Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Unreleased live album-1972. Anyone ever seen a copy of it?
Date: August 31, 2023 12:02

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
They started the broadcast with two slow numbers?

Well, the original Keep Your Motor Running vinyl bootleg from the early 80's (1983?) has the following running order:

A1 All Down The Line
A2 Bitch
A3 Sweet Virginia
A4 Tumbling Dice
B1 Bye Bye Johnny
B2 Rip This Joint
B3 Gimme Shelter
B4 You Can't Always Get What You Want

Makes a bit more sense keeping in mind that it was going to be a single album (by omitting Brown Sugar, Happy, Uptight/Satisfaction).

As this vinyl bootleg contains overdubbed tracks, it was obviously not dubbed from the WMMS broadcast as there's no way that WMMS could have overdubbed tracks within a couple of weeks after the tour in August, when any overdub sessions supposedly did not happen before October.

It's more likely that the WMMS broadcast was a mere compilation of tracks that were chosen for further work, hence the random running order that has nothing to do with a finalised LP tracklist.

Therefore, Nico's entry should better read:

"Broadcast of a compilation of tracks chosen for the unreleased 1972 tour live-album" instead of misleading into thinking that the broadcast was in fact the finalised album.

That makes more sense, indeed.

I don't have Keep Your Motor Running, but these tracks are also available in the Rattlesnake box, methinks. At least there are some renditions there with obvious overdubs.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 31, 2023 12:07

GasLightStreet

They took January of 1974 off!

Well, Jagger started mixing the tapes they had recorded in November in Munich...

Mathijs

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: September 1, 2023 15:47

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: September 1, 2023 19:23

kevinkamphuis
[www.worthpoint.com]

title 7 "Let it rock" ???

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 1, 2023 19:54

Dorn
kevinkamphuis
[www.worthpoint.com]

Looking at the running time (5:00) I suppose it's actually two tracks - Bye Bye Johnny / Rip This Joint.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 2, 2023 11:39

retired_dog
Dorn
kevinkamphuis
[www.worthpoint.com]

Looking at the running time (5:00) I suppose it's actually two tracks - Bye Bye Johnny / Rip This Joint.

If it is the Cleveland broadcast, Bye Bye Johnny should not be on the tape.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 3, 2023 08:27

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
They started the broadcast with two slow numbers?

Well, the original Keep Your Motor Running vinyl bootleg from the early 80's (1983?) has the following running order:

A1 All Down The Line
A2 Bitch
A3 Sweet Virginia
A4 Tumbling Dice
B1 Bye Bye Johnny
B2 Rip This Joint
B3 Gimme Shelter
B4 You Can't Always Get What You Want

Makes a bit more sense keeping in mind that it was going to be a single album (by omitting Brown Sugar, Happy, Uptight/Satisfaction).

As this vinyl bootleg contains overdubbed tracks, it was obviously not dubbed from the WMMS broadcast as there's no way that WMMS could have overdubbed tracks within a couple of weeks after the tour in August, when any overdub sessions supposedly did not happen before October.

It's more likely that the WMMS broadcast was a mere compilation of tracks that were chosen for further work, hence the random running order that has nothing to do with a finalised LP tracklist.

Therefore, Nico's entry should better read:

"Broadcast of a compilation of tracks chosen for the unreleased 1972 tour live-album" instead of misleading into thinking that the broadcast was in fact the finalised album.

a little off topic

but could you or someone else please point me to where i could download the vinyl bootleg you mentioned in your post?

i have some of the various "lost 72 live album" boots but would really like to hear this one

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 4, 2023 10:34

Sorry to go all collector-completist on the thread but are the tracks on Keep Your Motor Running the same as those on Very Ancient, Thank You Kindly?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 4, 2023 11:24

Father Ted
Sorry to go all collector-completist on the thread but are the tracks on Keep Your Motor Running the same as those on Very Ancient, Thank You Kindly?

Very Ancient has Happy missing, and KYMR is better quality.

Mathijs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-04 11:28 by Mathijs.

Re: Unreleased live album-1972. Anyone ever seen a copy of it?smiling smiley
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 5, 2023 00:03

exilestones

I also thought LYL would be a stronger album if it was a single album but I’m glad to have all of the tracks!

Very interesting. And I agree.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home