Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: «Anita» - new Anita Pallenberg documentary premieres at Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 21, 2023 10:19

Cristiano Radtke
Trailer: [www.festival-cannes.com]

Thanks for posting and looking forward

Re: «Anita» - new Anita Pallenberg documentary premieres at Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 23, 2023 03:35

Here's a different trailer which I don't believe was posted yet.

[www.festival-cannes.com]

First time ever hearing Angela or Marlon speak. Always wondered how strong of an accent Marlon has since he spent so much time in the States as kid.

Gorgeous footage of Keith by a river at the end.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: May 23, 2023 05:21

CindyC

First time ever hearing Angela or Marlon speak. Always wondered how strong of an accent Marlon has since he spent so much time in the States as kid.

Thanks for posting.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: May 23, 2023 05:44

Cristiano Radtke

Thanks for posting

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 23, 2023 09:18

Fanks CindyC .... wanna see the whole thing

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 23, 2023 10:10

A third trailer here

Trailer 3

Performance related.

HMN

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 23, 2023 10:23

Has Mick ever been cooler than in 1968, Performance and Rock & Roll Circus? That was his peak I think.

Date: May 23, 2023 11:36

Can't wait! thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2023 11:53

CindyC

Marlon looks like Keith (the chin) but Angela speaks like him ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2023 13:14

Wonderful-looking clips! Probably this is the missing piece in all Rolling Stones-related bios and documentaries to get the whole story covered. You know, from the legendary and ground-breaking days when all mattered.

She really was something else.

- Doxa

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 23, 2023 15:05

So glad this has been made. Simon Wells book on Anita was a good effort, but lacking in many ways.

I am of course interested in Anita in her own right, but it will be interesting to see what is said about Brian. hot smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 23, 2023 15:27

If it doesn't reach our cinemas I dare say it will up on Netflix or similar before too long.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 23, 2023 15:33

Enticing footage. Certainly, there is quite a complex human interest story here for Stones fans. I think with Marlon involved it has to be taken seriously because he was there, and is quite artistic and intelligent. It shapes up to be a must see if it becomes available for commercial distribution. Bring it on!

Date: May 23, 2023 16:27

His Majesty
So glad this has been made. Simon Wells book on Anita was a good effort, but lacking in many ways.

I am of course interested in Anita in her own right, but it will be interesting to see what is said about Brian. hot smiley

From 4:56 and onwards Spanish Tony says a bit on the subject; provided that you take him seriously.

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 23, 2023 17:32

I don't take him too seriously. grinning smiley

Date: May 23, 2023 18:09

His Majesty
I don't take him too seriously. grinning smiley

smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 23, 2023 20:13

The footage looks great. It's a little jarring to have Scarlet Johansson do voice over as Anita. An actress with a slight German accent would have kept the illusion up better.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 23, 2023 22:27

It looks like a must see. There is also a book about the muses on the way:

[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 24, 2023 11:45

Cristiano Radtke

Does anybody know where the music comes from? Sort of Velvet Underground playing Beast of Burden vibe. I like it.

C

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 25, 2023 05:26

Rocky Dijon
Purely speculation, but I would imagine Anita played a part as a major or minor lyrical subject of You Got the Silver, Monkey Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, I Got the Blues, Moonlight Mile, Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup, Happy, Angie, Hand of Fate, Crazy Mama, Let Me Go, Down in the Hole, All About You, Too Tough, and Thief in the Night at a minimum.

Some of them maybe more Marianne or a mix of both. Good choices! I've always thought Crazy Mama was Bianca but maybe not.

I will add Keith's part of Memory Motel, Turd On The Run, Beast of Burden, All The Way Down, If You Really Want to Be My Friend, Keith's take of We Had It All, and Sleep Tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-25 06:40 by big4.

Date: May 25, 2023 05:30

DandelionPowderman
24FPS
riccardo99
All About You

There's a possibility.

About Anita (and Mick), according to Keith.

Pretty sure All About You is pretty much all about Mick as the line "they weren't about her" would be referring to Anita in a sense exonerating her.

Date: May 25, 2023 05:46

ProfessorWolf
i don't know what the rolling stones would have been like without anita

but i'm sure it would have been very different

It's no coincidence their 1968-1972 run coincides to her rise and fall as well as Marianne's (who left their orbit at the dawn of the 70s).Muses of their quality don't grow on trees and their influences can be heard all through the grooves.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 25, 2023 11:45

24FPS
The footage looks great. It's a little jarring to have Scarlet Johansson do voice over as Anita. An actress with a slight German accent would have kept the illusion up better.

or at least have her put on a accentconfused smiley

but whatever why worry over minor flaws this looks like it could be really really good

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: May 25, 2023 18:58

big4
Rocky Dijon
Purely speculation, but I would imagine Anita played a part as a major or minor lyrical subject of You Got the Silver, Monkey Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, I Got the Blues, Moonlight Mile, Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup, Happy, Angie, Hand of Fate, Crazy Mama, Let Me Go, Down in the Hole, All About You, Too Tough, and Thief in the Night at a minimum.

Some of them maybe more Marianne or a mix of both. Good choices! I've always thought Crazy Mama was Bianca but maybe not.

I will add Keith's part of Memory Motel, Turd On The Run, Beast of Burden, All The Way Down, If You Really Want to Be My Friend, Keith's take of We Had It All, and Sleep Tonight.

A while back I'd read that "Miss Amanda Jones" was perhaps written with Anita in mind......and Mr. Jones.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: May 25, 2023 22:00

i once read that brian jones had an affair 1966-67 with amanda lear -
amanda jones ?
[www.whosdatedwho.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 25, 2023 22:40

‘Anita’ Review: Dazzling Anita Pallenberg, Paramour Of Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards, Mick Jagger & Brian Jones, Emerges In Her Own Right — Cannes

By Matthew Carey
May 25, 2023

Cannes Film Festival

[deadline.com]

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 26, 2023 09:55

I look forward to seeing this when it's available online. I hope it isn't all whitewash, because for much of her adult life at least, Anita was a toxic and destructive force.

Anita Pallenberg Gets Her Own Documentary
Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: May 31, 2023 07:56

According to Variety magazine, there is a new documentary about Anita Pallenberg called "Anita." It's "one of the darkest portraits of the rock world," the magazine says.

"Anita" review

Re: Anita Pallenberg Gets Her Own Documentary
Date: May 31, 2023 09:46

More here: [iorr.org]

Re: Anita Pallenberg Gets Her Own Documentary
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2023 10:03

Fanks Pietro ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2114
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home