Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Glastonbury 2023
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 4, 2023 09:07

Hairball
I saw them back in '86 (pre-fame), then in '88, and again in '89, and it's astonishing to hear how badly time has treated Axl's vocals.
Obviously pushing it to the limits as he did way back when has had some major drawbacks, and eventually his screeching maniacal vocal style has taken it's toll.
He should be given credit though for giving it a go, but think he might want to ease up to save whetevers left of his voice - he might not be able to even talk someday.

well, I went to see/hear Slash. The rest is more or less circus to me

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 4, 2023 10:13

Paddy
Because it wasn’t his natural voice but a forced one I think he’s wrecked his voice or burned out that part of the vocal chords. His rasp was never a natural part of his voice. Because that voice was a huge part of their sound it all sounds a bit weak now at this stage. Bad Karaoke.

It’s time they pulled the plug.

I only saw Axl twice - first in 2016 with AC/DC and then one year later in 2017 with Guns. There was a huge difference in the sound generally - AC/DC had a perfect clear sound, while Guns had probably the worst sound I have ever heard at an out-door concert (both concerts were at the same venue). And there was also a huge difference in Axl's voice. He sounded strong and sharp with AC/DC, the rasp was there. Wit Guns he sounded weak, and sung mostly in falseto.

My impression is, that while now he is saving his voice to be able to fulfill his commitments, he had to give it 100% every night with AC/DC. Why? I don´t know. Was he so excited to play with his heros that he was able to pull it off, while now he is just making money? Or was it a part of some contract he had with AC/DC? I have no idea, but it seems to me there had to be something like that, because his singing was completely different in 2016 and in 2017. After seeing him in 2017 I have no need to see Guns ever again.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 4, 2023 19:26

Happy24
Paddy
Because it wasn’t his natural voice but a forced one I think he’s wrecked his voice or burned out that part of the vocal chords. His rasp was never a natural part of his voice. Because that voice was a huge part of their sound it all sounds a bit weak now at this stage. Bad Karaoke.

It’s time they pulled the plug.

I only saw Axl twice - first in 2016 with AC/DC and then one year later in 2017 with Guns. There was a huge difference in the sound generally - AC/DC had a perfect clear sound, while Guns had probably the worst sound I have ever heard at an out-door concert (both concerts were at the same venue). And there was also a huge difference in Axl's voice. He sounded strong and sharp with AC/DC, the rasp was there. Wit Guns he sounded weak, and sung mostly in falseto.

My impression is, that while now he is saving his voice to be able to fulfill his commitments, he had to give it 100% every night with AC/DC. Why? I don´t know. Was he so excited to play with his heros that he was able to pull it off, while now he is just making money? Or was it a part of some contract he had with AC/DC? I have no idea, but it seems to me there had to be something like that, because his singing was completely different in 2016 and in 2017. After seeing him in 2017 I have no need to see Guns ever again.

the answer mkght be very easy: GnR can't fire Axl while ACDC could have done it

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home