Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 9, 2023 01:46

Madcap
I'm also in the Chicago area! Not going to lie, there are some shows that I want to see on 5/31 and 6/1 that are going onsale on Friday and part of me is thinking I should wait to buy tickets for anything local in May/June until the Stones dates are out!

Beyond Wonderland is at Northerly Island that weekend, so I'd imagine that there won't be a competing event at Soldier Field.

[Edit: Withdrawn. There have been overlapping events at the two venues before, including during the 2019 Stones shows. And it doesn't matter that it's graduation weekend at the U of C either - Taylor played the same weekend this year. Not that this isn't all potentially academic, as it were, but I had already taken an interest in one of these dates.]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-09 06:20 by SecondSet.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: November 9, 2023 02:18

SecondSet
hymenlips
PC was about Stones date in Chicago. Nothing about tour reveal. Was supposed to be attended by some important people in Chi. Didn’t happen. Oh well. Doesn’t mean the info was wrong. Just meant it didn’t happen. Just like if the date changes,doesn’t mean it wasn’t the plan. You have disputed EVERYTHING I have said. I’ll keep my info to myself going forward.

I haven't "disputed EVERYTHING” you've said, and I’m not sure I’ve “disputed” anything you’ve said actually. Rather, I've only raised questions about what didn't and still doesn't quite make sense to me. And since bv mentioned "respect," I'll add that I've never called anyone here a "such a little @#$%&" as you did in just your 13th post on this forum several weeks ago.

I did not "dispute" your first post here nine months ago stating that there would be a Soldier Field date on 6/30 this year, even as many others raised questions, noting that it was the same weekend as the big NASCAR race and attendant street closures. Nor did I raise any questions when you went on to cite as indicia of your reliability other shows that were previously-announced or widely-expected. Nor did I raise any questions a month later when, after it was known elsewhere that the tour had been postponed, you added the same and supplemented your comments with an indication that Soldier Field had also postponed or canceled two other unannounced events.

Not did I "dispute" your posts here several weeks ago indicating that the show would be made up this year, as I already expected, or your follow-up two weeks ago specifying the same date as last year. Indeed, I believed them, or wanted to, despite my general disinclination to believe something simply because someone posted it on the internet. And I remain prepared to believe them today.

What raised my antennae, however, and inclined me towards some additional tire-kicking, was your follow-up indication that your contact said that Live Nation had canceled a press conference about the Stones. As I've already said, that didn't and doesn't make sense to me - LN rival AEG is the tour promoter - and I don't think it should make sense to others either.

Still, I didn't "dispute" your contact's claim per se - I never said it was false - even while saying that I had an indication that might point to an alternate date that I acknowledged could be wrong. Rather, I raised the question and waited to see if there was a satisfactory answer. The same went and still goes for the idea that a press conference would be held to announce a single show on a tour that won't be announced until several weeks hence. While I could come up with a possible explanation for that on my own, I haven't seen a good one from you yet any more than I did to the previous question.

Which, again, is not an assertion that the claim is false, only a reiteration that I have outstanding questions and think you should share them rather than asking us to take the word of the contact of a random anonymous person, getting defensive, suggesting that I am responsible for supplying competing intelligence, and threatening to take your ball and go home.

This is a very entitled mindset.

People who share inside info generally do so without revealing sources, as that inside info will dry up if anyone finds out who’s sharing.

We’re not entitled to any info until the band announces a tour, so enjoy the rumors, and keep an eye open for the actual announcement down the road.

Date: November 9, 2023 02:21

TooTight
This is a very entitled mindset.

People who share inside info generally do so without revealing sources, as that inside info will dry up if anyone finds out who’s sharing.

We’re not entitled to any info until the band announces a tour, so enjoy the rumors, and keep an eye open for the actual announcement down the road.

You say this both as if I asked anyone to "reveal" a "source" - I didn't - and with apparent certainty that hymenlips belongs to that class of people and I do not. That despite my having at least obliquely shared information here before. [More explicit information removed]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-09 02:31 by SecondSet.

Date: November 9, 2023 02:24

I also have some reason that others don't to believe that they will play another festival next year, but that isn't anything that I'm able to confirm at this point.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 9, 2023 04:32

SecondSet
I also have some reason that others don't to believe that they will play another festival next year, but that isn't anything that I'm able to confirm at this point.

Sounds like secondhand news Secondset

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 9, 2023 04:54

SecondSet

They will play the extra added day at Jazz Fest

Date: November 9, 2023 06:13

colonial
SecondSet

Sounds like secondhand news Secondset

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but this post was an afterthought to one in which I shared but then deleted newsworthy non-public information that came first-hand from a well-positioned source I've known for many many years. The afterthought didn't refer to anything I was told, but instead to evidence I went looking for that is also available to anyone else who thinks to do the same, which I seriously doubt anyone has. I have good, non-selfish/parochial reasons not to be more specific about it.

Date: November 9, 2023 06:15

Woz
SecondSet

That was the subject of the post quoted here, but I don't know which day they're playing - I do know which week, I think - and not sure this makes it clear.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-09 19:26 by SecondSet.

Date: November 9, 2023 07:40

SecondSet
The afterthought didn't refer to anything I was told, but instead to evidence I went looking for that is also available to anyone else who thinks to do the same, which I seriously doubt anyone has. I have good, non-selfish/parochial reasons not to be more specific about it.

I'll add that the evidence might hearten those who would hope for some sort of appearance outside the fairgrounds, even if that isn't something I would assume will happen.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 9, 2023 10:03

Woz
SecondSet

Nice. Extra date is the new opening day. Would be great!

Date: November 9, 2023 19:14

Nellcote1971
Woz
SecondSet

Nice. Extra date is the new opening day. Would be great!

I don't believe they're playing the first Thursday. Which day of the festival constitutes the "extra day" is fungible in my opinion.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 9, 2023 19:48

In 2019, the first Thursday was a “locals” day, with discounted tickets for Louisiana residents, and the Stones were scheduled to perform on the 2nd Thursday.

The Stones seem to have crossed stars when it comes to appearing at NOLA Jazzfest. It will be interesting if it happens but I’m not holding my breath.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 9, 2023 21:41

What are dates for jazz fes

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 9, 2023 21:43

NOLA Jazzfest always is on the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 10, 2023 00:33

I was referring to May 2, It's not the 25th. Tour starts elsewhere too close to the April 25th "added" date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-10 00:34 by Woz.

Date: November 10, 2023 02:03

Woz
I was referring to May 2, It's not the 25th. Tour starts elsewhere too close to the April 25th "added" date.

That was roughly my expectation, but I have reason to suspect that one or more of them might stick around town possibly for an additional appearance, announced or otherwise, on the 3rd or maybe 4th, and not necessarily at a small club.

Date: November 10, 2023 02:52

Woz

Would I be on target in expecting a possibly-first show on the 23rd?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 10, 2023 04:33

I have an ulterior motive, same as a heap of people I guess, in wanting an announcement sooner than later. Living about as far away as possible from the US, being in Perth Australia, I want to book flights as soon as possible to get best fare as possible!! C’mon lads, get out an announcement soon please!

Rod

Posted by: keeffan ()
Date: November 10, 2023 10:22

In Perth too. Waiting, waiting, waiting for an announcement

Date: November 10, 2023 12:48

keeffan
In Perth too. Waiting, waiting, waiting for an announcement

Yes. Unlikely before Christmas probably! I’ve got Singapore Airlines flights booked to NYC for wife and I mid June, coming home mid July. Not ticketed yet, just held. Hopefully that fits in ok. Benefit of being a travel agent!!

Rod

Posted by: keeffan ()
Date: November 10, 2023 16:25

How do you hold a flight that is not ticketed?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 10, 2023 18:16

SecondSet
Woz

Not if they follow their semi-recent pattern of 3 days off between shows (not including the mid-mini-tour weeklong break). If they play May 2, the 2 shows prior would be April 24 and 28. But what do I know?

Date: November 10, 2023 18:35

NashvilleBlues
SecondSet
Woz

Not if they follow their semi-recent pattern of 3 days off between shows (not including the mid-mini-tour weeklong break). If they play May 2, the 2 shows prior would be April 24 and 28. But what do I know?

Sometimes they take more. Sometimes they take less. I have a reason for asking about the 23rd.

Date: November 10, 2023 19:53

SecondSet
NashvilleBlues
SecondSet
Woz

Sometimes they take more. Sometimes they take less. I have a reason for asking about the 23rd.

They very rarely take less (I know their last 2 only had a 2 day gap). Overwhelmingly, they do 3 days off more than anything else. So, do you have any inside information or are you just throwing out wild guesses? Say something or don’t. A lot of wishy-washiness coming from you lately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-10 20:13 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: November 10, 2023 22:04

NashvilleBlues
SecondSet
NashvilleBlues
SecondSet
Woz

They very rarely take less (I know their last 2 only had a 2 day gap). Overwhelmingly, they do 3 days off more than anything else. So, do you have any inside information or are you just throwing out wild guesses? Say something or don’t. A lot of wishy-washiness coming from you lately.

My reference to 2 day gaps was merely to illustrate that there are exceptions to the rule in both directions, but if you're counting here, you'll notice that it's irrelevant in this case. I could have said instead that they generally take 3 or more days off - sometimes they take a week-plus!

What I have about the 23rd is not with worth sharing at this point, not without some additional confirmation, at least. I was edging towards sharing some information about one or more additional dates - I've all but confirmed at least one that hasn't been posted here - but since you and others seem insistent upon maligning me without cause, I'll play hymenlips and keep my mouth shut for now, noting that I have no obligation to do so and no inclination to respond to pressure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-10 22:05 by SecondSet.

Date: November 10, 2023 22:24

SecondSet
I've all but confirmed at least one that hasn't been posted here

It's on 8 June.

Date: November 10, 2023 23:46

SecondSet
SecondSet
I've all but confirmed at least one that hasn't been posted here

It's on 8 June.

Thank you. Now that’s what I’m talking about!

Date: November 11, 2023 03:22

keeffan
How do you hold a flight that is not ticketed?

I’m a travel agent. Not all fare types require instant purchase. Pick one that don’t, book it, hold the booking. When you need to ticket, convert the booking to an instant purchase fare using “best fare of day” command, and ticket. Easy if you have access to system which as a travel agent, I do.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 03:26 by bitusa2012.

Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 11, 2023 07:01

Looks like the thread has a revised title!

BV mentioned spring and early summer. This is consistent with what I had been hearing about a tour in April-June.

The lawyer in me still thinks they're mainly going to make up for the 2023 shows they were supposed (remember, Ronnie said: "committed") to play, with some added dates/changes. We'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 07:02 by Topi.

Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 11, 2023 07:38

Topi
Looks like the thread has a revised title!

BV mentioned spring and early summer. This is consistent with what I had been hearing about a tour in April-June.

The lawyer in me still thinks they're mainly going to make up for the 2023 shows they were supposed (remember, Ronnie said: "committed") to play, with some added dates/changes. We'll see.

Woz and bv were talking about 20 dates so I'm guessing 2023 plus some cherries on top?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2212
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home