Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Do fans deserve an official statement?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 18, 2023 15:45

Dan
Bjorn
Yes. Every relationship needs healthy communication. But if you are satisfied with not knowing - good for you. I´m not.

Any relationship is completely imaginary on your part and is likely not healthy.

No truer thing said .......... thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 18, 2023 15:56

Do fans deserve an official statement?

If there is something to "officially state," then yes. Until then, not so much.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 18, 2023 16:02

I'm not sure we deserved The Rolling Stones in the first place...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 18, 2023 16:11

I´m not a fan? Stones play empty stadiums? No one has ever bought their records? The relationship between the band and the fans don´t exist? It´s just an illusion? No interwievs? No tv - no marketing? No psychology involved at all??? It´s just empty - no relation what so ever? No communication? They don´t love the energy from the audience? Mick doesn´t choose songs that will give him good response? There is no relationship? And people don´t love feedback? Communication? The energy between a band and the fans is just something I JUST invented??? I´m not healthy??? Really Dan?? And your followers! Brave!!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 18, 2023 16:21

......................OFFICIAL FAN STATEMENT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-02 15:49 by schillid.

Date: April 18, 2023 16:25

Bjorn
I´m not a fan? Stones play empty stadiums? No one has ever bought their records? The relationship between the band and the fans don´t exist? It´s just an illusion? No interwievs? No tv - no marketing? No psychology involved at all??? It´s just empty - no relation what so ever? No communication? They don´t love the energy from the audience? Mick doesn´t choose songs that will give him good response? There is no relationship? And people don´t love feedback? Communication? The energy between a band and the fans is just something I JUST invented??? I´m not healthy??? Really Dan?? And your followers! Brave!!!

But do they owe us a statement, when they didn't announce anything in the first place?

By that logic they should give a statement every day, because of our loyal fandom smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2023 16:29

onestep
The fans didn't even deserve the official El Mocambo release --

actually...we definitely deserved that!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 18, 2023 16:47

I wouldn't be surprised if there's people who believe their guesswork on rumoured shows and the itinerary actually lays the groundwork in conjuring up what would later become the tour. Feedback-loop type of grip on reality. Then it's like you've been betrayed now

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 18, 2023 16:57

No.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2023 17:27

Nikkei
I wouldn't be surprised if there's people who believe their guesswork on rumoured shows and the itinerary actually lays the groundwork in conjuring up what would later become the tour. Feedback-loop type of grip on reality. Then it's like you've been betrayed now

I didn't get how they could actually reserve hotel rooms guessing the likely dates for the shows. Like the planning that would have to go into that if you're following them around on tour would be a full time job.

The Stones tour planning committee could probably have used some of that initiative to their advantage for this tour!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 18, 2023 17:35

treaclefingers
Nikkei

I didn't get how they could actually reserve hotel rooms guessing the likely dates for the shows.

That was possible if you booked your hotels based on rumored dates. I think I got the Munich hotel booked at a cheaper rate that way. Also, if you counted the number of off days the Stones usually have between shows, it was possible to "connect the dots" and guess some of the show dates before they were posted here as rumors - let alone announced officially.

Munich is just an example, but I booked the room in February, and the tour was only officially announced in mid-March.

I also got my Paris and Stockholm hotels a bit cheaper because I was informed of the eventual show dates beforehand. And that info proved correct. (For the longest time, July 23 was the generally rumored date of the Vienna show, but I got good word Paris would land on July 23 instead - and acted accordingly. The Stockholm date I had long before it was added to the IORR rumor list.)

Goes without saying that any booking based on a rumor or a hunch has to be fully refundable, and preferably with no money down.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-18 18:25 by Topi.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 18, 2023 17:56

Nikkei

There’s a weatherman where I used to live who occasionally reminds his viewers to “remember that the forecast charts don’t actually control the weather “.

Date: April 18, 2023 18:27

The only thing we deserve from The Rolling Stones is what we already have.

Great music to listen to.

Great memories from the hundreds of shows I have been to.

Everything else is irrelevant. At least to me.

Maybe we should think of what they want from us. Patience.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 18, 2023 18:31

Of course they do. Every morning Mick needs to post on Instagram, Keith on Tik Tok, Ronnie on Facebook, Daryl on Snapchat, Chuck on Twitter, Karl on Live For Live Music and Steve on RollingStone.Com.

We need to know what they are eating, drinking and even their personal thoughts......Come on man, They owe us nothing at this point in their lives. Anything they CHOOSE to share with us is all they need to share.

Date: April 18, 2023 18:40

schillid

Everybody needs a ventilator.thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2023 18:50

thecitadel

A tour sometime in 2023 was expected, and indeed strongly hinted at by all 3 band members.

Where was it strongly hinted? Especially by Mick & Ronnie? The short remark by Keith on Jan. 11th that he hopes to see us?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 18, 2023 19:13

daspyknows
Of course they do. Every morning Mick needs to post on Instagram, Keith on Tik Tok, Ronnie on Facebook, Daryl on Snapchat, Chuck on Twitter, Karl on Live For Live Music and Steve on RollingStone.Com.

We need to know what they are eating, drinking and even their personal thoughts......Come on man, They owe us nothing at this point in their lives. Anything they CHOOSE to share with us is all they need to share.

Perfect. Thank you!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 18, 2023 19:25

That would be hilarious if they oficially apologised for something that wasn't oficially announced.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 18, 2023 19:42

Bjorn

Oh yeah the psychology involved is exploiting these emotions on your part to free you from more of your money but an actual two-way relationship where each party has any sort of input and personal connection to each other is completely imaginary on your part, if not unique to mass media culture and the reason the band has a security team.

The only real relationship is that of product and customer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-18 19:44 by Dan.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 18, 2023 21:14

Just saw this on their FB page:

"We're really, really, really sorry. We wanted to take your money this year. Although we never announced we were taking your money this year, we understand that some of you feel cheated that you can't give us your money. In the spirit of fair play, we promise to charge twice as much next time just to make you feel better."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 18, 2023 21:36

Rocky you are a naughty boy... grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2023 21:40

Rocky Dijon

Just saw this on their FB page:

You meant Elon Musk's new TruthGPT ?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 18, 2023 21:41

I think it all comes down to getting insurance as Mick is not a chancer and would not tour without getting insurance.
My take on this , and it's just a theory, Ronnie was nowhere to be seen from August last year to last month, that's unusual for dear Ronnie, i had the feeling he was getting another round of treatments of some kind or another and that paused any chance of passing medicals for the tour that was delayed but never announced. ( Just my pennies worth and I'm probably wrong.)
Ronnie proved his fitness recently as we all witnessed when he played for 2 hours, ( so will pass a medical now i would guess ) so expect to see them tour later this year, thats my prediction.

Date: April 18, 2023 21:54

Natlanta
Nikkei

There’s a weatherman where I used to live who occasionally reminds his viewers to “remember that the forecast charts don’t actually control the weather “.

haha exactly

Date: April 18, 2023 22:05

Dan
Bjorn

Oh yeah the psychology involved is exploiting these emotions on your part to free you from more of your money but an actual two-way relationship where each party has any sort of input and personal connection to each other is completely imaginary on your part, if not unique to mass media culture and the reason the band has a security team.

The only real relationship is that of product and customer.

I tend to think along these lines and then remind myself not to. There's real emotions conveyed in the songs, an emotional reservoir if you will that money can't buy and that transcends the commodity form.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 18, 2023 22:38

I guess they are still considering options. I find it more interesting to know what plans they have for releasing the album. They might post in the new album thread ... winking smiley

Posted by: MLH ()
Date: April 25, 2023 20:47

Yes, the posting of "Patience Please" says to me "We're working on it", which is good enough for me. Any more detailed formal statement would just result in people have more questions, too.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 25, 2023 21:08

No. The Stones will announce when they are good & ready.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: April 25, 2023 21:40

No, we don't. We should consider ourselves extremely lucky that we even have access to this site and the information shared here.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 26, 2023 01:13

Some may feel entitled to a statement, but no, “The Fans” already know what’s happening through places like this. It’s only when the tours are over we’ll know how lucky we have been. We are owed nothing.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home