Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 04:16

Rip This
The Telegraph calls the new Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones song “epic,” “showstopping” and “almost spiritual” with Gaga and Mick Jagger going “toe to toe.”

The track, called “Sweet Sound of Heaven,” is the last original song on the album and it’s reportedly over 7 minutes long.

Wow!

That’s the one with Stevie Wonder too.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 9, 2023 10:03

Thanks Cristiano and BBJ!

Am I the only one nervous at the 7 min running time (and terrible title) of Sweet Sounds of Heaven? Hahaha, nothing like forming an opinion before even hearing it, but it takes a hell of a song (pun intended) to make me want to listen for 7 mins...

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 10:55

Don't want to think too far past Hackney Diamonds already, but I can't help but wonder if we might get to hear the tracks that have been recorded between 2012 and 2019 with Charlie quite quickly, be it in the form of a yet another album or something else.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 9, 2023 11:16

peoplewitheyes

Am I the only one nervous at the 7 min running time (and terrible title) of Sweet Sounds of Heaven? Hahaha, nothing like forming an opinion before even hearing it, but it takes a hell of a song (pun intended) to make me want to listen for 7 mins...

The risk is very high! Either it will be a great ballad, an epic ride...or a melancholy and boring ballad. Fingers crossed!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 9, 2023 11:20

MonkeyMan2000

the tracks that have been recorded between 2012 and 2019

20th anniversary in 2025 .... new 'Rarities 1971-2019' release winking smiley

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 11:28

Irix
MonkeyMan2000

the tracks that have been recorded between 2012 and 2019

20th anniversary in 2025 .... new 'Rarities 1971-2019' release winking smiley

Maybe some younger Rolling Stones fan can use their hacking chops to already give us leak beforehand winking smiley

No, in all seriousness, I wouldn't mind just hearing some of these tracks as not yet finished outtakes. Over the years, I noticed, that I'm most moved when listening to unfinished outtakes. From the early versions of I Think I'm Going Mad, to Keith's It's Funny, I found myself feeling closest to my favorite musicians listening to stuff they made up on the spot. I'm sure now also many tracks they recorded the last few years with Charlie, that they obviously don't feel like they'd live up to expectations, would give that same kind of authentic feel.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 12:56

There are other 11 tracks recorded, off the new album...There could be another one in a couple of years or so, why not?!

Posted by: SteveDMosley ()
Date: September 9, 2023 13:04

Am I the only one with mixed emotions? Not because of what we'll get - more because of what's still left in the can?

I expected to get an album with many songs, that were recorded over the last few years and still feature charlie. And in addition some new songs with steve on top.

Now it's exactly the other way round. So what about the songs with charlie from 2015 onwards? I'd really love to hear these tunes finally after all these years :-(

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 9, 2023 13:10

DandelionPowderman
Isn't Angry available on vinyl before September 15?

I received it here in the Netherlands on 7" and 10" yesterday.

Date: September 9, 2023 13:12

I appreciate this is sacrilegious, but I think it bodes well that most of the upcoming tracks were written/recorded in a short period of recent time. It should give them more cohesiveness, and suggests they were on a creative roll - possible spurned on/inspired by the youthful Andrew Watt.

(I can imagine that a second, Charlie-featuring album will come out in due course)

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 9, 2023 14:10

"It hasn’t rained in a month, the river’s run dry
We haven’t made love and I wanna know why
Why you angry with me?
I’m still taking the pills and I’m off to Brazil"
>grinning smiley<

Date: September 9, 2023 14:25

'Angry' lyrics also on [www.Keno.org] .

'Angry' - pictures of the Single: [www.Discogs.com] , [www.45cat.com] , [www.45worlds.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 23:35 by Irix.

Date: September 9, 2023 15:45

Dorn
Irix
DandelionPowderman

Isn't Angry available on vinyl before September 15?

Yes, available in Europe on Vinyl from 8-Sep-2023 - [iorr.org] .

but in reality it is not [...] tried to get it today at Europe´s largest electronic and entertainment store and was told that both vinyl and cd had not been delivered yet.

I've just checked my local electronics market and both 'Angry' are available there - CD-Single as well as 10" black Vinyl. Many websites of Media/Saturn in Germany also say 'available on site in the market'.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 9, 2023 16:20

HardRiffin
peoplewitheyes

The risk is very high! Either it will be a great ballad, an epic ride...or a melancholy and boring ballad. Fingers crossed!

Hit or miss, indeed. On the other hand, it's not that hard to make a song last 7 minutes instead of, say 5 minutes, and they've done it many times before.

What worries me more is the fact that it's got Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder on it.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 17:15

Gazza
Mabru
I am really curious what happened to all the songs which were recorded earlier. Do they will ever see the light? Or will they end up unfinished in the vaults?
Because I remember there was almost a finished album in the works if remember correctly from previous interview(s) with Ronnie and/or Charlie.

they didnt like them enough to release them. Thats basically what Mick said in one of the interviews on wednesday.

Doubt they'll ever feature on a standalone album. If they were finished, maybe they'll pop up on some 'anthology' type release of unissued songs after the band have broken up/retired

Ronnie said something about songs being left for the next album.

Date: September 9, 2023 17:15

I didn't say it's hard to make a 7-min song, I said it's hard to make a long song worth listening to!

I'm not sure the Stones have many 7-min songs in their oeuvre (excluding live, obvs)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 9, 2023 17:25

Irix
'Angry' lyrics also on [www.Keno.org] .

Is it about Luciana Gimenez Morad ( Jagger's Brazilian lover and mother to one of his children)? The Brazil mentioning seems to incline that. Jagger would never answer that question though.
Meaningsless lyrics of course for everyone except himself. And why the creole language (why you angry with me...)?

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 17:39

peoplewitheyes
I didn't say it's hard to make a 7-min song, I said it's hard to make a long song worth listening to!

I'm not sure the Stones have many 7-min songs in their oeuvre (excluding live, obvs)

Not many indeed,but ... Going Home is brilliant in its simplicity.
And difficult? Not for the Rolling Stones, it's pure and simple blues inspiration.

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 17:53

peoplewitheyes

True enough. I would say their best example of such a lengthy song would be "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", mostly thanks due to its awesome jam session. Some other lengthy ones I enjoy include "Midnight Rambler", "Time Waits For No One", "Fingerprint File", "Memory Motel" and "Slave". All highly listenable, so there is hope for this newest track to follow suit.

On the flipside, I've never been much of a fan of "Goin' Home" or "Sing This All Together (See What Happens)".

I guess legnthy tracks are certainly a hit or miss proposition....

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 17:55 by sf37.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 9, 2023 18:58

There is said earlier here that Chanel Haynes is not confirmed on Elliot’s page. But she put the link of Rolling Stones Data [www.facebook.com] on her own Facebook account. Why would she do that, if she isn’t on the album? My guess, she is on the album! smiling bouncing smiley
Here the link to that post of her.
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 19:01 by Christiaan.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 9, 2023 19:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 19:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 9, 2023 19:46

Christiaan
There is said earlier here that Chanel Haynes is not confirmed on Elliot’s page. But she put the link of Rolling Stones Data [www.facebook.com] on her own Facebook account. Why would she do that, if she isn’t on the album? My guess, she is on the album! smiling bouncing smiley
Here the link to that post of her.
[www.facebook.com]

I don’t think she’s on the album since she previously said she isn’t. She’s friendly with Sally and Ronnie and is a big fan of the band. I’m guessing she’d jump at the chance to work with The Stones again at some point since she posts about them frequently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 19:47 by BFR.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 9, 2023 19:59

Conflicts among leaders in organizations, relationships, or marriages are common, highlighting the value of silence.

JF: "What's the secret to a happy marriage?"

MJ: Not to talk too often.

KR: How politely to say 'shut up'

Leaders often have trusted advisors, like Steve and Matt, who play important roles, almost like a consigliere.

Steve resembles the roles of Stu, Charlie, and Ronnie in the Stones' music history, earning respect from Keith and Mick, and the blessing of Charlie.

Despite conflicts, the dynamic between the Stones leaders remains fascinating. Mick and Keith often show their differences, as when they joked about polygamy and religion:

MJ: I love gospel music.

KR: You've never been to church before.

MJ: I have once. I went to church. You're completely wrong, you know.

KR: What was it like?

Or…

MJ: Polygamy lives.

KR: I'm a Mormon.

It's unfortunate we can't have Mick and Keith collaborate as they did in their early years. The current process involves bouncing ideas between locations, making it complex. Mick admitted to some laziness, and a new producer's push played a vital role in creating new Stones music.

I guess it does take a village…

Long live the Stones, can’t wait to hear the new album, and the next one…

CHELSKEITH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 21:25 by MizzAmandaJonez.

Posted by: jobt ()
Date: September 9, 2023 21:49

ANGRY, like you probably haven't heard it before.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: September 9, 2023 22:00

jobt

[youtu.be]

Can you provide a bit more context?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 9, 2023 22:12

jobt

[youtu.be]

Thank you. I enjoy the breakdown snippet. Interesting to hear Matt's piano isolated and then percussion and backing chorus. This would make an interesting dub mix.

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 22:16

jobt

[youtu.be]

thumbs upthumbs up Thank you

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 22:17

sf37
peoplewitheyes

True enough. I would say their best example of such a lengthy song would be "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", mostly thanks due to its awesome jam session. Some other lengthy ones I enjoy include "Midnight Rambler", "Time Waits For No One", "Fingerprint File", "Memory Motel" and "Slave". All highly listenable, so there is hope for this newest track to follow suit.

On the flipside, I've never been much of a fan of "Goin' Home" or "Sing This All Together (See What Happens)".

I guess legnthy tracks are certainly a hit or miss proposition....
They actually cut down a lot of songs 7 minutes or more long.Like Sophia Loren, Miss You,Moonlight Mile.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 9, 2023 22:25

MizzAmandaJonez
Conflicts among leaders in organizations, relationships, or marriages are common, highlighting the value of silence.

Leaders often have trusted advisors, like Steve and Matt, who play important roles, almost like a consigliere.

Steve resembles the roles of Stu, Charlie, and Ronnie in the Stones' music history, earning respect from Keith and Mick, and the blessing of Charlie.

Despite conflicts, the dynamic between the Stones leaders remains fascinating. Mick and Keith often show their differences, as when they joked about polygamy and religion:

Or…

It's unfortunate we can't have Mick and Keith collaborate as they did in their early years. The current process involves bouncing ideas between locations, making it complex. Mick admitted to some laziness, and a new producer's push played a vital role in creating new Stones music.

CHELSKEITH

Agree!!!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 23:26

marquess
MizzAmandaJonez

Or…

CHELSKEITH

Agree!!!
The Stones and company are not a village.More like a pub

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 23:30 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2178
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home