Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 15, 2023 22:20

SecondSet
We have a fair number of pieces of information already. Woz has supplied several dates. hymenlips appears to have supplied another. I have shared, however obliquely, my informed opinion on several others, one reported from another board. One more piece from the West Coast or Southeast and I think I could put most of the tour together.

Got any Pacific Northwest pieces on your puzzle?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 15, 2023 22:26

There are two in LA at SoFi.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 15, 2023 22:29

Topi
SecondSet
We have a fair number of pieces of information already. Woz has supplied several dates. hymenlips appears to have supplied another. I have shared, however obliquely, my informed opinion on several others, one reported from another board. One more piece from the West Coast or Southeast and I think I could put most of the tour together.

Got any Pacific Northwest pieces on your puzzle?

[twitter.com]

Date: November 15, 2023 22:29

Woz

Again? Well.

Date: November 15, 2023 22:44

Woz

In July?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 15, 2023 22:45

Woz

Ugh. Gut instinct is save myself the cash. Total garbage venue. Absolute worst place I have ever had the displeasure of seeing any band.

Date: November 15, 2023 22:47

I kind of guessed LA gets a show or two if the total # of shows is 20.

Wondering where all this leaves Canada. Are they in or out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-15 22:51 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2023 22:53

Dan
Woz

Ugh. Gut instinct is save myself the cash. Total garbage venue. Absolute worst place I have ever had the displeasure of seeing any band.

Agree... as tempting as two shows/one trip is to me, not sure I want to tackle that venue again. Getting out from the "floor" of that was a nightmare.

Date: November 15, 2023 22:56

Topi
Woz

In July?

I don't think so

Date: November 15, 2023 23:00

SecondSet
Topi
Woz

In July?

I don't think so

In that case there's room for 3-4 shows between Chicago and Santa Clara, depending on the Chicago date. The first two July dates are of interest to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-15 23:02 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2023 23:38

Topi
In that case there's room for 3-4 shows between Chicago and Santa Clara, depending on the Chicago date. The first two July dates are of interest to me.

Crazy if this turned out to be accurate..Rose Bowl on July 4th?drinking smiley

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 15, 2023 23:54

I must have missed the list of rumored dates/cities. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 16, 2023 00:18

MisterDDDD
Dan
Woz

Agree... as tempting as two shows/one trip is to me, not sure I want to tackle that venue again. Getting out from the "floor" of that was a nightmare.

During the Stones twofer I chanced upon a fast, secret exit using fire escape stairs (real useful if there really is an emergency), but couldn't find it for the Metallica twofer and had to suffer the neverending ramp torture. Hopefully we can work out the magic exit location if the site is confirmed. At least parking can be free.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: November 16, 2023 00:26

DeanGoodman
MisterDDDD
Dan
Woz

During the Stones twofer I chanced upon a fast, secret exit using fire escape stairs (real useful if there really is an emergency), but couldn't find it for the Metallica twofer and had to suffer the neverending ramp torture. Hopefully we can work out the magic exit location if the site is confirmed. At least parking can be free.

I swear that ramp was an optical illusion. Whenever you thought you had hit the end, another turn would await.

Interesting if LA ends up in May or June rather than July. A lot of criss crossing if it's Houston->Glendale->Jazzfest->? Makes sense to save the northeast and midwest for late May, June, and July.

Date: November 16, 2023 01:22

TooTight

Interesting if LA ends up in May or June rather than July. A lot of criss crossing if it's Houston->Glendale->Jazzfest->? Makes sense to save the northeast and midwest for late May, June, and July.

Ideally you want the East Coast out of the way before summer flying season, thunderstorms, congestion, delays and cancellations. And the heat.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: November 16, 2023 01:38

sofi stadium is very nice

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 16, 2023 01:48

NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny
NashvilleBlues
What about Memphis in May (festival)?

2024 Beale Street Music Festival's been cancelled.

[www.commercialappeal.com]

Thanks. I didn't know that. Loved seeing Soundgarden there 10 days before Chris Cornell's death.

I was at that show too!

Another group quickly stepped in and said they'd provide a music festival on the same dates. The previous group was a not for profit, and when Memphis gave them a bill for $1M to replace the turf in the redone park they bowed out. The new group, which is a for profit group leading to some conspiracy theories the city was in cahoots to force one group out to get kickbacks from another. All of which to me sounds like a much more expensive festival with B-list acts.

The BBQ contest also left the downtown park for similar reasons, which was usually the following weekend.

Also, while I've seen some excellent acts over the last 25 years at that festival, I'm pretty sure their entire budget wouldn't cover a Stones show.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-16 16:26 by kovach.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 16, 2023 04:31

ROSE BOWL July 4th fyi - It's interesting as nothing on the Rose Bowl Stadium calendar and last year they hosted a soccer game instead of some years' fireworks thing. There is this that implies a 2024 July 4th is back to annual "America Fest" but not on the actual RoseBowl website. [www.coloradoboulevard.net]

MisterDDDD
Topi

Date: November 16, 2023 05:16

MisterDDDD
Topi

Or the Palladium July 9?

Posted by: curt ()
Date: November 16, 2023 05:33

Yes they do,I had seats behind the stage at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon on the 30th of January, 1998 on the Bridges tour...

Date: November 16, 2023 05:43

curt
Yes they do,I had seats behind the stage at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon on the 30th of January, 1998 on the Bridges tour...

(Behind the stage seats in) arenas, yes. Stadiums, no. They no longer do arena tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-16 05:43 by Topi.

Date: November 16, 2023 05:53

keefmick
I must have missed the list of rumored dates/cities. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

You are in the right place. Have a cup of speculatte and enjoy!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2023 06:01

schwonek
I wonder what the tour will be called? I guess it is pretty obvious:

HACKNEY DIAMOND TOUR

In the past we had:
Bridges to Babylon Tour
Voodoo Lounge Tour
A Bigger Bang Tour

"They" didn't start naming tours after albums (for) until 1994.

How they didn't figure that out way earlier...

Reporter: You're touring IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL, what's the tour called?

Mick: The 1974-75 tour.

So weird. Why didn't they call their tours after the album at the time until 1989?

Doesn't that seem very strange?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2023 06:10

NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny
NashvilleBlues

Thanks. I didn't know that. Loved seeing Soundgarden there 10 days before Chris Cornell's death.

Wow.

Does that feel strange? That's gotta be a twist. I don't think I could even talk/mention such a thing. Just so weird. So weird. Kurt and then 17 years later... that's something.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 16, 2023 06:14

DeanGoodman

How did you get free parking? I paid a LOT for parking. Did you park outside the venue’s lot?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 16, 2023 06:15

artedm
sofi stadium is very nice

The stadium may be nice, but if you’re on the floor, it is a total NIGHTMARE to get out of that place. Very very poorly designed for exiting large crowds. Hated it!!

Date: November 16, 2023 06:21

JadedFaded
DeanGoodman

How did you get free parking? I paid a LOT for parking. Did you park outside the venue’s lot?

Usually along Manchester, once at Vons supermarket, once in the very empty Inglewood shopping area (a bit risky).

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 16, 2023 06:25

GasLightStreet
NashvilleBlues
bye bye johnny
NashvilleBlues

Wow.

Does that feel strange? That's gotta be a twist. I don't think I could even talk/mention such a thing. Just so weird. So weird. Kurt and then 17 years later... that's something.

It was strange. Huge Soundgarden fan since Badmotorfinger. Missed them in the mid 90s because of the sheer volume of great shows at the time and I had no idea they were about to take very long break. I did see Cornell with Audioslave at Lollapalooza 2003 in Atlanta. Memphis in May was the only time I saw Soundgarden. So glad I did.

Another weird thing was my first ever show was Pearl Jam in Murfreesboro a few weeks before Kurt Cobain died. Eddie Vedder mentioned the pressures of fame a few times that show. Surprisingly, the whole show is on YouTube. Cool to see my memories about the show were accurate, including Eddie pretending to hang himself with the mic cord.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: November 16, 2023 06:47

It would be nice if they did San Diego, after canceling their last show there during pandemic. Most big stadium bands do a combo of San Diego and LA back to back. It works well logistically. Problem is you can’t really play a baseball stadium in season. They played Petco before and worked great, 48k, but this tour needs to be football stadiums. The new one in SD, Snapdragon, is great concert venue, but only 35k. It’s available, but would they play that small? Coldplay just did 2 back to back sold out shows there to make up for the fact it’s so small. 3 days later they sold out the Rose Bowl.

Date: November 16, 2023 06:53

GasLightStreet
schwonek
I wonder what the tour will be called? I guess it is pretty obvious:

HACKNEY DIAMOND TOUR

In the past we had:
Bridges to Babylon Tour
Voodoo Lounge Tour
A Bigger Bang Tour

"They" didn't start naming tours after albums (for) until 1994.

How they didn't figure that out way earlier...

Reporter: You're touring IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL, what's the tour called?

Mick: The 1974-75 tour.

So weird. Why didn't they call their tours after the album at the time until 1989?

Doesn't that seem very strange?

Most tours by anyone anywhere weren't named other than retroactively by fans to associate with whatever album of the era.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home