Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Rolling Stones’ Early ABKCO Records Catalog Gets Vinyl Reissues
Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: June 13, 2023 14:15

[bestclassicbands.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-14 15:13 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stones early catalogue Vinyl reissues
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2023 14:25

From the above link as well as by [www.ABKCO.com] :

"Rolling Stones’ Early Catalog Gets Vinyl Reissues

Many of the Rolling Stones’ catalog of albums recorded between 1963 and 1970 is being reissued by ABKCO Records throughout the remainder of 2023 and into early 2024 with vinyl editions of these 16 releases on 180-gram LPs.

ABKCO Records reissued the US version of the seminal 1966 album Aftermath by The Rolling Stones on vinyl at the very end of March.

April 28 saw the reissue of their 1967 opus Between The Buttons (US).

A flurry of collections will be reissued, including the U.K. and U.S. versions of the Stones’ first hits compilation Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) on June 9 and June 16 respectively.

This is followed on June 16 by the U.S.-only release of Flowers (1967).

The band’s first official rarities collection Metamorphosis will get its own vinyl reissue on July 14.

On September 15, both the U.S. and U.K. versions of Out of Our Heads (1965) will be reissued.

The Rolling Stones’ second hits collection Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) (1969) will receive its vinyl reissue on October 20 (U.K. version) and November 10 (U.S. version).

December 1 will see the reissue of the aptly titled sophomore U.K. album The Rolling Stones No. 2 (1965), as well as December’s Children (and Everybody’s) (1965).

On December 1, Got Live If You Want It! (1966) will again see the light of day.

Both originally released in 1964, ABKCO plans on vinyl reissues for the debut U.S. album England’s Newest Hit Makers on October 6 and the debut U.K. album The Rolling Stones in early 2024.

Their third U.S. album The Rolling Stones, Now! from 1965 will also be reissued in 2024.

These 16 180-gram vinyl reissues will join the Rolling Stones back catalog that ABKCO has long kept in print, including 12 x 5 (1964), Aftermath (UK version, 1966), Between the Buttons (UK version, 1967), Their Satanic Majesties Request (1967), Beggars Banquet (1968), Let It Bleed (1969), the live album Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! The Rolling Stones In Concert (1970), and the collections Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (1971) and More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies) from 1972."

Stones Vinyl-reissues of Flowers, Metamorphosis, Between the Buttons (US/UK), and Aftermath (US/UK), see also here: [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Stones SHM-CD reissues of the Studio-albums 1971-1986 see here - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-13 16:05 by Irix.

Re: New reissues
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 13, 2023 14:53

FNAC.fr
Aftermath US €27,99
[www.fnac.com]

Aftermarh UK €27,99
[www.fnac.com]

Between The Buttons US €27,99
[www.fnac.com]

Between The Buttons UK €27,99
[www.fnac.com]

Flowers €27,99
[www.fnac.com]

Metamorphosis €27,99
[www.fnac.com]

Big Hits 1 US $32,99
[www.amazon.com]

Big Hits 1 UK $32,99
[www.amazon.com]

Shipping costs JPC.de is for vinyl free, PLatenzaak.NL & Bravado.de are much expensiver as FNAC.fr with shipping costs.

Re: RS’ early catalogue gets Vinyl reissues
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 13, 2023 15:43

Irix
From the above link (and abbreviated):

"Rolling Stones’ Early Catalog Gets Vinyl Reissues

Many of the Rolling Stones’ catalog of albums recorded between 1963 and 1970 is being reissued by ABKCO Records throughout the remainder of 2023 and into early 2024 with vinyl editions of these 16 releases on 180-gram LPs.

A flurry of collections will be reissued, including the U.K. and U.S. versions of the Stones’ first hits compilation Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) on June 9 and June 16 respectively.

This is followed on June 16 by the U.S.-only release of Flowers (1967).

The band’s first official rarities collection Metamorphosis will get its own vinyl reissue on July 14.

On September 15, both the U.S. and U.K. versions of Out of Our Heads (1965) will be reissued.

The Rolling Stones’ second hits collection Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2) (1969) will receive its vinyl reissue on October 20 (U.K. version) and November 10 (U.S. version).

December 1 will see the reissue of the aptly titled sophomore U.K. album The Rolling Stones No. 2 (1965), as well as December’s Children (and Everybody’s) (1965).

On December 1, Got Live If You Want It! (1966) will again see the light of day.

Both originally released in 1964, ABKCO plans on vinyl reissues for the debut U.S. album (England’s Newest Hit Makers) on October 6 and the debut U.K. album (The Rolling Stones) in early 2024.

Their third U.S. album The Rolling Stones, Now! from 1965 will also be reissued in 2024.

These 16 180-gram vinyl reissues will join the Rolling Stones back catalog that ABKCO has long kept in print, including 12 x 5 (1964), Aftermath (UK version, 1966), Between the Buttons (UK version, 1967), Their Satanic Majesties Request (1967), Beggars Banquet (1968), Let It Bleed (1969), the live album Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! The Rolling Stones In Concert (1970), and the collections Hot Rocks 1964-1971 (1971) and More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies) from 1972."

Stones Vinyl-reissues of Flowers, Metamorphosis, Between the Buttons (US/UK), and Aftermath (US/UK), see also here: [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] , [Tower.jp] , [Store.AcousticSounds.com] .

Hoping Got Live isn’t just a re-issue. The fake crowd noise is terrible.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2023 15:58

Very hard to get excited about this. I guess GOT LIVE might be interesting, maybe Metamorphosis and Flowers?

Everything else I have multiple versions on multiple platforms. Good I guess to keep available for new fans but I can't see these as being massive sellers.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 13, 2023 16:59

Quite agree...

...but my problem is that I often can't resist buying them

....just in case, by some very unlikely accident, they sound especially good,grinning smiley

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 13, 2023 17:34

It seems silly to us but record companies do this every few years with legacy artists. This reissue campaign is for newbies. We are not the target market.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 13, 2023 17:53

treaclefingers
Very hard to get excited about this. I guess GOT LIVE might be interesting, maybe Metamorphosis and Flowers?

Everything else I have multiple versions on multiple platforms. Good I guess to keep available for new fans but I can't see these as being massive sellers.

No reason to get excited. But, of course, your collection needs some fresh new copies, Treacle... Feelings aside, man's gotta do what man's gotta do...

- Doxa

Date: June 13, 2023 18:06

Doxa
treaclefingers

No reason to get excited. But, of course, your collection needs some fresh new copies, Treacle... Feelings aside, man's gotta do what man's gotta do...

- Doxa

Hmmm...I hadn't considered "vinyl freshness"!

You may in fact be on to something Doxa. I suddenly feel vinylly reinvigorated!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 13, 2023 18:22

I spend a fortune on recent ABKCO Anniversary releases, mono boxsets and RS day specials and the complete SHM collection, So I guess I'm not the target market indeed..

But GYYYO on 180 grams vinyl and a nicely restored cover?.. Take my Money!!!

A re-release of the Singles Collection vinyl box would pretty neat too by the way...

Date: June 13, 2023 18:58

ribbelchips
I spend a fortune on recent ABKCO Anniversary releases, mono boxsets and RS day specials and the complete SHM collection, So I guess I'm not the target market indeed..

A re-release of the Singles Collection vinyl box would pretty neat too by the way...

Let us not forget we still have available last year's box set of the ACTUAL singles, 1963-66, with at some point this year the supposed second half of that, 66-69.

This has become a financially painful experience!

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: June 13, 2023 19:17

Abkco nous prends pour des pigeons !

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 13, 2023 19:31

I do not plan to purchase any of those. You can have my copy.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2023 06:27

treaclefingers

FLOWERS is a great album!

Date: June 14, 2023 10:10

treaclefingers
ribbelchips

Let us not forget we still have available last year's box set of the ACTUAL singles, 1963-66, with at some point this year the supposed second half of that, 66-69.

This has become a financially painful experience!

Yeah I know, but i'm not playing singles anymore. Too many actions to take for those 3 or 4 minutes...

I just found out that Get yer ya ya's out is NOT part of this reissue series sad smiley
The one album in my Decca/London collection that really needs replacement or a proper upgrade.

Date: June 14, 2023 10:40

ribbelchips

I just found out that Get yer ya ya's out is NOT part of this reissue series

Because it's still in print according to [www.ABKCO.com] . It's in stock e.g. at [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Bravado.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Fnac.com] , [www.Amazon.fr] .

Date: June 14, 2023 12:17

Yeah I know, but it's from the 'low-budget' 2003 series. Compressed sound, poor bass..No 180 grams vinyl.

Date: June 14, 2023 17:23

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

FLOWERS is a great album!

indeed!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 14, 2023 17:26

rbk
It seems silly to us but record companies do this every few years with legacy artists. This reissue campaign is for newbies. We are not the target market.

Pretty sure we (well, not me) are the target market. It's pretty obvious they found a way to keep reissuing the same songs and the same people keep buying them over & over.

Date: June 14, 2023 17:30

LeonidP
rbk

Pretty sure we (well, not me) are the target market. It's pretty obvious they found a way to keep reissuing the same songs and the same people keep buying them over & over.

Agreed.

Your Honor, Exhibit #1 - Rolling Stones MONO box set in coloured vinyl.

Re: Rolling Stones’ Early ABKCO Records Catalog Gets Vinyl Reissues
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 15, 2023 17:15

No bonus tracks? Guess we all got the records allready, why buy again (unless your old copy is worn out smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2023 04:22

I suppose if money is not a concern then getting freshly printed vinyl albums of this lot would be fantastic. There's really nothing to disagree with such a reissue of this nature other than if one has pristine copies already.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: June 18, 2023 19:53

does anyone think godzi and panama powder room will ever see the light of day
has anyone heard these tracks?????

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 19, 2023 22:25

kkhoranstoned
does anyone think godzi and panama powder room will ever see the light of day
has anyone heard these tracks?????
I have come to the belief they didn't exist or they do under a different name. As much stuff that has been booted yet not a peep of these 2 tracks is very suspicious

Date: June 19, 2023 22:45

DrPete

I have come to the belief they didn't exist or they do under a different name.

Both tracks are mentioned in the Aug/Nov 1966 recording sessions - see NZentgraf.de, StonesSessions.com and Aeppli.ch .

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: June 21, 2023 20:43

It is known if there will be a chest to store the 16 vinyls of this edition

Date: June 21, 2023 23:20

mick64

It is known if there will be a chest to store the 16 vinyls of this edition

There's no mention of a slipcase on [www.ABKCO.com] . Seems that the 16 LPs are just a repress (piece by piece) and not a box set.

Date: October 27, 2023 21:35

ABKCO could do as next 'remixed & expanded' editions of (More) Hot Rocks .... like the Beatles did with the Red & Blue albums in 2023. winking smiley

Date: October 27, 2023 22:12

Irix
ABKCO could do as next 'remixed & expanded' editions of (More) Hot Rocks .... like the Beatles did with the Red & Blue albums in 2023. winking smiley

Aren't these 'locked' contractually? It's the reason why we really don't see any added content for the boxsets for TSMR, BB & LIB...just mono/stereo/CD/Vinyl.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 27, 2023 22:16

... locked contractualy since 1970..!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home