Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 26, 2023 13:18

Right, yeah, one of them was an animation.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: August 26, 2023 14:34

So based on that song list and the line „Don‘t get angry, get it fixed“in the Hackney Diamonds Ad, I would assume we can expect the first single to be „Angry“. And if indeed Mr. AW is co-writer and potentially producer of that song, the tune may have a quite contemporary sound, also some indication for a 1st single?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 26, 2023 14:35

Brilliant.

Date: August 26, 2023 14:44

Bjorn
Brilliant.

Talking about diamonds, that's very fitting.

Date: August 26, 2023 15:31

Irix

Btw: the time zone of the Steve Hoffman Music Forum seems to be United States, Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -4). The timestamp 1:20pm there equals 19:20 in Central Europe (CEST, UTC +2).
Twitter & Facebook display in the web browser the local time of the reader, so the tweet of the newspaper-ad equals 17:57 in Central Europe.

Ha! The timeline on all this is really interesting.

After the tweet it only took a few of hours for the fans to freak out!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-26 15:32 by Topi.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 26, 2023 15:58

lem motlow
Juniorjackflash
Hackney diamonds is an old and rarely used cockney slang for ‘broken glass’ - rough area (previously) and not affluent - hence smash glass.

So let me throw that pebble into the thought puddle!

And it’s a perfect title.rough neighborhood, smashed glass, broken windows.
And they do it - every -fckng-time.
Get it almost there and crap themselves- WTF is that artwork,I think we all stopped doing acid a long time ago.
The girl is talented and I’m sure she would fit right in working with Carlos Santana.

So I got an album title so rough and ready it’s got me thinking about the back cover of through the past darkly and Elton and Paulie are on it?
Two of the most fey, weak, lame characters in the music business.

As much as I beef with the Keith heads I see their point sometimes,I blame Jagger for this shit.the guest stars, the trendy artist. It’s garbage. Can we for once just cut the shit and have a real Stones album?

That a lot of concerns. I'd just wait and listen to it first. Lots of time after to beat the crap out of it if you still feel that way.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 26, 2023 16:28

ProfessorWolf
Cristiano Radtke
There's some interesting song titles registered on the ASCAP website. Those marked with (*) features Andrew Watt as co-writer.

Angry *
Bite my Head Off
Depending on You *
Dreamy Skies
Get Close *
Live by the Sword
Mess it Up
Morning Joe Cues
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tell me Straight
Whole Wide World

[www.ascap.com]

"tell me straight" sounds like it could be the title to the "really wanna tell the truth" snippet mick shared some years ago

as for the other snippets

"live by the sword" sounds right for "pride comes before the fall"

and "bite my head off" sounds right for the song used in the video mick used to promote his line of harmonicas

also not sure how i feel about about andrew watt writing songs with mick and keith

don't suppose they forgot to add the s at the end of watt did they?winking smiley

I thought the same thing about that song title.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 26, 2023 16:42

VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
Cristiano Radtke
There's some interesting song titles registered on the ASCAP website. Those marked with (*) features Andrew Watt as co-writer.

Angry *
Bite my Head Off
Depending on You *
Dreamy Skies
Get Close *
Live by the Sword
Mess it Up
Morning Joe Cues
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tell me Straight
Whole Wide World

[www.ascap.com]

"tell me straight" sounds like it could be the title to the "really wanna tell the truth" snippet mick shared some years ago

and "bite my head off" sounds right for the song used in the video mick used to promote his line of harmonicas

also not sure how i feel about about andrew watt writing songs with mick and keith

don't suppose they forgot to add the s at the end of watt did they?winking smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 26, 2023 16:44

Is having Watt a co-writer a good sign? Having Mixed Emotions

Date: August 26, 2023 16:45

Rockman
[twitter.com]

Pride Before A Fall .........

That’s got that weird echo effect that annoys me. Really want a warm sound.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: August 26, 2023 16:52

Lien
VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
Cristiano Radtke

Angry *
Bite my Head Off
Depending on You *
Dreamy Skies
Get Close *
Live by the Sword
Mess it Up
Morning Joe Cues
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tell me Straight
Whole Wide World

[www.ascap.com]

I'd be more than pleased if it turns out that "Tell Me Straight" is indeed the "Tell the Truth" snippet, and is selected to be the lead single. I have loved the clip from the very first time I heard it.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: August 26, 2023 16:53

VoodooLounge13
Rockman
[twitter.com]

Yes! The echo is boring to me too.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 26, 2023 16:57

harlem shuffle
Why do they have to give credit to Steve?Just because he is a friend of Keith?

You think co-writing credits on "Almost Hear You Sigh" and "One More Shot" were tokens of friendship? They write together. Mick and Keith worked on "Living in a Ghost Town" with Steve at Germano Studios. It isn't a shock to think he might have a producer or pre-production credit or even another songwriting credit.

I mentioned Matt as well. He's almost certainly going to have a producer or pre-production credit and arranger credit somewhere. Matt signed with a major publisher so his representation could guarantee he gets credit for work he completes. The press release said as much.

Now, how me noting Andrew Watt's co-writing credits are surprising in the face of nothing for Matt or Steve translates into "they have to give credit to Steve" is probably something you need to ask yourself. I said nothing about deserve or must.

Date: August 26, 2023 17:00

sf37
Lien
VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
Cristiano Radtke

Angry *
Bite my Head Off
Depending on You *
Dreamy Skies
Get Close *
Live by the Sword
Mess it Up
Morning Joe Cues
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
Tell me Straight
Whole Wide World

[www.ascap.com]

I'd be more than pleased if it turns out that "Tell Me Straight" is indeed the "Tell the Truth" snippet, and is selected to be the lead single. I have loved the clip from the very first time I heard it.

I’m with ya there!!! Have loved it from the first!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 26, 2023 17:00

Bashlets

Is having Watt a co-writer a good sign?

The Greatest RnR-Band on Earth needs a co-writer and non-Stones related guests .... indeed mixed emotions. Not enough own ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-26 23:25 by Irix.

Date: August 26, 2023 17:16

I don't understand the big deal about Paul playing bass. He's not co-writing or singing a duet. The same with Elton playing piano. It's the last Stones album and some old friends wanted to sit in. That's normal. Do you think Mick is going to announce them on the song? "And now, bass solo by Paul McCartney! Give it up for Macca!"

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 26, 2023 18:04

VoodooLounge13
Rockman
[twitter.com]

Morning Joe Cues ? smiling smiley

Donald Trump's obsession with MSNBC's "Morning Joe"

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 26, 2023 18:26

Paul playing bass and Elton tickling some ivories doesn’t phase me. Andrew Watt as a co-writer on 3 tracks out of 12 is making me scratch my head a bit. I am hoping for a great stones album with an edge to it. I feel like we could be getting Dust brothers part 2. Someone posted on Shidoobee Watt always has a co-writing credit on the opening track so based on the ad it looks like “Angry” will open the album as well as the first single. I am acting like a baby but I wanted all the songs to be Jagger/ Richards. I’d be fine if the supposedly Watt tracks were Jagger/ Richards/ Wood. Getting concerned it’s another Jagger solo album. I have no proof to back up my emotions but there is a little bit of sadness in me this morning. At this point I don’t want pop from the stones. I want Evening Gown, Tops, Respectable. I really want 12 great stones songs. I hope I’m wrong and just over reacting

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 26, 2023 18:34

Bashlets
Paul playing bass and Elton tickling some ivories doesn’t phase me. Andrew Watt as a co-writer on 3 tracks out of 12 is making me scratch my head a bit. I am hoping for a great stones album with an edge to it. I feel like we could be getting Dust brothers part 2. Someone posted on Shidoobee Watt always has a co-writing credit on the opening track so based on the ad it looks like “Angry” will open the album as well as the first single. I am acting like a baby but I wanted all the songs to be Jagger/ Richards. I’d be fine if the supposedly Watt tracks were Jagger/ Richards/ Wood. Getting concerned it’s another Jagger solo album. I have no proof to back up my emotions but there is a little bit of sadness in me this morning. At this point I don’t want pop from the stones. I want Evening Gown, Tops, Respectable. I really want 12 great stones songs. I hope I’m wrong and just over reacting

There could very well be something to the “Angry” connection, but I’d hold off in thinking that’s a definitive track listing.

The songs in that ASCAP list are an odd lot. Quite a few from deluxe reissue bonus tracks. Even a couple from the Talk is Cheap reissue (Brute Force, Mark on Me).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 26, 2023 19:41

Bashlets

I think before we get our collective knickers in a twist we should actually listen to the material. Maybe the Watt song is SMU-incarnate and we'll be raving about it in a couple of months. Let's keep our powder dry.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 26, 2023 20:09

It's weird, but by reading those titles, I can almost already hear those songs in my head

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 26, 2023 20:13

NilsHolgersson
It's weird, but by reading those titles, I can almost already hear those songs in my head

so tell us on which ones Keith sings

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 26, 2023 20:20

NilsHolgersson

I can almost hear you sigh

Date: August 26, 2023 20:31

slewan
NilsHolgersson

so tell us on which ones Keith sings

So long as we're almost already hearing them, then all of them are sung by Mick.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 26, 2023 20:53

More Hackney Gazette Rolling Stones edition copies available

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-26 21:28 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 26, 2023 20:54

Jeez! You guys will never change!
Bickering over titles and names on songs you haven’t even heard yet! I know you: Before the eventual release, most of you have already written the album off as failure of the year. It’s the same every freakin’ time!!!
Sorry to say it: GET A LIFE!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2023 20:58

Irix
Bashlets

Is having Watt a co-writer a good sign?

The greatest RnR-band on Earth needs a co-writer and non-Stones related guests .... indeed mixed emotions.

And then there's the questions regarding whether Andrew Watt plays any guitar and/or other instruments on the new album.
On the recent Iggy and Ozzy albums, not only is he producer, but he's also credited on some tracks with guitars, vocals, keyboards, piano, bass, strings, co-writer, etc. - even as a photographer for the Ozzy album!
Along with getting co-writing credits on three new Stones tunes that we know of, having him stamp himself all over the place could be yet another reason why Keith had some issues with Andrew Watt.
Someone posted a video in the old thread of him "shredding" guitar while performing with Miley Cyrus, and can't imagine how any of that could possibly fit on a Stones album. But if so, it is what it is.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-26 20:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 26, 2023 21:05

Blueranger
Bickering over titles and names on songs you haven’t even heard yet! I know you: Before the eventual release, most of you have already written the album off as failure of the year. It’s the same every freakin’ time!!!

I agree. Geeez

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: August 26, 2023 21:08

NICOS
tommyturbo76
I just hope Hackney Diamonds is like Some Girls - perceived at the time as a huge "comeback" with a lot of airtime, played in discos, and a great tour. And of course the songs are simply great.

As far as I know they will never do something they already did

I actually agree. I was speaking about the result, not the content.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: August 26, 2023 21:25

Blueranger

So true!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home