Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Fans shun tickets to Stones gigs
Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: May 9, 2022 06:05

It's been widely reported in British newspapers this weekend that thousands of tickets remain unsold for the Rolling Stones shows at Hyde Park on June 25 and July 3. It would appear the Rolling Stones need a reality check and realise that not everybody has deep pockets. I have a good friend and massive Stones fan who lives in Liverpool said the same thing is happening there with slow ticket sales. In Britain we are in a cost of living crisis and I can only hope the Stones offer more lucky dips in an attempt to shift some of these unsold tickets.

John Nicholls

Re: Fans shun tickets to Stones gigs
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 9, 2022 06:45

The cost of living crisis is squeezing everything, what is being reported 5% - 8% is in reality 10% - 15% and the first thing to be sacrificed is leisure spending.

I would have released the tickets as Festival seating and priced them at 60 Quid

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 9, 2022 07:06

The venues will be full. Just watch.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: May 9, 2022 07:53

When you add the price of travel and hotels it's not surprising. i'm away on holiday when they play Anfield (or I might have rolled up on the night and sat in the stands) and the prospect of Hyde Park, when you add the price of travel/hotel from my home in Anglesey is just too much, especially when it's just to witness the carnival one last time. With a subbing rhythm section and Keith in his dotage, it ain't the band it was. Plus do i really want to spent several hours standing in a field? in 2003 we got some arena shows. Even seated stadiums like 2006 would have been preferable. I'll stay at home and play El Mocambo loud instead, remembering the band they were. I'm sure the gigs will be a great spectacle as always, but for me, it's not worth the discomfort to my body or wallet.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 9, 2022 08:20

daspyknows

Perhaps not completely full across the board, but yes, there's still time to move tickets.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 9, 2022 08:23

Well the Stones are guaranteed a payment amount regardless of attendance so I'm sure the promotor will flog tickets as the concerts get nearer. Scalpers will take a bath. My friend bought last minute tickets in Tampa last year very cheap.

Date: May 9, 2022 09:28

Vienna seems a very slow seller. The rest looks good, no problems at all.

Date: May 9, 2022 10:07

Brussels also has all kinds of tickets available.

Date: May 9, 2022 10:10

Stonesfan62
It's been widely reported in British newspapers this weekend that thousands of tickets remain unsold for the Rolling Stones shows at Hyde Park on June 25 and July 3. It would appear the Rolling Stones need a reality check and realise that not everybody has deep pockets. I have a good friend and massive Stones fan who lives in Liverpool said the same thing is happening there with slow ticket sales. In Britain we are in a cost of living crisis and I can only hope the Stones offer more lucky dips in an attempt to shift some of these unsold tickets.

John Nicholls

The GA-tickets weren't that expensive?

Date: May 9, 2022 10:24

Stonesfan62
It's been widely reported in British newspapers this weekend that thousands of tickets remain unsold for the Rolling Stones shows at Hyde Park on June 25 and July 3.

Note that for Hyde Park July 3rd, the only available tickets - at the moment - are early entry GA's and "Golden VIP Hydeaway".

[shop.axs.co.uk]

Ticketmaster UK does have the "All VIP Terrace" seated tickets as well. [www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

But I'm not really sure where they get "thousands of tickets unsold" as far as July 3rd goes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-09 10:25 by Topi.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 9, 2022 12:00

Topi
Brussels also has all kinds of tickets available.

I’ve a keen interest in this as I’m dipping
Looking at ‘choose your own ticket’ on tm, all sections are indeed available but zoom in on the seats and looks like about 80% sold, not bad for two months out. Obviously can’t tell if there are loads or hardly any left in standing areas but looks to be selling pretty well, based on seats
That said, fingers crossed that plenty of pit available for lucky dips :-)

Date: May 9, 2022 12:04

Tried putting 6 Brussels pits into cart, no problem on either side. But yes, there's no way of telling the true quantity of standing-room tickets available.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 9, 2022 12:24

In the end they will give tickets to companies for an example, just to fill the place. They know how to play the game. Meanwhile many of the hardcores like myself bought VIP packages just to make sure we have prime seats or pits. I'm helping best I cansmiling smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 9, 2022 12:51

It's not just the Stones selling slow. I was looking at some shows involved in the Live Nation $25 promotion & it was surprising the amount of tickets available for some "hot" shows. On the arena or bigger sized shows it's not just the tickets that are out of control with the cost. You throw in parking, babysitter, service charges (seems to be the cost of another ticket on top of a pair lately) etc it's a significant amount of cash to go. Also something that is overlooked is shows on work nights. Some of the venues in the Seattle area have terrible traffic getting in & out. It can easily be way after midnight when you get home. If you start work at 5 or 6 AM that's a burden. The last time the Stones played here in 2019 it was a few weeks before I had to retire. I had to take 2 days off, 1 for the show & 1 for the recovery. So, there's a lot of factors.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 9, 2022 14:55

Many folk in UK are struggling with high energy bills etc and a Government who don't give a dam.
Maybe our 3 remaining Super Heroes should give something back for once.Here is a suggestion :proceeds from second Hyde Park gig go to the food banks

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 9, 2022 16:30

stargroover
Many folk in UK are struggling with high energy bills etc and a Government who don't give a dam.
Maybe our 3 remaining Super Heroes should give something back for once.Here is a suggestion :proceeds from second Hyde Park gig go to the food banks

It's the same in the states. The government thinks everything is good unless the stock market isn't doing well.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 9, 2022 17:47

PaintMonkeyManBlack

that's funny, the other venues seem open to me but every time I check Vienna there's not much left.. maybe I'm seeing things backwards!

Date: May 9, 2022 17:53

Paris is sold out for regular tickets (at the moment). Lyon only has back of the house seats left.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 9, 2022 17:58

The other issue is the supply side. Every band that can tour is touring this summer. I have ever had so many schedule conflicts. There are days where I have tickets to one show and there are two or three other shows I want to go to at the same time. I was at a festival on Saturday and had two friends offer me extras to another night show. The mind was interested but the body said otherwise. These are both big name artists and smaller artists. I am picking and choosing and still have an average of two to three shows a week through October.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 9, 2022 18:02

This has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with people being sick and tired of being taken for mugs. I love The Stones as much as anyone but their greed appalls me. I am very lucky to be well off, but I will never allow myself to be ripped off, no matter how much I love an artist. The Stones have been doing the same tour for decades, playing the same songs and offering nothing new. Where is the new album?

daspyknows

They will be close to full because there is enough people out there with common sense that will go to the venue an hour before the gig and pick up great tickets at half price. That is what we have done for the last few tours and it works a treat.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 9, 2022 18:13

strat72
This has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with people being sick and tired of being taken for mugs. I love The Stones as much as anyone but their greed appalls me. I am very lucky to be well off, but I will never allow myself to be ripped off, no matter how much I love an artist. The Stones have been doing the same tour for decades, playing the same songs and offering nothing new. Where is the new album?

daspyknows

They will be close to full because there is enough people out there with common sense that will go to the venue an hour before the gig and pick up great tickets at half price. That is what we have done for the last few tours and it works a treat.

It's a great show, but you're right, it's more or less the same show for at least a decade. A new album would only help if they "Some Girls'd" it and played a significant number of tunes from the new album - which they probably wouldn't ever do.

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND...they are almost 80 with a very small inner circle...ok triangle at this point.

The reason to see them IS they still can deliver the hits. Forget the creative/living breathing band nonsense. I want a new album as much as the next person, but this isn't going to change the live show enough. They are 60 years in and we can be thankful we're still here chatting about them as they release 'new' material from their past, and are about to embark on yet another tour.

Date: May 9, 2022 18:14

snoopy2
PaintMonkeyManBlack

that's funny, the other venues seem open to me but every time I check Vienna there's not much left.. maybe I'm seeing things backwards!

its not about the number of blocks but about the number of free seats in the block.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 9, 2022 18:19

Topi
Tried putting 6 Brussels pits into cart, no problem on either side. But yes, there's no way of telling the true quantity of standing-room tickets available.

a week ago there was only one pit ticket left…

Date: May 9, 2022 18:56

So they dropped more...well, color me surprised! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-09 18:58 by Topi.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 9, 2022 18:59

crholmstrom
stargroover

It's the same in the states. The government thinks everything is good unless the stock market isn't doing well.

Not really. It’s considered about interest rates and inflation. Nothing to do with the market.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: May 9, 2022 19:07

I wouldn't go to Hyde Park even if I could afford it. I'm too old to stand up all day

Date: May 9, 2022 19:51

Braincapers
I wouldn't go to Hyde Park even if I could afford it. I'm too old to stand up all day

Indeed Brain.... I'm not old but have no wish to stand in a park all day. However, Hyde Park is much cheaper for an artist to book than hiring Wembley/Twickenham/London Stadium/Spurs/Emirates.....

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 9, 2022 20:01

strat72
Do you buy from the box office or from people outside the stadium? I never trusted buying tickets from people outside the stadium, always worrying they could be fake. Especially with E-Tickets it's tricky. But might be I'm a bit too paranoid about that...

Thinking about doing it too this year. Only have tickets for one concert so far and have to see one concert without Charlie before I can make decisions about more concerts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-09 20:02 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 9, 2022 20:22

It is not just the Stones it is an oversupply of acts aggregated during the pandemic. At the same time there is inflation on consumer prices due to the W-thing and the energy crisis.
The price of tickets, which is on a all time high, haven't adjusted to that.

Date: May 9, 2022 21:13

StonedRambler
strat72
Do you buy from the box office or from people outside the stadium? I never trusted buying tickets from people outside the stadium, always worrying they could be fake. Especially with E-Tickets it's tricky. But might be I'm a bit too paranoid about that...

Thinking about doing it too this year. Only have tickets for one concert so far and have to see one concert without Charlie before I can make decisions about more concerts.

There will always be touts selling tickets. Leave it as late as possible until they have to dump their tickets. They will try and get face value but go much lower. Is there a risk? Yes, but it has worked everytime for us. Not just with The Stones either. My brother got a pit ticket dirt cheap off of a punter who just had one spare.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home