Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 18, 2023 01:20

Topi

the alleged injury part is missing from your equation

Do what you want with this rumor. In the end, it doesn't matter if the 2023 Summer Tour was cancelled due to a delay in finishing the album and/or an 'injury'. Maybe Mick could write a song about it: "Really wanna tell the truth".

PS: Perhaps it's better not to refresh the health discussion - it quickly leads too far and such discussions are not welcomed on IORR.

PPS: Article by WSJ about the cancelled 2023 Summer Tour - [iorr.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-26 19:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 18, 2023 01:55

Don't get angry with me! grinning smiley

Are you saying you don't believe there was a health issue/an injury to begin with?

What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 02:00 by Topi.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 18, 2023 06:30

I wonder, could they have released the new album in time for the original schedule of the North American Summer tour (June 6 - August 1) even if they had finished the mixing by St. Valentine’s Day and the “injury” had not happened? Manufacturing, marketing, press conference, stage design/making, tour rehearsals etc…bit tight if possible isn’t it? Hard to tell.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 18, 2023 08:15

I wonder if their plan is to release the "second album" that Ronnie mentioned prior to the N/A tour next spring/summer.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 18, 2023 09:14

BeastyBurdeny
I wonder if their plan is to release the "second album" that Ronnie mentioned prior to the N/A tour next spring/summer.

I can’t see it happening but you never know with them.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 18, 2023 13:56

babyblue
BeastyBurdeny

why not

seems they have rediscovered how to create albums quickly and already have two thirds of another album ready to go

they could use the next tour to promote hd and the next album

given there ages it may not be the best idea to wait 3 or 4 years to finish and put out an album that could do in 1

and considering the comments from mick and ronnie they clearly intend to release another album sooner or later

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 18, 2023 14:24

With more albums to come, sure they will tour until 2040 at least.
Awesome.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 18, 2023 15:08

Saying something is one thing. Doing it is another.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 18, 2023 15:30

ProfessorWolf
babyblue
BeastyBurdeny
I wonder if their plan is to release the "second album" that Ronnie confused smileymentioned prior to the N/A tour next spring/summer.

why not

seems they have rediscovered how to create albums quickly and already have two thirds of another album ready to go

given there ages it may not be the best idea to wait 3 or 4 years to finish and put out an album that could do in 1

and considering the comments from mick and ronnie they clearly intend to release another album sooner or later

Rediscovered making albums quickly, 18 years.confused smiley

Date: September 19, 2023 00:15

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
babyblue
BeastyBurdeny
I wonder if their plan is to release the "second album" that Ronnie confused smileymentioned prior to the N/A tour next spring/summer.

why not

what i meant by that is they after deciding to start from scratch where able to put this album together in a few months and get it done by a deadline

so if there properly motivated and have a deadline they can still produce a album in a relatively short period

at least compared to 18 years of tinkering around in the studio occasionally and not really the taking it very seriously

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 00:27

Not sure what a tour of 80 somethings looks like. No way its in Stadiums...which means $$$$$ for tix. I like the albums are coming out and will listen to them.

Date: September 19, 2023 01:15

clapton71

Not sure what a tour of 80 somethings looks like.

It'll look & sound like Berlin Waldbühne (3-Aug-2022). A very good concert - [iorr.org] .

Date: September 19, 2023 01:30

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
babyblue
BeastyBurdeny

why not

what i meant by that is they after deciding to start from scratch where able to put this album together in a few months and get it done by a deadline

so if there properly motivated and have a deadline they can still produce a album in a relatively short period

at least compared to 18 years of tinkering around in the studio occasionally and not really the taking it very seriously

Yes sorry, after listening to the interview i understand what you meant, and agree it's very promising the way they are working recently, more to come. thumbs up

Date: September 19, 2023 03:25

clapton71
Not sure what a tour of 80 somethings looks like. No way its in Stadiums...which means $$$$$ for tix. I like the albums are coming out and will listen to them.

well it was gonna be stadiums this summer before it was canceled

although i'd prefer them to do smaller venues it seems mick prefers stadiums

so going forward i doubt that would change

Vegas Residency?
Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: September 17, 2023 19:15

Just wondering if the Stones would ever consider this scenery, ala U2 doing it now, and other rock bands have done so (Aerosmith?).

Re: Vegas Residency?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 17, 2023 22:15

Already asked and answered, your honor:

[iorr.org]

smoking smiley

My prediction: Stones residency at the LV Sphere next year
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: September 5, 2023 22:11

U2 is working out all the bugs now and they play shows there 'till the end of this year.

The place holds 18,600. Adele plays 2 nights a week at the Colesseum at Caesar's Palace. The place is dark 5 nights a week. The Sphere could do 2 Stones shows a week.

The boys would likely do a trim 90 minute show. (C'mon, give 'em a break. They aren't 30 any more. Or 40, or 50...)

Figure 2 Hackneys, 2 Keith, 9 warhorses + 2 nuggets each night. (Monkey Man please!)

This is just my wild ass crazy prediction. But if you think about it, it may not be so crazy...

Re: My prediction: Stones residency at the LV Sphere next year
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 5, 2023 22:44

This was exactly what I was thinking. I think the touring days are over to be honest. They can still stay in LA and commute in and out every 4 days.

14 shows or maybe 7 here and 7 somewhere else.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 5, 2023 23:02

Interesting idea. Why not?

I personally think that Mick really likes traveling. He always takes pictures, loves languages and seeing stuff. And they can still do it once more I think.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 5, 2023 23:13

There's talk of one in London...

Re: My prediction: Stones residency at the LV Sphere
Date: September 5, 2023 23:30

Dan

14 shows or maybe 7 here and 7 somewhere else.

Or 12 shows in total: 4x LA/LV, 4x NYC, 4x London .... if the touring days are over.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 6, 2023 00:20

I still think it's a '72 Avatar show they'll do next

Date: September 6, 2023 01:02

It would be a good idea, probably easier for the band especially if it was a London venue and the band could all go home after each show.

Date: September 6, 2023 01:09

Didn't Mick state they would tour in 2024?

Maybe they'll set up shows in a couple of cities so we have to travel to see them. I am ok with this. I've been doing it since 78.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 6, 2023 01:40

Wishful thinking but sorry I dont see it happening.
Do you really think Keef or any of the Stones want to spend an extended amount of time in Vegas? eye popping smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 6, 2023 02:40

I could see a couple "mini" residencies happening in NY and Vegas, as rumored, easily.

I doubt they'd be reoccurring.
More like a couple/few weeks in each locale, with like 6-7 shows in each.

Would love it, personally.

Posted by: martin0113 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 02:53

How about a residency at he new CO OP LIVE ARENA in Manchester. It holds 23,500

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 03:22

I've been trying to come up with any new stadiums/arenas that have been since the '21 US tour, or places that they haven't played yet.......... Those will likely be on any itinerary.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: September 6, 2023 04:25

There not gonna do a residency anywhere as long as there health is ok they will tour.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 6, 2023 04:41

I would suspect that a residency in Vegas would be very hard on Mick's throat.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home