Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 119 of 123
Re: How much will Stones ticket prices rise?
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 9, 2023 12:22

I don't care.
I just won't go.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 9, 2023 13:32

Roadster32
I don't care.
I just won't go.

Right answer !! thumbs up grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 9, 2023 20:04

NashvilleBlues
If a new tour ever happens, how much do you guys think PIT tickets will be? I doubt they will still be $500 in 2024. I’m guessing they’ll go up at least $100. I don’t care because I’ll get LDs, but just wondering…

Just a tour bus is $60,000 a month now minimum. How many does their crew require?

Classic rock audiences are starting to fade fast too so they gotta make up the difference if they anticipate 25% unsold tickets like 2021.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2023 21:39

Spodlumt
Without Charlie they should lower the prices, not raise them. Wish they would stop.

nevah stop, nevah stop, nevah stop, nevah stah---op.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 9, 2023 22:42

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 9, 2023 23:09

It's been Dips only for me for a good few years now. Failing that it's late cut price drops such as HP1 last year. But I'll carry on seeing the Stones until they pack it in, even though we're down to just 2 original members now.

In fairness to them full price pit tickets were cheaper last year than in 2018. But the pit was bigger. At HP, the Gold Circle, which reached the stage on Ronnie's side, was huge!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 10, 2023 00:59

paulywaul
Roadster32
I don't care.
I just won't go.

I care, but I'll still go.
My dentist can wait.grinning smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 10, 2023 21:16

MKjan
paulywaul
Roadster32
I don't care.
I just won't go.

I care, but I'll still go.
My dentist can wait.grinning smiley

I'm with those who don't care any longer and won't go! Not that there is any certainty they WILL tour again. When you are in your 60's, even early 70's a few months is nothing. Hitting 80 is a real milestone, and even a few months can impact on energy levels, on willingness to do it all again, on one's capacity to create the old magic.

I'm not saying they WON'T tour. Neither am I saying I don't want them to tour. It is entirely up to themselves. I'm simply saying that every month that passes makes the climb that little bit steeper...

Re: Stones tour plans 2023-2024
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2023 21:59

Bet you'd go if someone shouted you a pit-ticket ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 10, 2023 23:12

Rockman
Bet you'd go if someone shouted you a pit-ticket ....

I haven't got that many friends so I think that is about as likely as The Stones releasing the new album next week!

But I do like how you think my friend!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 12, 2023 17:53

Dynamic pricing has got really bad in the USA.

I remember PIT tickets were dynamically priced in the USA in 2019 but I managed to get a PIT ticket for face value, $499, in like March 2019.

Lucky dips are probably best in secondary markets. Don't go for them in major markets like NY/LA because they'll mostly be nosebleeds, like mine were.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 12, 2023 18:11

All I hear is Doom And Gloom.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 12, 2023 20:57

WelshEdge1

Lucky dips are probably best in secondary markets. Don't go for them in major markets like NY/LA because they'll mostly be nosebleeds, like mine were.

I guess that depends on one's luck. For the second show at SoFi stadium in L.A. 2021 , we ended up with PIT tickets.
For the first show show, I was given lower bowl seats in the VIP section about a third of the way back from the stage (apprx. 50 yd. line).
After the opening band, was able to maneuver my way in to a VIP lounge with a complimentary gourmet buffet, and from there had direct access to the floor where I ended up at the b-stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-12 20:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: June 12, 2023 21:40

Hairball
WelshEdge1

I guess that depends on one's luck. For the second show at SoFi stadium in L.A. 2021 , we ended up with PIT tickets.
For the first show show, I was given lower bowl seats in the VIP section about a third of the way back from the stage (apprx. 50 yd. line).
After the opening band, was able to maneuver my way in to a VIP lounge with a complimentary gourmet buffet, and from there had direct access to the floor where I ended up at the b-stage.

Agree.

At SoFi 1 and Vegas in 2021, got decent lower levels with direct view of the stage. Similar view in 2019 at the Rose Bowl.

Also had Lucky Dips for one of the NY/NJ shows in 2019, which I transferred to my daughter. She was given PIT.

In 2013, in the $85 Lucky Dip days, got a pair in lower level at Staples (which I had exchanged for uppers purchased at the initial sale after date was changed due to hockey playoffs); on the other hand, pulled nosebleeds in last few rows at MGM Grand and Honda Center.

Tis a crapshoot…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 12, 2023 22:07

Yeah, I've pulled pits in London. Entirely possible in major markets.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2023 23:37

Topi
GasLightStreet
Transport of the stage(s) will determine that.

That's part of it, but not the only determining factor. But yeah, logistical + production costs have certainly gone up.

Diesel is incredibly high and probably will be for quite some time. I haven't seen anything recently about "how many trucks" for the recent stages it took and how many they had moving around but no matter what it's very expensive. And of course that gets factored into ticket pricing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 12, 2023 23:56

I wonder if they were planning to reuse the cheap fold-up porta-stage with the corny carnival-like gaudy design that was used in Europe. Definitely cutting corners, and a money saver for the band with that one, but I dont think those savings would be passed on to the fans. But if they do come back to the US, hoping for an entirely different stage...even back to the giant towers of the No Filter tour...that was amazing, cutting edge, visually appealing, and classy.

Date: June 13, 2023 07:15

GasLightStreet
Topi
GasLightStreet

That's part of it, but not the only determining factor. But yeah, logistical + production costs have certainly gone up.

Diesel is incredibly high and probably will be for quite some time. I haven't seen anything recently about "how many trucks" for the recent stages it took and how many they had moving around but no matter what it's very expensive. And of course that gets factored into ticket pricing.

Last year in Europe they didn't even have their own stage to haul around. They rented the stages locally and only transported the screens/frames/PA. Yes, to save on logistical costs.

Date: June 13, 2023 10:08

I wish all this talking about tickets and dips would be relevant cause it would mean there is a tour coming up.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 13, 2023 10:43

Hairball
I wonder if they were planning to reuse the cheap fold-up porta-stage with the corny carnival-like gaudy design that was used in Europe. Definitely cutting corners, and a money saver for the band with that one, but I dont think those savings would be passed on to the fans. But if they do come back to the US, hoping for an entirely different stage...even back to the giant towers of the No Filter tour...that was amazing, cutting edge, visually appealing, and classy.

i can't remember but weren't there rumors of a new stage for the new tour?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 13, 2023 10:48

GasLightStreet
Topi
GasLightStreet

In the UK diesel prices have gone down to pre increase, lower than for a long time, so factor that into ticket prices, God the glass is always half empty hear.

Date: June 13, 2023 11:52

Yeah. The point I was trying to make is that logistics is certainly not the determining factor. There's an entire touring ecosystem to take care of. It costs a lot of money to be on the road, whether there's a show on a given day or not.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 13, 2023 16:28

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I wish all this talking about tickets and dips would be relevant cause it would mean there is a tour coming up.

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Stones-Tour flashback
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2023 22:45

1998 Flashback: on this day 25 years ago, 13-Jun-1998, the European leg of the Bridges To Babylon Tour started in Nuremberg (Germany), Zeppelinfeld.

[www.YouTube.com] , [iorr.org]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 14, 2023 01:22

Sadly, I don’t think this is legally binding.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 14, 2023 06:52

WelshEdge1
Dynamic pricing has got really bad in the USA.

I remember PIT tickets were dynamically priced in the USA in 2019 but I managed to get a PIT ticket for face value, $499, in like March 2019.

WelshEdge is correct that in major markets, lucky dips will “mostly be nosebleeds.” I got horrible seats at the Rosebowl in a section filled with lucky dippers. I got pit once in NJ, but I was lucky. The majority of lucky dip tickets in major markets will be nosebleeds. So you take your chances if, like me, you aren’t into self-upgrading.

Date: June 14, 2023 07:29

I guess in the big picture the majority of LDs will always be something else than pit/best seats. No matter the market.

It was explained well in roller99's Goldmine article a few years back:

[www.ilevene.com]

[iorr.org]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-14 07:45 by Topi.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: June 25, 2023 17:48

Interesting tweet by Steve Van Zandt, in response to fan requests for information about Springsteen’s future touring plans. After saying that Bruce and the band want to continue touring, he said that future touring plans are limited by:

“Availability of a limited amount of venues, hotels, planes, trucks, buses, cars, crewmembers, staging, sound systems, lights, video screens, etc, etc, etc. Every possible band and individual artist capable of touring is doing so like never before all at the same time.”

[twitter.com]

This supports some of the posts in this thread about the reason for the extended delay of the Stones tour, once it had to be postponed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-25 19:43 by bam.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 26, 2023 18:55

With news of a summertime video/photo shoot for a new studio record, I'm nostalgic for the old tour cycle of a late summer album release with N. America tour start in August/September. Dare to dream?

Date: June 26, 2023 19:18

Not a chance they're touring this fall. They would have had to announce it by now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...113114115116117118119120121122123Next
Current Page: 119 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home