date: October 24, 2023 17:38

jackflash27
Spud
Nellcote1971

What I always do (did so with this one and all albums in the Studio albums vinyl box: replace white or black inner and replace it with nagaoka inner and put this in the lyrics cardboard. And this last one goes in the outer sleeve. Always fits.

Do you keep the original sleeves somewhere else then? And if so, how do you know which goes with which album? To be a collector, one must have the complete item....

Date: October 24, 2023 17:52

VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
Spud
Nellcote1971

Do you keep the original sleeves somewhere else then? And if so, how do you know which goes with which album? To be a collector, one must have the complete item....

I'm talking about vinyl records where the vinyl comes in a standard black or white polylyne / paper inner. I replace these with the nagaoka polyline and put this in the included cardboard (with artwork) lyrics inner. When there is artwork inner sleeve and just a standard black or white inner, I replace this with a Mofi antistatic inner sleeve.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 24, 2023 18:00

VoodooLounge13

Also, did we ever get definitive confirmation that the FNAC exclusive pop-up is a real thing, or a mistake?

It's still in this article from Oct. 19th by actuParis - [actu.fr] . Someone should look it up (again) in FNAC Paris, Forum des Halles. But the pictures - [iorr.org] - show only the Carnaby Red (cover with a hand below the diamond heart). You could also make your own edition by taking the alternative Amazon-cover and inserting the Carnaby Red instead.

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 18:05

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Also, did we ever get definitive confirmation that the FNAC exclusive pop-up is a real thing, or a mistake?

It's still in this article from Oct. 19th by actuParis - [actu.fr] . Someone should look it up (again) in FNAC Paris, Forum des Halles. But the pictures - [iorr.org] - show only the Carnaby Red (cover with a hand below the diamond heart). You could also make your own edition by taking the alternative Amazon-cover and inserting the Carnaby Red instead.

I was at the FNAC popup store in Paris this Sunday. They are selling the Carnaby red vinyl. There is no special FNAC red vinyl edition!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-24 18:06 by snarf2014.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home