Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 14, 2023 14:42

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 14, 2023 14:47

Rockman
Fanks Irix ..... Its a good read .....

concur...fanf*ckingtastic. They're 3/4s of the way through the next album as well.

Damn this is good news, especially after hearing the not-supposed-to-be-released songs yesterday.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 14, 2023 14:52

LorenzAgain
Jagger said, “I don’t think it’s the last Rolling Stones album. We’ve got almost three-quarters through the next one.”

Yes!

Haha he never changes does he? The past is boring to him, he only likes what's still to come.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 14, 2023 14:54

angee
JadedFaded
peoplewitheyes
I love this Colombian 'flash mob'-style video

¡Está Chingón!

[fb.watch]

The Stones should hire these kids for their next video. They really captured the energy of the song!

Love the dancers/flash mob! Really nice.

(Still haven't heard songs 2 and 3 either.)

May I second that? It's not my first idea to do this, but I am very happy to see that all those kids had fun with this!

And it really is quite nicely done - and as I'm no expert to see the difference to a prof. production: I find this even better!! YES, the Stones should use stuff and staff like this - they always had a good relationship with their fans and this nos must be the third (or fourth) generation of it!??

GREAT JOB, folks!!

Pardon if I'm late on this one - I'm on my usual morning read and try to catch up, hehehe ...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:03

Thanks for posting the New York Times article, lrix.

Credit to Jon Pareles for the interview and Thea Traff for the photos

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:04

great article from the NYT, thanks for posting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 15:58 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:06

FC Barcelona with Stones tongue in uniforms.

[www.poresto.net]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:25

Topi
Interestingly, the article also says:

"A tour was put off, delayed by the lag in pressing vinyl and by stadiums already booked for Beyoncé and Taylor Swift tours"

As well as "Near the end of the sessions, they even completed writing one song — “Driving Me Too Hard” — in a room together, as they had in their early years"

Another "lie" obvious to anyone with eyes (picture in B&L booklet) and 30 years ago we wouldn't have known better. TG for the internet!

I'm still hoping DMTH is that devilish groove previewed by Mick in that harmonica snippet from 2018.

EDIT - ok it says "completed" but still...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:27

HardRiffin
Irix
GS1978

Great article in the New York Times.

The Rolling Stones Start Up Again

(SNIP!)

[www.NYTimes.com]

Many thanks smileys with beer

Woah - that's definitely more than just a good read.
Finally, I find, the band gets due credit... really a nice thing to read.

Are we some bunch of incredably f**ing lucky fans or what!???
smileys with beer

Posted by: ziggenpuss ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:28

I did the same order and got the single today in a seperate package.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:29

My email is public if anyone is able to help me out to hear these. Would be greatly appreciated

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:30

LorenzAgain
Jagger said, “I don’t think it’s the last Rolling Stones album. We’ve got almost three-quarters through the next one.”

Yes!

Awesome.
Hope they will tour in 2026, 2027 and 2028 to promote this one !!!
Can't wait.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 15:30 by powerage78.

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:42

I missed the link but a PM is always welcomed

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:53

Rockman
a loud, cantankerous, unrepentant collection of new songs

Hey man I like that .........

Yep...that's exactly what we want

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 14, 2023 16:20

So, according to Mick in the NYT piece, they needed the spur of a deadline to finally finish the album. But Keith’s been saying since last week that the album got finished because “when the singer wants to record, you record him!”

Doesn’t quite add up.

Right after Crosseyed Heart came out, Keith was saying he hoped the album would give him “leverage”: “Come on, Rolling Stones [read: Mick].”

Now Mick is saying he whipped them down the stretch!

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 14, 2023 16:42

MelBelli
So, according to Mick in the NYT piece, they needed the spur of a deadline to finally finish the album. But Keith’s been saying since last week that the album got finished because “when the singer wants to record, you record him!”

Doesn’t quite add up.

Right after Crosseyed Heart came out, Keith was saying he hoped the album would give him “leverage”: “Come on, Rolling Stones [read: Mick].”

Keith‘s usual stories winking smiley

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 16:44

The process described in the NYT is pretty reassuring. It's good to hear most of the album was recorded over a relatively short period of time (though I'm guessing some or most of the songs had been kicked around for a while) rather than being warmed-over odds and ends from the past twenty years. It was clear from the outside they needed some kind of deadline and sense of urgency or they'd never get it done.

As for the album after that being "three quarters ready", well that's more or less what they'd been saying about what is now Hackney Diamonds. So a new deadline and kick in the behind is in order. What about Valentine's Day 2024 ? Would it be the first time the Stones tour off of not one but two new albums ? winking smiley

I do like Depending on You and Get Close. A nice relaxed yet driven groove. The bark at the end of DOY cracked me up.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 14, 2023 17:11

MelBelli

Doesn’t quite add up.

Don't know why you think that those two statements can't go together.
They didn't work for years on the album - most of it (10 songs) were recorded and finished in 3 months. Before that they did just occasional sessions that obviously didn't create all too good stuff.

So when Mick wanted to record before Christmas 2022 Keith went along with it. Then they set "valentines day" as a deadline (according to Mick) and finished the album until then.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 14, 2023 17:12

I think maybe Keith's latest comment about the singer being ready to record, (to which Mick responded, on Fallon, "you never told me that") is perhaps confounded with his earlier remarks that if the singer doesn't want to do the song, it doesn't get finished or recorded.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 17:16

Not that this will be news to anyone here, but the band has released their official press release with their "official" word on the album...

The Rolling Stones today reveal the full track list of their hugely anticipated new album, Hackney Diamonds, to be released October 20th on Geffen Records. Album opener, the recently released single “Angry,” is followed by a further 11 tracks. Late drummer Charlie Watts is featured on two tracks, “Mess It Up” and “Live By The Sword.” “Live By The Sword” additionally features bass from former Stones bassist Bill Wyman. “Sweet Sounds Of Heaven” featuring vocals from Lady Gaga and keys & piano from Stevie Wonder, “Bite My Head Off” with bass from Paul McCartney, and “Get Close” and ‘Live By The Sword’” with piano from Elton John.

HACKNEY DIAMONDS TRACKLIST

ANGRY

GET CLOSE

DEPENDING ON YOU

BITE MY HEAD OFF

WHOLE WIDE WORLD

DREAMY SKIES

MESS IT UP

LIVE BY THE SWORD

DRIVING ME TOO HARD

TELL ME STRAIGHT

SWEET SOUNDS OF HEAVEN

ROLLING STONE BLUES

The 12-track album, was recorded in various locations around the world, including Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles; Metropolis Studios, London; Sanctuary Studios, Nassau, Bahamas; Electric Lady Studios, New York; and The Hit Factory/Germano Studios, also in New York.

Last week The Stones launched the album at a globally live streamed event from Hackney Empire in East London. The live stream was followed by the premiere of the video for “Angry” staring actress Sydney Sweeney which to date has had over 14 million views. Watch the video for “Angry” here.

Hackney Diamonds is their first studio set of new material since 2005's A Bigger Bang. Since then, the Stones have continued to smash box office records on a series of global sell-out tours and released 2016's GRAMMY® Award winning Blue & Lonesome, which featured their brilliant versions of many of the blues tracks that helped shape their sound, and topped album charts around the world. Last year, they thrilled European audiences totalling nearly a quarter of a million on the anniversary Sixty tour.

Hackney Diamonds marks The Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood) first album produced by producer and musician Andrew Watt.

Date: September 14, 2023 17:18

StonedRambler
MelBelli

Doesn’t quite add up.

They didn't work for years on the album - most of it (10 songs) were recorded and finished in 3 months. Before that they did just occasional sessions that obviously didn't create all too good stuff.

So when Mick wanted to record before Christmas 2022 Keith went along with it. Then they set "valentines day" as a deadline (according to Mick) and finished the album until then.

They don’t add up because it’s plainly obvious that Keith would have been ready to finish the album in 2016 or 17 or 18 or 19. Same with Ronnie. There are only three principals left. It’s not like herding cats. They finished the album because Mick decided he wanted to finish the album.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 17:21

It sounds like the singer said "Enough is enough. We need to get the album past the finish line or we'll all be dead before it's out."

Bringing in a new producer with no experience or baggage with the band also sounds like a good idea. His job was just to get the damn thing done and not get caught up in band shenanigans and ditherings. His idea for the sound of the album seems about right : straightforward with a bit of oomph.

It's sort of interesting the Stones never went the Rick Rubin route (giving cachet and weightiness to wizened old artists). Musing on mortality has never been Mick's thing has it.

Date: September 14, 2023 17:33

LorenzAgain
MelBelli

Doesn’t quite add up.

Keith‘s usual stories winking smiley

Crosseyed Heart isn’t a story.

“That ain’t Stones; put it put yourself” isn’t a story.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 14, 2023 17:34

Probably because he reportedly got along pretty badly with Mick during WS. Also if you read the Black Crowesbdrummer's book he mostly sits around the studio doing nothing...reminds you of anyone?

I wonder how that conversation sent with Don Was, did he get a call/email from Joyce Smity like Taylor in 2015?

Best move they've made in decades anyway, going with a guy who wanted to make them sound huge!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 14, 2023 17:38

roller99
Not that this will be news to anyone here, but the band has released their official press release with their "official" word on the album...

The Rolling Stones today reveal the full track list of their hugely anticipated new album, Hackney Diamonds, to be released October 20th on Geffen Records. Album opener, the recently released single “Angry,” is followed by a further 11 tracks. Late drummer Charlie Watts is featured on two tracks, “Mess It Up” and “Live By The Sword.” “Live By The Sword” additionally features bass from former Stones bassist Bill Wyman. “Sweet Sounds Of Heaven” featuring vocals from Lady Gaga and keys & piano from Stevie Wonder, “Bite My Head Off” with bass from Paul McCartney, and “Get Close” and ‘Live By The Sword’” with piano from Elton John.

ANGRY

GET CLOSE

DEPENDING ON YOU

BITE MY HEAD OFF

WHOLE WIDE WORLD

DREAMY SKIES

MESS IT UP

LIVE BY THE SWORD

DRIVING ME TOO HARD

TELL ME STRAIGHT

SWEET SOUNDS OF HEAVEN

ROLLING STONE BLUES

The 12-track album, was recorded in various locations around the world, including Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles; Metropolis Studios, London; Sanctuary Studios, Nassau, Bahamas; Electric Lady Studios, New York; and The Hit Factory/Germano Studios, also in New York.

Last week The Stones launched the album at a globally live streamed event from Hackney Empire in East London. The live stream was followed by the premiere of the video for “Angry” staring actress Sydney Sweeney which to date has had over 14 million views. Watch the video for “Angry” here.

Hackney Diamonds is their first studio set of new material since 2005's A Bigger Bang. Since then, the Stones have continued to smash box office records on a series of global sell-out tours and released 2016's GRAMMY® Award winning Blue & Lonesome, which featured their brilliant versions of many of the blues tracks that helped shape their sound, and topped album charts around the world. Last year, they thrilled European audiences totalling nearly a quarter of a million on the anniversary Sixty tour.

Hackney Diamonds marks The Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood) first album produced by producer and musician Andrew Watt.

With this official word, I officially stand corrected.
I have to admit, my heart sank when I heard Fallon read aloud the new song titles. I couldn’t believe they were real, and I still maintain that they’re pretty dreadfully bad. But the songs themselves sound great so far, and that’s what matters.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 17:42

MelBelli
StonedRambler
MelBelli

Doesn’t quite add up.

They don’t add up because it’s plainly obvious that Keith would have been ready to finish the album in 2016 or 17 or 18 or 19. Same with Ronnie. There are only three principals left. It’s not like herding cats. They finished the album because Mick decided he wanted to finish the album.

They probably finished the album after finding someone to bridge the Mick and Keith divide over songs.

Also we know Jagger presents pretty much all ready to go demos so just how unfinished could these 2015-2019 tracks be? They are long past the days and nights of jamming for hrs waiting for Mick to add vocals.

The NYT article is pretty much a PR piece for the RS and the truth is found between the lines.

Date: September 14, 2023 17:58

"
But then there’s an epilogue: a Jagger-Richards duet on the Muddy Waters blues that gave the band its name: “Rolling Stone Blues.” It’s just Jagger’s voice and harmonica and Richards’s guitar, unadorned in real time, circling back to the love of the blues that brought them together as teenagers. It could be a career postscript or a reaffirmation.

“There were six takes total,” Watt said. “The one that made the record is take four. And as they went through each take, they moved closer and closer together. Closer and closer.”

"

This answers the question on the arrangement of Rolling Stone Blues. Just Mick and Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 17:59 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 14, 2023 18:10

How the Rolling Stones Finally Got It Together and Made a Great New Album

Mick, Keith, Ronnie, and special guest Stevie Wonder break down the star-packed Hackney Diamonds, an album the Stones only could have made now

By Kory Grow
September 14, 2023

Mark Seliger

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: September 14, 2023 18:12

MelBelli
StonedRambler
MelBelli

Doesn’t quite add up.

I believe that such "blitzkrieg" sessions as Keith describes them were probably not possible with Charlie during the recent years. Mick just might have realized that now with Steve being well integrated into the band the time has come to do some really intense sessions. It's not like they "finished the album", they actually did the whole thing during this three month peroid.

So Keith's statement fits quite well - if Mick now is ready to do some really intense sessions then he is too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 18:13 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 14, 2023 18:20

roller99

Track order 'confirmed' by [Music.Apple.com] , also by [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Nice animated cover artwork on Apple Music.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 20:15 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2170
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home