Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: German fictional film - "OLAF JAGGER"
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 6, 2023 23:00

Official Trailer:

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: April 6, 2023 23:20

This fictional mockumentary will be released on DVD, 19-Oct-2023 :

[www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.de] .

Date: April 6, 2023 23:25

In Germany it runs only in a few cinemas - [www.Filmstarts.de] .

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: April 15, 2023 15:26

Went to the see the movie yesterday to take the last chance at least in that cinema, was one out of 8 visitors in the afternoon session.

The film is not bad, more about East Germany than about Jagger or anything else.

Nice to see recent book authors Olaf Boehme and Gerd Coordes having appearances.

Some new elements of history for me too, for example the '88 Youth Festival in Berlin with City when the singer cited the text instead singing the song, because Mielke in the audience did not like it. Recognized the Weissensee site as same place where few years later we saw the first Stones show in Ost-Berlin being added to the tour list.

The story deals about the first Stones Show in Germany at Münsterland Halle in 1965 and what could have followed. Found a nice clip about it here at iorr, hope it works:

[youtu.be]

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: April 15, 2023 17:00

eismann

The film is not bad, more about East Germany than about Jagger or anything else.

Yep, the film is not bad - it's mainly about a man on a quest for his alleged father.

Mick Jagger, the Rolling Stones, their music and the 1965 Münster concert are just supports for the story - hence very few original (or almost no) Stones material.

Instead of a mockumentary it would have probably been better to make a classic road movie with (lot of) replayed/covered original music, more funny film elements and a good vibe. There's more potential in this story.

It's a small film (95 mins), saw it in a small cinema, also in the afternoon with about 12 other cinema-goers.

Halle Münsterland, Münster, Germany - September 1965
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 23, 2023 16:44

Could not find it posted before...

Re: Halle Münsterland, Münster, Germany - September 1965
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 17:00

Thx

Date: April 23, 2023 17:05

2000 LYFH

Posted also here - [iorr.org] .

Re: German fictional film - "Olaf Jagger"
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 23, 2023 17:55

Schubert is mildly funny playing up the cliche of a backward eastgerman on our state-funded local adaptation of "The Daily Show". Let that sink in without getting political. This project seems out of character for him, a bit like trying to follow in the footsteps of Olli Dittrich who excels at that type of thing. Wonder what Mick thinks about this

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: April 23, 2023 19:36

Nikkei
...Wonder what Mick thinks about this

Don't know what he thinks, but he knows about the film, or at least people close to him do.
When I saw the film, I could read something like this in the credits :
"Thanks to persons they are not seeing in the movie: Person A, Person B, Person C ... Mick Jagger, Ron Wood, Person G ...."
Only Mick and Ron from the Stones appeared in the credits.

I really enjoyed the film, it brought me back a bit to my (east)-german past, was mostly funny and I enjoyed seeing some well-known people/friends in the film ("Flitzpiepe aus Bautzen") grinning smiley
It all made the movie (for me) very worth seeing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-23 19:37 by Nankstone.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 24, 2023 22:46

2000 LYFH

Fantastic!!! Recall seeing B&W "Satisfaction" from it, but the color and "Around And Around" and "I'm Alright" were new to me. Especially the former track is awesome.

One of the best footages from those days (and great, well captured live guitaring playing by Brian). Damn they were an incredible live act and unit (already then)!

- Doxa

Date: October 12, 2023 10:25

On 19-Oct-2023 the film will be released on DVD as well as digitally on [iTunes.Apple.com] , [Play.Google.com] and [www.Amazon.de] . Language is German only (no subtitles).

Date: February 20, 2024 16:40

Netherlands - Film screening in Amsterdam:

Dinsdag, 27 Februari 2024, 19:15 uur, Het Ketelhuis, Westergasfabriek, Pazzanistraat 4, Amsterdam

Duits met Engelse ondertiteling - [DuitslandInstituut.nl] , [www.Ketelhuis.nl] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home