Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: UDiscoverMusic Canada grand opening sale, 50% 4 LP Honk...
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 06:49

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
I have an update!!!! My package has been scanned in Illinois!!!! I’m guessing based on others that it’s on its way!!! Fingers crossed!!

It's gonna be an quite an adjustment for you shower of sh*t to pay for music in the future, though looking at Nashville's haul he's probably quite ok for some time.

No I messed up and should have thought to add more the first time out. I was going based solely on your original tip of Honk and GHS super deluxe being 50% off. That’s all I ordered in the first order. Didn’t give it a thought to check others until later deep into the night and that became the second order. Mostly all stones stuff. And it was cancelled along with order number 3. All I’m getting is Honk 4LP and the super deluxe of GHS vinyl, both for $28 shipped. Still a great deal.

But no won’t impact me any - I just ordered a buncha of Japanese exclusive items from HMV cuz their prices were quite cheap but the shipping went up prior to them shipping it cost me an extra $40!! I won’t be buying from them anymore. For what I paid I could have got most of the items from yesasia and gotten free shipping and would have been a few dollars cheaper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 02:30 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 2, 2022 14:08

VoodooLounge13
I have an update!!!! My package has been scanned in Illinois!!!! I’m guessing based on others that it’s on its way!!! Fingers crossed!!

Sounds promising!

Date: June 3, 2022 20:52

OK so today I received the Honk 4LP colored vinyl and the GHS Super Deluxe vinyl version!!! WooHoo!!! $28!!!!

Not too shabby!! Thanks again Treacle. Still need the GHS Super Deluxe Japanese CD version, but at least I have one of the two now. Not happy that they started splitting up the super deluxes!!! Anything to get more cash I guess!!

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 15:14

jackflash27
The order that got through in my case consists of:

Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition Box Set × 1
On Air 2LP × 1
Let It Bleed 50th Anniversary 2LP/2CD+ 7" × 1
Big h Anniversary Limited Edition LP × 1
Moving Grass) RSD LP × 1
Through the Past, Darkly RSD Color LP × 1
Honk Limited 4LP × 1
Steel Wheels Live From Atlantic City, NJ, 1989 Color 4LP × 1
A Bigger Bang Live On Copacabana Beach Multi Color Green/Yellow/Blue 3LP
Destroyer 45th Anniversary Limit
Queen Studio Collection 15 Studio Albums on 18LP × 3

Would be really something if this gets to my house

Today I received my order in perfect condition and didn't have to pay any taxes, or other costs. Total shipping costs something about 90 Euro's. This is really cool. Especially the Queen LP box and the Rush Super deluxe box is really something!

Date: June 11, 2022 16:35

Wow congrats on the haul!!!

Date: June 11, 2022 17:03

jackflash27
jackflash27

On Air 2LP × 1
Moving Grass) RSD LP × 1
Honk Limited 4LP × 1

Today I received my order in perfect condition and didn't have to pay any taxes, or other costs. Total shipping costs something about 90 Euro's. This is really cool. Especially the Queen LP box and the Rush Super deluxe box is really something!

You got 18 Queen LP’s? It wouldn’t let me get anything bigger than Steel Wheels Live 1989 (4 LP). It wouldn’t even let me get some double albums.

I’m in the US. Do you live in Canada?

Date: June 13, 2022 02:24

And it looks like he bought 3 of them!! I had issues too hence why I put thru 3 orders lol

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2022 02:33

You crazies made off like bandits.

I placed my order, 2 copies of the 4 LP Honk, 50% off and free shipping because over $100.

My order hasn't even arrived yet!

UDiscover Music Canada is clearly not Canadian, the shipping is coming from US. Can't believe all of you that got free items already have your orders, even to Europe!

Date: June 13, 2022 06:46

That’s rather ironic when one considers you were the one who told us about the sale!! I’m pretty sure my shipment came from Canada as it had to go thru customs and was then sent to a warehouse in IL.

Date: June 13, 2022 07:03

VoodooLounge13
That’s rather ironic when one considers you were the one who told us about the sale!! I’m pretty sure my shipment came from Canada as it had to go thru customs and was then sent to a warehouse in IL.

Funny, mine is also going through the Illinois warehouse.

Something's not quite right between our scenarios.

Date: June 13, 2022 08:23

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Then you will receive it I guess. My order got ‘stuck’ in Illinois too, didn’t get any shipping updates for 2 weeks and suddenly… there it was.
I’m from The Netherlands by the way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-13 08:33 by jackflash27.

Date: June 13, 2022 08:26

VoodooLounge13
And it looks like he bought 3 of them!! I had issues too hence why I put thru 3 orders lol

Ordered 3, received 1
This is quite a nice box. Never was that much into Queen, but now, listening to all of this, I’m really impressed. Also surprised I never took the time to deepdive into their work.

Date: June 13, 2022 08:33

NashvilleBlues
jackflash27
jackflash27

On Air 2LP × 1
Moving Grass) RSD LP × 1
Honk Limited 4LP × 1

You got 18 Queen LP’s? It wouldn’t let me get anything bigger than Steel Wheels Live 1989 (4 LP). It wouldn’t even let me get some double albums.

I’m in the US. Do you live in Canada?

Unbelievable indeed. The box must had a weight of 30kg or so. Never thought this order would reach me in the Netherlands. But it did surprisingly.
Feels a bit like a steal, but on the other hand We did nothing wrong. Like buying a 300 dollar pairing shoes with a 30 dollar pricetag on it winking smiley

Date: June 13, 2022 16:59

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13

Ordered 3, received 1
This is quite a nice box. Never was that much into Queen, but now, listening to all of this, I’m really impressed. Also surprised I never took the time to deepdive into their work.

I actually think they are much more than the singles that are constantly played on the radio. Innuendo is actually one of my favorite albums all-time. So many great songs on there.

Date: June 13, 2022 17:00

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Did you get the email that it was being prepared for customs as well?

Date: June 13, 2022 17:13

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Did you get the email that it was being prepared for customs as well?

I got a dispatched email May 26th. That's the only communication from them thus far.

Date: June 13, 2022 18:25

And it didn’t say something to the effect that it was on its way to customs for dispatch? That’s what my email stated.

Date: June 13, 2022 18:34

VoodooLounge13
And it didn’t say something to the effect that it was on its way to customs for dispatch? That’s what my email stated.

no

Date: June 13, 2022 18:59

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

no

hmmm weird

Date: June 13, 2022 19:50

I also did not get any emails or updates after the “leaving export warehouse” in Illinois update on the APC website. Therefore I didn’t count on a delivery in Europe. But after 3 weeks (shipping date was 24 May) it did happen. Just have patience, you will get your items.

Date: June 13, 2022 20:27

jackflash27
I also did not get any emails or updates after the “leaving export warehouse” in Illinois update on the APC website. Therefore I didn’t count on a delivery in Europe. But after 3 weeks (shipping date was 24 May) it did happen. Just have patience, you will get your items.

Well I'm not worried about getting it. It's just curious that a website that purpots to be 'Canadian' imports the products from the US, and gets deliver to everywhere in the world faster than to the 'home market'.

Clearly their execution leaves something to be desired, notwithstanding that I would completely understand your patience increasing with it being free!

Date: June 26, 2022 05:57

So guys get this….I’ll provide full details tomorrow but my 2nd shipment arrived today!!!! Thirteen items with 12 of them being Stones-related!!!!!! I’m whipped from traveling to my middle guy’s high school graduation but had to tell you that. Wait til you hear the details!!! Treacle you’re gonna fall outta your seat!!!! LOL.

Btw - I hope you’ve gotten yours by now!?!?!

Date: June 26, 2022 06:27

That’s great Voodoolounge13! Was this one of the Orders that was cancelled ?

Date: June 26, 2022 22:32

jackflash27

Yes indeed!

Date: June 26, 2022 23:00

VoodooLounge13
jackflash27

Yes indeed!

Great news for you. I'm not complaining with my Queen 18LP box and 12 other items. I had one other order placed, but it was cancelled by them. I believe the reason code was 'inventory', whatever that means. So not expecting anything more.All in all one of those lucky catches,

Enjoy all the new music.

Date: June 27, 2022 02:13

OK so to follow up from my message last night, my 2nd order was placed the day after I'd placed my first order for the Super Deluxe GHS Vinyl and Honk 4-colored LP. Like the 3rd order, it too was cancelled, and my money was refunded back to me at the time that they discovered the error with all of these orders. What set my 2nd order apart from the other 2 orders was that the shipment of it was delayed until sometime in June (I tried looking for the original email from them confirming the actual date, but I couldn't locate it in my trash). Before all of the orders were even cancelled, I had a feeling that it could be cancelled, even if all of the initial orders were fulfilled, because surely by June they would sort out what had happened!!!

Well, as I said, I'd gone out of state to attend my middle child's high school graduation with my folks, and when we got back last night, there was a big box sitting on my folks' front steps. They go, are you expecting another package, and I'm like, no I have everything now - been busy of late, with all I've been going thru, trying to stay upbeat by plugging my Stones' holes as I'd said elsewhere. I go over to look at the box, and low and behold it's from UDiscover!!!!! I open it right there, and pull out the packing slip, and I see that it's my CANCELLED second order!!!! I was sooooooooooo ecstatic, I couldn't wait to pull it all out and look it over!!

Here is the complete list of what was inside:

Stones in Mono CD box
Atlantic City bluray/2cd
Chris Cornell - No One Sings like you Anymore CD
RNR Circus LP Set
TY Super Deluxe CD set
Atlantic City 4-colored LP set
TTPD RSD orange vinyl
Big Hits RSD UK edition
Bridges to Bremen Bronze LP set
TY Clear Vinyl 2LP
LIB Super Deluxe Set
LIB 50th anniversary CD
Licked Live in NYC white vinyl

What caused the delay in shipping must have been the fact that I'd ordered the Licked Live, and they needed to wait until it was released! And so, since they had refunded me the shipping cost for this order when they cancelled it, I got this ENTIRE shipment for $0!!!!!! So this, plus GHS Super vinyl and Honk 4 colored LP alllllllllllll for a whopping $25 shipping!!!!

How about that?!?!?!?! Man, I wish the rest of life was going so good!!!! But man oh man did it make my day yday!!!!

Date: June 27, 2022 02:16

I'm psyched, because now my Tattoo You collection is complete!!! I have the original Virgin miniature replica CD from the 90's, the 2CD version from last year, the clear vinyl 2LP from last year, and both the vinyl and CD Super Deluxes!!!! I still need the GHS clear vinyl and the Japanese Super Deluxe CD version with the bonus track to complete that one.

This is really a TON of $$$ saved!! And what a break for this one to still slip thru the cracks at UDiscover!!!! Completed Stoked!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-27 04:47 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: June 30, 2022 16:00

VoodooLounge13
I'm psyched, because now my Tattoo You collection is complete!!! I have the original Virgin miniature replica CD from the 90's, the 2CD version from last year, the clear vinyl 2LP from last year, and both the vinyl and CD Super Deluxes!!!! I still need the GHS clear vinyl and the Japanese Super Deluxe CD version with the bonus track to complete that one.

This is really a TON of $$$ saved!! And what a break for this one to still slip thru the cracks at UDiscover!!!! Completed Stoked!!!

Well, it's getting a little embarrassing now. I also just received a box full of beautiful vinyl (again). It's the order that was cancelled. But it also contained Licked NYC, the LP that came out later and wasn't available at the moment of ordering. This is really insane. Someone really messed up at udiscover. Not complaining though.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: June 30, 2022 19:48

This has become my favourite thread! I keep coming back to check on developments. Happy for you all, you lucky bastards. hot smiley

Date: June 30, 2022 20:12

frenki09
This has become my favourite thread! I keep coming back to check on developments. Happy for you all, you lucky bastards. hot smiley

Appreciate it. Luck is right! My haul was glorious!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home