Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Stones in Tribeca for photo shoot
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 5, 2023 09:59

I called this one as soon as expected tour was cancelled, if they don't tour this year its because Mick can't tour.
Mick would not want to be seen as the reason they can't tour, hence no statement about his knee being the reason.
It was great while it lasted but i don't expect Mick to make a full recovery with that knee at his age.
It's very sad but age catches up with everyone, yes even Mick has heart disease etc, it happens.

Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: July 5, 2023 10:21

Can it be he danced with Mr. D en must visit Sister Morphine now?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 5, 2023 10:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-07 11:50 by Irix.

Date: July 5, 2023 11:57

Aside from the age and infirmity related issues and conjecture, I found something really moving and poignant about it all, to see the remaining Stones called to one more photo shoot - their first was on 4 May, 1963, in Chelsea - was it actually Edith Grove?! - and sixty years later, here they are in a doorway in Tribeca, perhaps for one of their last. 'It's a wrap, boys!'. This must be for the album, surely. When did they last do a street shoot like this? Maybe I see a live from a studio/streaming hybrid, rather than stadia from hereon....

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 5, 2023 12:02

And you all great IORR-Knee-Doctors can judge this by 3sec in a video????????????

THERE IS NOTHING WITH HIS KNEE.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 5, 2023 12:10

Yeah, strange world. People are starving for a rumour. And become doctors.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 5, 2023 12:36

caschimann
And you all great IORR-Knee-Doctors can judge this by 3sec in a video????????????

THERE IS NOTHING WITH HIS KNEE.

Trust me, we’re upset too.but you have to understand,with The Rolling Stones you have a fan base that have been down one helluva long road just like the band.
We’ve seen a lot of shit and we know a lot of shit.
I’ve been running and lifting weights since the mid 1970s- this is what I know.
Your muscles and bones get stronger when you work out,but time is always hiding a knife behind his back.
Your body is held together by a bunch of rubber bands with names like ACL,MCl Achilles etc and they just simply wear out.no amount of training, therapy, begging or pleading can fix them.
Surgery can but the risk of putting an 80 year old under the knife would be insane.
Sorry,it’s over-limp or not He’s walking away the GOAT.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: July 5, 2023 12:48

Bjorn

Exactly. That's what I always say - people are experts in any topic that is currently on the front page.

Anyways, no worries about Mick's health condition, so far so good smiling smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 5, 2023 13:12

thumbs up

Date: July 5, 2023 13:15

MonicaDe
Bjorn

Exactly. That's what I always say - people are experts in any topic that is currently on the front page.

Anyways, no worries about Mick's health condition, so far so good smiling smiley thumbs up

And you’re now doing exactly what you’re accusing us of right? You know it’s OK why? You’ve been here five months and have 39 posts.tell us all about The Rolling Stones sparky.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: July 5, 2023 13:44

lem motlow
MonicaDe
Bjorn

And you’re now doing exactly what you’re accusing us of right? You know it’s OK why? You’ve been here five months and have 39 posts.tell us all about The Rolling Stones sparky.

No baby, I'm "HERE" means with the band for over 25 years by now. Never accused anyone of doing anything, so kindly please go back to school, learn reading with understanding. Cheers!

Date: July 5, 2023 13:58

OK that’s great.none of us want Mick to be injured.of course we want to be wrong.
We’re just expressing opinions on things we see.
If you’re with the band and have insight it’s always welcome here.
Keep us posted.
I think I speak for everyone when I say we want to be wrong and hope you are correct.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 5, 2023 14:00

Oh help me dear doctor I’m damaged
There’s a pain, it is right in my knee
I am hiding my limping
So the world will not see
Oh I dread to be 80 years old

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 5, 2023 14:23

I think it's a case of Occam's razor here. You can only judge what you see, nothing else. Either you'll see there is something wrong, or you don't.
But if you claim the first the usual suspects are always going to come after you. It seems to be a rule at fan forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-05 16:12 by Stoneage.

Re: Stones in Tribeca New York City for photo shoot
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 5, 2023 14:55

That's just their knee-jerk reaction...

Date: July 5, 2023 15:24

Micks has a great run, pardon the pun, but the guy doesn't believe in giving second best, hope I'm wrong too but this is surely the end of touring guys, Ronnie was limping a few days ago too, these guys are lucky to be here at all, let's just hope we get the Stones album and maybe another solo album from each of them, I'd settle for that.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 5, 2023 16:30

Amazed at the the medical diagnosis going on here on so little evidence, especially when Mick has been fairly visible in public recently. Ditto Ronnie, who looked fine a few weeks ago at the James Burton gig - I saw with my own eyes - or as fine as a man of his age in remission from repeated bouts of cancer is likely to look. I may as well join in. I don't like the look of Keith's distended upper abdomen when otherwise so skinny - possible sign ailing liver. Let's be realistic - they are old men and, as old men go, in better shape than most. They are Blues men and Blues men play music till they drop.
No one seems to be speculating as to what the photoshoot was for.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 5, 2023 16:36

Having watched the actual video now there does seem to be something wrong with his leg/knee. You can see that.

What it is is pure speculation but enough to postpone the tour presumably and though perhaps not facing the inevitable, they've kicked it to 2024 and won't keep us waiting for the album past October.

My take is there's no reason not to remain optimistic.

Date: July 5, 2023 16:37

Could be worse, we could be speculating as to did he have the shot.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 5, 2023 17:39

Irix
gotdablouse

What's perplexing is why he's not doing better 4 months down the road when he has access to the best possible medical treatments available. What are the odds that he's ever going to get better now?

"The healing time is uncertain due to age" was said about Mick's injury - [iorr.org] . If the cruciate ligament was damaged, it takes 6-12 months for full recovery. If a tendon is damaged, it takes minimum 3 months.

Thing is ligament problems don't generally fix themselves on their own with time without an operation and like someone said at that age it's a big risk and not done unless it's absolutely necessary (like his heart operation).

I know the "foot" problem story came from the Ronnie gig attended by the usual suspects (and sounds like something Ronnie could have said) but that's not what it looks like in the video. Or maybe he also has a foot problem...

Anyways it's sad to see Mick limping around like that (and all alone), brought back memories of the dude in...Usual Suspects.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 5, 2023 17:45

I have seen the Ron/Van gig (on Youtube) and I didn't notice anything extraordinary with Ron's physics. He moved (jumped) around the stage the whole time. I saw no limping going on.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 5, 2023 17:59

I have no doubt that the three of them are limping on purpose just to get a rise out of this place

Date: July 5, 2023 20:56

This top notch doctor passed away and was going through the pearly gates. He saw a guy walk by wearing a white robe with a stethoscope. The doctor looked up at St. Peter and said "who is that".

St. Peter replied "It's god..........he thinks he's a doctor"

Date: July 5, 2023 21:40

The three of them looked like something out of Monty Python's silly walks.
Kurt might be right, or perhaps they just didn't know where to go or what to do and so dithered around.

Date: July 5, 2023 23:14

Had another look and Keith was pretty shaky too, especially before he walked down the curb. Sadly this is close to my heart as a close relative in their age group (closer to Bill actually) is also having some "stability" issues when walking and I'm always worried about a fall.

So since we're talking about limping, let's see who can name the song where a form of that word is used. Ready, Steady, Go !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 5, 2023 23:29

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-05 23:45 by Stoneage.

Date: July 5, 2023 23:35

gotdablouse
Had another look and Keith was pretty shaky too, especially before he walked down the curb. Sadly this is close to my heart as a close relative in their age group (closer to Bill actually) is also having some "stability" issues when walking and I'm always worried about a fall.

So since we're talking about limping, let's see who can name the song where a form of that word is used. Ready, Steady, Go !

Wired All Night smiling smiley

Date: July 5, 2023 23:46

gotdablouse

Keith walked off stage like a little lamb at Willie Nelsons 90th a couple months ago, definitely no issues with Keith's walking that i can see, he just didn't know where to go at the album photo shoot, they were all waiting to be instructed where to go so just dithering around.

Date: July 5, 2023 23:59

That's right, he looked pretty sprightly at Willy's little do.

Well done for finding "limp" ! Not the same meaning in that song I suspect though ;-)

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-06 00:40 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 6, 2023 00:29

thomashanck
a pic of all 3 see here ...
[www.youtube.com]

Looks like Mick and Keith couldn't decide which side of the street to take, Mick left and Keith right - and Ronnie, ever the diplomat, safely staying in the middle ...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home