Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O. Jagger
Date: October 8, 2022 10:25

www.hofer-filmtage.com/en/news/2022/olaf-jagger-eroeffnet-die-56-internationalen-hofer-filmtage

Re: German fictional film - "OLAF JAGGER"
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2022 10:40

The "OLAF JAGGER" film is a mischievous, fictional documentary with German comedian Olaf Schubert as the main actor.

From the above link:

"VIP news will be buzzing when the 56th Hof International Film Festival opens with the film OLAF JAGGER by Heike Fink on 25th October 2022. The well-known artist Olaf Schubert finds an old tape in the cellar of his parents' house; it contains an interview with his mother and Mick Jagger. And that was in 1965! At that time, his parents' house was in the former GDR and the Wall was a closed border.

OLAF JAGGER now sets out on a detective mission to unearth this secret. It becomes a journey full of absurd situations and curious entanglements in the East-West conundrum. The film is about parents you can choose yourself, about rock'n'roll with a beating heart in both the West and the East. With a roguish wink at the audience, this mischievous, fictional mockumentary reflects a part of GDR history anew.

Thorsten Schaumann, artistic director: 'As soon as I heard the film title OLAF JAGGER, all my antennae were alert: Two prominent names mentioned in the same breath. What Is the connection between OLAF Schubert and Mick JAGGER? Director Heike Fink takes us on a sensitive search for identity, unearthing something truly astonishing in the process. It is the most surprising opening film that could have happened to us all.'

Director Heike Fink, born in 1968, has already received a number of awards for her documentary films and documentations, including the German Television Award and the Golden Sparrow. She is a scriptwriter, writes novels and non-fiction, and teaches at various German universities. OLAF JAGGER is her fourth work as a director. The film was produced by Ester.Reglin.Film GmbH in co-production with ZDF. Distributor Neue Visionen will be releasing the film in cinemas on 6th April 2023."

Date: October 8, 2022 11:05

Everything is fictional in this 2023 film:

"Comedian Olaf Schubert plays the lead role of a man who finds a tape in the cellar of his parents' house on which an interview with his mother and Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger can be heard. It dates from 1965 - and that was when the house was still in the former GDR. He now sets out on a detective search for the secret behind this tape recording and gets into many absurd situations and East-West entanglements."

[Beta.BlickpunktFilm.de] - (in German)

Date: October 8, 2022 12:00

Scene from the film with actor Olaf Schubert. The newspapers are real and from the RS' 2017 Düsseldorf show:

Large picture

It's the same Olaf Schubert who in 2017 fooled the Stones-fans waiting at the Düsseldorf Hotel "Breidenbacher Hof" - [www.Bild.de] .

Re: O. Jagger
Date: October 8, 2022 13:24

Date: October 8, 2022 14:20

Pictures from the 'Olaf Jagger' film:

[www.Filmstarts.de]

In an interview on 30-May-2020 with the newspaper Sächsische Zeitung said Olaf Schubert about the idea of this film:

"Q: Did you have more luck and ideas for new projects despite the [covid-19] crisis? A: Indeed. I've only just found out that I'm Mick Jagger's son. And that's going to be the subject of a documentary film that we're shooting from the summer. My mother was a journalist at the first Stones concert in Münster, actually to bring the band to the GDR. That's when it must have happened. We are now creating the father-son rapprochement as a road movie with stops in France, England and probably the Seychelles. Q: Do you think Mick Jagger will welcome you with open arms? A: Of course he will. Anything else would surprise me."

Note, that Olaf Schubert is a comedian from Dresden (Saxony), that Olaf Schubert is just his stage-name and that the Rolling Stones were in 1965 forbidden in the GDR for a long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-07 11:25 by Irix.

Date: October 8, 2022 15:07

Irix

In an interview on 30-May-2020 with the newspaper Sächsische Zeitung said Olaf Schubert about the idea of this film:

Date: October 8, 2022 15:20

There was on 30-Apr-2020 also an article with Olaf Schubert in the newspaper Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ) which mentions his Mick-Jagger-idea. But it's paywalled - [www.WAZ.de] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 8, 2022 15:47

Mick-Jagger?

Date: October 8, 2022 15:51

Topi
Mick-Jagger?

It’s a German language thing, difficult to explain. Drop the “-“ off and anything is English.smiling smiley

Date: October 8, 2022 15:52

Ahh-got-it. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-08 15:52 by Topi.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2022 16:27

Actually he looks more like Chris Jagger. Maybe it's Chris' son?!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 8, 2022 16:38

That's what I was thinking, he's got his fake dad's and brother's hair...so miracles do happen ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 8, 2022 19:05

I noticed the Chris Jagger resemblance too.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2022 20:30

Topi
I noticed the Chris Jagger resemblance too.

OK, it seems we're 90% sure this is Chris's baby. Let's just go with that then!

Date: October 8, 2022 20:33

Now I really wanna see it!

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 9, 2022 10:53

It's said to be pretty good. I'm curious.
Too bad we share the same first name, lol.

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: October 9, 2022 10:55

It' nice and funny!

Date: October 26, 2022 10:15

Headline: Opening Film was Outstanding

Picture caption: Funny, instructive and undetermined result until the end, „Olaf Jagger“ ist he perfect opening film for the 56th International Filmfestival in Hof (Bavaria).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-26 10:20 by child-of-the-moon.

Date: October 26, 2022 13:30

Local screenings in Hof + Q&A-Video with the director (in German) - [Stream.Hofer-Filmtage.com] .

A short news-article (English) - [www.Hofer-Filmtage.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-26 13:45 by Irix.

Date: November 6, 2022 17:00

TV-Report (in German) about the 56th Hofer Filmtage with snippets from the film 'Olaf Jagger':

Bayerischer Rundfunk and 3sat, 'kinokino extra' (31-Oct-2022, 00:45am and 6-Nov-2022, 12:00pm) - [www.BR.de] , [www.3sat.de] .

Report about the 'Olaf Jagger' film from Pos. 0m:58s to Pos. 5m:35s - the same in the HD-Video.

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: November 7, 2022 07:31

Thanks for the links Irix, crazy thing with "Olaf Jagger" grinning smiley

Date: November 7, 2022 10:00

Before the film 'Olaf Jagger' comes to cinemas in Germany from 6-Apr-2023, it'll also be part of the Kinofest in Lünen (near Dortmund) on 25-Nov-2022 - [Kinofest.film] .

Date: November 28, 2022 13:15

New clothing for Olaf Schubert .... winking smiley

[Carnaby.TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home