Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jack Nitzsche
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 01:46

Nitzsche seems to be the forgotten sideman for the band. He played on most of their best songs from1965 to 1967.He also arranged the choir on You Can’t Always Get What You Want. To me hewas as important as Hopkins or Preston

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-29 04:11 by Taylor1.

Re: Jack Nitzsche
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2022 03:28

genius .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 29, 2022 05:12

Recently saw David Letterman's bandleader Paul Shaffer conduct the Long Beach Symphony Orchestra (in one of their POPS series shows) in a performance of Jack's "The Lonely Surfer" instrumental that was so faithful to the original recording that it brought me to the edge of tears.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 29, 2022 05:36

He was so much more than a sideman for the Stones. He won an Academy Award for co-writing 'Up Where We Belong'. He wrote Needles and Pins for Jackie Deshannon. He produced Neil Young's incredible Expecting to Fly for the Buffalo Springfield. His work with Spector and the Wrecking Crew.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 07:10

I believe they would have first met at the TAMI show?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 12:28

I think his piano playing with the Stones perfectly suited the songs.He also may have influenced them in how to record their music.He just seems very underrated by Stones fans when you compare him to Hopkins or Preston

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 29, 2022 14:30

This clip is well worth watching. Tony Berg, record producer and Jack Nitzsche's assistent for many years, provide some great information about the recording of Memo From Turner, She Smiled Sweetly and Salt of the Earth.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 29, 2022 18:01

Jack Nitzsche’s long list of music and film scores credits are just incredibla

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home