Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out Oct 20
Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:00

DandelionPowderman
It's been decades since I've heard such a well-produced and finished product from the Stones. Out of curiousity, what do you find "half-baked"?

On first listen, I don't feel like it stretches much beyond the opening riff and bridge. The lyrics are mundane. I do recognize it's pretty catchy, I can live with the production and it does groove along nicely in the second half. So I'll give it a chance to grow on me.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:03

LOVE the lenticular cover!!!

HD Lenticular

Date: September 7, 2023 17:04

Is there a version not yet released? That website of Paulina's shows a box with a T-shirt. I haven't seen a box version of this album yet. Is that the Super Deluxe version?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:07

VoodooLounge13
Is there a version not yet released? That website of Paulina's shows a box with a T-shirt. I haven't seen a box version of this album yet. Is that the Super Deluxe version?

Limited edition boxset includes the Hackney Diamonds CD with 20-page lyric booklet with exclusive photos and exclusive Hackney Diamond T-Shirt in a satin finish custom 7.5" x 7.5" x 3+3/8" / 8.90oz Rolling Stone's box.

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:12

So. 6,5m views in the first 24 hours then, 5 million more than their second best opening. Promising! Of course streaming data is very important and historically that have been lower than views for Stones in the first days. For instance LIAGT had 1,5 million views and 776 k streams (Spotify). We can see already on apple that for streaming it is only on the chart in 4 countries. But will be interesting to see Spotify later on.

As a reference you would need appr. 3,3 million streams on average/day for a week to be on the Spotify global top 10 list. around 50-60 million/week to be number one (and that does not seem likely). Stones current daily record is at 991 k streams on one song (SFTD, 2019).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 17:14 by tiffanyblu.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:15

U2Stonesfan
1. Angry 3:46
2, Get close 4:10
3. Depending on you 4:03
4. Bite my head off 3:31
5. Whole wide world 3:58
6. Dreamy skies 4:38
7. Messed up 4:03
8. Live by the sword 3:59
9. Driving me too hard 3:16
10. Tell me straight [Keith] 2:56
11. Sweet sound of heaven 7:22
12. Rolling stone blues 2:41

Here are the track times

Tracks 10-12 stand out without even hearing them, can't wait

Date: September 7, 2023 17:28

MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13

Limited edition boxset includes the Hackney Diamonds CD with 20-page lyric booklet with exclusive photos and exclusive Hackney Diamond T-Shirt in a satin finish custom 7.5" x 7.5" x 3+3/8" / 8.90oz Rolling Stone's box.

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Thanks I missed this one!

Date: September 7, 2023 17:28

tiffanyblu
So. 6,5m views in the first 24 hours then, 5 million more than their second best opening. Promising! Of course streaming data is very important and historically that have been lower than views for Stones in the first days. For instance LIAGT had 1,5 million views and 776 k streams (Spotify). We can see already on apple that for streaming it is only on the chart in 4 countries. But will be interesting to see Spotify later on.

As a reference you would need appr. 3,3 million streams on average/day for a week to be on the Spotify global top 10 list. around 50-60 million/week to be number one (and that does not seem likely). Stones current daily record is at 991 k streams on one song (SFTD, 2019).

I'm doing my bit to help em along!!

Date: September 7, 2023 17:31

VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

I know VL smiling smiley probably 1m of the views? grinning smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 7, 2023 17:41

People who really like this song were going to like anything the Stones released just because it’s the Stones, 5 years from now everyone will admit that they have not bothered to play this song in about 5 years.

Still can’t get the point of pushing this media blitz and then not releasing album for 6 weeks.

Date: September 7, 2023 17:49

stanlove
People who really like this song were going to like anything the Stones released just because it’s the Stones, 5 years from now everyone will admit that they have not bothered to play this song in about 5 years.

Still can’t get the point of pushing this media blitz and then not releasing album for 6 weeks.

Speak for yourself love, and not for anyone else. And I don't think that will be true at all, but time will tell. Speaking for me, I like it because it is punchy, simple, dumb, funny, charming, and with that slouchy Mick vocal that's not been heard for a while. Great bass and nice guitars too, and that low piano. It's not generic by numbers stones, but that's jus my opinion...!

Date: September 7, 2023 17:55

stanlove

Not true necessarily. I loathe Angie, Shattered, Beast of Burden, dread Rambler live, skip MAGJ. But it's been 18 years man. 18 years - more than a generation has passed since the last album!!! Let's appreciate that they are still around to release new music and look at their music for what it is. All this talk about not living up to past greatness drives me nuts. They've done great stuff since the Big 4.5 and I feel that too many undercut that, or just keep continuing to expect that. What band would ever want to regurgitate the same thing over and over again who's name isn't AC/DC? They like to mix things up and try different things. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but I give them HUGE props for being creative in different genres. The song far exceeds the 19-second snippet, which I thought was very mediocre. I want our band to have a #1 single that doesn't date allllllllllllllllllllllll the way back almost to the damn year I was born, ffs!!!! If you love the band, and are ecstatic that new music is coming, after such a long absence and the loss of our beloved Charlie, I'd think any one of us would want the same!!!

Date: September 7, 2023 17:55

tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

HEHEHE I'm back on streaming! LOL

Date: September 7, 2023 18:12

VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

Perfect. I can see the results already smiling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:16

F.U.C. the Captain
According to yesterday's conversation with Jimmy Fallon these will be the tracks on "Hackney diamonds":

1. Angry
2, Get close
3. Depending on you
4. Bite my head off
5. Whole wide world
6. Dreamy skies
7. Messed up
8. Live by the sword
9. Driving me too hard
10. Tell my straight [sung by Keith]
11. Sweet sound of heaven
12. Rolling stone blues

I'm sorry if this was posted already but I just don't have the time to go thru the 70+ pages of this thread.

The real fans learn them by heart ... grinning smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:40

ARB

Anyone been able to preorder the Japan CD?

SHM-CD in Jewel Case - UICY-16195 - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

SHM-CD in DigiPak - UICY-16194 - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.HMV.co.jp] .

Japanese CDs in Germany also available at [www.jpc.de] .

Japanese CD bonus track: 'Living In A Ghost Town' (released in 2020) - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-15 08:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:51

Anyone else ANGRY that there is just an etching on the B-sides of both the Angry 10" vinyl and the 7" vinyl offerings? Neither are scheduled to ship until October 20th so they certainly could have given us a proper B-side, huh?!

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:56

Kurt
Anyone else ANGRY that there is just an etching on the B-sides of both the Angry 10" vinyl and the 7" vinyl offerings? Neither are scheduled to ship until October 20th so they certainly could have given us a proper B-side, huh?!

I shall express my anger by not purchasing this product.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:57

Kurt

no.

these are just novelty items. If you want the music you can download it or get the CD for more 'value'.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:58

So Rolling Stone Blues is not with Charlie? Can we thus rule out that this is a Blue & Lonesome outtake?

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:06

MonkeyMan2000
So Rolling Stone Blues is not with Charlie? Can we thus rule out that this is a Blue & Lonesome outtake?

I think "Live by the Sword" and "Driving me too hard" are with Charlie

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:06

MonkeyMan2000

Yes, because Keith said it was suggested by James Watt. Don Was was the producer of Blue and Lonesome.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:08

Man, you guys are suckers for all this absurd merch manipulation >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:11

MonkeyMan2000

Rolling Stone Blues.....According to Keith, Andrew Watt took a 1920's guitar to Henson studios and "pushed" them to do a song "related to the band's name"

Date: September 7, 2023 19:12

hockenheim95
MonkeyMan2000

Yes, because Keith said it was suggested by James Watt. Don Was was the producer of Blue and Lonesome.

Okay, thanks! Looking forward to hearing the whole thing. I'm especially hopeful for the track with Charlie and Bill, the long one and Keith's tune.

Date: September 7, 2023 19:14

kid killowatt
MonkeyMan2000

Rolling Stone Blues.....According to Keith, Andrew Watt took a 1920's guitar to Henson studios and "pushed" them to do a song "related to the band's name"

Thanks, that sounds fun! An acoustic blues track. I must have missed that info in the press conference, where did Keith say that?

Date: September 7, 2023 19:16

tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu
VoodooLounge13
tiffanyblu

Perfect. I can see the results already smiling smiley

drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:18

U2Stonesfan
1. Angry 3:46
2, Get close 4:10
3. Depending on you 4:03
4. Bite my head off 3:31
5. Whole wide world 3:58
6. Dreamy skies 4:38
7. Messed up 4:03
8. Live by the sword 3:59
9. Driving me too hard 3:16
10. Tell me straight [Keith] 2:56
11. Sweet sound of heaven 7:22
12. Rolling stone blues 2:41

Here are the track times

Thanks! It looks like there's 6 tracks per side.

Date: September 7, 2023 19:19

peoplewitheyes
Man, you guys are suckers for all this absurd merch manipulation >grinning smiley<

It comes in colors everywhere!

Date: September 7, 2023 19:22

Kurt

Yeah I caught that on the SDE story about the release. A bit bummed, but hoping each one has a different etching!

Personally, I was looking forward to the Angry (Club Fleecing Remix), Angry (Empty Your Pockets Remix), and Angry (Extended Arms Out Palms Up Outta Dough Remix) on the 10"!!!!! Guess I'll have to wait for the Bravado exclusive, deluxe re-release of the expanded edition download only for those though huh?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2168
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home