Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:21

Once again. Did anyone have access to the Times article?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:26

LorenzAgain
Song is great, video is incredibly lame.
Who said they recorded 23 songs and two albums? Mick?
´

Ronnie

Posted by: ronkort ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:27

So what is the most prized posession of all different limited editions?

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:28

marquess
LorenzAgain
´

Ronnie

No, it's Mick. 9:47 in this video:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:30

powerage78
And the first single is a track without Charlie.

I was hoping for around 50% of the songs would be with Charlie, but 2 tracks is better than nothing.

Drums sounds good on Angry, the fills towards the end reminds me a bit of the studio version of Start Me Up.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:30

tiffanyblu

To the satisfaction of Rolling Stones fans everywhere, the band have announced their first album of new songs in 18 years. Hackney Diamonds, the first LP of original material since 2005’s A Bigger Bang, will be released on October 20. It was launched by the band at an event in the once-gritty London borough of the title, a long way from St Tropez, where Mick Jagger got hitched to his first wife in Bianca in 1971, and the Côte d’Azur, where Keith Richards rented a villa of legendary decadence to make the Stones’ louche masterpiece Exile on Main Street.

Jagger, 80, Richards, 79, and Ronnie Wood, 76, discussed the record in an event at the Hackney Empire with the American TV presenter Jimmy Fallon.
The title, Ronnie Wood has revealed, was the idea of the British artist Marc Quinn. “He told us that shattered glass from a broken windscreen is called Hackney diamonds,” Wood said. “Nothing personal or direct: it is a collision of music, of forces coming together . . . and we’re bringing the Hackney Empire back into use again.” The first single, Angry, is out today.

I have been lucky enough to hear the whole thing, and although I’ll be crushed to death by a giant tongue logo if I announce the song titles or the guest artists popping up throughout, I can say that it is unquestionably the best Stones album since 1978’s Some Girls. Variously poignant, irreverent, anarchic and, in one gospel-tinged moment, quite spiritual, it touches on all the aspects we love about the band, glued together by the rambunctious energy they have made their own since the early Sixties.

It wasn’t a particularly easy album for Jagger, Richards and Wood to make. Not least because of the shadow cast by the death of Charlie Watts, for whom the album forms something of a tribute and whose contributions feature on a couple of tracks. “I did start thinking this was never going to happen,” Jagger said. “I didn’t want to make an album that was just an assembly of what we had done over the past five years, which would mean three good tracks, five OK, three mediocre. And to be perfectly honest I thought that was where we were heading.”

Jagger’s answer to the problem was to erase any overthinking by going in fast, in a fashion similar to Some Girls, which was recorded in the space of a few weeks at EMI’s Pathé Marconi studio in Paris. After knocking a few songs into shape with Richards, the pianist Matt Clifford and the drummer Steve Jordan at GeeJam Studios in Jamaica, Jagger hired Andrew Watt, an enthusiastic 32-year-old producer with a love of classic rock and credits on recent Iggy Pop and Ozzy Osbourne albums.

Once the Stones and their cohorts were assembled the bulk of the album was cut at Henson Studios in Los Angeles and Sanctuary Studios in the Bahamas, mostly in the space of a month. And if you want a taste of it, listen to Angry. It is a classic rocker featuring a crunchy riff with shades of the unforgettable one in Start Me Up and Jagger asking: why is everybody so angry?
Why indeed? At least the Stones have returned to remind us how to have a good time.

thumbs upRe: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:31

Jimmy Fallon was good

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: thumbs upRe: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: essexhammer ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:32

and there's more !

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:33

I personally think the new single [Angry] is brilliant! I love the subtle guitar solo kicking in and then song buildup!

Date: September 6, 2023 20:34

NilsHolgersson
tiffanyblu

To the satisfaction of Rolling Stones fans everywhere, the band have announced their first album of new songs in 18 years. Hackney Diamonds, the first LP of original material since 2005’s A Bigger Bang, will be released on October 20. It was launched by the band at an event in the once-gritty London borough of the title, a long way from St Tropez, where Mick Jagger got hitched to his first wife in Bianca in 1971, and the Côte d’Azur, where Keith Richards rented a villa of legendary decadence to make the Stones’ louche masterpiece Exile on Main Street.

Jagger, 80, Richards, 79, and Ronnie Wood, 76, discussed the record in an event at the Hackney Empire with the American TV presenter Jimmy Fallon.
The title, Ronnie Wood has revealed, was the idea of the British artist Marc Quinn. “He told us that shattered glass from a broken windscreen is called Hackney diamonds,” Wood said. “Nothing personal or direct: it is a collision of music, of forces coming together . . . and we’re bringing the Hackney Empire back into use again.” The first single, Angry, is out today.

I have been lucky enough to hear the whole thing, and although I’ll be crushed to death by a giant tongue logo if I announce the song titles or the guest artists popping up throughout, I can say that it is unquestionably the best Stones album since 1978’s Some Girls. Variously poignant, irreverent, anarchic and, in one gospel-tinged moment, quite spiritual, it touches on all the aspects we love about the band, glued together by the rambunctious energy they have made their own since the early Sixties.

It wasn’t a particularly easy album for Jagger, Richards and Wood to make. Not least because of the shadow cast by the death of Charlie Watts, for whom the album forms something of a tribute and whose contributions feature on a couple of tracks. “I did start thinking this was never going to happen,” Jagger said. “I didn’t want to make an album that was just an assembly of what we had done over the past five years, which would mean three good tracks, five OK, three mediocre. And to be perfectly honest I thought that was where we were heading.”

Jagger’s answer to the problem was to erase any overthinking by going in fast, in a fashion similar to Some Girls, which was recorded in the space of a few weeks at EMI’s Pathé Marconi studio in Paris. After knocking a few songs into shape with Richards, the pianist Matt Clifford and the drummer Steve Jordan at GeeJam Studios in Jamaica, Jagger hired Andrew Watt, an enthusiastic 32-year-old producer with a love of classic rock and credits on recent Iggy Pop and Ozzy Osbourne albums.

Once the Stones and their cohorts were assembled the bulk of the album was cut at Henson Studios in Los Angeles and Sanctuary Studios in the Bahamas, mostly in the space of a month. And if you want a taste of it, listen to Angry. It is a classic rocker featuring a crunchy riff with shades of the unforgettable one in Start Me Up and Jagger asking: why is everybody so angry?
Why indeed? At least the Stones have returned to remind us how to have a good time.

Thx smiling smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:34

essexhammer
and there's more !

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Like they werent saying the exact same thing with Living in a Ghost Town..

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:36

LeonidP
I personally think the new single [Angry] is brilliant! I love the subtle guitar solo kicking in and then song buildup!

I'm 7 or 8 listens in and love it too. Its immediate and hugely enjoyable. Love the guitars weaving from solo to finish.

I think the Bonus Track on the Japanese Edition maybe would be 'Ghost Town' as opposed to a new original.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:37

colonial
Jimmy Fallon was good

He's brilliant!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 6, 2023 20:57

franzk
marquess
LorenzAgain
´

Ronnie

No, it's Mick. 9:47 in this video:

[www.youtube.com]

Mick mentioned the 23 tracks and it's Ronnie who says "so we made two albums" !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:04

hockenheim95
VoodooLounge13
bitusa2012
VoodooLounge13
Man, what to order, what not to order!! Angry is a CD Single, 7", and 10". Noticed a bonus track on the Japanese version!!!

What did u see the Japanese single???

Not Japanese single, the Japanese version of the album has a bonus track.

Where do you see that? How is it called?

Sorry guys - had to step out for a bit. It's here on the Universal Japan site:
HD - Bonus Track

Date: September 6, 2023 21:10

IrelandCalling4
LeonidP

I'm 7 or 8 listens in and love it too. Its immediate and hugely enjoyable. Love the guitars weaving from solo to finish.

I think the Bonus Track on the Japanese Edition maybe would be 'Ghost Town' as opposed to a new original.

That tends to be my thought as well.

Posted by: ultimaterocker ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:20

I am liking this song much more in its full context relative to the 10 second clip previously circulated (not surprised).

Someone put it best earlier - starts off as more of a Mick solo tune but guitar solo through the outro is classic Stones and one of the more enjoyable pieces of music they have made in a LONG TIME! I caught myself getting a bit emotional on the first listen.

Posted by: biggzee ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:22

HMV in the UK have the fuscia vinyl

[hmv.com]

UK Indie stores seem to be stocking diamond clear vinyl

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:22

Last track on the album is a cover of Muddy Waters' Rolling Stone (Blues).

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 22:51 by StonesSmeth99.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:24

Gram
Sorry if this has already been addressed but did we learn anything today from the various dates given about why the (we assume) tour announcement at the beginning of the year got cancelled at short notice?

Eventually because of the focus on the album launch,

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:24

StonedRambler
That piano playing of Matt Clifford makes the track hot smiley

Where can that piano be heard ?

Ok found it, starting at 2:03, nothing very elaborate, Mick or Keith could have played the part, maybe it was demoed like that in Jamaica.

No guitar by Watt, only backing vocals. Can't really hear Ronnie and Keith in the backing vocals.

But man, that bass, it's really something, best bass part since Wyman left for sure, go Keith go !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:27

gotdablouse
StonedRambler
That piano playing of Matt Clifford makes the track hot smiley

Where can that piano be heard ?

Ok found it, starting at 2:03, nothing very elaborate, Mick or Keith could have played the part, maybe it was demoed like that in Jamaica.

No guitar by Watt, only backing vocals. Can't really hear Ronnie and Keith in the backing vocals.

But man, that bass, it's really something, best bass part since Wyman left for sure, go Keith go !

Was kind of a joke since you can barely hear it.

But yeah, that bass is something. It that same driving bass that you got on Jumping Jack Jack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 21:30 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 6, 2023 21:27

NilsHolgersson
tiffanyblu

If that's true and they scrapped all prior plans (again), and wrote this thing from Xmas to Valentine's, then that's exactly what I'm talking about!!! Don't fkin THINK about being Mick Jagger. Just BE!! They are sooooooo much better when they DON'T think and just crank out stuff!!!! Can't wait for the rest of the album. This song is VERY promising!!!

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:35

best outro / ending to a song since Sway?

Magnificent stuff

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:39

StonesSmeth99
best outro / ending to a song since Sway?

Magnificent stuff

AGREE! Loooooove the outro/ending….

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:39

I think Angry is a great song. In my opinion it’s the best single since Anybody Seen My Baby. People seemed to quite like Doom and Gloom when it came out -I think Angry is much much better than that. And Living in a Ghost Town was good and appropriate for lockdown, but it’s not a classic. Angry probably isn’t either but it’s a great song and I would love to hear it live. I think it is way better than the singles from ABB too

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:40

The song is great, though a tad, just a teeny weeny tad, underwhelming in all its Wandering Spiritesque Jagger-At-his-noisiest. But I like it, it’s good!

The video… I will never understand the need for a young lady dancing through it all. The billboards coming alive is a cool effect, but it’s really just following the usual RS formula of a young woman in place of Jagger (Doom & Gloom), riding through a city (Ride Em On Down) seeing stuff on the way (Don’t Stop). The music should speak for itself.

The cover artwork… They continue the trend of horrendous looking artwork. Last decent one was A Bigger Bang.

In conclusion: The album title is great, the song is great.

By the way: Are they really having a cover of Rolling Stone Blues on it?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:45

From [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] :

"The album was recorded at various locations around the world, including Henson Recording Studios in Los Angeles, Metropolis Studios in London, Sanctuary Studios in Nassau (Bahamas), Electric Lady Studios in New York City and The Hit Factory / Germano Studios in New York."

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:50

Five (or six?) 'Hackney Diamonds' album Color-Vinyl Editions - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-06 23:15 by Irix.

Date: September 6, 2023 21:52

Video is doing great. #9 on trendig music on YT. Though, to be number one on the charts (video) one needs 5-6m streams/day. Atm its about 400k and may end the day at around 1m = top 50!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home