Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 40 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2023 03:08

DeanGoodman
georgeV
DeanGoodman

These places keep changing their names. So Lumen is the old CenturyLink, and +1 on this comment. It was a very easy, walkable experience. Approved.

Very walkable from the downtown hotels to Lumen Field in Seattle. Just watch which street you walk on as huge homeless problem, drugs, mental health issues, and they congregate on certain streets that are between downtown and the stadium. I would walk along 1st Avenue as it is very safe.

Yes, a lot has changed in recent years. I'm sure other downtowns are in a similar sketchy situation - Vancouver, maybe?

Vancouver's pretty much fine. Downtown Eastside is sketchy, but if you're getting a hotel there...well let's just say you're not, so nothing to worry about!

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 20, 2023 03:29

I omitted Gillette Stadium above, because I don't have anything much to say about Foxborough, MA, but MBTA should offer special event trains from Boston's Back Bay and South Station, so I'd recommend staying not far from either. As in Philly and maybe Chicago, your Club Quarters and aKa's might offer some relative value at the expense of hotel services and ambience, though I'm similarly unsure how cost-effective they or the nice local places in the block of Boylston West of Copley Square still are these days. There might also be good options in the Seaport just across Fort Point Channel from South Station.

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: November 20, 2023 04:45

Hi all,
I am so stoked for a Stones tour and I’m dying to see them live again (have only seen them twice). If I’m spending on a budget, what is the best way to find a deal for seats in the pit or lower sections at SoFi or MetLife? And how do Lucky Dip tix work? I’m in my 30s and I don’t have the money to splurge right now. Any tips or help would be super appreciated! Cheers.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 20, 2023 05:09

angee
babyblue
bv
GerH1977
So I’m planning on traveling to Vancouver, LA and Santa Clara from The Netherlands.
Any suggestions for a safe stay in LA?
What’s the best area to stay? Also logistic-wise to the stadium, downtown etc.

Thx!
Grtz

If you go to the tour pages as indexed on the IORR Home Page, say 2021, and click on the city, like Los Angeles CA, for the SoFi Stadium, you will see lots of advices on travel and staying.

There will be new travel pages for all cities linked up in the IORR 2004 tour pages as soon as the tour is being confirmed.

The easiest is to stay near the venue, because after the show is over, some 50,000 people want to go home at the same time. Taxi and UBER prices are crazy, traffic jam, and where there is public transportation, it is jammed.

LA SoFi is just 5-6 km / 3-4 miles from LAX airport hotels. Vancouver any hotel is ok, the venue is near the downtown. Santa Clara is in the valley, near venue is best, but with patience the VTA light rail is ok, it takes you many places.

Thanks for info. In 2019; in Denver after show took me over 2 hours to get a taxi it was a mess. Finally a couple I was chatting to from St Louis told me to go to their hotel & they ordered me a taxi…took 10 minutes. Not enough taxis not planned good.

Yes, babyblue, *Denver* was a hassle getting back to the hotels. Walking with friends, we had to go quite a distance, in crowds of people. Tried to get an uber two-thirds of the way, very high prices and they couldn't get through traffic.

Hopefully will be better this time. And while I was waiting for a taxi few guys were going round selling bootleg shirts for $10. I’m very happy they are returning here I like the city, the people, good vibes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 05:12 by babyblue.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 20, 2023 05:16

JMoisica
Hi all,
I am so stoked for a Stones tour and I’m dying to see them live again (have only seen them twice). If I’m spending on a budget, what is the best way to find a deal for seats in the pit or lower sections at SoFi or MetLife? And how do Lucky Dip tix work? I’m in my 30s and I don’t have the money to splurge right now. Any tips or help would be super appreciated! Cheers.

The Pit in normal value costs 550 dollars final price with fees included. Someone in another comment said they assume they will be worth 20% more now. It is not expensive to get it at that price but there are people here who were able to get them at that price. The lucky dips are on sale for a limited time (until they sell out) through a link on the Stones' official website. They were always put on sale on the day of the general sale. The same man who talked about the pits here said he assumes they cost 100 dollars. 1 pair sold per person. If you get it, on the day of the show you have to go to the stadium ticket office and wait for the location they give you randomly. If you're lucky you might get PIT, but from what I've read here, you might also get general field or a seat in another section. If you have any other questions, tell me. Hug from Buenos Aires.

Posted by: bcbud ()
Date: November 20, 2023 05:49

Very exciting news, if true, that the Stones will be playing Vancouver, which was one of the four venues cancelled after the band resumed the COVID interrupted No Filter Tour ... a big disappointment as we had tickets on the floor.

Of course, getting tickets for this upcoming show will be a challenge, given all the ticket bots and scam artist profiteers who seem to be able to push themselves to the front of the line.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 20, 2023 06:21

babyblue, I hope it's better--I like the city too and it's close by. Maybe I would do well to call a cab rather than an uber, hmm.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 20, 2023 06:40

babyblue
GerH1977
So I’m planning on traveling to Vancouver, LA and Santa Clara from The Netherlands.

Thx!
Grtz
Welcome to Canada. I’m not far from Vancouver

Hey babyblue, I can't recall if you've mentioned where you are from in past threads? Out in the valley like Treacle and myself?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 20, 2023 06:42

I'm hoping that tickets will be available via American Express presales like 2020 in Vancouver, that's how I was able to get tickets, which ultimately didn't matter.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 20, 2023 06:58

syrel
I've seen complaints in this thread about Metlife and Sofi stadiums. Can anyone comment on the stadiums in Vegas, Seattle and Vancouver? They are on my potentials list. What is the sound like? (I know no stadium is 'good' for music). And are they easy to get in/out of?

thanks

syrel

MetLife was easy in and out and the sound in the pit was good. SoFi is a nightmare to get out of from the pit. Sound was good there, but you have to go up like 6 or 7 stories to get to street level (the stadium is built into a huge hole in the ground) and there are too few escalators to go up and major bottlenecks of people. It is the most poorly designed new stadium imaginable. Allegiant in Vegas was easy in and out and sound in the pit was good.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 20, 2023 07:03

JMoisica
Hi all,

There are no “deals” for getting good seats unless you have industry connections. Lucky Dips are a great, inexpensive way to get into the stadium, but most LD tickets will not be for lower level seats or the pit. I got pit once with LD and horrible nosebleed once. But I was there and the price was definitely right.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 20, 2023 07:50

Jimmy Buffett apparently set an attendance record at Jazz Fest of 98,000 people in 1998.

Not for the day - at the Acura stage.

Ha ha.... I was there and it was INSANE.

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: November 20, 2023 08:15

The Sun about a global tour:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 20, 2023 09:39

DGA35
babyblue
GerH1977

Thx!
Grtz
Welcome to Canada. I’m not far from Vancouver

Hey babyblue, I can't recall if you've mentioned where you are from in past threads? Out in the valley like Treacle and myself?

NoIm in the burbs.

Date: November 20, 2023 10:56

bluenote

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Insiders tell me the tour will start in the US in April and make its way across the States over the summer.

The trek is also expected to include dates for fans back here in Blighty.

A source said: “The tour will be huge.

I know it's the Sun... but still interesting

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 20, 2023 11:39

PaintMonkeyManBlack
bluenote

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Insiders tell me the tour will start in the US in April and make its way across the States over the summer.

"I can reveal the iconic English rockers are poised to announce a massive global trek for next year."

The US of A is not global, a world tour is. At least thats how I translate it. Maybe an arena tour in Nov/Dec in Europe? Most arena do not pack 60k, but 50k. That is something worth considering, Mick.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 20, 2023 11:40

Let's just take one tour/leg/mini-tour at a time. smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2023 11:54

Topi

But I don’t want to spend $35k on wife and I getting to the US, travelling around and paying for accommodation and tickets IF I can spend $10k on doing it around OZ !!!

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 11:55 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 20, 2023 12:41

Topi

I agree! Today I just feel like the Stones throw me a puck that says: Hackney Diamonds World Tour 2024/25.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 20, 2023 12:43

schwonek
Topi

I agree! Today I just feel like the Stones throw me a puck that says: Hackney Diamonds World Tour 2024/25.

“World Tour” that only includes the US and Europe? That’s really just a Northern Hemisphere tour, surely?

Rod

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 20, 2023 13:10

bitusa2012
schwonek
Topi

“World Tour” that only includes the US and Europe? That’s really just a Northern Hemisphere tour, surely?

You know, “world tour” has always been a joke even if it includes Australia and Japaneye rolling smiley

[ifunny.co]

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: November 20, 2023 13:16

Is the official tour announcement tomorrow? And if so what time?

I'm dying to book flights and accommodation for Chicago but need to know for sure they are the dates!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 20, 2023 13:49

bv
I am still missing confirmations on the dates of the shows in Denver, Cleveland, Atlanta, Orlando.

There are 19 shows accounted for, then I have one more to be checked out. We are almost there, but it is a large puzzle, lots of into of all sorts.

Thanks to everyone helping in on making the list available and accurate, so that fans may get accomodation at an affordable rate. Already, rates are very high in the summer next year.

Hi BV,
thanks for sharing and giving us all this information.

as we have two weeks of school holidays in the middle of May, are there any guesses when the missing dates for

Foxboro, Orlando and Atlanta

might take place?

Thanks
Stoneswolf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 13:49 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 20, 2023 14:36

schwonek
PaintMonkeyManBlack
bluenote

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"I can reveal the iconic English rockers are poised to announce a massive global trek for next year."

The US of A is not global, a world tour is. At least thats how I translate it. Maybe an arena tour in Nov/Dec in Europe? Most arena do not pack 60k, but 50k. That is something worth considering, Mick.

rather unlikely, I'd say. Arenas for 50k people in Europe?? Not too many, I guess

Date: November 20, 2023 14:43

Blighty = UK (had to google it)

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 20, 2023 14:45

when they started with LD's I mostly had pit (say 95% chance). The later tours it was the other way round. Only one show I had pit with LD. All others were nosebleeds. Luckily i managed me into the pit somehow at many places though...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 20, 2023 14:46

Waiting for details (date) for Gillette. Any idea?

Date: November 20, 2023 15:03

daniel t
Waiting for details (date) for Gillette. Any idea?

Guessing end of May/beginning of June, after MetLife.

Date: November 20, 2023 15:15

stereomanic
Is the official tour announcement tomorrow? And if so what time?

I'm dying to book flights and accommodation for Chicago but need to know for sure they are the dates!

8 AM EST tomorrow

Posted by: Torontoluke ()
Date: November 20, 2023 15:16

Do we know a date for the Cleveland show? Any shows closer to the Toronto area?? Buffalo?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 40 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2037
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home