Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones early catalogue Vinyl reissues
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 27, 2023 22:54

treaclefingers
Irix
ABKCO could do as next 'remixed & expanded' editions of (More) Hot Rocks .... like the Beatles did with the Red & Blue albums in 2023. winking smiley

Aren't these 'locked' contractually? It's the reason why we really don't see any added content for the boxsets for TSMR, BB & LIB...just mono/stereo/CD/Vinyl.
Only for albums. they can not change the artistic integrity of the albums.
Compilations is different story. They are more flexible. To remind you:
+ 3 bonus tracks to More Hot Rocks in 2002
+ 12 tracks to Rolled Gold in 2007
Completely new compilation The Very Best of The Rolling Stones 1964-1971 [ABKCO – 886902] in 2011

BTW, with Rolled Gold + (2007) they do not need to follow the steps of that other, lesser known British beat band. It covers Decca/London period almost perfectly.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2023 01:22

ironbelly
treaclefingers
Irix
ABKCO could do as next 'remixed & expanded' editions of (More) Hot Rocks .... like the Beatles did with the Red & Blue albums in 2023. winking smiley

Aren't these 'locked' contractually? It's the reason why we really don't see any added content for the boxsets for TSMR, BB & LIB...just mono/stereo/CD/Vinyl.
Only for albums. they can not change the artistic integrity of the albums.
Compilations is different story. They are more flexible. To remind you:
+ 3 bonus tracks to More Hot Rocks in 2002
+ 12 tracks to Rolled Gold in 2007
Completely new compilation The Very Best of The Rolling Stones 1964-1971 [ABKCO – 886902] in 2011

BTW, with Rolled Gold + (2007) they do not need to follow the steps of that other, lesser known British beat band. It covers Decca/London period almost perfectly.

And to think I believed your Stones knowledge was limited to the silver discs!

I stand corrected...carry on...let the games begin and the "stamp collecting" continue!

Re: New reissues
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 8, 2023 05:24

Hi Guys: Through the Past Darkly US version was pushed back by over 3 weeks. Originally due out Nov. 10 2023. Now due out Dec. 15, 2023. Also, December's Children was released on Dec. 1, 2023. That was on time. However, according to the ABKCO website, Rolling stones # 2 & Got Live if You Want It was also due out December 1, 2023. I can't even find a listing for these two. Does anyone know the deal?

Thanks,
Soulsurvivor

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 8, 2023 11:25

soulsurvivor1

Does anyone know the deal?

"Vinyl delay" due to manufacturing bottlenecks?

Re: Rolling Stones’ Early ABKCO Records Catalog Gets Vinyl Reissues
Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: December 8, 2023 11:33

Does anyone has one of these? I didn't see one of them out in the wild and I'm curious about the quality of the artwork/sleeve. The covers in the Stones in Mono box were pretty bad in my opinion.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 8, 2023 11:43

Jalfstra
Does anyone has one of these? I didn't see one of them out in the wild and I'm curious about the quality of the artwork/sleeve. The covers in the Stones in Mono box were pretty bad in my opinion.

I'm collecting these new 2022/2023/2024 series. I have 10 of them and 8 on their way. Wanted to own proper stereo versions next to the excellent mono box.
I was also a bit worried about the artwork, asked some questions about it on the stevehoffman forum. [forums.stevehoffman.tv]
You can see some side to side comparisons of pics of the new sleeves and the Mono sleeves.
Personally I think it's quite an improvement. The mono box had all glossy covers, the new ones are all matt finish and more authentic to the originals. Soundwise it's another story. I prefer the mono releases for the albums up to (and including) Between the buttons (exception: the Chess sessions, used for 12 x 5 mostly).

Re: New reissues
Date: December 8, 2023 11:51

soulsurvivor1
Hi Guys: Through the Past Darkly US version was pushed back by over 3 weeks. Originally due out Nov. 10 2023. Now due out Dec. 15, 2023. Also, December's Children was released on Dec. 1, 2023. That was on time. However, according to the ABKCO website, Rolling stones # 2 & Got Live if You Want It was also due out December 1, 2023. I can't even find a listing for these two. Does anyone know the deal?

Thanks,
Soulsurvivor

I'm collection these new pressings as well. I did not find anything either on the 2 you mention, Please keep us informed here if there is any news.
PS: do you have the 2023 Through the past darkly UK, that was released in October?

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 9, 2023 00:28

jackflash27
Jalfstra

I'm collecting these new 2022/2023/2024 series. I have 10 of them and 8 on their way. Wanted to own proper stereo versions next to the excellent mono box.
I was also a bit worried about the artwork, asked some questions about it on the stevehoffman forum. [forums.stevehoffman.tv]
You can see some side to side comparisons of pics of the new sleeves and the Mono sleeves.
Personally I think it's quite an improvement. The mono box had all glossy covers, the new ones are all matt finish and more authentic to the originals. Soundwise it's another story. I prefer the mono releases for the albums up to (and including) Between the buttons (exception: the Chess sessions, used for 12 x 5 mostly).

Hi: Which ones were released in 2022?

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: December 9, 2023 02:18

waitaminute... what year is this

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 9, 2023 02:47

2023 but getting close ta 2024

ROCKMAN

Date: December 9, 2023 07:42

Ricky
jackflash27
Jalfstra

12 X 5
Ya-ya’s
More hot rocks
Satanic majesties
And there is the 2019 let it bleed 50th version that already had a stand alone black vinyl release

Date: December 9, 2023 11:30

Ricky

See here - [iorr.org] .

Date: December 9, 2023 11:56

Irix
Ricky

See here - [iorr.org] .

Ah yes, there already was an overview of this. But some versions I own have release dates that lie in 2023, not in 2022 (source Discogs):

Afthermath (UK) 018771863717. 7 April 2023 (EU pressing)
Between the buttons (UK) 018771212713, 7 April 2023 (EU pressing)
Beggars Banquet, 018771204817, 29 september 2023
Hot rocks, 018771993018, 29 September 2023

Furthermore I see some vendors that list More hot rocks as a January 2023 release, but Discogs files it under 2022.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 10, 2023 00:58

jackflash27
Irix
Ricky

See here - [iorr.org] .

Ah yes, there already was an overview of this. But some versions I own have release dates that lie in 2023, not in 2022 (source Discogs):

Afthermath (UK) 018771863717. 7 April 2023 (EU pressing)
Between the buttons (UK) 018771212713, 7 April 2023 (EU pressing)
Beggars Banquet, 018771204817, 29 september 2023
Hot rocks, 018771993018, 29 September 2023

Furthermore I see some vendors that list More hot rocks as a January 2023 release, but Discogs files it under 2022.

Thanks !

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 11, 2023 04:12

Just got the red and blue remix comps... a glorious couple of comps that have been expanded beyond the original issues.

The Beatles win again.

Although it's not the Stones' fault - ABKCO sucks.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: December 11, 2023 13:24

At least ABKCO could do is add the original insert photo to the rerelease of England's Newest Hitmakers. Makes it a little more interesting for collectors.

Date: December 11, 2023 14:25

Mack Jigger
At least ABKCO could do is add the original insert photo to the rerelease of England's Newest Hitmakers. Makes it a little more interesting for collectors.

It is my understanding that this photo inlay is included in the new 2023 release. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 11, 2023 20:23

jackflash27
Mack Jigger

It is my understanding that this photo inlay is included in the new 2023 release. Can anyone confirm this?

Date: December 11, 2023 20:48

Nice! I'm waiting for my copies, on their way to Europe now.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: December 12, 2023 10:43

Nice! Didn't know. So finally a reissue again worth buying winking smiley

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: December 25, 2023 17:27

I just received the US version of 'Through The Past, Darkly' on vinyl and I think it sounds great. ABKCO Records did a great job with the album. It's in the original octagon cover and it sounds splendid. This album turned me onto the Stones in 1979, so it was good to get it on vinyl again. A minor thing but it looks like Brian's birth year was corrected from 1943 to 1942.
[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: January 10, 2024 02:45

Hi all; According to the ABKCO website Rolling Stones #2 was supposed to be released on December 1, 2023. To date, I see no listing anywhere, I have emailed ABKCO several times and have not received a response. Does anyone have any updated information?
Thanks,
Soulsurvivor

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: January 16, 2024 23:19

GasLightStreet
Just got the red and blue remix comps... a glorious couple of comps that have been expanded beyond the original issues.

The Beatles win again.

Although it's not the Stones' fault - ABKCO sucks.

I don't get what the Beatles win. ABKCO did do it in 2002 when they remastered the collection. More Hot Rocks had three bonus tracks added: Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, Poison Ivy version 2, and I've Been Loving You Too Long.

Date: February 14, 2024 13:20

New ABKCO re-releases on 8-Mar-2024:

LP 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out' - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

LP 'Out of Our Heads' [UK] - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

LP 'Out of Our Heads' [US] - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

LP 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-14 13:35 by Irix.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 14, 2024 20:08

Irix
New ABKCO re-releases on 8-Mar-2024:

LP 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out' - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

LP 'Out of Our Heads' [UK] - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

LP 'Out of Our Heads' [US] - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk]

Above Czech Republic pressings.

Below 2023 US/Canada pressings.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: February 25, 2024 13:11

I have a question about England's newest hit makers black that is sold only on Amazon in the USA or everywhere in the world?

Date: February 25, 2024 17:10

England's Newest Hit Makers - Black Vinyl: 2003 version - [www.jpc.de] . 2023 version - [www.Fnac.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-25 17:40 by Irix.

Date: April 3, 2024 10:55

The Rolling Stones, Now! - (10-May-2024, Black Vinyl, 018771214113) - [Tower.jp] , [www.WowHD.co.uk] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] , [www.Amazon.com] .

Got Live If You Want It! - (17-May-2024, Black Vinyl, 018771213215) - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.WowHD.co.uk] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] , [www.Amazon.com] .

Large picture of the rear cover of the 'Got Live If You Want It!' LP which says (C) 2024 ABKCO Records.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-17 20:55 by Irix.

Date: April 5, 2024 18:42

Irix
The Rolling Stones, Now! - (10-May-2024, Black Vinyl, 018771214113) - [Tower.jp] , [www.WowHD.co.uk] .

Got Live If You Want It! - (17-May-2024, Black Vinyl, 018771213215) - [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.WowHD.co.uk] . Large picture of the rear cover which says (C) 2024 ABKCO Records.

About Got Live If you want it!: is this the LP or the EP? The pictures and information on the different websites is confusing and not the same.
WowHD shows the front cover and tracklist of the EP
Amazon jp shows the Front and back cover of the LP, but the track listing of the EP

Date: April 6, 2024 00:50

jackflash27

About Got Live If you want it!: is this the LP or the EP?

Even more confusion: [RecordStoreDay.com] also shows the EP version. But the Amazon pictures show a LP version with 2024 copyright & same barcode.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home