Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tony Sanches photo exhibition in London UK
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 10, 2023 22:54

Like James Fox...

Re: Tony Sanchez photo exhibition in London UK
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 11, 2023 17:33

Tony's book is valuable because it is one by someone who was intimately involved with the RS during their most interesting and most productive time, not cobbled together from others' first hand reports.

Others include Marianne, Bill German, Prince Rupert, Andrew Loog Oldham, June Shelley, Chris O'Dell, Shirley Arnold, Chet Flippo, Stanley Booth, Robert Greenfield (marginal) and Barbara Charone, as well as Bill and Keith of course.

Sadly, no book by Anita or Bianca will ever see the light of day.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 11, 2023 18:43

Bliss

Sadly, no book by Anita will ever see the light of day.

5th Amendment here? winking smiley

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: June 11, 2023 21:25

Bliss

Others include [...] Shirley Arnold,[...].

Oh, which one would that be? Would love to read it.

Date: June 11, 2023 22:37

Some small talk: According to Taylor's first wife Rose, Tony got caught in Taylor's bedroom stealing juwelry. I didn't know Tony was around during the Taylor years.

Date: June 15, 2023 14:47

TheflyingDutchman
Some small talk: According to Taylor's first wife Rose, Tony got caught in Taylor's bedroom stealing jewellery. I didn't know Tony was around during the Taylor years.

Yes, at Nellcote.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 15, 2023 15:35

Bliss
TheflyingDutchman
Some small talk: According to Taylor's first wife Rose, Tony got caught in Taylor's bedroom stealing jewellery. I didn't know Tony was around during the Taylor years.

Yes, at Nellcote.

Taylor didn't have a bedroom in Nellcote.

Mathijs

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 15, 2023 15:44

A book that reads nice and smooth, an (exaggerated?) look into The Rolling Stones kitchen 1968 / 1976.
This is the Dutch version.

Posted by: nickdominguez ()
Date: February 14, 2024 09:29

EXHIBITION ANNOUNCEMENT: THE
ROLLING STONES BY
SPANISH TONY IN NOTTING HILL 2024

Delighted to share early news of our 2024 Notting Hill exhibition of original, previously unseen photographs of The Rolling Stones at their adent peak, taken by the photographer 'Spanish Tony, so called by Keith Richards, a close friend, fixer and dealer to the band.
'Spanish Tony' Sanchez had extraordinary access to The Rolling Stones and his photographs, mostly unseen until now, are the most distinctive shots of the band a collector could hope for. The exhibition in Notting Hill, London will position Spanish Tony' alongside the greats of music photography and show The Rolling Stones in a light never seen before. The exhibition, in partnership with Spanish Tony Media, will run from February 28 at J/M Gallery, Notting Hill in London

Re: Tony Sanchez photo exhibition in London UK February 2024
Date: February 14, 2024 09:31

Subject name change

Spanish Tony Media Archives

Nick@spanishtonymedia.com IG - Spanishtonymedia

Posted by: Allegorius ()
Date: February 14, 2024 12:31

Oh, and I thought the exhibition was in October 2024.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-14 12:44 by Allegorius.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 14, 2024 12:33

That shot alone is priceless thumbs up

credits : Spanish Tony

HMN

Date: February 14, 2024 15:35

From this one, I presume.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 14, 2024 18:52

Up & Down w/ the Rolling Stones was the first Stones book that I ever read. I loved it. I'm pretty sure I re-read it a year or two later but not since (so 40+ years ago!). I should read it again.

Date: February 14, 2024 19:04

DandelionPowderman
From this one, I presume.

[www.youtube.com]

Wired all night. cool smiley

Unseen Rolling Stones photographs found in south London loft
Date: February 18, 2024 02:13

See the Yahoo article here:
A collection of personal photographs revealing life on tour with the Rolling Stones will go on display after the revelation of a family secret led to their discovery.

The intimate pictures of the band had been gathering dust in a south London loft for decades before being discovered by the grandsons of Tony Sanchez, the Rolling Stones’ close friend and fixer.

Nicknamed “Spanish Tony” by Keith Richards, Sanchez lived with the Stones for many years and had unprecedented access to the band.

[www.yahoo.com]

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 18, 2024 21:14

LeonidP
Up & Down w/ the Rolling Stones was the first Stones book that I ever read. I loved it. I'm pretty sure I re-read it a year or two later but not since (so 40+ years ago!). I should read it again.

Hey, me too!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 19, 2024 23:20

treaclefingers
LeonidP

Hey, me too!

Pretty sure that was my first Stones book. Either that or The First 20 Years by David Dalton which came out around the same time. I remember buying that at Coles book store in the local mall. A few years later I saw them clearing it out for $5 so I bought a few more copies, used one just to cut out many of the great pics!

Date: February 20, 2024 17:52

Looking forward to seeing this, have booked my (free) tickets through the gallery site.

Posted by: adamw3405 ()
Date: February 21, 2024 17:45

Me too - on the Sunday afternoon!

Date: February 21, 2024 21:40

Good luck, Nick! Hope it is amazing.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2024 21:56

DGA35
treaclefingers
LeonidP

Hey, me too!

Pretty sure that was my first Stones book. Either that or The First 20 Years by David Dalton which came out around the same time. I remember buying that at Coles book store in the local mall. A few years later I saw them clearing it out for $5 so I bought a few more copies, used one just to cut out many of the great pics!

I have that one too. The second book I bought was, "The Rolling Stones, In Their Own Words". My local book store didn't have a huge selection.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: February 22, 2024 00:04

New HD video with Keith and the Moog :

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-22 00:06 by Massimo68.

Date: February 23, 2024 06:35

Looks like you made the Daily Mail..

Daily Mail article on the Notting Hill exhibition

Spanish Tony Sanchez In the Press This Week BBC "THE TIMES" CNN And More
Date: February 25, 2024 14:04

London
CNN
— [edition.cnn.com]

Previously unseen photographs showing the Rolling Stones “at their decadent peak” are going on display at a London art gallery.

The images were taken by photographer “Spanish Tony” Sanchez, who lived and worked with the band as both friend and fixer for a time, and were thought to have been lost, according to a statement from the organizers of the exhibition.

“These recently rediscovered prints stand as one of the most important photographic records of The Rolling Stones to come to the market in years,” the statement reads.

The show, titled “Elegantly Wasted,” will feature photos of the Stones “taken at their decadent peak,” according to the statement from Bayliss Rare Books and Spanish Tony Media.

“Tony had unprecedented access to the band,” it reads. “These photos are the most idiosyncratic shots of the band a collector could hope for.”

The exhibition will run from February 28 to March 5 at J/M Gallery in London, and limited edition prints will be available to buy through Bayliss Rare Books.

“I couldn’t be happier to be involved in this project. I spent months trawling through Tony’s archive – thousands of negatives and contact sheets – and am blown away by Tony’s unique eye and the quality of these images,” said Oliver Bayliss, owner and founder of Bayliss Rare Books. “Fans and collectors alike are in for a real treat.”

Sanchez, who died in 2000, was a British photographer of Spanish descent who worked as Stones guitarist Keith Richards’ assistant.

_ A contact sheet shows photographs taken at the Stones' legendary free concert in Hyde Park, London, in the summer of 1969. Spanish Tony Media

Spanish Tony Media Archives

Nick@spanishtonymedia.com IG - Spanishtonymedia

Re: Spanish Tony Sanchez In the Press This Week BBC "THE TIMES" CNN And More
Date: February 26, 2024 22:49

Would love to see the pics of Anita not included in the showing!

Re: Spanish Tony Sanchez In the Press This Week BBC "THE TIMES" CNN And More
Date: February 27, 2024 13:21

I may be able to show you a handful lol we had some images licensed for the Anita documentary catching fire!!!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 28, 2024 20:38

All 28, limited-edition prints will be available to purchase from 28th February.

[www.baylissbooks.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2075
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home