Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: Glastonbury 2023
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 22, 2023 15:23

Had a quick look at the lineup at Glastonbury,and my fave band or artist to watch is Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders. Performing on The Park Stage Saturday evening 7.45pm.Should be on for about an hour.
Also Manic Street Preachers on another stage Saturday evening for about an hour.
[www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk]
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 14:04 by bv.

Re: O.T. Glastonbury 2023.
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 22, 2023 17:35

Glastonbury Festival - 21–25 June 2023 :

Line-ups at the other stages - [en.Wikipedia.org] , [www.GlastonburyFestivals.co.uk] .

Date: June 22, 2023 18:00

Live coverage of Glastonbury Festival will be shown across BBC One to Four, featuring all the headline acts as well as some highlights from across the smaller stages from Friday to Sunday.

Friday, June 23:

7.30pm BBC Two, highlights from performances by Texas, Gabriels, Royal Blood, Warpaint, Sparks and Young Fathers

7.30pm BBC Three, performances from Carly Rae Jepsen, Maisie Peters, Fred again..., Digga D, Shygirl, Wizkid and Stefflon Don

10.30pm BBC One, headline Pyramid Stage performance from Arctic Monkeys (until midnight)

From midnight on BBC Two, further highlights, including Kelis, Fever Ray and Hot Chip

Saturday, June 24:

5pm BBC Two, Raye, Jacob Collier, Max Richter and Rick Astley

7pm BBC Three, highlights from Tom Grennan and Aitch

8pm BBC Four, coverage including Jacob Collier

9pm BBC One, performances from Lizzo and Lewis Capaldi

9pm BBC Two, featured acts expected to include Raye and Jacob Collier

9pm BBC Four, Manic Street Preachers and Leftfield

10pm BBC Two, Guns N' Roses headline the Pyramid Stage, plus highlights from Christine and the Queens and Fatboy Slim

11pm BBC Four, Fatboy Slim

Sunday, June 25:

5pm BBC One, performances from Blondie and Rick Astley

6pm BBC Two, highlights including Yusuf/Cat Stevens in the Legends slot and Becky Hill

7pm BBC Four, highlights from The Chicks and Dermot Kennedy

8pm BBC Four, Barrington Levy and Candi Station

9pm BBC One: Elton John's last ever UK show as he closes the Pyramid Stage - [www.BBC.co.uk]

10pm BBC Four, The War on Drugs and Queens of the Stone Age

Key performances & interviews will also be streamed on BBC Music's [YouTube.com] channel - and there's also a Glasto webcam on [www.BBC.co.uk] where you can watch a bird's eye view of the festival site.

There'll also be radio coverage of the festival across BBC Radio 2 and BBC 6 Music - [www.SomersetLive.co.uk] , [FaroutMagazine.co.uk] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-22 19:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 22, 2023 18:02

I am most looking forward to Elton John on Sunday. He totally blew me away when I saw him recently at the O2 London and is now promising a "brand new" show at Glastonbury, along with a number of special guests, who will probably all be relative youngsters - or so I imagine. Sad to say that it will be his last ever show in the UK.

Date: June 22, 2023 22:32

So are they showing the whole of the hewdline shows?

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: June 22, 2023 23:15

Beast
I am most looking forward to Elton John on Sunday. He totally blew me away when I saw him recently at the O2 London and is now promising a "brand new" show at Glastonbury, along with a number of special guests, who will probably all be relative youngsters - or so I imagine. Sad to say that it will be his last ever show in the UK.

I'm glad to see he is mixing up his set for this show, but disappointed he didn't mix it up for the last leg of his NA tour... played almost an identical show to the previous NA tour.. Guess I should consider myself lucky to have seen him a few times in recent years.

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: June 22, 2023 23:25

Who cares?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 22, 2023 23:28

Wow, opening Friday at noon are the Master Musicians of Joujouka! Brian would be pleased.

Date: June 22, 2023 23:54

Rambler62
Who cares?
Not a very nice comment.
You must be a bundle of laughs. confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-22 23:55 by crawdaddy.

Date: June 23, 2023 19:07

Plenty of stuff on this BBC link.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 23, 2023 20:41

2013 - I will never forget that year. Glastonbury Girl.

Date: June 24, 2023 15:02

Foo Fighters were great Friday night and just seen Rick Astley live with his band and two lovely ladies on vocals.
First act on Saturday on The Pyramid Stage.
Loved it and so did the audience. smileys with beer
Looking forward early evening to see live Manic Street Preachers and an hour later The Pretenders

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-24 15:06 by crawdaddy.

Date: June 24, 2023 15:35

Foo Fighters, Glastonbury 2023:

[www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 24, 2023 19:32

There was doubt about whether the Arctic Monkeys would appear as Alex Turner had laryngitis last week. The Foo Fighters were probably on standby to take their headline spot if necessary, but as it happened he recovered in time, so the Foo Fighters turned up in an unscheduled afternoon slot, thinly disguised as "The Churnups", got a rapturous reception, and were amazing. The Arctic Monkeys, by most accounts, were rather underwhelming.

Date: June 24, 2023 19:38

Green Lady
There was doubt about whether the Arctic Monkeys would appear as Alex Turner had laryngitis last week. The Foo Fighters were probably on standby to take their headline spot if necessary, but as it happened he recovered in time, so the Foo Fighters turned up in an unscheduled afternoon slot, thinly disguised as "The Churnups", got a rapturous reception, and were amazing. The Arctic Monkeys, by most accounts, were rather underwhelming.
Artic monkeys are almost always underwelming. Such a great band, such great songs, just not getting it together live.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 24, 2023 20:44

Green Lady
Possibly, although it sounds like the Foos were always meant to be there. Apparently they were playing the same stage, night and spot (Pyramid, Fri, 2nd from headliner) as their Glastonbury debut 25 years earlier. So while its possible they could have also been wrangled as a headliner, that feels too deliberate (along with many rumors through the week that it would be them) for what happened to not always be the plan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2023 20:51

Good to see the Foo Fighters back again, but like the Stones without Charlie, they're missing a key element both visually and sonically without Taylor Hawkins (RIP).

Date: June 24, 2023 21:14

RollingFreak
Green Lady
Possibly, although it sounds like the Foos were always meant to be there. Apparently they were playing the same stage, night and spot (Pyramid, Fri, 2nd from headliner) as their Glastonbury debut 25 years earlier. So while its possible they could have also been wrangled as a headliner, that feels too deliberate (along with many rumors through the week that it would be them) for what happened to not always be the plan.
Yes they would been there anyway but could be upgraded.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 24, 2023 21:27

I saw the arctics on their first tour and still in my top 10 gigs ever - last night I thought was accomplished but dull. Zero banter = not great for a festival show

Im only watching on tv btw

Looking forward to guns n roses and Lizzo today, tomorrow keen to catch war on drugs, qotsa and Elton

Date: June 24, 2023 21:37

yorkshirestone
I saw the arctics on their first tour and still in my top 10 gigs ever - last night I thought was accomplished but dull. Zero banter = not great for a festival show

Im only watching on tv btw

Looking forward to guns n roses and Lizzo today, tomorrow keen to catch war on drugs, qotsa and Elton

I have to correct myself. That first 2 years they were amazing live. Those 2 albums are classics too.

Guns and roses where horrible last week. Hope they recover a bit. Looking forward to Lana del Rey who is a bit shakey bur still special and Elton, who will for sure perform a classic gig.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 24, 2023 22:52

I love Glasto, always lots of great music across multiple genres, wish they would show the headliners full sets. Maybe they do on the iplayer but more often than not you get a 30-40 mins maybe of headliner, then cut to another stage. Back to few more songs from headliner. We'll see, looking forward to GN'R and hoping for full set on BBC2 from 10pm.

The Manics also, they played Isle of Wight last weekend; only 4 songs or so on TV, hoping full set will pop up on YouTube.

Date: June 25, 2023 00:38

Give it a day or two and popular bands will have whole set on BBC iPlayer. OK if in UK but not so easy to watch anywhere else.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 25, 2023 00:41

Judging from TV, Axl's voice is not what it used to be. Guitars are great as always.

Date: June 25, 2023 00:47

Watched Rick Astley and Manic Street Preachers
live gigs today and they we're really good,but The Pretenders whole gig was outstanding with Macca watching from the stage and Johnny Marr guest on guitar and Dave Grohl guest on drums.
Absolutely brilliant gig and nothing will surpass that one with the gigs I watch on Sunday I'm sure.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 25, 2023 07:50

Twinge of sadness seeing the Manics, I remember recording some of their Glastonbury set on VHS back in 1994, Richey was still alive. He’s almost 30 years gone and he could still be there. (Even though I don’t believe it could have went any other way either)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 25, 2023 10:22

Paddy
Twinge of sadness seeing the Manics, I remember recording some of their Glastonbury set on VHS back in 1994, Richey was still alive. He’s almost 30 years gone and he could still be there. (Even though I don’t believe it could have went any other way either)

What I find sad is that they were on the smaller stage; not only that, but second on the bill? I know their heyday was back in the mid-to-late 90’s, but they’re such a legendary act. Yep: Richey Edwards-era Preachers was something else. I James Dean Bradfield said that, once Richey had gone, they lost a huge part of their imagery. Just compare how they looked circa Holy Bible to This is My Truth, Tell me Yours.

Richey’s been officially declared dead, I believe. The music lives on, though. Gold Against the Soul is an underrated album. Might play that one, later.

Date: June 25, 2023 11:00

Pretenders (feat. Johnny Marr & Dave Grohl), Manic Street Preachers, Rick Astley:

[www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] -- more BBC-Videos from Glastonbury 2023: [www.YouTube.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-25 11:15 by Irix.

Date: June 25, 2023 11:05

Guns and Roses where just horrible.

Sorry guys, time to stop.

Live and let Die was the worst render of this song i have EVER heard.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 25, 2023 11:43

Big Al
Paddy

What I find sad is that they were on the smaller stage; not only that, but second on the bill? I know their heyday was back in the mid-to-late 90’s, but they’re such a legendary act. Yep: Richey Edwards-era Preachers was something else. I James Dean Bradfield said that, once Richey had gone, they lost a huge part of their imagery. Just compare how they looked circa Holy Bible to This is My Truth, Tell me Yours.

Richey’s been officially declared dead, I believe. The music lives on, though. Gold Against the Soul is an underrated album. Might play that one, later.

I saw the Manics on the Gold Against the Soul tour, at a festival ironically enough given the topic. Yes they were a different band with Richey the tone and aesthetic of the band changed completely after his disappearance.

I’ll never forget however sitting at a party the week Everything Must Go was released and hearing the record for the first time. Every tracks a single was my immediate reaction to hearing it. The rumour in the press before it was released was they would use some of Richeys lyrics and I wondered what that could sound like, then I heard Small Black Flowers in The Sky and it was beyond what I thought they could do.

I saw them twice on the Everything Must Go tour and could have seen them 3 times, some mates did, and being honest in a live setting the band’s sound hadn’t changed a lot without Richey.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 25, 2023 14:37

Big Al
Paddy

Agreed on Gold Against the Soul, that is the album that made me a fan and all these years later the record (and its B Sides) still sound bloody good.

The last few years have seen some solo and collective Manics gold - JDBs solo 'Even in Exile' and the bands 'Ultra Vivid Lament'.

I haven't seen them since 2018 and the 'This is My Truth' shows: an album I never fully appreciated until that '18 reissue. Seeing them play it live was wonderful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-25 15:00 by IrelandCalling4.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home