Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Keith in 2022
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: July 28, 2022 11:25

Whenever I watch videos of the current European tour, I´m extremely astonished about Keith´ stage appearance. Ok, his guitar playing may have his ups and downs. But...

...all that comes to my mind:

sovereign

upright

strong

charismatic

determined

joyful

straight forward!!

In 2019 we had a dark haired Keith, who seemed to be tired and sometimes disoriented.

I wonder, what has happened to him?

It´s kinda new VERSION of Keith!

By the way: how many versions of Keith did we have – since 1962?? LOL

Re: Keith in 2022
Posted by: novica ()
Date: July 28, 2022 11:59

an infinite number of versions!smileys with beer
everyday is a new Keith

Date: July 28, 2022 12:02

HAPPY

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: July 28, 2022 12:05

I guess we all have our up and down phases over the years. Everyone does. Keith is just someone who doesn't try to hide it. He is authentic in a way that he doesn't try to he super hyped up when he is down. Mick on the other hand is such a professional, I'm sure he could have a hang over and would still deliver his usual performance more or less.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 28, 2022 12:55

diet and regular

leaded and unleaded

teeth, no teeth, teeth again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 12:59 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 28, 2022 13:01

Keith has many layers as he is a chameleon

Date: July 28, 2022 13:02

StonedRambler
I guess we all have our up and down phases over the years. Everyone does. Keith is just someone who doesn't try to hide it. He is authentic in a way that he doesn't try to he super hyped up when he is down. Mick on the other hand is such a professional, I'm sure he could have a hang over and would still deliver his usual performance more or less.

well here's a clearly inebriated mick being interviewed before the show in ft. worth in 78

Date: July 28, 2022 13:11

ProfessorWolf
StonedRambler

well here's a clearly inebriated mick being interviewed before the show in ft. worth in 78

Good one haha. Never saw that.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 13:23

Funny question. I always read here Keith on fire, best playing I've heard.
Let's wait for the next tour to read that it's better than 2O2grinning smiley2 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 28, 2022 13:41

powerage78
I always read here Keith on fire, best playing I've heard.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Yeah, it's either suuuuper enthusiatic when Keith has a better day or they will totally bash him when he messed up a bit like last year on Sad Sad Sad in Tampa.

Date: July 28, 2022 13:46

Virgin Priest

In 2019 we had a dark haired Keith, who seemed to be tired and sometimes disoriented.

Well, recently someone posted here his "bandana theory" - that Keith only plays good if he wears a bandana. In 2019 he didn't wear one - so maybe it's that winking smiley

Date: July 28, 2022 14:24

StonedRambler
ProfessorWolf
StonedRambler

Good one haha. Never saw that.

here's a link to the full 10 min interview from the description on the above video on youtube

texasarchive.org

they also have another video of another news segment about fans laying siege to a ticket office fighting with police, jumping thru plate glass winows

texasarchive.org

also if any one can download these two videos and post them i'd really REALLY appreciate it

tried but just couldn't figure out how to do it

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 28, 2022 14:31

Well, it’s not always the case I have to say.

At HP2, he was off, more or less, for instance.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 28, 2022 14:57

Keith Richards in 2022 has finally returned to earth for good.

Date: July 28, 2022 15:08

Virgin Priest
Whenever I watch videos of the current European tour, I´m extremely astonished about Keith´ stage appearance. Ok, his guitar playing may have his ups and downs. But...

...all that comes to my mind:

sovereign

upright

strong

charismatic

determined

joyful

straight forward!!

It´s kinda new VERSION of Keith!

By the way: how many versions of Keith did we have – since 1962?? LOL

I could go into what has probably happened to Keith to revitalise him but this isn't the environment that i feel like talking about it.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 28, 2022 15:32

RisingStone

And he also disappeared for a while during miss you

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 15:45

Keith is more relaxed on stage now with Darryl and Steve providing a solid rhythm he can rely on. Even if he makes a lot of mistakes the songs will not fall apart.

Charlie was still good the last few years but did not provide the same solid foundation to rest on. Keith and Charlie had to work hard every show to make sure the songs held together.

In some ways the 2018/2019 shows were more interesting because the Keith/Charlie engine was still working hard and not playing around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 16:11 by EasterMan.

Date: July 28, 2022 15:49

Whale
RisingStone

Exactly. I pointed it out on the HP2 thread.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 15:53

RisingStone
Whale
RisingStone

He disappears for Miss You at mainly every show! In Paris he was backstage until the "walking central park" part. It's a rest for him! he deserves it!

Date: July 28, 2022 16:02

hockenheim95
RisingStone
Whale
RisingStone

He disappears for Miss You at mainly every show! In Paris he was backstage until the "walking central park" part. It's a rest for him! he deserves it!

Even so, I felt his non-existence during MY at HP2 exceptionally long.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 28, 2022 16:04

lets be honest: all keith adds to the liveshows nowadays is his persona, his charisma and that is very important of course. but when people say keith is playing great or better than ever - well thats just not true. he even makes terrible mistakes on songs he played a million times. he struggles to keep the rhythm and the leads like on sympathy are just awefull to listen to. but then again he is keith richards and when he playes those jumpping jack flash chords or any other riff its still one the best things to witness.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: July 28, 2022 16:13

And he cannot sing and play at the same time anymore.
On happy i was desperately missing his guitarsound,
only Ronnies slide... Its only half a cake.

Date: July 28, 2022 16:16

guitarbastard
lets be honest: all keith adds to the liveshows nowadays is his persona, his charisma and that is very important of course. but when people say keith is playing great or better than ever - well thats just not true. he even makes terrible mistakes on songs he played a million times. he struggles to keep the rhythm and the leads like on sympathy are just awefull to listen to. but then again he is keith richards and when he playes those jumpping jack flash chords or any other riff its still one the best things to witness.

yes but he struggles a little less now to hold them together and any win in our world is still a win

and his playing on bitch in brussels was just was just fantastic

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 16:46

The audience paid only for Bitch you think ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:04

the audience pay to see and hear the stones and what i witnesses live was that the crowd was very pleased also the newspapers overall very positive!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:17

They're old. Their skills have diminished due to age and lifestyle, but they are absolutely amazing for their ages, though it comes in fits and stops throughout each show.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:02

Keith does not play much better but he seems much happier, which makes a huge difference.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:22

MartinB
Keith does not play much better but he seems much happier, which makes a huge difference.

Yes, he seems to be very happy!
And it's great to watch him being happy and having fun and enjoying the shows!

Date: July 28, 2022 18:29

guitarbastard

As i suspected this will turn into a lets kick Keith in the teeth thread for the haters.
You obviously haven't been watching Keith very closely this tour, he really is playing and moving very well, of course we can't expect Keith to play Sympathy like back in 89' 90, ' just as Mick can't perform like he did 33 years ago, it's impossible, but in the last two shows Keith has really done well on Sympathy plus he's holding the band together, driving the band and helping Ronnie along too.

I love how sympathetic Ronnie and Keith have always been towards each others playing, i actually think Keith has helped Ronnie to get back to a good standard this tour, you see him coaxing Ronnie along, i've really enjoyed this tour and i think the shows have been to a higher standard and possibly that's down to Keith.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:39

keefriffhards
guitarbastard

As i suspected this will turn into a lets kick Keith in the teeth thread for the haters.
You obviously haven't been watching Keith very closely this tour, he really is playing and moving very well, of course we can't expect Keith to play Sympathy like back in 89' 90, ' just as Mick can't perform like he did 33 years ago, it's impossible, but in the last two shows Keith has really done well on Sympathy plus he's holding the band together, driving the band and helping Ronnie along too.

I love how sympathetic Ronnie and Keith have always been towards each others playing, i actually think Keith has helped Ronnie to get back to a good standard this tour, you see him coaxing Ronnie along, i've really enjoyed this tour and i think the shows have been to a higher standard and possibly that's down to Keith.

Can I agree with both comments?

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home