Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What a Great Band - Keith and Winos Live in Boston
Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 31, 2023 21:18

My favorite concert video of theirs, great video/sound and Keith and the boys are rocking so hard.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-31 21:18 by beachbreak.

Re: What a Great Band - Keith and Winos Live in Boston
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 31, 2023 21:29

Excellent. thumbs up

thumbs upRe: What a Great Band - Keith and Winos Live in Boston
Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: July 31, 2023 21:40

really coolspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: July 31, 2023 22:58

One of Keiths greatest performances. He is firmly in the drivers seat. The Winos play with such power and empathy behind him.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 31, 2023 23:01

i thought the companion cd to main offender was the real deal. its such a great upgrade to the boots and much better than the earlier live winos record.

Posted by: kid killowatt ()
Date: August 1, 2023 01:26

Keith so lucky had 3 great bands: the STONES, the Winos & the Barbarians

Date: August 1, 2023 03:35

He actually got Bobby Keys singing backup

Date: August 2, 2023 04:42

He actually got Bobby Keys singing backup

And playing those "finger percussion things, LOL"

Bobby was really cooking on the baritone sax in the opener "Something Else" too.

Date: August 2, 2023 05:10

I was there. It was even better in person.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: August 3, 2023 15:41

I was there as well -- it was an incredible show-- as another poster put it--- "it was even better in person " yep !!!!

Posted by: sotob ()
Date: August 3, 2023 16:47

I wish! I prefer Main Offender over Talk is cheap. Did see the Stones play the Orpheum though.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 3, 2023 17:23

sotob
I wish! I prefer Main Offender over Talk is cheap. Did see the Stones play the Orpheum though.

And here I thought I was the only one!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 3, 2023 18:01

I'm also for Main Offender too!

Posted by: spiderman ()
Date: August 4, 2023 02:22

Beachbreak, this is great! The band is so soulful and tight. I guess when Keith puts together a band you'd better fit in. Thanks. You guys that actually saw this - wow, envious.

Date: August 4, 2023 02:53

I was in the 16th row I believe. The sound was great and Keith was in great spirits. I believe it was being filmed for Japanese TV...I was thrilled when it became available.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: August 4, 2023 15:50

I bought the DVD of this concert and like it very much. IMO it's even better than the official "LIve at the Hollywood Palldium". Particularly like the opener "Something Else". The band was really cooking!

Date: August 4, 2023 17:43

I like Main Offender a bit better than Talk is Cheap too.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: August 4, 2023 20:29

I saw the Talk is Cheap show in the Orpheum. Amazing. Easily the smallest place I had seen any Stones or Stones-related show.

T@3

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: August 4, 2023 23:14

MUCH better audio on this than the Palladium show - you don't have that intrusive snare sound dominating the mix. The solo that KR rips out on Something Else is one of the most rock n' roll things I've ever heard. Brilliant show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-04 23:14 by WorriedAboutYou.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 4, 2023 23:27

I also saw Keith at the Orpheum...in Vancouver! Jan 1993. It was an awesome show, a lot better than I thought it was going to be. One thing I remember is that midway through a song, a fan had an album he wanted autographed so Keith knelt down and signed the album then got up and continued to play.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 4, 2023 23:27

I was also at this show, and what a show! My favorite non Stones show by a landslide. It was truly mesmerizing! My friend and I drove up to Boston from Hoboken.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: August 5, 2023 04:50

I love the winos, saw them twice in boston. In 1988 and this show!

I often wonder when keith was contemplating the group sound, rythmn and lead guitar attack, Did he ever think of perhaps bringing in Mick Tayolr instead of waddy. Wonder if it crossed his mind or perhaps the lineup organically developed.

Anyone have any insight into his vision of the band's sound?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2023 07:28

Dunno .....

Mick Taylor on one track of Talk Is Cheap ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 5, 2023 08:34

What location is this one?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 5, 2023 08:57

Mr. Jimi

I often wonder when keith was contemplating the group sound, rythmn and lead guitar attack, Did he ever think of perhaps bringing in Mick Tayolr instead of waddy. Wonder if it crossed his mind or perhaps the lineup organically developed.

His manager Jane Rose told him if he was gonna go solo it had to be HIS band completely separate from the Stones.
She told him explicitly “ don’t involve Ronnie”.
Outside of alienating his songwriting partner by bashing him in the press this is the second most damaging thing He did to the Stones during this era.

Ditching Ronnie after 10 years was a huge mistake. They’d developed a rapport that was unmatched between two guitar players and it was never the same.
I’m still not so sure what people see in the Winos, weak rhythm section, cliche guitar riffs, weak songs.
Keith has that ability to make a lot of fans think they’re getting “ the real deal” a lot of people who didn’t see the New Barbarians I assume.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 5, 2023 14:25

DGA35
I also saw Keith at the Orpheum...in Vancouver! Jan 1993. It was an awesome show, a lot better than I thought it was going to be. One thing I remember is that midway through a song, a fan had an album he wanted autographed so Keith knelt down and signed the album then got up and continued to play.

I saw them at the Paramount in Seattle that tour. Totally awesome! The kicker was I got to meet Keith, Sarah Dash & Bobby Keys (have a picture of me with Keith). Hung out with Bobby for a bit. Such a cool guy. Keith seemed to like me. I've met a lot of musicians, meeting Keith was at the top along with a few others.

Date: August 5, 2023 18:51

weak songs

I respectfully disagree but to each his own.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 5, 2023 23:16

crholmstrom
DGA35

I saw them at the Paramount in Seattle that tour. Totally awesome! The kicker was I got to meet Keith, Sarah Dash & Bobby Keys (have a picture of me with Keith). Hung out with Bobby for a bit. Such a cool guy. Keith seemed to like me. I've met a lot of musicians, meeting Keith was at the top along with a few others.

Checked Nico's site, Seattle was the tour opener Jan 17 and Vancouver was 2 nights later on the 19th.

Posted by: spiderman ()
Date: August 5, 2023 23:34

I gotta agree with WorriedAboutYou, that KR Something Else solo is badass. It's like he took Chuck (the ultimate badass) and transformed into his own style.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: August 6, 2023 00:17

lem motlow
Mr. Jimi

His manager Jane Rose told him if he was gonna go solo it had to be HIS band completely separate from the Stones.
She told him explicitly “ don’t involve Ronnie”.
Outside of alienating his songwriting partner by bashing him in the press this is the second most damaging thing He did to the Stones during this era.

Ditching Ronnie after 10 years was a huge mistake. They’d developed a rapport that was unmatched between two guitar players and it was never the same.
I’m still not so sure what people see in the Winos, weak rhythm section, cliche guitar riffs, weak songs.
Keith has that ability to make a lot of fans think they’re getting “ the real deal” a lot of people who didn’t see the New Barbarians I assume.

Totally agree with you.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1558
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home