Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 25, 2023 22:54

I’m just curious are the band thinking of doing more than 14 dates.Hmmm…

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 26, 2023 17:30

About the cancelled 2023 Summer Tour:

"Mick Jagger was supposed to be singing 'Start Me Up' in stadiums across the U.S. this year. The buzz in the music business was that a tour was booked. Instead, the Rolling Stones in April made an inside joke via social media: a 1972 photograph of a debauched Keith Richards next to a sign that reads: 'Patience Please... A Drug Free America Comes First!' The message? Stones fans can’t always get what they want. 'I wanted to have the summer off,' Jagger says with a laugh during a video call from Italy on a sunny day in August, despite speculation about illness or injury. Jagger deserved 'to take it a bit easy,' as he put it. [...] Tackling the album and touring simultaneously would have wiped him out, Jagger says. So he made an executive decision to stay home. [...] Jagger wasn’t planning to just lounge by the pool. There was a photo shoot in New York City. Band interviews. Music videos to make." -- The Wall Street Journal , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 26, 2023 23:47

also from the wsj article

The band is talking about touring the U.S. and hopefully elsewhere next year.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 27, 2023 01:41

ProfessorWolf
also from the wsj article

The band is talking about touring the U.S. and hopefully elsewhere next year.

Sounds like USA is the primary objective with hopes of touring elsewhere. Makes sense with the MLB marketing partner for Hackney Diamonds.

Would be great if they could manage two 10-14 date mini tours in one year. Could knock-off a mini global tour within 2 years.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 27, 2023 09:32

An interesting, shall we say, spin on things with Mick saying he wanted to take the summer off.

They still apparently had that tour booked and ready to be announced in February. Remember the August 1 Philadelphia date that accidentally got posted on Ticketmaster on February 21?

[iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-27 09:36 by Topi.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 29, 2023 05:09

You know they will tour in 2024. In the United States. Football stadiums undoubtedly.

Hopefully before July before it gets too hot.

HACKNEY DIAMONDS will be THE tour of 2024.

Maybe they'll be enthused and do more than 14 shows. New material might persuade them to do more.

Why not? @#$%& it. They know they're getting old. Roll it now onstage, not soon come in some wheelchair.

2024-2026 makes a lot of sense, especially with the follow up album.

Mick said this one would be it. He's not said otherwise.

Perhaps the next new album will be it.

Really picking at math here but that makes more sense, now, than it did a month ago. Given their individual ages... one more album and tour will probably be it. They will not accommodate everyone that wants to see them - either see them where they are or keep your memories and enjoy the music in whatever way but they will hang it up. They won't get to die onstage. They're too big for that - the insurance company etc won't allow it.

The money will dictate that. They're not fools.

Keith:

Ahhh, hehh, you know, I mean, they were afraaaaid of me keeling over, you know? But there's Mick, running around with his stints. BOMP! There's Ronnie, running around with his Swiss cheese head. BOMP! And there's me, youknowwhutImean? 82 years old and still working out with The Rolling Stones! I'm open, you know? In open G, ha ha ha ha ha. As in 'Gee, good to be here, good to be anywhere', haaaaa, you know? Wanna live the long life? Work out with The Rolling Stones. It's 2 hours a gig, mate, you know?

Date: September 29, 2023 10:56

babyblue

At their age it's hard to see why they would now change that model.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-29 11:13 by Topi.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 29, 2023 11:13

Topi
babyblue

At their ages it's hard to see why they would now change that model.

I would rather bet they will do LESS than 14 shows.
Not because of their age, because they don't need to do 14 or more.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: September 29, 2023 11:57

Seems a bit late in the season BUT if limited number of shows like 12-16 quite doable…. Either way good health and we will see them in US this summer.

Stones
Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: September 28, 2023 23:12

I have some info about next year. I know they have a hold on a stadium in late June.

Re: Stones
Posted by: makustone ()
Date: September 28, 2023 23:13

Where?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 23:22

What a great post! You're the greatest ever here on IORR! Honestly, either tell what you know or just be quiet. Everything else IS just selfish.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 28, 2023 23:27

America or Europe?

Date: September 28, 2023 23:33

This poster has previously mentioned having a contact in Chicago, so my guess would be USA

Date: September 28, 2023 23:36

I think it was Little Steven who once tweeted that bands/artists may have a lot venue holds in place, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. (Tried to find the original tweet but didn't, so I'm paraphrasing)

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 23:36

oh my friend.....either you say everything you know...or I invite BV to ban you completely so we can stop talking bullshit.....thanks..

Date: September 28, 2023 23:41

BeastyBurdeny
This poster has previously mentioned having a contact in Chicago, so my guess would be USA

Well, I can say that they were right about Chicago June 30 as being a date on the planned 2023 tour itinerary.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-28 23:49 by Topi.

Date: September 28, 2023 23:57

Topi
BeastyBurdeny

Well, I can say that they were right about Chicago June 30 as being a date on the planned 2023 tour itinerary.

Hey, no dispute from me on the subject! Albeit, I was hoping for an uncharacteristic fall tour, so that you could attend some pre-season NHL games winking smiley

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: September 29, 2023 00:02

hockenheim95
What a great post! You're the greatest ever here on IORR! Honestly, either tell what you know or just be quiet. Everything else IS just selfish.
I wanted to check with BV first. But since you’re being such a little @#$%& Ill tell you now. The answer is Chicago. Believe it or don’t believe it it doesn’t matter to me.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 29, 2023 00:06

Maybe they’re trying to do the same cities/dates for 2024 they had planned for 2023.

Date: September 29, 2023 00:11

NashvilleBlues
Maybe they’re trying to do the same cities/dates for 2024 they had planned for 2023.

Not out of the question. There were some major markets on there. I don't think it will be the exact same list of cities, but some of them might stick.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-29 00:27 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 29, 2023 00:12

hymenlips
hockenheim95
I wanted to check with BV first. But since you’re being such a little @#$%& Ill tell you now. The answer is Chicago. Believe it or don’t believe it it doesn’t matter to me.

Thank you!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 29, 2023 00:40

Makes sense, a Hackey Diamonds US Tour is already shown in the Angry music video.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 29, 2023 00:44

Ok. Works for me. My holidays start in late June and I love the windy city.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 29, 2023 01:31

Thank you hockenheim95 for being a little @#$%&.

Usually that strategy doesn't pay off!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 29, 2023 02:02

hymenlips
I have some info about next year. I know they have a hold on a stadium in late June.

My guess is that they must do something earlier then June '24 to keep in line with all the new single releases and the release of the new record...............

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 29, 2023 18:29

Just replace 23 with 24 then was the plan:

The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2023

Bjornulf

Date: September 29, 2023 19:17

They will not anounce a summer tour earlier than february I guess.. So unless they will do something before that it will take a long long wait for any official news.

Date: September 29, 2023 20:01

bv
Just replace 23 with 24 then was the plan:

The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2023

Logical. It could be argued that those cities are owed shows.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 2, 2023 09:00

PaintMonkeyManBlack
They will not anounce a summer tour earlier than february I guess.. So unless they will do something before that it will take a long long wait for any official news.

I agree February

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home