Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22
Re: ANGRY - new Stones single and video
Date: September 19, 2023 20:01

stanlove
MadMetaphoricalMax
stanlove
One thing I noticed is the official Youtube video had 13 million views the day sfter it was released and now only 15 million. People are not going back to listen to it again because it’s not a good song.

Still makes no sense to push the media blitz 6 weeks before the album is released.

Looking back through this thread, around page 6, one poster reports it has had "9.8 million YouTube views in less than two days" - not 13m. So since those first few days of peak viewership, it's added another 5.2 million views, which isn't too shabby....!
Today I bought some new headphones which are a considerable upgrade on my old ones, and to me it sounds brilliant. When you get to the first guitar solo, and when the handclaps come in, it just hits overdrive to become a pure peak Stones on a mega roll - hitting all seven of the rock n roll chakras, from crown to root - it's the kind of noise that has you racing round the room like a demented cat.
OK I'll get me hat.

Wrong. It had 13 million after 2 days. It doesn’t matter what ut had in less than 2 days.

I'm not sure you're as right as you're sure you are, Statty McStat Face.
Exactly two days after release, on the afternoon of 8 Sept, there were 10 million on YT.

Nevertheless, I'm loving it, whatever the mithering moaners dredging as much negativity as they can from a late great Stones release have to say about it all.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 20:13

Agreed, and I think the 2nd half of the song is where it's really at!!! Can't wait to hear it live!!!

Posted by: mkbbcmr ()
Date: September 20, 2023 10:35

As for all the YouTube, iTunes, Spotify et. al. statistics: I couldn't care less. Don't use any of those myself, anyway. In fact, I don't listen to digital crap. At all. So for me it was the 7"single, which kicked off the "Angry" sensation and it never left my turntable since. Brill! Well, to be honest it did take a while, a dozen spins or so, but then I was hooked completely. Only complaints: I don't like the sleeve artwork and 45s without flipsides should be banned. Etching? What a waste.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 20, 2023 10:55

mkbbcmr

I don't listen to digital crap. At all.

Do you still believe that Vinyl is cut entirely from analogue tape? That the tracks were recorded & mixed completely analogue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-20 11:05 by Irix.

Date: September 20, 2023 11:09

No, of course not. It's just mastered for vinyl. And that's what I love: vinyl records. Hate CDs. Simple as that.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 20, 2023 12:20

Did Angry crack the Billboard Hot 100? I had brief look yesterday, but didn't spot it. I know they haven't fared well on this chart - or even entered it, for that matter - in recent years, but I'd have thought it would, at least, sneak-in somewhere amongst the bottom entries.

Date: September 20, 2023 12:21

Irix
mkbbcmr

I don't listen to digital crap. At all.

Do you still believe that Vinyl is cut entirely from analogue tape? That the tracks were recorded & mixed completely analogue?

Rollin' Stone being the exception on HD, of course smiling smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 20, 2023 12:39

Big Al
Did Angry crack the Billboard Hot 100? I had brief look yesterday, but didn't spot it. I know they haven't fared well on this chart - or even entered it, for that matter - in recent years, but I'd have thought it would, at least, sneak-in somewhere amongst the bottom entries.

Not at all, not even Bubbling Under (Ghost Town charted there at #106 for a week)

So far it charts at #32 on the Hot Rock & Alternative Songs (sales/airplay/streaming), #25 on Adult Alternative Airplay, #42 on Rock & Alternative Airplay and #28 on Digital Songs Sales.

In the UK the single is a Hit: #34 on the Top 40, #11 on Radio Airplay and #2 on Singles Sales.
The only low point: it didn't chart on the Top 100 streaming chart, that affected the final position in the Top 40, with better numbers in streaming it could have been Top 30 or even Top 20.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 20, 2023 12:45

georgelicks
Big Al

Not at all, not even Bubbling Under (Ghost Town charted there at #106 for a week)

So far it charts at #32 on the Hot Rock & Alternative Songs (sales/airplay/streaming), #25 on Adult Alternative Airplay, #42 on Rock & Alternative Airplay and #28 on Digital Songs Sales.

In the UK the single is a Hit: #34 on the Top 40, #11 on Radio Airplay and #2 on Singles Sales.
The only low point: it didn't chart on the Top 100 streaming chart, that affected the final position in the Top 40, with better numbers in streaming it could have been Top 30 or even Top 20.

Thanks, georgelicks. I blame my fellow posters: if they'd have been streaming Angry, instead of purchasing a sole vinyl copy, perhaps it may have charted higher, or even entered Billboard! winking smiley

Date: September 20, 2023 12:46

Big Al
georgelicks
Big Al

Thanks, georgelicks. I blame my fellow posters: if they'd have been streaming Angry, instead of purchasing a sole vinyl copy, perhaps it may have charted higher, or even entered Billboard! winking smiley

Guilty as charged. No apologies, though.

Date: September 20, 2023 13:05

DandelionPowderman

As far as I know, it was recorded on tape to get the 'vintage effect' - but the rest (mixing/mastering, etc) could also be digital.

Date: September 20, 2023 13:08

Irix
DandelionPowderman

As far as I know, it was recorded on tape to get the 'vintage effect' - but the rest (mixing/mastering, etc) could also be digital.

Could be. Only three tracks to mix, though (vocal harp and guitar), so they could have done it old school.

I am a little Angry
Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: September 19, 2023 14:39

Today I received the 7', the 10' and the single cd. Vinyls are made in Republic Check, no problem with that. The problem is that the records are covered in dust, I am a Stones vinyl maniac.
what can we trust in this new world?

(interesting sentence this could be a title for a new song for the 2040 album) right Mick?

Re: I am a little Angry
Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 14:51

In record washing machine !?

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 19, 2023 15:03

Hardly ever I don't need to wet-clean new vinyl (I clean every record anyway)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 15:14

Are you sure it's dust and not powder? smoking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 19, 2023 15:17

JMARCOU
Today I received the 7', the 10' and the single cd. Vinyls are made in Republic Check, no problem with that. The problem is that the records are covered in dust, I am a Stones vinyl maniac.

(interesting sentence this could be a title for a new song for the 2040 album) right Mick?

ha this is funny but i just posted today about when i bought the doom and gloom 10" when it was new it was covered in dust as well

and same thing happened when i got el mocambo

seems the quality control isn't always great with vinyl nowadays

oh well

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 19, 2023 15:31

JMARCOU

A little dust is the least of our worries in this new world that's completely upside down back to front and inside out winking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 19, 2023 15:53

With new vinyl these days we have to consider ourselves lucky if the disc is round, flat and the hole is in the middle .

All three today would be very unusual !

A lot of record manufacturing expertise was lost with vinyl's first near demise ...and it would seem that not very much is being relearned today.

The industry doesn't care about vinyl as a quality medium for music any more...it's little more than a money spinning novelty collectable to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 15:56 by Spud.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 19, 2023 16:33

Dust is the most common problem I would say, followed by warps. All this this for a handsome price.winking smiley

Date: September 19, 2023 17:01

Spud
With new vinyl these days we have to consider ourselves lucky if the disc is round, flat and the hole is in the middle .

A lot of record manufacturing expertise was lost with vinyl's first near demise ...and it would seem that not very much is being relearned today.

The industry doesn't care about vinyl as a quality medium for music any more...it's little more than a money spinning novelty collectable to them.

I agree. Luckily, the Angry 10" single looks and sounds marvellous thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 19, 2023 17:25

We are all dust in the wind

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 19, 2023 18:06

JMARCOU
The problem is that the records are covered in dust

I think they were pressed in Morocco and well... you can imagine the rest of the story, n’est-ce pas?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 20, 2023 17:07

Truly love Steve Jordan's drumming on Angry. He was able to provide Charlie Watts dynamics, but remaining himself. And Keith's lines feel like a natural fit in Steve's groove. Crosseyed sessions gave birth to a great rhythm section!

C

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 20, 2023 18:56

frankotero
Dust is the most common problem I would say, followed by warps. All this this for a handsome price.winking smiley

Mine arrived dust free but with mustard on it, which I’m not “angry” about cuz with everyone working two jobs these days the guy probably had to cram a sandwich in while he was working

Date: September 20, 2023 19:14

Mustard, that's because they were made in Germanywinking smiley

Date: September 20, 2023 20:20

frankotero

Dust is the most common problem I would say, followed by warps.

Here's an interesting article about the actual Vinyl pressing quality - [www.Vinyl-fan.de] - (in German).

Date: September 20, 2023 20:43

Thanks lrix, as always I like your posts. But I have to say I don't agree with the quality control considering high prices. Anyhow, if we're willing to buy this stuff we have to accept the risks. That's how I see it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2023 21:45

Spud

I've bought a lot of new vinyl over the past few years and have found most pressings to be absolutely spectacular, better than in the past, particularly those flimsy pressings from the 70s.

But that of course I can only speak for my experience.

Date: September 20, 2023 22:21

treaclefingers, I'm also impressed by your posts usually as well. But I have to say my experience is the opposite. Especially with German pressings. No way the new pressings can stand up to second hand German records from the 70s. Not even close in my opinion. And much cheaper too.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home