Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 123
Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 7, 2022 16:30

The Rolling Stones Tour in Australia 2014, originally scheduled to start in Adelaide March 22, 2014, was announced on Nov 20, 2013 i.e. four months ahead. The shows went on sale one week later, and sold out in an hour or so.

Japan has been closed for tourism for almost three years now, but they open up next week, by Oct 11.

If The Rolling Stones go ahead and tour Australia and/or Japan early 2023, as there has been rumours about, then they do not need to announce any shows until late 2022 or early 2023.

Remember we are post covid still, Mick and Keith will be turning 80 next year, and they do know they will sell out any gig in an hour or so these days.

References:

IORR News 2013 - Nov/Dec entries

Japan details October's full tourism reopening: 6 things to know (nikkei.com)

Bjornulf

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 7, 2022 17:41

bv
The Rolling Stones Tour in Australia 2014, originally scheduled to start in Adelaide March 22, 2014, was announced on Nov 20, 2013 i.e. four months ahead. The shows went on sale one week later, and sold out in an hour or so.

Japan has been closed for tourism for almost three years now, but they open up next week, by Oct 11.

If The Rolling Stones go ahead and tour Australia and/or Japan early 2023, as there has been rumours about, then they do not need to announce any shows until late 2022 or early 2023.

Remember we are post covid still, Mick and Keith will be turning 80 next year, and they do know they will sell out any gig in an hour or so these days.

References:

IORR News 2013 - Nov/Dec entries

Japan details October's full tourism reopening: 6 things to know (nikkei.com)

And well, I’ll keep my fingers crossed then. Thanks guys

Rod

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 7, 2022 20:21

bitusa2012
I’m one who’s long thought, HOPED, going on past experience, that they would be in Australia in Feb/Mar 2023. But surely that would have been announced and, in fact, on sale by now? It’s only 4-5 months away after all. I’ve now given up hope.

Rod

Rod, don't give up. I'm rooting for you and Rockee to get some shows. It's time to go south!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2022 20:43

Looking forward to them playing anywhere again, and hoping it will go smoother than the recent European shows - specifically in regards to Covid which temporarily sidelined Mick resulting in canceled and postponed shows, not to mention the numerous fans who contacted it throughout the summer. And while covid has undoubtedly eased up, it's still wreaking havoc. Ringo just contacted it and was forced to cancel quite a few shows on his US tour. And with winter just around the corner, things will probably escalate as this article states: COVID wave looms in Europe: "newer Omicron subvariants are gaining ground. Hundreds of new forms of Omicron are being tracked by scientists".

That said, fingers crossed for the best, and hoping the Stones will be able to keep on rolling whether it be in Japan, Australia, or here, there, and everywhere...............

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 8, 2022 06:28

COVID will be around. Just like anything else.

The Rolling Stones will continue to roll however they can, 14 or 17 shows a year, more maybe a few more given continents...

A little more time still to enjoy. But not much.

Date: October 8, 2022 07:09

shattered
bitusa2012
I’m one who’s long thought, HOPED, going on past experience, that they would be in Australia in Feb/Mar 2023. But surely that would have been announced and, in fact, on sale by now? It’s only 4-5 months away after all. I’ve now given up hope.

Rod

Rod, don't give up. I'm rooting for you and Rockee to get some shows. It's time to go south!

Tks. As BV was one who mentioned the short time frame of past tour (where I had thought it was about a 9 month lead time, in error), and as he is someone who is somewhat in the know, I am now once more, very hopeful!

Rod

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2022 08:25

They have been navigating the past two tours in a highly active covid world, first in USA 2021, then Europe 2022. Both tours had their highly successful covid bubble, where band and crew are separated and protected by rules far stronger than in normal life. I know it is stressful and hard for the band and the crew, but it worked. I am sure they will do whatever it takes for the next tours as well.

Loosing one show (Bern) is a small loss, knowing many fans got covid this summer, and could not even attend shows. I am sure they will get on the road with the proper measures to do yet another successful tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 8, 2022 10:57

bitusa2012

Tks. As BV was one who mentioned the short time frame of past tour (where I had thought it was about a 9 month lead time, in error), and as he is someone who is somewhat in the know, I am now once more, very hopeful!

Keep hope alive! Really, if you look at the tour announcements over the past 9 years, the time frame has - usually - indeed been one where they only announce a tour 3-4 months out.

There have been some outliers such as the 2019 US tour announcement (announced in November 2018 for a projected April 2019 start) but 3-4 months out seems to be the norm these days. One of the reasons for that is the insurance, as I believe has been pointed out before by BV and others.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-08 11:00 by Topi.

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: October 11, 2022 07:22

I personally feel that ROLLING STONES will not be touring next year. As Mick Jagger will be turning 80. And I cannot think or imagine that Mick Jagger will be dancing around the stage at 80. That will be too much to ask from the front man.Also Keith Richards will be 79. So considering there age I feel 2022 maybe there last.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 11, 2022 07:24

smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 11, 2022 10:56

pftw04
I personally feel that ROLLING STONES will not be touring next year. As Mick Jagger will be turning 80. And I cannot think or imagine that Mick Jagger will be dancing around the stage at 80. That will be too much to ask from the front man.Also Keith Richards will be 79. So considering there age I feel 2022 maybe there last.

Sure. They end up being like the Beatles, a pure studio band... It will be a sad sight when they try to promote their newest album, all that interests anyone is 'when will the Stones tour again?'...

- Doxa

Date: October 11, 2022 11:07

pftw04

I don't think so (except if something happens..), but if they do they ended on a big high.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 11, 2022 11:52

pftw04

So at 79 Mick can still do it but at 80 he can't? Why that? Because of the number?

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: October 11, 2022 11:56

pftw04

How old are you by the way? winking smiley I PERSONALLY think you would better listen to what Mick said during the interview with P4 Extra (Swedish radio)..he clearly said 'I'm not planning it as a last tour".

Obviously it all depends on the Band members health condition. Even 20 years young lives has been gone for some reasons sometimes....

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 11, 2022 12:22

pftw04

Oh, make it a European spring/summer tour then! Deadline July 25th!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: October 11, 2022 12:43

pftw04

They will tour but only in Europe (June / July) with final gigs in Wembley Stadium

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 11, 2022 12:46

Whilst ever they want and are able to do it...they'll do it.

Mick thinks age is an issue ...but refuses to be old.

Keith accepts that he's old... but doesn't think age is an issue .

So, whilst ever there's an audience..they'll do it.

Date: October 11, 2022 13:01

AntoineParis
pftw04

They will tour but only in Europe (June / July) with final gigs in Wembley Stadium

I wish you were right about it. Maybe not necessary the Wembley part, but anyways winking smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: AshtrayGirl ()
Date: October 11, 2022 13:13

AntoineParis
pftw04

You're so optimistic! I would love this scenario to be true. But you can't always get what you want... Let's wait and see. Fingers, arms and legs crossed! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: October 11, 2022 13:27

AntoineParis
pftw04

You were right in past so... fingers crossed smiling smiley

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: October 11, 2022 16:50

I guess we won’t hear much now until after Christmas.

If we are lucky we’ll get either a few Europe or US dates next year, anything beyond that is a bonus. The days of extensive multi continent tours are over.

I do think the band would want to tour Asia / Australasia and / or South America but the logistics may not be in their favour given their age and post covid touring requirements / insurance costs.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 11, 2022 17:10

StonedRambler
pftw04

So at 79 Mick can still do it but at 80 he can't? Why that? Because of the number?

I think there is a lot of validity in the initial point about age here. Of course the passage of one year will not, in itself, catapult Mick into some form of physical incapability. The passage of two/three years MIGHT do so, but not one. However, becoming 80 is a massive milestone, even for Mick. He's a proud man with a lifetime of top class performances behind him. He MAY think that, all things considered, now is the time to call a halt. And he will certainly be assessing the health and physicality of other key personnel. Keith and Ronnie obviously, and perhaps others in the main supporting roles. Chuck and Tim to name just two. Why? Because he will want The Stones to remain at the very top of their game. Not begin the long slow decline to mere ordinariness in performance.

I am NOT saying the band won't tour. I'm most certainly not hinting they should not tour. But as I said in my opening sentence, I think the comment that kicked off this mini-thread is worthy of consideration. And is certainly worthy of our respect as a contribution to the wider debate.

Date: October 11, 2022 17:19

richie26188

If we are lucky we’ll get either a few Europe or US dates next year, anything beyond that is a bonus. The days of extensive multi continent tours are over.

I do think the band would want to tour Asia / Australasia and / or South America but the logistics may not be in their favour given their age and post covid touring requirements / insurance costs.

PLENTY of > 80yo’s travel. I know. I’m a travel agent. I sell tickets on commercial jet (not private) in Economy class from PERTH to Europe by the bucket load.

Rod

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 11, 2022 17:20

pftw04

I was thinking that when he turned 60.. and 70... Mick is superhuman in some way

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 11, 2022 19:18

bitusa2012
richie26188

PLENTY of > 80yo’s travel. I know. I’m a travel agent. I sell tickets on commercial jet (not private) in Economy class from PERTH to Europe by the bucket load.

Absolutely! Indeed 80yo's travelling is a very significant part of the travel industry as you know. However we are not talking about holiday travel in this instance. When The Stones travel, they work. And none of them work harder than Mick. On stage, off stage. In front of the audience, behind the scenes. The man really is a phenomenon.

But in fact I think it is one or two of the others who are most likely to initiate any ending. Now that Mick is in his 80th year - which of course he will not complete until July 2023 - I wonder if either Keith or Ronnie might think 'Maybe the time has come...?'

This is all conjecture. Nothing more. My wish ALWAYS is that The Stones end as they have rolled - at the top of their game. All guns blazing. Burning up whatever stage they are standing on, IF they perform an official final gig. Or otherwise on the back of a last studio album that proves one last time that they really are The Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band In The World...

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 12, 2022 02:12

maybe Japan National Stadium in Tokyo
[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 12, 2022 03:52

AntoineParis

Fantastic if true!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 12, 2022 07:06

Hairball
AntoineParis

Fantastic if true!

Already planning on final Roger Waters shows and Springsteen in June. I can add a few Stones shows too.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: October 12, 2022 08:49

artedm
[en.wikipedia.org]

Still to cold March and April.
No one ever had any outdoor music event in these month in Tokyo.

Date: October 12, 2022 11:26

a bigger nut
artedm
[en.wikipedia.org]

Still to cold March and April.
No one ever had any outdoor music event in these month in Tokyo.

Are you living in Tokyo by any chance? Or how many times have you visited there in Spring? It's not cold at all jut to your knowledge.

However, they are not going to play in Asia...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 123

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home