Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19
Re: Munich Gerrmany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: moseslake ()
Date: March 29, 2022 00:31

PaintMonkeyManBlack
moseslake
Monkey Man Black,

I’ll provide my phone number as we get closer to Tour. Is there a PM option here?

i don't think so.

If you share your e-mailadres i will sent you an e-mail

Aloha PMMB,

You can contact me at stpaul1025@gmail.com.

Posted by: CCK ()
Date: April 10, 2022 14:42

Anyone know if cameras will be allowed this time? Last time it was not allowed to bring them in. No information by FKP Scorpio by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 14:47 by CCK.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 10, 2022 16:07

CCK
Anyone know if cameras will be allowed this time? Last time it was not allowed to bring them in. No information by FKP Scorpio by now.

Why should they change their policy?

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: April 10, 2022 19:17

Professional equipment is never allowed. Otherwise, I expect it to be as usual.
In 2017, at least Hauke Jürgensen managed to get a camera in winking smiley

[iorr.org]

Posted by: CCK ()
Date: April 10, 2022 20:00

shattered1978
Professional equipment is never allowed. Otherwise, I expect it to be as usual.
In 2017, at least Hauke Jürgensen managed to get a camera in winking smiley

[iorr.org]

I know about professional equipment. At my entrance I wouldn't have had a chance to take even a small camera with me. In 2017 all sort were forbidden. Could not find this policy this time. Just hoped non-professional cameras would be allowed now.

Posted by: piscatorFL ()
Date: April 26, 2022 17:42

eventim has just released new seats that they had previously blocked. Tickets for some seats have become cheaper. Other seats have been blocked again. Crazy pricing policy!

Date: April 26, 2022 17:55

piscatorFL
eventim has just released new seats that they had previously blocked. Tickets for some seats have become cheaper. Other seats have been blocked again. Crazy pricing policy!

what did you expect? That's they way the do it nowadays…

Posted by: piscatorFL ()
Date: April 26, 2022 18:02

slewan
piscatorFL

... yes, but still crazy ...

Re: Munich Germany 2022 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 26, 2022 18:10

It's like they feel out the whole supply/demand thing during the first ticket sale period then adjust. Very slick.

Date: April 26, 2022 18:32

piscatorFL
slewan
piscatorFL

... yes, but still crazy ...

why? first they try to sell the expansive seats and watch how things turn out. Later they release some cheaper seat and/or lower the prices to be able to sell more tickets. Then they'll put some tickets on sale which were part of VIP packages etc. that didn't sell. Finally (maybe one or two weeks before the show) they'll throw more tickets on the market) and a day before the show they put what's left in the LD pool.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: April 27, 2022 12:27

Me & a friend have one pair of Lucky Dip tickets for Munich that we are selling away for a face value - pick up together with us from the box office. Email me for more info - wickerman767@aim.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-27 12:28 by wickerman.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 27, 2022 12:56

I will take them!!!!!!!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 27, 2022 13:10

I just sent you an email

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 27, 2022 13:34

slewan

Finally (maybe one or two weeks before the show) they'll throw more tickets on the market) and a day before the show they put what's left in the LD pool.

Not sure Lucky Dips are only assigned the day before the show. Would have to think there's a bit more of a lead time. I mean, they have to compile the list of buyer's names/info, print out the tickets, put them into envelopes etc., pretty sure that will take more than a day.

Also, not all unsold tickets will end up in the Lucky Dip pool either, that's not possible. After all, the number of Lucky Dips sold is limited and they basically sell out on them on day 1. Yes, sometimes there have been "drops", but very rarely.

And yes, the LDs are a way of filling empty seats/production holds, but depending on how a particular show sells, they will, for obvious reasons, still try to sell some of those empty seats at face value.

Think about it - if you had an unsold seat a day before the show, wouldn't you still keep it for sale and try to get money for it? Selling one average-priced ticket for face value still means more money than what a pair of Lucky Dip would have cost on day one of the general sale.

There will always be last-minute ticket buyers. We've all seen those countless stories on how people waited out and only bought their tickets on show day at the box office - and ended up with great seats. That would not be possible if "what's left" was put in the LD pool a day before.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-27 13:55 by Topi.

Date: April 27, 2022 14:17

Topi
slewan

Finally (maybe one or two weeks before the show) they'll throw more tickets on the market) and a day before the show they put what's left in the LD pool.

Not sure Lucky Dips are only assigned the day before the show. Would have to think there's a bit more of a lead time. I mean, they have to compile the list of buyer's names/info, print out the tickets, put them into envelopes etc., pretty sure that will take more than a day.

Also, not all unsold tickets will end up in the Lucky Dip pool either, that's not possible. After all, the number of Lucky Dips sold is limited and they basically sell out on them on day 1. Yes, sometimes there have been "drops", but very rarely.

And yes, the LDs are a way of filling empty seats/production holds, but depending on how a particular show sells, they will, for obvious reasons, still try to sell some of those empty seats at face value.

Think about it - if you had an unsold seat a day before the show, wouldn't you still keep it for sale and try to get money for it? Selling one average-priced ticket for face value still means more money than what a pair of Lucky Dip would have cost on day one of the general sale.

There will always be last-minute ticket buyers. We've all seen those countless stories on how people waited out and only bought their tickets on show day at the box office - and ended up with great seats. That would not be possible if "what's left" was put in the LD pool a day before.

in 2017/18 LD tickets were printed either on the day of the show or the day before (at least in Germany) – take a look at your eventim ticket. There's always the date and time of printing.
It's no big deal to print some 400 tickets and put them in envelopes. The list of the buyers can be printed from the ticket seller's database within a couple of minutes. The names of the buyers are in no way connected to the tickets/envelopes at all. At the venue they check your ID and your transaction number and then hand you an envelope (in a more or less random way)

Date: April 27, 2022 14:28

Fair enough, but the number of Lucky Dip pairs sold on day 1 still remains the same. We also know that the LD allotment also includes pit tickets and good seats - tickets that undoubtedly would have been sold for face value otherwise.

Therefore, not all Lucky Dip tickets are unsold seats. Now, the majority of them may well be, and as roller99's Goldmine magazine article explained it, it really is the basic idea behind LDs. They just throw some pits and good seats in there for good measure. [iorr.org]

But Lucky Dips aside, the box office will still try to sell some of those unsold seats right up until the last minute. I remember last year, for example, many US shows had tickets available for face value on Ticketmaster on show day.

Even the Berlin 2018 show had tickets, such as pit, available for face value on the day of the show. [iorr.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-27 14:38 by Topi.

Date: April 27, 2022 14:40

Topi
Fair enough, but the number of Lucky Dip pairs sold on day 1 still remains the same. We also know that the LD allotment also includes pit tickets and good seats - tickets that undoubtedly would have been sold for face value otherwise.

Therefore, not all Lucky Dip tickets are unsold seats. Now, the majority of them may well be, and as roller99's Goldmine magazine article explained it, it really is the basic idea behind LDs. They just throw some pits and good seats in there for good measure. [iorr.org]

But Lucky Dips aside, the box office will still try to sell some of those unsold seats right up until the last minute. I remember last year, for example, many US shows had tickets available for face value on Ticketmaster on show day.

of course not all LDs are unsold seats. But what's in the LD pool very much depends on ticket sales. The percentage of LD pit tickets varies greatly - only a few in Düsseldorf in 2017. In Berlin 2018 the vast majority of the LDs were pit tickets
Sometimes more LD tickets were put on sale some weeks before a show (London 2018)

And unless a show is completely sold out, they will always have a bunch of tickets in all categories to sell at the venue.

Date: April 27, 2022 14:47

Yes - now, it would be interesting to see actual statistics, per show, as to what percentage of LDs are pits, for example. What's the basis for "only a few in Düsseldorf"? Did only a few people report they got pit with their Düsseldorf LDs?

I do remember Berlin was - at least, reportedly - pits galore for LD buyers.

And no, I don't doubt that sales at a given show affect the % of good LD tickets.

As far as the pit goes, if it hasn't sold well, there are other ways besides LD to fill it up. We've all seen crew members handing out pit wristbands to people at GA.

The Goldmine article says there's "a hundred" pit tickets in the Lucky Dip pool per show, but no doubt that number will vary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-27 14:48 by Topi.

Date: April 27, 2022 15:42

well, nobody has official/actual statistics of the percentage of LD pit tickets.
But wherever I picked up LD tickets I stayed a while around the booth and observed people and asked them what they got. In Düsseldorf not too many were cheering and I only met a few who got pit tickets (and some of them didn't even realized that they got the best tickets until I told them what pit means). In Berlin I went back to the booth some 80 minutes after they opened and I was told that they are still handing out pit tickets.
Of course I didn't count every cheer or every disappointed face but if you stay close to the LD counter for a while and look for faces you have seen at the LD counter in the pit you get an impression whether there were few or many LD pit tickets.

Berlin – I forgot to mention that they didn't even have envelopes but just a pile of tickets in the same order they came out of the printer. The started handing out tickets from the top of that pile – beginning pit B, then pit A and so on

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-27 15:45 by slewan.

Date: April 27, 2022 15:51

Oh, I see, a bit of field research, nice! winking smiley

Given that Berlin pits were available on Eventim on the day of the show, and if they did indeed print out the LD pile the day before, it's not hard to imagine they saw all those unsold pits in the system and just filled up a good chunk of that LD quota with them.

Date: April 27, 2022 16:33

as a sociologist an inner force drives you to do field research.
(if someone tells me how to post pictures I can post some pics of the LD/pit tickets for those shows)

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 27, 2022 17:46

Wow Slewan. Maybe you saw my sad face in Stuttgart. I ended up in the back of the stadium. This time I bought the VIP package to make sure. But yeaah patience and knowledge can really pay off.

Date: April 27, 2022 19:06

A VIP package? Weren't there face value pits available?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 27, 2022 19:26

Probably, but I waited a week or two before I started buying tickets.

Date: April 27, 2022 20:59

Regarding to Lucky Dip i am pretty sure they just try to sell everything they have in advance regarding all seats. If they are sold they will squeeze in some more GA, GC and Pit's. This way they will make the most money I guess.

Date: April 27, 2022 21:27

frankotero
Wow Slewan. Maybe you saw my sad face in Stuttgart. I ended up in the back of the stadium. This time I bought the VIP package to make sure. But yeaah patience and knowledge can really pay off.

well, anyone who survived the chaos at the LD booth in Stuttgart without broken bones had a at least one reason to smile…

I myself got golden circle LD tickets but somehow made it into the pit

Date: April 27, 2022 22:09

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Regarding to Lucky Dip i am pretty sure they just try to sell everything they have in advance regarding all seats. If they are sold they will squeeze in some more GA, GC and Pit's. This way they will make the most money I guess.

Yes, financially there really is little incentive to release more Lucky Dip-priced tickets besides the usual allotment of 1000+ or whatever the real amount is. This is why Lucky Dip drops after day 1 are rare.

Remember, in the end it's not about selling out or filling every single seat, it's about the average ticket price. One single GA ticket will basically bring in more money than a pair of LDs.

(I'm not sure the local promoters would even want the whole Lucky Dip thing - it's something Stones Inc. mandates upon them. A fixed amount of tickets has to be sold at that lowest price point. The rest you can play around with, try to unload them as VIP packs, dynamically priced tickets etc.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-27 22:20 by Topi.

Date: April 27, 2022 23:27

Topi
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Yes, financially there really is little incentive to release more Lucky Dip-priced tickets besides the usual allotment of 1000+ or whatever the real amount is. This is why Lucky Dip drops after day 1 are rare.

I talked to those people who handed out the LD tickets at the show in Hamburg (2017) and they told me they and 400 of them (200 pairs). In Dublin (2018) they had a box that seemed to contain some 200 envelopes. In London (2018) 1000 LD tickets were issued for each show. One one of my London tickets there is a print saying '592/1000'.

Date: April 28, 2022 00:19

My LD tickets show the following information

Hamburg 09/09/17, printed at 10:51 (= show day)
Munich 12/09/17, 16:01 (= show day)
Düsseldorf 06/10/17, 14:49 – three days before the day of the show!
Dublin 06/05/18 – 11 days before the show!
London 22/05/18 – no printing date on the ticket, LD #41/200
London 25/05/18 – no printing date on the ticket, LD #592/1000
Berlin 22/06/18, 13:26 (= show day)
Stuttgart 30/06/18, 10:41 (= show day)

Date: April 28, 2022 09:11

Thanks. Do the printed-out Lucky Dip tickets indicate the price of the ticket and/or the words "Lucky Dip"? I seem to recall that was the case, at least with some venues.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-28 10:06 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home