Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 24, 2023 20:06

If they try to put too many songs on it they’ll blow it again,we’ll be lucky if they have 5 or 6 strong tracks.
3 of the big 4 only have 10 songs and each one has a cover.Exile has 18 songs with 2 covers.
To think they could have 15 or more worthwhile songs right now is a dream.it’s 2023 not 1971.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 24, 2023 20:10

bluenote

Now I am offered a copy of the Thursday 17th issue. Was this add already in the paper last week, but nobody noticed?

Yes, it was in the issue from 17-Aug-2023 of the [www.HackneyGazette.co.uk] as well as the [www.IslingtonGazette.co.uk] .

They also have an archive: open the current issue and then go to the archive button at the top for the older issue.

[www.GettyImages.co.uk]

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: August 24, 2023 20:12

Thanks!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 24, 2023 20:32

The pre-announcement buzz is always the best part.

Same with tour date rumors.

Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called

(A.A. Milne)

This is that moment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-24 20:44 by Topi.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 24, 2023 20:36

lem motlow
If they try to put too many songs on it they’ll blow it again,we’ll be lucky if they have 5 or 6 strong tracks.
3 of the big 4 only have 10 songs and each one has a cover.Exile has 18 songs with 2 covers.
To think they could have 15 or more worthwhile songs right now is a dream.it’s 2023 not 1971.

I’ve said this for years: Keep it to 10-11 songs max. Two of them cover songs. One Chuck Berry (not a rocker, but a slower one) and then to end the whole album, their rendition of Can’t Turn You Loose.
1 Keith song only.

Stick to that and subtract it from the whole thing, and they’ll be at 7 or 8 songs they’d have to write.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 24, 2023 21:02

I predict 16-18 songs. This will be a huge goodbye, farewell with guests and all. Some short cuts and ideas between the BIG HITS - like a story to discover. Like a rock opera, maybe. But I could be VERY wrong. I´m just thinking -"how would I do it?"

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 24, 2023 21:11

Not sure if it's been posted on here, but Hackney is also a type of English horse apparently. I know some have made mention of the references to horses, and I wasn't sure if that was one of em or not. I get the Mare St one. Here are some other tidbits I found online:

Hackney is famous for its street art, which can be seen all over the area. The borough is also known for its thriving music scene, and has produced a number of famous musicians and artists over the years. Hackney is also home to a number of beautiful parks and green spaces, including Victoria Park and Hackney Marshes.

What is the symbol of Hackney?
An eight-pointed Maltese Cross, for Hackney, which derives from the symbols of the Orders of the Knights Templar and Knights of St. John, both of whom held the Manor of Hackney. Bells representing Shoreditch, these are the bells in the nursery rhyme Oranges and Lemons. [Paying tribute to Mick's Knighthood perhaps? Might be a stretch, but if they're doing countless nods, perhaps that is also one. Could we have Easter eggs all over?!?!!?]

Date: August 24, 2023 21:12

slewan
mick64
It will be double or a box 15 vinyls after 18 years no this will be with luck 15 songs are the stones

I wonder how many different versions of the new album we have to buy to get each and every song (normal album, deluxe and super deluxe album, vinyl single, CD single with bonus track, Japan album featuring an exclusive track, amazon special edition, jpc special edition, another vinyl single featuring an alternate take… not to forget the uber overkill diamond edition)

You forgot the Target exclusive edition, with exclusive artwork and a Target-only acoustic version of the 2nd single!

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: August 24, 2023 21:26

I hope this song will be on the new album:
[youtu.be]

"...without youu..."

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 24, 2023 21:31

VoodooLounge13
slewan
mick64
It will be double or a box 15 vinyls after 18 years no this will be with luck 15 songs are the stones

I wonder how many different versions of the new album we have to buy to get each and every song (normal album, deluxe and super deluxe album, vinyl single, CD single with bonus track, Japan album featuring an exclusive track, amazon special edition, jpc special edition, another vinyl single featuring an alternate take… not to forget the uber overkill diamond edition)

You forgot the Target exclusive edition, with exclusive artwork and a Target-only acoustic version of the 2nd single!
..and colored vinyl, shaped vinyl (rememeber the single "She was hot"), shaped CD, MC

Date: August 24, 2023 21:34

A friend noted that Charlie was born in Islington which borders Hackney.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-24 21:37 by Topi.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 24, 2023 21:41

Mick's ruby coloured 80th birthday suit goes with The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds poster colour, very nice

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: August 24, 2023 21:44

Has anyone mentioned that diamonds are (gem)stones?

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: August 24, 2023 21:52

Yes.

Date: August 24, 2023 21:58

What is the real meaning of diamond?
Derived from the Greek name 'Adamas' meaning 'unbreakable' or 'untamable', and 'Diaphanus' meaning transparent, throughout the Millennia diamonds have been used to cleanse our energies and help us shine and sparkle (literally!) making them a vital part of our emotional and physical wellbeing.

I'd say that about sums it up!

Sometimes colloquially called rocks, too!

Posted by: Hairball ()

mickschix
Have the Stones over-thought this entire thing? As someone already said, no one outside of the U.K will get the Hackney reference so it's a very forgettable title, IMO. Maybe if we could look at all of the song titles it would make better sense..or not. I'm just thrilled there's new material about to be released so I guess the title doesn't matter all that much.

It appears to be the opposite - we the fans seem to be overthinking the entire thing, or some of us are anyways.
Starting all the way back with the original "New album" thread from 2016, and now nearly seven years later here we are dissecting and brainstorming until our heads explode!
And then once it is finally released, we will overthink and overanalyze each and every tune. Then the tracklisting. And when that's not enough, we will critique and overthink the artwork.
But as Bjornulf calmly and succinctly stated yesterday: "The album will be out soon. No need for endless speculations. We will get a lot more info soon, from official channels".
That being said, even his words of wisdom and sage advice hasn't prevented or curtailed the overthinking as seen since he posted that. Curious minds want/need to know...are we there yet?!!!
Sometimes it's the journey, not the destination. The process, not the results. The questions, not the answers. BUT it will be nice to finally arrive at the results with most of our questions hopefully answered!
Meanwhile looking forward to the new album and all it entails, including all of the praise and critiques dissecting the good, the bad, and the ugly...warts and all. Hackney Diamonds - opening September 2023!
As a final thought (for the time being), when the dust eventually settles from the initial burst of sensory overload, the next question will be; will the Stones go back on the road next year? Curious minds want to know.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 24, 2023 22:07

What I find interesting (and amusing) is that, if Hackney Diamonds is indeed the album's title, the Stones haven't chosen an album title that in any way reflects how much time has passed since their last one, nor suggests that this could be their last studio album. No sweeping exits here (just as they never say "this is our last tour").

Drew

Date: August 24, 2023 22:17

Ad Hairball: You'd have to think they are going to try to milk every last drop out of that touring cow. Especially with new music behind it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2023 22:25

lem motlow

I have a dream - 18 new tunes - a new tune for each year that has passed since the release of a Bigger Bang...
And in this dream, each and every tune is an all time classic...all 18 of them up their with their very best...an album for the ages...epic...definitive...timeless...
Yeah ok, it might just be a dream, but...lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind...and hopefully this lovely dream doesn't turn in to a nightmare...eye popping smileywinking smiley

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 24, 2023 22:25

drewmaster
What I find interesting (and amusing) is that, if Hackney Diamonds is indeed the album's title, the Stones haven't chosen an album title that in any way reflects how much time has passed since their last one, nor suggests that this could be their last studio album. No sweeping exits here (just as they never say "this is our last tour").

Drew

Sorry, but you are not correct. In fact the title do reflect the time passed since their last studio album. If the title had been "Hackney Coal" you would have had a point, but diamonds take a long time to make...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 24, 2023 22:31

LeonidP
hockenheim95
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
mick64

Hopefully, a solid 10 track album smiling smiley

God no. As many tracks as they have, release them all. Yes, some filler. But I’d rather then complete MY favourite solid 10 track record. Mine would be different to yours. Imagine they had 15 killer tracks, and released only 10. God no. Put ‘em all out.

A Bigger Bang suffers from too many tracks. I'd be glad with 10-12 tracks. Better release the others as single B-sides!

Exile has more tracks than A Bigger Bang. # of tracks is not the issue.

But it is the issue. An amazing double album is exceedingly rare and should not be attempted unless they are ecstatic with all the material. The CD era created more space and less editing so you got more mediocre material that got through.

I trust the band to do the edits and deliver 10-12 amazing tracks. That to my mind is a critical part of the process.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: August 24, 2023 22:32

Oh. So they’re referencing themselves or the tracks (cuts).

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: August 24, 2023 22:55

HardRiffin
[url

https://youtu.be/XxoxKseBBb4?si=rXSZdCOSPrOF9YsT[/url]

"...without youu..."

I hope for this !!!! hot smiley

[drive.google.com]

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: August 24, 2023 23:04

My two cents, stick to the tried and true format, 10 ish songs, 1 blues cover, 1 Keith song.

Am I the only one with the weird feeling that there are more albums waiting in the wings after the proposed "Hackney Diamonds". Thinking of all the years this has been in the making and all the supposed completed songs referenced in interviews, possibly Mick has been planning some sort of multiple album release future plan, he is a great business man (London School of Economics right?!) Basically stocking up on finished material while the irons hot to release new albums every 10 - 15 months going forward, each with their own vibe and feel. I would definitely support this idea over a large tracklist released all at once. we shall see!

Date: August 24, 2023 23:05

OnlyKeef
HardRiffin
[url

https://youtu.be/XxoxKseBBb4?si=rXSZdCOSPrOF9YsT[/url]

"...without youu..."

I hope for this !!!! hot smiley

[drive.google.com]

+1

Date: August 24, 2023 23:08

I really hope this one is on there!!

Tell The Truth

Date: August 24, 2023 23:10

I had a thought at lunch, as we were joking about all the different possible versions, it'd be great if some of the guests were only on the exclusive, bonus tracks available at the different retailers, and the album proper was an album of mostly Stones-only numbers. That might help to drive some sales. Elton fans would have to buy the Amazon version to get his cut. Paul's fans, the Target one. Doubt that's happening, but....

Date: August 24, 2023 23:12

I also prefer a longer album with more than 10-12 songs. They've had 18 years to polish this bad boy, and with all the archived material, I'm sure there's some new songs, but quite possibly some older gems, too, and so there shouldn't really be a dud on here! A double CD would be amazing!!

Honestly, I just want Mick to be loose, like in all of these clips. No overthinking, no over-enunciating. Just BE!! Let It Loose!!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 24, 2023 23:46

how many tracks? we'll discover in a few days. I am afraid the 10/12 songs is a long gone format, a compactness no longer imposed by the technology.

hope they have more arrows in their quiver and that the new producer helped them make the best choices. also hope a horn section springs up on some songs.

but hey what's done is done and the kick off of promotion is a big thumb up
can't wait and hear

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home