Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Do fans deserve an official statement?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 17, 2023 20:01

We do. And the grocery store owes us an official announcement when they're out of pineapples. Really, any time we don't get instant gratification, we deserve an official announcement from someone for letting us down.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2023 21:50

You mean like all passenger pilots after landing ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 17, 2023 22:39

"Never complain, never explain" - Rock Royalty

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: June 18, 2023 00:54

They owe us nothing nowadays. It's true they owe us being millionaires. But they are nearly 80 years old, Charlie's gone and it's a miracle Ronnie and Keef don't need roller fans. Everything that will come from now on is a bonus. New songs, maybe an album, some concerts. They could retire if they want it, grow roses or weed, whatever. I'm glad for everything they drop.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 19, 2023 14:27

The Stones don't owe us anything, but on the other hand.. For decades, we as fans were used to the fact that every fart Mick or Keith let, it became a headline. Photographers lay behind every bush and journalist had te write Stones-related news on a weekly basis...

But those days are long over. And now they hardly even write about the band or it's members anymore in magazines or newspapers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but officially, we still don't know Charlie's cause of death. And this tour's postponement nor the rumoured dates never made it to the big public too... That would never have happened in the 1970's or 80's.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 19, 2023 15:33

Didn't some of the rumored cities/dates make it, though? Cleveland? Not that it was to the "big public", but I think Cleveland was mentioned somewhere

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-19 15:34 by Topi.

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: June 19, 2023 19:20

We didn't deserve 'em in the first place, so no point in worrying about it now

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 19, 2023 19:40

We don’t deserve a Statement, but I hope the next one I hear starts with Ladies and Gentlemen…!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 19, 2023 20:14

SomeTorontoGirl
We don’t deserve a Statement, but I hope the next one I hear starts with Ladies and Gentlemen…!

Or "The Rolling Stones Announce..."

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 19, 2023 20:24

ribbelchips
The Stones don't owe us anything, but on the other hand.. For decades, we as fans were used to the fact that every fart Mick or Keith let, it became a headline. Photographers lay behind every bush and journalist had te write Stones-related news on a weekly basis...

But those days are long over. And now they hardly even write about the band or it's members anymore in magazines or newspapers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but officially, we still don't know Charlie's cause of death. And this tour's postponement nor the rumoured dates never made it to the big public too... That would never have happened in the 1970's or 80's.

According to the Wikipedia article about Charlie, Keith did announce his cause of death.

From the Wikipedia article:

Watts died at a London hospital on 24 August 2021, at the age of 80, with his family around him.[52][53] Although, the cause of death was not immediately made public, Keith Richards announced in March 2022 that Watts died from throat cancer.[54]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2023 20:40

Javadave

According to the Wikipedia article about Charlie, Keith did announce his cause of death.

But the cause of Charlie's death was not officially announced by his family. And there's more to the cause than mentioned by Keith - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 20, 2023 00:40

Javadave
ribbelchips

From the Wikipedia article:

Watts died at a London hospital on 24 August 2021, at the age of 80, with his family around him.[52][53] Although, the cause of death was not immediately made public, Keith Richards announced in March 2022 that Watts died from throat cancer.[54]

Well, if you click on the link on that page which takes you to the interview, he doesnt actually say that at all. He says he had a bout of cancer a year or two earlier and it came back - he doesnt specify what it was.

The journalist who wrote the article merely states that Charlie had throat cancer in 2004.

[rock1015.com]#

Ronnie also pretty much indicated previously that Charlie died of cancer by saying that when he visited him in hospital in summer 2021 that Charlie was in the same hospital ward that he (Ronnie) had been in when getting his (cancer) treatment a couple of years earlier.

Bottom line is that we dont have the 'right' to know. His family even asked his biographer to not disclose it in the 'Charlie is Good Tonight' book which came out last year. Which is fair enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-20 00:41 by Gazza.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 20, 2023 14:50

of course it's fair enough. And I respect that. But if this would have happened some 20-30 years ago, we would have known it.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 20, 2023 16:14

Yeah,

When delays were due to Keith falling off something or other...the buggers always grassed him up !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 21, 2023 03:40

ribbelchips
of course it's fair enough. And I respect that. But if this would have happened some 20-30 years ago, we would have known it.

We didnt know Charlie had a heroin problem in the 80s until he admitted it in the mid 90's, so I wouldnt bet on it.

Some people in showbiz manage to keep things secret. Bob Dylan was married to one of his backing singers from 1986 to 1992 and had a daughter with her. It didnt become public knowledge until a biography mentioned it in 2001. Dylan himself has never talked about it. Even in his 'Chronicles' autobiography he mentions 'my wife' in a chapter about his life in the late 60s and again in a chapter about the late 80's. No names. He doesnt even hint that it's two different wives!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-21 03:43 by Gazza.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 23, 2023 18:39

The sound of silence, the best statement IMO

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home