Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 12, 2023 13:42

There's a guy round the corner will do a quickie with lube without reservations..... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2023 13:52

Sneaky Dick's pop-up garage ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 12, 2023 14:03

Rockman

Of course it's Keith taking credit!

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: September 12, 2023 14:10

kovach
StonedRambler
waterrats
I will definitely buy a disk-format, for I try to stream as less as possible (CO2-reasons). I've got more than 1000 of my beloved songs on memory cards I use on my devices - and those from the new album will add to this! smiling bouncing smiley

You can download every album you want via Spotify or Apple Music, then the album is being played from your device and not from the server.

Not to mention you can include songs not on Spotify but in your personal collection in your playlists that are only playable if you download the Spotify playlists. About 1/3 of my collection is not on Spotify. Plus if you're in a remote area without internet you still are able to play everything.

I am curious though as I've never thought about the carbon footprint of streaming...trying to wrap my mind around the creation and distribution of physical media having a lesser impact.

I have a Sonos system where I can play Spotity, but also my music collection from an external hard drive in FLAC (or MP3) format. I need to switch on my laptop so that Sonos can stream from my Hard Drive by WiFi.
Sonos has also an anologe interface where I have connected my CD player and Record Player. Cassette Deck can also be connected to this analogue box

So, all my available music can be streamed via the Sonos system.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: z ()
Date: September 12, 2023 14:20

Topi
Rockman

Of course it's Keith taking credit!

In fact he said "We", not "I".
Those transcripts are full of mistakes.

Date: September 12, 2023 14:36

Yeah correct he does say "We" not I ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 12, 2023 15:07

mrfancyman
kovach
StonedRambler
waterrats
I will definitely buy a disk-format, for I try to stream as less as possible (CO2-reasons). I've got more than 1000 of my beloved songs on memory cards I use on my devices - and those from the new album will add to this! smiling bouncing smiley

You can download every album you want via Spotify or Apple Music, then the album is being played from your device and not from the server.

Not to mention you can include songs not on Spotify but in your personal collection in your playlists that are only playable if you download the Spotify playlists. About 1/3 of my collection is not on Spotify. Plus if you're in a remote area without internet you still are able to play everything.

I am curious though as I've never thought about the carbon footprint of streaming...trying to wrap my mind around the creation and distribution of physical media having a lesser impact.

I have a Sonos system where I can play Spotity, but also my music collection from an external hard drive in FLAC (or MP3) format. I need to switch on my laptop so that Sonos can stream from my Hard Drive by WiFi.
Sonos has also an anologe interface where I have connected my CD player and Record Player. Cassette Deck can also be connected to this analogue box

Mr.Ed

I have all my CDs (some 18k songs) ripped in a WMA format because at the time I started doing that it had better sound than MP3. And all are on my Sony walkman digital music player.

I also have Spotify on there and all of them I could find through Spotify and those I couldn't added from my own music files though it was a pain as I had to convert them to MP3 first as Spotify doesn't work with WMA.

Then all my playlists downloaded to the device, which I use Bluetooth to connect to my home theater so I can play through the speakers in my home and on the connected speakers on my patio.

I also have them downloaded through Spotify on my phone so my entire music collection is available through Android Auto in my car.

Once you download the playlists they automatically stay in sync.

All because my family didn't have enough music to listen to on trips because I had about 10X the CDs they had and they got tired of hearing mostly my music and wanted something they could get a bunch of music quickly and cheaply. I did talk them into getting rid of SiriusXM though in all 3 cars if I got the Spotify family plan so the cost was a bit of a wash.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 12, 2023 15:08

Love Mick's scrut and pointing at 3.28 on the video, now that's really cool man smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 12, 2023 15:15

Rockman

Question to Rockman: do you have this picture where a Japanese tried to write down the English lyrics from the sung words? That gave a very funny result.

Posted by: z ()
Date: September 12, 2023 15:36

Irix
Rockman

Question to Rockman: do you have this picture where a Japanese tried to write down the English lyrics from the sung words? That gave a very funny result.

Connection thread - page 24

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: September 12, 2023 16:00

There is a possibility of buying the CarnabyHackney Diamonds since I didn't find out yesterday even though I am subscribed to the web or I have to pay more 400 euros in discogs oops very horrible people a solution

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: September 12, 2023 18:02

What website are people buying this CD signal and 7 and 10 inch vinyl from. The US website says only available on 10/20 and the UK website wont let me ship to the USA. thanks for the help.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 12, 2023 18:51

Bravado in Germany for the 7" in my case. They advertise the others too.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 12, 2023 19:10

MisterDDDD
Somehow missed this..

"The alternate titles for the album were “Hit and Run” and “Smash and Grab,” Richards said.
[variety.com]

Decent alternatives, but glad they went with Hackney Diamonds, much better imo.

At least they're consistent about their tentative titles: if I recall correctly, Dirty Work was made under the working title of Blood and Guts.

Date: September 12, 2023 19:15

z

Connection thread - page 24

Thanks. But as far as I can remember there was another one some years ago, probably handwritten by a Japanese fan on a file card, in bad English.

(The lyrics on pg. 24 in that thread seem to be more due to 'censorship', similar to the Spanish Sticky Fingers LP)

Date: September 12, 2023 19:20

jason8903

What website are people buying this CD single and 7 and 10 inch vinyl from.

CD-Single - [www.Amazon.co.uk] , 10" Vinyl - [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

The 7" red Vinyl-Single is exclusive to Universal Music's own stores like [www.Bravado.de] , [Platenzaak.nl] , [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] or [TheSoundOfVinyl.com].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-12 19:40 by Irix.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 12, 2023 19:28

peoplewitheyes
I didn't say it's hard to make a 7-min song, I said it's hard to make a long song worth listening to!

I'm not sure the Stones have many 7-min songs in their oeuvre (excluding live, obvs)

A somewhat belated reply: my point was that if you can make a good 5 min song, you can turn that good song into a 7 min song as well without changing so much that it would turn into a bad song. (I was reasoning somewhere along those lines, or so winking smiley )

But yes, the Stones have rather many 7 min songs, as others have pointed out already in the meantime.

Date: September 12, 2023 20:00

mick64

There is a possibility of buying the Carnaby Hackney Diamonds

When the next sales campaign starts .... maybe also on 20th October.

Date: September 12, 2023 20:43

kovach
mrfancyman
kovach
StonedRambler
waterrats

Mr.Ed

I have all my CDs (some 18k songs) ripped in a WMA format because at the time I started doing that it had better sound than MP3. And all are on my Sony walkman digital music player.

I also have Spotify on there and all of them I could find through Spotify and those I couldn't added from my own music files though it was a pain as I had to convert them to MP3 first as Spotify doesn't work with WMA.

Then all my playlists downloaded to the device, which I use Bluetooth to connect to my home theater so I can play through the speakers in my home and on the connected speakers on my patio.

I also have them downloaded through Spotify on my phone so my entire music collection is available through Android Auto in my car.

All because my family didn't have enough music to listen to on trips because I had about 10X the CDs they had and they got tired of hearing mostly my music and wanted something they could get a bunch of music quickly and cheaply. I did talk them into getting rid of SiriusXM though in all 3 cars if I got the Spotify family plan so the cost was a bit of a wash.

Fascinated by this. I'm hoping to get, basically a giant iPod that is a piece of stereo equipment in which I can insert a card up to 25T I think it is? to hold the music digitally. Then I'd like to get like a mini iPad or something to be able to scroll thru it all on that as a type of digital checklist of all my music. Sort of like how Hitch in the movie Hitch controls everything from that one iPad-like thing that Eva Mendes holds and is turning on/off different items in his place.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 12, 2023 20:52

kovach
mrfancyman
kovach
StonedRambler
waterrats

Mr.Ed

That Sonos thing seems to be a cool item to me!

When I'm with my colleagues at work, they stream playlists all day long and all have 2 or 3 movie and series streaming contracts each at home.
>This really puzzles me - I can't imagine where the heck I could find the time to see and listen all this stuff to. I just don't have the time for all that. I'm getting old and time is precious.

All my CDs are digitalized, that's true and the 1000 or so songs I always have with me is just the best of, sort of. I like to listen to those songs in random shuffle mode, if you know what I mean. So there's enough music around at any time with almost no CO2 emission, hehehe.

Apart from that, I'm a news junkey and like to listen to serious public news radio stations - by FM wave, hehehe ...

So the Stones have to wait until I buy the new record - then my act will count. Hope that's ok? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: September 12, 2023 23:15

NashvilleBlues
VoodooLounge13
Dorn
Irix
DandelionPowderman

If so, it'll be an edit. The Album track is 7 minutes +.

7+ mins could fit on the 10" Vinyl (as well as on CD).

sure would fit but 7+ mins won´t be any good for radio play
and i doubt that a 2nd single would be released just 3 or 4 weeks after the 1st one

Oh, I don't know. I seem to recall a much longer song that had tremendous success....
[url=

][/url][/quote]

And this one...

[/quote]

well, those were back in the eighties.....
doubt that any major radio station would play a 7+ min song these days anymore

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: September 13, 2023 00:01

Does anybody know how "Angry" is charting in the US/Worldwide? I thought the Billboard charts updated on Tuesdays but couldn't find any mention of the new song on their website. The music video currently has 14 million views #2 on Trending on YT Music,that doesn't count for nothing. Hoping the new song and the album will do well on the charts as it seems to be very popular.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 13, 2023 00:17

waterrats
kovach
mrfancyman
kovach
StonedRambler
waterrats

Mr.Ed

When I'm with my colleagues at work, they stream playlists all day long and all have 2 or 3 movie and series streaming contracts each at home.
>This really puzzles me - I can't imagine where the heck I could find the time to see and listen all this stuff to. I just don't have the time for all that. I'm getting old and time is precious.

All my CDs are digitalized, that's true and the 1000 or so songs I always have with me is just the best of, sort of. I like to listen to those songs in random shuffle mode, if you know what I mean. So there's enough music around at any time with almost no CO2 emission, hehehe.

Apart from that, I'm a news junkey and like to listen to serious public news radio stations - by FM wave, hehehe ...

So the Stones have to wait until I buy the new record - then my act will count. Hope that's ok? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Ripping all your cd's takes forever...and I burned out a disc drive after about 800.

Date: September 13, 2023 02:23

Rockman
Sneaky Dick's pop-up garage ....

Rock, that's stellar!! ROTFLMFAO

Date: September 13, 2023 02:27

I'm always here ta help .....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 13, 2023 02:35

kovach
waterrats
kovach
mrfancyman
kovach
StonedRambler
waterrats

Mr.Ed

Ripping all your cd's takes forever...and I burned out a disc drive after about 800.

It does, but it saves paying to buy them/download them again when you already own it in original format free of any remastering and/or edits. For me it's worth it.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 13, 2023 03:14

Get Close, great rhythm i wonder if Keith also plays bass there, and Depending on You a Stones ballad, great ballad!

hope the rest of the disc surfaces soon... can´t wait till Oct 20.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 13, 2023 03:27

hot smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 13, 2023 04:00

Can’t wait until oct 20

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 13, 2023 04:19

HardRiffin
[www.noise11.com]

It's really strange they have a second new album ready!! I don't think so.

In the press conference it only sounded like Ronnie wanted to say they finished enough material for two albums. I can't recall Ronnie saying something about an imminent follow-up album in the post-PC event. On the other hand, would the author of that article totally make up something that specific?

Of course it wold be cool to hear the remaining songs rather sooner than later. Time will tell.

However, the press conference also sort of confirmed our earlier speculations that they scrapped next to everything they recorded with Charlie and started all over again. I just wonder when those 23 songs were written. Like, what was written earlier and only recorded anew with Steve and what was written only after Charlie's demise. Depending on the state of these earlier recordings I hope we get to hear more new songs with Charlie on drums than just the two songs on HD (and LIAGT).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home